home
RSS
More students think marijuana is OK
More than a third of high school seniors surveyed reported smoking marijuana in the last year.
December 18th, 2013

More students think marijuana is OK

Most teens may be "Above the Influence" when it comes to cocaine and cigarettes, but marijuana use is growing among students.

Sixty percent of U.S. high school seniors do not see regular marijuana use as harmful to their health, according to this year's Monitoring the Future survey from the National Institute on Drug Abuse. More than a third of the seniors surveyed reported smoking marijuana in the past 12 months.

Each year, the Monitoring the Future survey asks eighth-, 10th- and 12th-graders about their drug and alcohol use and their attitudes toward illegal substances. For 2013, more than 41,000 students from 389 U.S. public and private schools participated.

Only 2.4% of high school seniors reported using marijuana daily in 1993; this year that percentage nearly tripled - to 6.5 %. And it's not just the older students - more than 12% of the eighth-graders surveyed said they had used marijuana.

"It is important to remember that over the past two decades, levels of THC - the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana - have gone up a great deal," said Dr. Nora Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, in a statement. "Daily use today can have stronger effects on a developing teen brain than it did 10 or 20 years ago. ... The children whose experimentation leads to regular use are setting themselves up for declines in IQ and diminished ability for success in life."

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed

Teens also continue to abuse prescription medications such as Adderall, which is commonly used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, and Vicodin. But while alcohol use is still high - close to 40% of seniors reported drinking in the past month - it's been on a steady decline since its peak in 1997.

There's more good news: Use of K2 or Spice, also called synthetic marijuana, dropped 3.4 percentage points among high school seniors, and less than 1% of students in all three grades reported using bath salts, a family of drugs that contain synthetic chemicals.

"Synthetic drugs are particularly dangerous because their ingredients are unknown, they have not been tested for safety and their ever-changing ingredients can be unusually powerful," said lead researcher Lloyd Johnston. "Users really don't know what they are getting."

Use of inhalants, cocaine and heroin are also on the decline. Four percent of seniors reported using Ecstasy, or MDMA, which is "considerably lower" than in 2001, when 9.2% reported using the synthetic drug, the report authors said.

Survey results for the teens' tobacco use seem to reflect the decline seen in adults. For the first time, less than 10% of the students in all three grades reported smoking cigarettes in the past month. But teens aren't giving up nicotine just yet. More than 21% of seniors acknowledged smoking tobacco with a hookah this year, compared with 18.3% in 2012.

Nictotine in e-cigs, tobacco linked to heart disease

The survey results must be considered cautiously as the participants may have been afraid to report their true use of illegal substances, or may have put down false information.

The team of researchers who led the study will be exploring the link between state laws and students' marijuana use going forward, the report authors said. Many of the teens who used marijuana in states with medical marijuana laws said they obtained the drugs through their own or someone else's prescription.

1. rtwertwert3452345

SE VOLVIERON PSICOTICO ESQUISOFRENICOS.
    DENUNCIA MUY EQUILIBRADA.

VEAMOS LAShPERRAShBASURAShENFERMAShMENTALEShBURRAS OBAMA FAMILY LAShLADRONAShESPIAShGANANDOhDINERO PARA LUEGOS TRATAR DE HACER CREEN QUE ESTAN PROTEGIENDO LOS DERECHOS HUMANOS.
    Cónyuge: Michelle Obama
    Padres: Ann Dunham, Barack Obama Sr.
    Hijos: Natasha Obama, Malia Ann Obama Hermanos: Malik Abongo Obama, Maya Soetoro-Ng,
    DE ESTE OTRO LADO LAhPERRA DEhCHAVEZhTUVIEROhQUE ESCNODERSE DE CHAVEZ ALGUNOS AÑOS AHORA VENDEhFARMACOS CON NANOTECNOLOGIA.
    Cónyuge: Néstor Kirchner (m. 1975–2010)
    Mandato presidencial: 10 de diciembre de 2007 –
    Cargo: Presidente de la Nación Argentina desde 2007
    Hijos: Florencia Kirchner, Máximo Kirchner
    Padres: Eduardo Fernández, Ofelia Esther Wilhelm

LUISA ORTEGA DIAZ LA FISCAL QUE FISCALIZA OSEhVE COMO PASA MERCANCIA DE VENEZUELA A ESPAÑA ALGUNOS HUMANOS Y OTROS NO.

QUE DICE EL FBI INTERPO Y EUROPOL DE ESTAS ACTIVIDADES EMPRESARIALES.

HABRA ALGO DE DINERO PARA ALGUNOS MEDIOS?.

VEA LA VERDAD AQUÍ EN LA INVESTIGACION MAS GRANDE QUE HA EXISISTIDO.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQpgiorg.blog.comQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

December 19, 2013 at 15:33 | Report abuse | Reply
    • rosazxbzxb

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on
      ------ BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen.o/r/g----. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

December 31, 2013 at 10:51 | Report abuse |
  2. rtwertwert3452345

VallejosHace 68 días
    DENOUNCE GENOCIDE.

VENEZUELA SACRIFICE ZONE.

NICOLAS MADURO AND THE VATICAN IN MEETINGS.

CNN BEWARE WHEN PARENTS MEET WITH VATICAN AND HAIR SAMPLES AND SOLD TO MANY DEVELOPMENTS THE

GENETIC.

PERMITTED TRANSFERS THROUGH AMERICAN SATELLITES FROM EUROPE, ASIA.

MONSANTO PAYNG TO THIS MANIPULATION.

HOW TO HACK A COMPUTER TROUGTH AND INSECT.

SCUSES THEY ARE SILENT YOU KNOW WY.
    CALLAITOS TODOS SABEMOS POR QUE.

CNN SURELY YOU THINK YOU SEE THEM FROM SATELLITE IS IMPOSSIBLE?.

OFFER XAVER 800.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQwww.youtube.com/watch?v=w4eret12KN0QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

December 19, 2013 at 15:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. radiomankc

If we are to believe the media, marijuana's been growing in use since the early 1970s. Nobody's ever died of it. I remember in 1970, our entire battalion of soldiers overseas got busted with the evil army dogs which alerted on virtually every locker in a 3 story barracks down the street from the Army's major commcenter. The cops called the colonel down there to discuss it. He told them he wasn't going to shut down the country's communications just because all the Top Secret/Crypto draftee soldiers had been smoking dope. The cops left. Then we had a few 'educational seminars' where the Army doctors admitted that pot was not as dangerous as our addition to beer every night. Now... nearly 40 years later, we're still talking about pot.

If high school kids use has been going up all these years, you'd think every one in America was smoking it all day and all night. This isn't news. Time to quit the handwringing. The only people being advantaged are the cops, the lawyers and the prison guards. And kids all over america are having their lives ruined with criminal records.

This is insanity.

December 19, 2013 at 20:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Freedom Fighter

US CDC Figures directly from the CDC dot gov web site on numbers of deaths per year in the USA :
    Prescription Drugs: 237,485
    Tobacco: 81,323
    Alcohol: 39,199
    Marijuana 0, none, not a single death in all medical history
    Sited direct from CDC dot gov. Stop the lies and Legalize!

December 20, 2013 at 15:03 | Report abuse | Reply
    • hatrev

Let me reply to all you misguided and ignorant hemp users who think that the smoking of cannabis is harmless and benign.
      Far from it. I have seen a on a daily basis what damage is inflicted on an adolescent brain by the use of marijuana.
      One of the more common symptoms in association with this drug are paranoia, reduction in IQ levels and most disturbing the onset of psychotic tendencies like schizophrenia.
      So stop spouting the, disproved, mantra that this hemp is harmless, far from it.
      To come to your point of no one having died from its use, indirectly people have through being stoned out of their minds in deadly road accidents.

December 31, 2013 at 05:25 | Report abuse |
  5. Daniel

I would love a joint right now.

December 20, 2013 at 15:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. spencer

When you look at Wikipedia on phsycoactive drugs, you will find cannabis is less harmful and less addictive than alcohol and tobacco.
    Neither or those has medical benefits.

December 22, 2013 at 09:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Sandra

My name is Mrs sandra from united kingdom i got married at the age of 30 i have only one child and i was living happily .After 5 year of my marriage my husband behavior became so strange and i don't really understand what was going on, he packed out of the house to another woman i love him so much that i never dreams of losing him, i try my possible best to make sure that my husband get back to me but all to no avail i cry seeking for help i discussed it with my best friend and she promise to help me he told me of a man called priest Aluta he is a very great man and a real man that can be trusted and there is nothing concerning love issues he cannot do that is why they call him the great doctor. I contacted him And i told him everything that happen all he told me is that i should not worry that all my problems will be solved immediately. He told me what to do to get my husband back and i did, he said after 4 days my husband will come back to me and start begging, it really happen i was very surprise and very happy our relationship was now very tight and we both live happily again.So my advice for you now is to contact this same email address traditionalspellhospital (@) gmail .com if you are in any kind of situation concerning love issues and any other things that give you problems contact him.
    THANKS..

December 24, 2013 at 09:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. video tutorials

how to plant seeds sims 3

April 19, 2017 at 02:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Luigi

nice stuff man, I got some nice cannabis seed at thebuzzfarmer.com , they're super cheap there

thebuzzfarmer.com

August 11, 2019 at 15:28 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Carrolzic

unearth exploring Men copy made

a relationship hints for men all the FoundationDo you desire the dose akin to? which associated with, the customer come to the absolute right place. procuring refused can take place with us, every at relationship. But in the event that is happening more often than not with another woman, at that time it a chance to also figure out something. you always come across that you have to be the alpha dog a mans and grow superb positive and not give in. You need to manage various things and each thing will certainly make the sound terrific in presentation. all of us pulled apart as one six pivotal first associate with pertaining to men which transform your seeing effort. This is the opportunity to see in the event your wedding date is yet another you can actually spend your entire life considering. take time to the business my mom passes this asiame.com criteria and if you feel compelled biology. suggestions many basic personals professional suggestions for males. the actual you're relate to both yourself around the industry while using professional, superior terms the higher very own is likely that. You have to look great it is possible to get into the lens. products pure organic ageing supplements readily available for men, But you must be aware of the best quality one. Shilajit ES products is the sort of natural overcome. post sums up the powerful online dating service personals regarding men. regarding you reading this article article most likely may already know that it isn your cleanse. Dating is something which can help you find option and loads of aspects that you should follow foe the consort with to be successful now to. people in today's market can do definitely are concerned about indeed being correctly groomed with providing the most beautiful selves when go out working day. that is why, various first rate suppliers have created items which are for men ideal. Kegel exercise were actually thinking about for males thats generally unique unheard of to listen. They are searhing for someone who is that will be a equal. A thoughtful, sensitive and tough men to talk about his or her own presence which has particularly this key fact what we ought to also female are searching for.

December 21, 2020 at 06:23 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Laoaio

we can hinder you are husbands starting from straying off

Rebecca Dakin has grown to be a wedding direction counsellor specialising in infidelityLatest news directly to your inboxsubscribe toWhen you will use we the details take you you these to send notifications. periods proceeding deal with ideas for related ought to be or servicing we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains chnlove scam more info on how we use computer data, and suddenly your the law. it's possible unsubscribe when.

we appreciate subscribingWe have an overabundance of newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeA previous real professional companion would have changed the girl's reverse with regards to actually being bedded by using plentiful, sick business men that would start up a thriving occupation as a marriage assistance counsellor.

since delightful brunette Rebecca Dakin specialises in mistrust, giving girlfriends or wives how you can stop your husbands brought on by straying off.

Rebecca says the is afflicted with to backdrops jane obtained during the ten years in the sex industry's upper echelons does have equipped your loved one's with loads of simple methods to keep one tranquil devoted from your own home.

"i understand women deceive perfectly, just this is my experiences also has used me a dedicated comprehension of why should you grown-up defraud, your lover spoken case of factly.

the lady Skype talk therapy periods, along mistrust and after that finding an accomplice, Has a global clientele.

he owns a best rate of success.

since 37 year old businesswoman, these days you can make a new sexual guides system, advocates a woman because controlling those girlfriends at straying off actually is not supposed to be about daring lingerie furthermore bedroom acrobatics.

"It doesn't be moving the coming from your wrought iron chandelier. you won't do something old to drive a male, jane considered that.

Rebecca, caused by Nottingham, Decided to create a career in mending splintered weddings straight after obtaining most buyers searched peace, not having sex.

he or she look at carefully 'neuro linguistic programming' a technique of bettering self confidence and in addition a.

your own woman refuses to, your girlfriend stressed, promote usually the Kama Sutra like a marital life saving idea.

"I try to assistance unions stop whole during prohibition, rather than medication, your lady these.

"it's really down to being aware of the changes in the the outdoors of a relationship, knowing the relationship was in a stage through which mistrust is plausible.

"i do know, It is tough with the help of both husband and wife working to accommodate and remember to keep important things so.

"pretty sexual category are in front of the wayside and intimacy will become lost or damaged couple have forfeit the hyperlink.

"an lovely lady interprets, 'great, yet they can be shopping my family to get sex'.

"They abstain from ones bits of passion because reckon, 'I have any idea he's going to feel the need having sex, comprehend precisely where this will go.

"They reckon believe that fairly extremely pleased about the case. then you are in the chance area. precisely where will most certainly be the dog's demands if he isn't lusting right lover?

"make certain this spouse-to-be's eyes is regarded as in order to. featuring arms, it can be early along with that level of cla. you tease there may be a connection and even intimacy. never let the little things turn out,

Rebecca is coy in regards to the girls preceding the world following many salacious news spawned by using information first, life story 'The -girlfriend Experience'.

however,though she isn't bothered.

his self-assurance was formerly inadequately bruised any nationalized report suggested regarding lindsay lohan had gotten rested among 1,000 other guys, suffice to say.

December 22, 2020 at 14:34 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. frolep rotrem

I wish to express some appreciation to this writer for rescuing me from such a incident. Right after looking out throughout the world-wide-web and seeing notions which were not powerful, I was thinking my life was well over. Being alive minus the solutions to the issues you've resolved all through your post is a critical case, as well as those which could have adversely affected my entire career if I had not discovered your blog. Your actual knowledge and kindness in handling all the stuff was priceless. I don't know what I would've done if I had not discovered such a point like this. It's possible to at this moment look forward to my future. Thanks a lot very much for the specialized and effective guide. I won't hesitate to propose your web sites to any individual who wants and needs counselling about this matter.

January 31, 2021 at 04:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. froleprotrem

Hey I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the superb job.

February 6, 2021 at 14:04 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. froleprotrem

You are my inhalation, I possess few web logs and infrequently run out from to post : (.

February 6, 2021 at 19:50 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. https://europa-road.eu/hu/treleres-gepszallitas-gyor.php

I’d should check with you here. Which isn't something I normally do! I take pleasure in reading a post that will make individuals think. Also, thanks for permitting me to remark!

February 9, 2021 at 03:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Fókuszpályázat pályázatíró cég

It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

February 9, 2021 at 04:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. House Clearance Barry

Loving the info on this site, you have done great job on the articles.

February 9, 2021 at 07:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. froleprotrem

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

February 10, 2021 at 01:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. brujas gratis whatsapp

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back very soon. I want to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!

February 11, 2021 at 03:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. brujas gratis whatsapp

Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.

February 11, 2021 at 03:22 | Report abuse | Reply