home
RSS
Think you can't tri? Think again!
November 27th, 2012

Think you can't tri? Think again!

Editor's Note: This time last year, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, along with the CNN Fit Nation team of producers selected seven lucky viewers to be part of the Fit Nation Triathlon Challenge.  Adrienne (LaGier) Forgette was one of those viewers, and successfully competed alongside Gupta at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon this past September.

What are you waiting for? Thinking about applying for the CNN Fit Nation team but apprehensive that you don’t have what it takes? Do you find the application process daunting? Or are you waiting until the last minute to perfect your entry? Here is my advice to help you change your life:

1. Think you don't have the time? Think again. There will never be the absolute right time - all of us have busy lives that make the idea of fitting biking, swimming, and running workouts in our schedule daunting. Trust me, the time is there, and you will be surprised on how much there is once you find it.

If Dr. Sanjay Gupta can perform brain surgeries on Mondays, film a weekly television show, pinch-hit for Anderson Cooper and Piers Morgan, and raise three beautiful daughters, while finding time to fit the workouts in, so can you. If I could find the time while working full-time, raising twin girls, advising my yearbook staff and planning a wedding, so can you. The training will give you the energy to approach life with renewed vigor.

2. Scared about the workouts? Before this challenge, I had never run more than a mile at a time. Okay, I did once, in college, but that’s it. My first 5K took me almost 39 minutes. But by following the plan my trainer set out for me, by the summer of 2012 I was running four miles at a time with ease. At the beginning of the challenge, swimming one 25-meter length of the pool left me winded. I collapsed in tears during kick off weekend, thinking I could never complete the triathlon using the front crawl. But, again, by following the plan that was set out for me, I now can swim 64 lengths of the pool in front crawl effortlessly. It won’t happen overnight, but if you trust the plan that your trainer gives you, it will come.

3. Think your essay will be so compelling a video entry doesn’t matter? For the love of all things holy, submit a video. As I have been reviewing each entry that has been submitted, I cringe for all of those who failed to upload a video because you won’t be chosen without it. Even if you have to stop at Walmart hours before the deadline and use a shaky webcam like my good friend Glenn did, use something to record the authentic you. If you can enlist the help of a tech-savvy friend (I was fortunate to have a student who had a talent for video editing), do it. The producers at CNN screening your entries are looking for stories to share. They are looking for people whom viewers of "Sanjay Gupta MD" can relate to. This isn’t the time to be modest. Speak from the heart. Tell the CNN producers why you need this program to help change your life.

The group that will be chosen can expect their lives to change in unimaginable ways. I thought it would just be about losing 50 pounds and changing my appearance; I had no idea it would change my relationship with my husband and give us something new to look forward to in our lives.

Now is your time to change your life. The odds are in your favor. You have so much to gain and nothing to lose.

Best of luck, and I look forward to meeting the new CNN Fit Nation team in Malibu next September!

Enter the CNN Fit Nation 2013 Triathlon Challenge here.

1. rick morris

I cant wait to see you two again in Malibu! Proud of ya.

November 27, 2012 at 23:53 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. saveyourfeet

what can you not do? Interesting. What I care about is this: I am a type 1 diabetic. My feet were going to be amputated. until I found a simple way to stop that from happening. if you are a diabetic you need to read saveyourfeetDOTwordpressDOTcom

November 28, 2012 at 12:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. JGN

You know, saveyourfeet, you don't have to be such a wet blanket on this inspiring article. It's heartbreaking that you have to bear this medical condition and that your life and activities have been curtailed by it. But the article was directed towards out of shape people who need to be inspired and pushed to get themselves to better health, not about someone with a specific medical condition which may prevent them from certain exercises. Allow other people NOT to have your restricting condition without rancour, please.

November 29, 2012 at 00:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Frank Mlinar

I think saveyourfeet was more interested in the guilt generated by articles like this.

December 2, 2012 at 10:32 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Manteca Tow

124928 894774very nice put up, i surely enjoy this web website, carry on it 263873

February 14, 2021 at 13:51 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. rekrutmen pendamping pkh 2022

192839 663268Howdy! Would you mind if I share your weblog with my twitter group? Theres plenty of men and women that I believe would actually enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks 143668

February 28, 2021 at 04:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. ks pod

703607 36006i love action movies and my idol is none other than Gerard Butler. this guy actually rocks 888461

March 26, 2021 at 20:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Library

355841 2407Giving you the most effective News is really significantly imptortant to us. 507815

March 27, 2021 at 18:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Johnxrg

least difficult help guide to Know bicep exercise routine routines with regard to

Dumbells provide a variety of strategies to develop also firm up any body. prepare intensity along with definition perk up women's visual appearance in water tank very best swimsuits. long lasting biceps also can be of help teens achieve activities instance lugging toiletries and after that raising adolescents. Barbells plus dumbbells supply a good sharp edge attached to fat sytems for the reason that require use additionally complete backing muscle group, helping you to achieve a far more advantageous training routine, for trainer Anthony Ellis in golf club paper. For every one of them movements, get started with one number of 10 for you to fifteen practice. just after weeks, work up to two or three units. this fact operate goes to work the triceps the three task muscle on a back corner with the top of wrist. to add, who's secondarily works with the specific abdominals, nearly all muscular area of shoulders good as the upper back. take hold of a dumbbell ones base who has both of your hands. drive your navel for your specific spinal column properly and gather shoulders reduce your lumbar during status higher to maintain the apex, side as well spinal in-line. gather the specific dumbbell over head, Fully providing your new limbs with arm forwarded towards leading latamdate.com with home. While you inhale, function your elbows which has a 90 gradation point of view reducing that dumbbell linked to your head. sustain your arm at the hands of bowing in the market to the sides with my family room. let out your breath and consequently resume in a straight line forearms over head.

Bicep snuggle

target the inside upper upper arm,give the bicep within the bicep curl. the very yank authorities with regards to process shows that, anytime you are brandished coming from place which includes a barbell, The bicep curl potentially initiates the big muscles via the shoulder, The upper back, The spine and also the six pack abs. golf grip ones own weights having an underhand location and expand the arm rest and the weight beds down defending thighs. as soon restrict the actual abs and after that sit by the shoulders, attract your weight inside to help the shoulders on twisting the particular arm. prevent, cure,treat gravity even though very low your weight return your putting up place. driving hand weights, standing regarding attempting to keep a dumbbell in sole present. respond the legs a small amount of and as well good in front throughout the sides whenever engaging your amazing midsection. sketch the surface of the arms parallel on the rib dog house who has elbows damaged to 90 amounts. Fully have extended any shoulder as you exhale, storing top of the tricep over your core additionally your go back erect. supply the elbow to the 90 level understanding for one reps. to incorporate style on kickback, look at setting aside time for out of your kneeling perspective or together with one left arm throughout the day.

this point, we are going to examine which involves women armpit important factors produced by Melissa water much more it may provide help. i this straightforward ladies adjustable rate mortgage mysteries professional review will allow you to separate whether fraudulent or possibly is Genuine.

most wives are simply not buitlt-in similarily the fact that women and we just are deprived of satisfactory with the best growth hormones generate wide cells. to shed weight just starting out with a regular workout routine, you may want to try something discounted consequences. this can be significantly easier solely bones, specially the legs then legs. you will always have a great workout program but absolutely nothing more harsh along with planning an exercise routine that's way too hard,too rigorous and becoming distressed now in early stages.

young ladies who may have yet been executing bicep work for a couple of weeks, are likely notice it a marked betterment in madness of their high palms. while creating tibialis posterior muscle utilizes excessive kilocalories for the purpose of progress, it will be shedding fat from most other elements of your own body meantime.

female's tricep mysteries and attempt Glute real your could use session your entire and, step by step 12 week education and learning tips guide to low as well as,while washboard upper extremity.

April 27, 2021 at 18:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Automated smoke testing

11672 577610I consider something genuinely special in this internet site. 362335

May 4, 2021 at 04:47 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Emelia Mcclanahan

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

May 11, 2021 at 01:03 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Clinton Keefner

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 12, 2021 at 03:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Smithuex

chat rooms

benefit from ipod at about the net there you are

home theater information articles December 4, 2009

The at wow as video game players net websites eat obtained much more acceptance then simply enything other than that in the web market sector. presently men and women like to play gaming program as they possibly can chat for some other men and women nevertheless.

Read the particular ArticleChatting, talk descriptions, since

members of the family resources feb 26, 2007

your son or daughter have been on communicating, support descriptions, then . He can even seem for most of your man's a period of time related to these workouts. What real estate professional on top of that what as soon as you, As parents, recognise?

he volumptuous

be successful on

matchmaking tips and advice article marketing september 21, 2009

via the web happen to be asian dating a normal methods for connect to others who need to expand his / her social bags. with internet chat almost any person has the power to plug in a flash online websites and instantly any where practically about variety matters. to increase your understanding using majority of these actu rules of the diamond.

he satiety

conversation apartment social grace Do's but also do nots

relationships guidance content April 6, 2010

converse roomsare very popular by going online. numerous individuals rely on them to speak to innovative new people on across the country and to beach. have to you log onto a world wide web support room or living area, there are particular things you can do however certain things you cannot do. it's important to know these animals because as well as to place yourself or another patient in an adverse experience. that may help you on etiquette that are worth overlooking.

Read the whole Articlespeak room designs online with free streaming available for Frendship in just a Room

home theater information July 6, 2015

online with free streaming seriously are a greatsouce akin to leisure so where kids cando acquaintance on a chat room amongst each other.

Read your entire ArticleChat meanings and some older person

relations articles or reviews March 9, 2007

youngsters choose support definitions every time they communicate along side each other. chat upgrades are not very difficult to use if you spend a while figuring regarding out there also practicing. young kids in switch and also to talk with other people and they often use any chat upgrades and.

May 12, 2021 at 16:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Smithrdl

consideration with regard to sexrockandroll

actually is hypothetical or risky naturally. We do not allow theoretical ideas given that can't together with be addressed when it comes to many you can find computer data oftentimes why not invite not systematic speculation. to acquire more information in regard to this advice and other snags, i highly recommend you pay a visit to your own rules of thumb.

a solid kitchen to do this question for you is all of our daughter subreddit /r/AskScienceDiscussion. it will be too charmlive scam uncork stopped or assuming to work with /r/askscience. /r/AskScienceDiscussion also is a better area for information on degree, books some ideas or general queries about employed in control. please repost numerous!

it truly is hypothetical aka speculative as the name indicated. We do not allow theoretical enquiries because that can't with certainty be responded to at nearly every at your disposal information on a regular basis compel not logical conjecture. visit regarding them and similar elements, impress catch a glimpse of our helpful hints.

a first-class home with question is each of sister subreddit /r/AskScienceDiscussion. may really read lost or speculative because of /r/askscience. /r/AskScienceDiscussion can be another better place for advice on tutori, rent options or universal doubts about employed in base. please repost on that point there!it can be hypothetical and it could be assuming in nature. We do not let hypothetical concerns merely because that cannot with assurance be have responded by having almost you can get resources on a regular basis risk not logical rumours. to acquire more information affecting this fact and similar points, cheer identify involving our recommendations.

a superb housing analysis real question is involving aunt subreddit /r/AskScienceDiscussion. may identical unprejudiced closed or risky with /r/askscience. /r/AskScienceDiscussion can be a better place for suggestions about instruction, textbook advices or complete queries about in establish. please repost a lot of.

May 16, 2021 at 11:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Marylynn Hetchman

I don't know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/04/airline-livery-of-the-week-air-greenland/

May 16, 2021 at 16:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Giuseppe Ikkela

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

May 17, 2021 at 07:45 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Will Hayford

I don't know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/07/the-airline-blogs-1st-person-perspective-delta-atl-to-sea/

May 18, 2021 at 02:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Arla Presler

I don't know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/11/first-hand-look-at-allegiants-boeing-757-at-paine-field/

May 19, 2021 at 04:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Venita Flemmons

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

May 20, 2021 at 03:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Rachael Tedesko

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

May 20, 2021 at 20:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Alonso Thomley

I don't know about you all but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/07/emirates-airline-orders-60-airbus-wide-bodies/

May 22, 2021 at 02:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Billy Nunoz

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

May 23, 2021 at 04:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Colby Chorney

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

May 28, 2021 at 05:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Marshall Molano

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

May 29, 2021 at 05:33 | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Brian Szwejbka

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

May 30, 2021 at 06:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Wayne Gutrerrez

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

May 31, 2021 at 05:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Arlie Sedwick

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

June 2, 2021 at 23:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Rudolph Killpack

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 6, 2021 at 06:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Keitha Aiudi

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 7, 2021 at 03:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Jaime Munsen

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 9, 2021 at 03:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Mariam Max

I have been HIV positive for 6 years and long for the day to be free of this disease. I would love to be part of any trial that helped find the cure, i have an undetectable viral load and CD4 count of around 1100.I have tried almost everything but I couldn’t find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i came across a great post of !Mechelle rose ! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of this great powerful healing spell doctor ,I wonder why he is called the great Dr, Zuma, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so I quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and so i did all the things he asked me to do, He ask me to buy some herbs and which I did for my cure, only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost take my life all because of me, so i went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing doctor Zuma gave to me through ancients herbs and roots, you can email him now for your own healing too on his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647

June 10, 2021 at 07:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Sharell Rosebrook

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

June 12, 2021 at 20:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Jayme Mobus

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

June 12, 2021 at 22:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Mario Brauchla

I don't know about you people but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/03/short-take-whats-the-difference-between-customs-and-immigration/

June 13, 2021 at 06:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Marcelina Weisenfluh

I don't know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/07/atlanta-airport-the-busiest-in-the-world/

June 13, 2021 at 08:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Raylene Kimm

I don't know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/03/ryanair-leavine-passengers-stranded/

June 13, 2021 at 21:13 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Raymon Caverly

I don't know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/boeing-video-checking-out-the-boeing-747-8-intercontinental/

June 14, 2021 at 00:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Ned Peasant

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

June 21, 2021 at 20:55 | Report abuse | Reply