home
RSS
Finally for me, something clicked
February 11th, 2012

Finally for me, something clicked

Editor's Note: Glenn Keller from Burleson, Texas is one of seven CNN viewers selected to be a part of the Fit Nation Triathlon Challenge program.  Each athlete receives all the tools necessary to train for and compete in the Nautica Malibu Triathlon this September, alongside Dr. Sanjay Gupta.  The seven athletes met up this past weekend in Atlanta for the official kickoff of the program.

What clicked? That’s the question I have had to ask myself. What clicked to cause me to realize the importance of my personal health? What clicked to make me stop ignoring my most prized possession: me!

Every 3,000 miles, cars have to get an oil change and service. Every 15,000 miles, the same for my truck. When either starts to make a noise or runs funny, off to the shop they go. Every two weeks I have to make sure the lawn gets mowed. It’s hard to believe everything gets maintained except for me.

It’s not like 300 pounds snuck up on me. I saw it coming every time I stood in the mirror to brush my teeth and to shave. I saw it when clothes that once fit nicely begin to get to tight. I saw it when my waist went from a 32 to a 54. I saw it when climbing stairs became increasingly difficult and when I would be out of breath even on short walks from the parking lot to the front door of a store. But it never clicked. It didn’t seem to matter what I was doing to my health.

But then, something clicked. I know now that I can't continue down the path of unhealthy living and eating. I mean it!

I knew I meant it when we hiked Stone Mountain last Friday. During the ride to Stone Mountain, my leg was hurting so badly I could have cried. However, I was determined to make it to the top despite the pain. I fell behind the group, but April, one of the coaches, stayed with me every step of the way.

There were several times I could have turned around, but that was not part of the plan. I was maybe 100 feet from the top and hurting like you can’t even imagine. At that moment an elderly lady came up from behind me out of nowhere and said, “We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.” In that moment, something clicked, and I yelled "Philippians 4:13," that I was the head and not the tail, and that I was more than I conquer through Him that loves us.

I knew then that my victory was on the other side of my pain, but only if I didn’t let the pain stop me. It was moments later when I reached the top to the cheers of my teammates.

That day has made me think about the pains of life. Divorce, loss of a loved one, loss of a job, foreclosure or eviction can all be painful, but if we don’t let the pain stop us, we can find victory, peace, love and joy on the other side.

Thank God, it finally clicked!

1. Toya Sandusky

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

June 15, 2021 at 09:19 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. pharmacepticacom

erectile discussion https://www.pharmaceptica.com/

June 21, 2021 at 02:18 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Reginald Hoffee

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

June 21, 2021 at 19:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Calvin Villacana

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

June 21, 2021 at 22:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Chung Organista

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

June 21, 2021 at 22:48 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. 먹튀사이트

753062 836198Some truly good and valuable info on this website, likewise I conceive the style holds superb capabilities. 754009

June 23, 2021 at 00:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. pharmacepticacom

heart rate watch walmart https://pharmaceptica.com/

June 25, 2021 at 12:59 | Report abuse | Reply