home
RSS
Plavix warning may not be necessary
December 27th, 2011

Plavix warning may not be necessary

The popular blood-thinner Plavix is a safe and effective medication for patients, including those deemed to be "poor metabolizers" of the drug, says an analysis released today in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

The findings contradict the 2010 boxed warning that the Food and Drug Administration mandated be placed on the drug's label.

If you're one of the approximately 40 million people worldwide taking Plavix (known generically as clopidogrel), you're probably familiar with the warning. The label cautions that the drug has "diminished effectiveness in poor metabolizers", or patients with a certain genotype, known as CYP2C19, and thus may lead to an increase in cardiovascular events like heart disease, stroke, or bleeding. To help decide if Plavix is a good fit for patients, the label says genetic tests are available to identify people with the genotype in question.

Yet in the analysis published today, researchers looked at 32 individual studies, involving more than 42,000 patients, and concluded that Plavix works well in patients both with and without the genotype. They found no significant increase in cardiovascular events in patients with the genotype who took Plavix.

"The drug Plavix itself is not active, it has to be metabolized in order to become activated," explains Dr. Steven Nissen, with the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at The Cleveland Clinic. The liver enzyme CYP2C19 is what activates the drug.

"If you're a slow metabolizer theoretically you might not produce enough active drug to get the anti-coagulant effect of Plavix and that's why all of this from a theoretical point of view made sense but the problem is that theory is one thing but reality is another."

Dr. Nissen was not affiliated with the analysis but did write an editorial accompanying its publication. He believes that the FDA jumped the gun in mandating the boxed warning.

"FDA acted prematurely in putting a warning on the drug without the level of evidence that we would consider to be adequate for most standards," says Dr. Nissen.

"They were trying to do the right thing but if you look at it in the most rigorous fashion, it wasn't the right answer and it's now time to rethink it."

Dr. Eric J. Topol, the Chief Academic Officer of Scripps Health and a practicing cardiologist, disagrees with Dr. Nissen and the conclusion of the meta-analysis.

According to Dr. Topol, previous studies have found only that patients with stents would benefit from genetic testing to determine if Plavix is an appropriate drug. He believes the FDA's recommendation for certain patients to be tested for the genotype CYP2C19 remains valid.

"Patients who get stented should have the genotype test to see if they're going to respond," says Dr. Topol, who was also not affiliated with the analysis.

If patients with stents have the gene, and Plavix does not work effectively for them, "they're vulnerable to clotting their stent and if a person clots their stent, they'll either die or have a heart attack," says Dr. Topol.

"You don't want to be walking around with a stent and have this vulnerability."

In a written statement to CNN, a FDA spokesperson said the agency did not have a specific comment on the analysis.

"Generally, we do not provide comments on individual studies, reports or articles. Rather, the FDA collectively reviews the literature and takes such information into account as we discuss drug safety issues and make regulatory decisions."

So what does all this mean for patients? If you're concerned about taking Plavix, talk to your doctor to learn if genetic testing is a good option for you.

1. larry5

It's only safe if enough money has been paid into the system to get a favorable result. The approval process does not serve the public.

December 27, 2011 at 20:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Paul

I find it interesting that most folks that complain about the cost of drugs are those not taking any life enhancing medications. I take Plavix and it has provided me with approximately 8 years of angina free living. I also take methotrexate for RA and without it I would a near cripple. Sure drugs are expensive...but so is prolonged hospitalization.

December 27, 2011 at 21:27 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

What people object to is the cost to Americans. If you buy from Canada the cost is much less, as they are not permitted to gouge their citizens.

December 28, 2011 at 08:21 | Report abuse |
    • SAMBO

BETTER LIVING THRU PHARMACEUTICALS IS WHAT I ALWAYS SAY.(RPh)

December 28, 2011 at 15:00 | Report abuse |
    • Koren

I do agree with you, but, I also have insurance. I know that if my family didn't we would be living in a box. Beyond new found medical problems for myself, my son and I have Type 1 Diabetes. Without the coverage we would be paying over $2,500 a month just to be able to live. Atleast with insurance we can squeek by with paying only $260 a month for those meds. But like you said...cheaper than a hopital stay. Or burial costs.

December 29, 2011 at 08:58 | Report abuse |
  3. Jq Farma

I wonder how much they paid to have the medical association say it's "safe". I also wonder how come a drug to lower cholesterol ends up with side effects such as vision loss and possible death. lol

December 27, 2011 at 22:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Al Sorensen

Is it true Plavix is going generic in March 2012??

December 27, 2011 at 23:43 | Report abuse | Reply
    • tsauntd

Not March. Possibly after May 17, 2012, when the patent is currently set to expire.

December 28, 2011 at 06:38 | Report abuse |
    • annie

Plavex is already in the generic form in Canada.

December 29, 2011 at 23:37 | Report abuse |
  5. RobHJr

Whatever the trigger, Plavix nearly killed my father after he had a stent put in last year. Shortly after he started taking the medication he started bleeding internally. He remained in the hospital for 6 weeks, nearly died 3 times and had several transfusions done. The doctor refused to take him off Plavix saying it wasn't the problem, but, behold, 5 days after the Plavix was finally stopped, his internal bleeding stopped. He's been fine since. There was no official diagnosis for his 'complication'. Beware: some people do have these side-effects!

December 28, 2011 at 09:07 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fred

No doctor can legally force someone to take anything against their will. Patients have the right to refuse treatment. Next time "fire" the doctor. He almost killed your dad. This happened to my spouse and she also had pulmonary edema and gastro hemoraging on Plavix. Plavix removed, problem went away.

June 9, 2017 at 18:54 | Report abuse |
    • tom

If plavix removed, great. But what did doctor replace it with??

May 12, 2018 at 23:33 | Report abuse |
  6. Who paid them off?

Who do they think they are talking to? Most of us already know that the FDA is bought and paid for by various pharmaceutical companies. They pay to fudge results and bribe them to keep it secret. The FDA will test numerous expensive drug after drug but wont bother to test the purity of a vitamin that all humans need? Ok. We know why that is..

December 28, 2011 at 11:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. hamsta

The real drug dealers are the government the doctors and the pharmacists.thats who caused columbine.they where force feeding that kid zoloft an antidepressant used to treat adhd.the insanely long list of side effects begins with suicidal and homicidal behavior.adhd is an invented disease so they can medicate instead of discipline a child who misbehaves.these same people tell ur children in school that illicit drugs dont fix anything.maybe someone needs to tell them that my neither crackhead ex girlfriend nor my ex heroine addict roommate not even my meth head neighbor shot up a school.these drugs they force down ur childs throat is more dangerous than the absolute worst of the street drugs.take it from someone who is surrounded by drug addicts.

December 28, 2011 at 22:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. lowryjim@hotmail.com

In 2001 I had a massive MI (heart attack). My right artery was one hundred percent (100%) blocked and my left artery was ninety-five percent (95%) blocked.
    The Cardiologist at a major Clearwater, Florida was able to clear the blockage and implant a stent inside each artery.
    I was told at that time by the Cardiologist (at major hosp.) I would have to take aspirin (ASA) and Plavix 75 mg, for the rest of my life.
    The VA Medical Center has had me taking Plavix 75 mg and ASA, since joining their system sometime in 2002/03.

Then in approximately April or May of 2011, I was informed by my Primary Care Physician that I would no longer be receiving Plavix. I was not told why or given a chance to talk to a Cardiologist.

I informed her I was told by the Cardiologist, at the major Hospital, I was to remain on Plavix for the rest of my life. I informed her of this fact several times.

My Primary Care Physician requested a Consult with a VA Cardiologist. The Cardiologist requested her, to request that several tests be ran, before a VA Cardiologist provided a Consult.

The tests were ran and everything came back fairly normal for my conditions. The Consultation was then assigned to a Dr. at the VA Medical Clinic.

On July 05, 2011 I had a Heart Stress Test with Mycardial Perfusion Imaging performed. This test helps find blocked arteries to the heart muscle.

On July 06, 2011 an entry is made into my records where it shows I am Evaluated by Cardiology at the VA and advised I will be switched to Aspirin (ASA). Again, I informed my Primary Care Physician I was told by the Cardiologist, at major Hospital, I was to remain on Plavix for the rest of my life.

And How can I “be switched” to something I am Already taking? Is it possible someone did not throughly review my records?

On June 08, 2011 my last prescription of Plavix (Clopidogrel Bisulfate) 75 mg is filled for ninety (90) Tablets. Meaning after ninety days I will no longer be taking Plavix. This is the medicine I am to take for the rest of my life to Prevent Blood Clots.

As of September 08, 2011 I am no longer taking Plavix due to the VA Clinic declining to renew my prescriptions and saying I should be “switched to aspirin”. Again, how can a patient be switched to something they are already taking?

The only change to my medical condition between July, 2011 and November 25, 2011 has been the failure of the VA to renew my prescription of Plavix.

On November 25, 2011 I am admitted to Gulf Coast Medical Center for Acute Coronary Syndrome.

When I told the Dr., that the VA refused to renew my prescription of Plavix, he was aghast. And the Dr. made “Of Note” this discontinuation in his initial assessment.

During this initial assessment the Dr. recommended proceeding with cardiac catheterization and that I be taken urgently to the cardiac catheterization lab.

It was found that my right artery was one hundred percent (100%) blocked. An artery that according to the VA was fine just months prior. And had been fine for the past ten (10) years, until being removed from Plavix.

After clearing the clotted artery and three (3) stents were implanted, the Dr. provided a “PLAN”; whereby, I was loaded with six hundred (600) mg and stated I will continue Plavix 75 mg daily indefinitely and that I will also continue aspirin (ASA) 325 mg daily indefinitely.

It is said through many studies and reports, people who are treated with a stent, and stop taking Plavix, have a higher risk of getting a blood clot on the stent. In fact it is said “the Risk of Death or Heart Attack May Be Higher in 3 Months After Stopping Plavix”.
    Plavix is used alone or with aspirin to lower my chance of having another serious problem with my heart, such as a blood clot that can lead to death.
    Due to my family and medical history, stopping Plavix increased my risk, of having my artery clot and ;thereby, producing a heart attack or stroke.
    When the VA Dr. did not renew my prescription, I was never provided an opportunity to ask him any questions regarding his reasons behind his decision not to continue me on PLAVIX.
    So the questions remain;

1) Who issued the original Directive or Order to discontinue my Plavix prescription in the first place, bringing about the requested Consult. Why was a Directive or Order issued? And how many Veterans does it affect.

2) Why was I taken off of Plavix when my history showed I should remain on the medication, as there were also No adverse signs (such as blood in stool or other excess bleeding) indicating I should be removed from Plavix. And as most studies conclude, it is much better to keep taking the medicine to prevent a stent from clotting than to stop taking the medicine.

3) Is the VA, knowledgeable enough to fully understand the studies as they relate to Plavix and a patients history? Or could there be some form of financial motive, as in reducing cost.

4) Was the VA Dr., derelict in the performance of his duties? As it appears he did not take the time to fully review my medical history; otherwise, he would have know I was Already taking 325 mg of ASA, when he stated I be taken off of Plavix and “switched to ASA”. Has he done (or is doing) this to other Veterans?

5) I am taking Plavix for ten (10) plus years with NO problems, why take the chance and change. Why change something, that tests show is working? What is the old saying, If it isn’t broken Don’t fit it.

December 29, 2011 at 08:23 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Donna

Sir, I have been taking Plavix since 2005. I am wondering how you are doing today? Hope all is well now.

June 25, 2013 at 09:19 | Report abuse |
  9. hamsta

@lowryjim-those are the death panels that bill oreally glenn beck and rush limbaugh where talking about.u dont have the right to take those valuable resources from the welfare junkies even though u earned that right and they didnt.that is the health rationioning with their eyes open that obamas health czar was talking about.there is more than one definition of czar and they are starting to resemble the communist dictator version of that definition.maybe next time one of those peoplethat obama and his socialist elite like to call right wing extremists speak u might want to listen cuz they have a pretty good track record of being proven correct.thank u for ur time in the in the service.its people like u who fight for my freedom.i think its sad my government would take away ur right to live and give it to welare junkies and illegal immigrants.obama calls this redistribution of wealth.i call it special rights for moochers.

December 29, 2011 at 10:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. hamsta

my methhead neighbor died of a drug overdose.u know what killed him?aspirin.he had tmj.its some kind of problem with the jaw that causes pain and headaches.he was prescribed hydrocodone but nearly died of an overdose from that.so he switched to aspirin and died from an overdose from that..moral of the story-sometimes death is the only thing that will cure someones addiction.aspirin isnt addictive but can be just as deadly if u take to much.can be just as deadly.almost dieing cured his addiction and watching him die from something nonaddictive scared my roommate straight.he quit on his own cold turkey two years ago.something both of t them told me-the most addictive drugs are pharmasuedicals and tobacco.i believe them cuz they both beet addictions to numerous substances but none of us can quit cigarettes.thanks joe camel ur so cool.

December 29, 2011 at 11:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. MKULTRA BRAINCHIPMAN

MILLIONS TO BE ASSASSINATED FOR THE SAKE OF $$$ LIABILITIES(mk-ultra, chip implants, electroshocks etc. performed on them) AND NEW WORLD ORDER(multiculturalism = terrorism) POLITICAL AGENDA KNOWN AS "YOU ARE NEXT"(financial liabilities are 2 expensive for the government and it is cheaper to get read of you instead) !!! IF YOU WERE TREATED WITH ELECTROSHOCKS OR DRUGS USED FOR WIPING OUT MEMORY(numerous Americans and Europeans were and are) AFTER ENDURING FORCED CHIP IMPLANTS(or to simply retard individual), NOT THAT CHANCES ARE, BUT YOU ARE SCHEDULED AT 100% RATE AS GOOD TO GO NEXT !!!

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT UNITED STATES CONGRESS(USSR#2) IS SOOO BUSY WITH WHEN PLAYING(acting) IN FRONT OF CAMERAS WHERE CLOWNING(only) HOW SOMETHING HAVE TO BE DONE WHILE KNOWINGLY OMITTING AND IGNORING FACTS OF GENOCIDE AS SEEN ON THIS COMPLAIN !!!

LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UNITED NATIONS, AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL AS WELL AS NEW WORLD ORDER(MULTICULTURALISM = TERRORISM) GOVERNMENTS(Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) !!! NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS, BUT TO DENY YOUR RIGHT TO EXISTENCE !!!

ABDUCTIONS / BRAIN CHIP IMPLANTS / BLACKLISTING / FORCEFUL UNEMPLOYMENT / MK-ULTRA BRAINWASHING AGAINST WHITE(under "NAZI" lie) CIVILIAN POPULATION TODAY IN 2011/2012 ACROSS THE EUROPE AND NORTHERN AMERICA !!!

WHY TO ACCEPT LIABILITIES FOR CRIMES COMMITTED WHEN WE CAN SIMPLY ASSASSINATE OUR VICTIMS(YOU) THANKS TO HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS AND FREE PRESS/MEDIA(most severe censorship of genocide ever !!!)!!

This news is related to WHITES AREN’T WELCOME IN AMERICA ANY LONGER !!! OUT OF AMERICA WITH WHITES NOW !!!

OR
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BostjanAvsec <== OBAMA'S HEALTH CARE RECORDED LIVE IN 2009 !!! These are hard facts about lunatic Obama/Bush's twilight zone administrations(HORROR) or genocide against whites per ZIONIST Washington DC and in complete agreement with communist Moscow !!!

EXILING WHITES WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE AND IMPORTING NON WHITES IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS COMPLETELY FREE

December 29, 2011 at 14:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. RobertC

Why not just let the AMA and university research labs evaluate drugs and get rid of the FDA completely? It is a useless bureaucratic monster that costs American taxpayers billions of dollars and obstructs healthcare progress.

December 29, 2011 at 21:47 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. PS Overviews

Unquestionably believe that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be at the internet the easiest factor to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while folks consider worries that they plainly don't recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , folks could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

June 14, 2012 at 21:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. JemoLayeryrat

dieta protal, zwana również białkową, w ostatnim czasie przeżywa oryginalny boom. Co niemiara osób postanowiło poczęstować się jej, bo zachęciły je szybkie zaś spektakularne efekty, jakie uzyskali znajomi., gubiąc w krótkim czasie kilkanaście bądź kilkadziesiąt kilogramów. W tym samym okresie dieta proteinowa Dukana zyskała tak samo jak duże rada zagorzałych przeciwników, głównie między dietetyków, którzy ostrzegają, iż dieta proteinowa być może wyrządzić spustoszenie w organizmie.
    tlumacz online|upload plikow
    Dieta proteinowa Dukana, głównie w swoich pierwszych fazach, zakłada całkowite zaprzestanie jedzenia tłuszczów a cukrów, i oraz błonnika, jaki ma zbawienny waga na procesy trawienia. Tym samym wszystkim odchudzającym się na początku nader dają się we znaki zatwardzenia a zgaga. Pożywienie dużej ilości białek nie przeciwnie zawkasza twór, niemniej jednak zanadto obciąża nerki tudzież wątrobę, które muszą sobie udzielać rady ze zwiększoną ilością toksyn. Pożądane byłoby zanieść owo wszystko pod uwagę, gdyby chcemy skosztować, czym no tak jest dieta proteinowa Dukana.

September 29, 2012 at 02:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. polo ralph lauren hombre

Usted es un cliente de confianza¿Tienes lo que se necesita, por favor póngase en contacto con nosotros directamenteDirecta o visite nuestro sitio web Podemos darle un cupón (SAVE5EUR)
    polo ralph lauren hombre http://poloralphbarata.webnode.es/

August 14, 2015 at 11:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. comprar polos ralph lauren baratos

El precio de descuento durante todo el ano en nuestra tienda online camisetas de fútbol
    comprar polos ralph lauren baratos http://poloralphbarata.webnode.es/

August 28, 2015 at 10:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. comprar polo lacoste

comprar polo lacoste http://elpolobaratos.info/store

September 29, 2015 at 12:04 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. precio the north face

¡Descubra aquí todo el catálogo de productos de The North Face España y cómo comprar a buen precio!}
    precio the north face http://elcorteingls.info

October 5, 2015 at 10:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. chaquetas north face mujer

Vendemos al por mayor de Polo Ralph Lauren,que suppliy buena calidad de los productos de polo a precios de fábrica! una calurosa bienvenida en visitar nuestra página web
    chaquetas north face mujer http://tallerplanted.info/store/chaquetas-north-face-baratos/

December 10, 2015 at 06:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. north face baratos

todas las prendas The North Face: chaquetas, forros, calzado y equipación.|The North Face España.
    north face baratos http://tallerplanted.info/store/chaquetas-north-face-baratos/

December 18, 2015 at 19:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Louie Santoscoy

green tea extract

October 2, 2016 at 10:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Doria Tamatha

Honni soit qui mal y pense. https://www.cialis20.fr

December 6, 2019 at 05:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. WWW.XMC.PL Info

I'd be inclined to see eye to eye with you on this. Which is not something I typically do! I love reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

November 23, 2020 at 10:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Portal XMC

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

November 25, 2020 at 04:04 | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Tanzcu

Vietnemese womens museum

We noticed that you have an outdated browser. The TripAdvisor web property may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure cheapest experience on our web site:

Windows: internet explorer, Mozilla opera, search engines like google Chrome. mac computer: firefox.

Hanoi TourismHanoi HotelsBed and Breakfast HanoiHanoi Holiday RentalsHanoi Holiday PackagesFlights to HanoiHanoi RestaurantsHanoi AttractionsHanoi Travel ForumHanoi PhotosHanoi MapHanoi GuideAll Hanoi HotelsHanoi Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in HanoiBy Hotel TypeHanoi MotelsHanoi HostelsBusiness Hotels HanoiFamily Hotels HanoiRomantic Hotels in HanoiSpa Hotels in HanoiLuxury Hotels in HanoiCasinos in HanoiHanoi ResortsHanoi Beach HotelsBy Hotel Class5 stars Hotels in Hanoi4 stars Hotels in Hanoi3 stars Hotels in HanoiBy Hotel BrandCrowne Plaza Hotels in HanoiHilton Hotels in HanoiMelia Hotels in HanoiVBA Hospitality Group Hotels in HanoiInterContinental Hotels in HanoiManaged by AccorHotels in HanoiOYO Hotels in HanoiPopular AmenitiesHanoi Hotels with a PoolHanoi Hotels with ParkingPet Friendly Hotels in HanoiPopular Hanoi CategoriesBoutique Hotels HanoiAffordable Hotels in HanoiCity Centre Hotels in HanoiBackpacker Hostels HanoiQuiet Hotels in HanoiLuxury Spa Hotels HanoiHanoi Party HotelsHotels with kitchenette in HanoiHanoi Spa ResortsHotels with Infinity Pools in HanoiNear LandmarksHotels near Vietnamese Women MuseumHotels near Ho Chi Minh MausoleumHotels near Temple of Literature National UniversityHotels near Hoa Lo PrisonHotels near Vietnam Museum of EthnologyHotels near Presidential Palace Historical SiteHotels near Hanoi Transfer ServiceHotels near St. Joseph CathedralHotels near West LakeHotels near Vietnam army History MuseumNear AirportsHotels near (HAN) Noibai AirportNear CollegesHotels near Hanoi Open UniversityHotels near Hanoi Medical UniversityHotels near Hanoi University of Science and TechnologyHotels near National University of Civil EngineeringHotels near FPT UniversityAll Hanoi RestaurantsRestaurants near Vietnamese Women MuseumPopular DishesBest Catfish in HanoiBest Tilapia in HanoiBest Veggie Burger in HanoiBest Chicken Sandwich in HanoiBest Eggs Benedict in HanoiBest Crab Soup in HanoiBest Poke Bowls in HanoiBest Red Curry in HanoiBest Macarons in HanoiBest Macaroons in HanoiBest Waffles Crepes in HanoiBest Hot Pots in HanoiBest Hamburgers in HanoiBest Curry in HanoiBest Kabobs in HanoiAll things to do in HanoiThings To Do a few days ago in HanoiThings to do near Vietnamese Women MuseumMon Cheri CruisesVietnam Tour Co,LtdMotorbike City ToursAmazing Nature TravelOriental bridge travel Day ToursCerender Ceramic ShopDynasty Cruises HalongRental Cars HanoiAthena CruiseFour Palaces ShowAgence Vietnam DecouverteAsia Travel LeisureNinh Binh Trekking ToursEforea Boutique Salon and SpaTrang Tien PlazaMuseums in HanoiArt companies in HanoiArt Museums in HanoiChildren Museums in HanoiHistory Museums in HanoiMilitary Museums in HanoiNatural History Museums in HanoiScience Museums in HanoiObservatories Planetariums in HanoiSpeciality Museums in HanoiPopular Hanoi CategoriesTours in HanoiBoat Tours in HanoiKayaking Canoeing in HanoiWaterskiing Jetskiing in HanoiCoffee Tea Tours in HanoiBalloon Rides in HanoiBike Tours in HanoiFishing Charters Tours in HanoiNature Wildlife Tours in HanoiArchaeology Tours in HanoiHistorical Heritage Tours in HanoiLiterary, Art Music attractions in HanoiBar, Club Pub Tours in HanoiFashion Shows Tours in HanoiPhotography Tours in HanoiStand Up Paddleboarding in HanoiOutdoor Activities in HanoiBeaches in HanoiBiking Trails in HanoiHiking Trails in HanoiMotorcycle Trails in HanoiZoos in HanoiBoat Tours in HanoiEquipment Hire in HanoiKayaking Canoeing in HanoiWaterskiing Jetskiing in HanoiBalloon Rides in HanoiBike Tours in HanoiFishing Charters Tours in HanoiNature Wildlife Tours in HanoiSafaris in HanoiStand Up Paddleboarding in HanoiBoat Tours water sports in HanoiBoat Tours in Hanoiaquatic sports in HanoiBoat Hire in HanoiGondola Cruises in HanoiSpeed Boats Tours in HanoiKayaking Canoeing in HanoiParasailing Paragliding in HanoiRiver Rafting Tubing in HanoiScuba Snorkeling in HanoiSubmarine Tours in HanoiSurfing, Windsurfing Kitesurfing in HanoiWaterskiing Jetskiing in HanoiFishing Charters Tours in HanoiStand Up Paddleboarding in HanoiShopping in HanoiArt Galleries in HanoiAntique Stores in HanoiDepartment Stores in HanoiFactory Outlets in HanoiFlea Street Markets in HanoiShopping Malls in HanoiGift Speciality Shops in HanoiFashion Shows Tours in HanoiShopping Tours in HanoiFood Drink in HanoiBeer Tastings Tours in HanoiCoffee Tea Tours in HanoiCooking Classes in HanoiFood Tours in HanoiWine Tours Tastings in HanoiWine Bars in HanoiOther Food Drink in HanoiDistillery Tours in HanoiSpas Wellness in HanoiSpas in HanoiHealth/Fitness Clubs Gyms in HanoiOnsen Resorts in HanoiHammams Turkish Baths in HanoiRoman Baths in HanoiThermal Spas in HanoiYoga Pilates in Hanoishipping in HanoiMass travelling Systems in HanoiTaxis Shuttles in HanoiBus party transportation in HanoiRailways in HanoiDay Trips in HanoiClasses Workshops in HanoiSports Camps Clinics in HanoiLessons Workshops in HanoiCooking Classes in HanoiPaint Pottery Studios in HanoiNightlife in HanoiBars Clubs in HanoiBlues Clubs Bars in HanoiCigar Bars in HanoiCountry Western Bars in HanoiGay Clubs Bars in HanoiJazz Clubs Bars in HanoiKaraoke Bars in HanoiDance Clubs Discos in HanoiCoffee Shops in HanoiWine Bars in HanoiBar, Club Pub Tours in HanoiSights Landmarks in HanoiArchitectural Buildings in HanoiBattlefields in HanoiBridges in HanoiCivic Centres in HanoiSacred Religious Sites in HanoiEducational sites in HanoiHistoric Sites in HanoiHistoric Walking Areas in HanoiMonuments Statues in HanoiObservation Decks Towers in HanoiScenic Drives in HanoiScenic Walking Areas in HanoiArenas Stadiums in HanoiChurches Cathedrals in HanoiUniversities Schools in HanoiFun Games in HanoiPlaygrounds in HanoiMovie Theatres in HanoiCasinos in HanoiGame night-life Centres in HanoiBowling Alleys in HanoiSports Complexes in HanoiRoom Escape Games in HanoiScavenger Hunts in HanoiOther Fun Games in HanoiMini Golf in HanoiPaint Pottery Studios in HanoiNature Parks in HanoiPlaygrounds in HanoiBeaches in HanoiGardens in HanoiGeologic Formations in HanoiMountains in HanoiNational Parks in HanoiParks in HanoiBiking Trails in HanoiHiking Trails in HanoiMotorcycle Trails in HanoiOff Road ATV Trails in HanoiAquariums in HanoiZoos in HanoiBodies of Water in HanoiConcerts Shows in HanoiBlues Clubs Bars in HanoiCountry Western Bars in HanoiJazz Clubs Bars in HanoiPerformances in HanoiTheatres in HanoiTraveller Resources in HanoiConference Convention Centres in HanoiLibraries in HanoiVisitor Centres in HanoiCommonly Searched For in HanoiAdventurousHidden GemsGood vietnamese girls for Adrenaline SeekersFree EntryHoneymoon spotGood for a Rainy DayGood for KidsGood for Big GroupsBudget friendlyGood for CouplesTravel GuidesAppsCruisesGreenLeaders

Reviewed 30 October 2014 Worth seeking out

Unfortunately it's not listed in most of the guide books. I can't imagine why decades. I found it on Trip Advisor and was directed there by my Hanoikids guide. jane (My article) Said it is really not in the books, subjects I checked I found she was correct. The exhibits are top notch and the size is substantive while not being over-bearing. produced by another culture, I found the internet to be eye opening both historically and culturally. I was surprised with Hoa Lo Prison had half centered on the women prisoners. After visiting the Women's Museum I was able to have a full knowledge of how significant a role women have played in all parts of life in Vietnam for a very long time. It was one of my personal favorite experiences in Hanoi.

Date of experience: October 2014Reviewed 30 October 2014 Feminism and consequently communism. Two good to recognise about! (Depending on your standpoint)

Great to see the praise and fame of women in society! Each floor was different in content and very fresh new. It was not all we expected as we were expecting more of a an increased exposure of historic figures. However it was more of a timeline of womens roles in everything between the war, To child rearing and married. It was a great cultural insight into the way world traditions are carried out. there was clearly also a heroic tribute to female revolutionaries!

Date of expertise: november 2014

Reviewed 28 October 2014 via mobile Great Insight Into a man or woman

This museum is a lot bigger than you might expect and you could spend an entire day here if you wanted to read every display in detail. The museum provides a great insight into the lives of Vietnamese women in their lives and throughout history. The highlight of the museum for me were the video displays into the lives of the women selling fruit/flowers etc on the side of the street. You see a lot of propaganda in Vietnam but the stories on the market women seems quite genuine leaving a very poignant feeling lingering. The video of the wedding celebrations was another highlight. I was both suprised and glad to see a video in a museum showing people drinking beers, bringing shots, And stumbling around in front of the camera.

November 27, 2020 at 03:53 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. XMC Polska

Nie chce pod koniec zycia stwierdzic, ze przezylam tylko jego dlugosc. Chce przezyc tez pelna jego szerokosc. – Diane Ackerman

November 27, 2020 at 08:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Portal

By aktorka odniosla sukces, powinna miec twarz Wenus, umysl Minewry, wdziek Terpsychory, pamiec wzietego prawnika oraz sklre z gaznika. E. Barrymore UMS*

November 29, 2020 at 01:48 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. WWW.XMC.pl

Zycie zaczyna sie tam, gdzie kończy sie lek. – Osho

November 29, 2020 at 18:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. original site electrician san diego

Very efficiently written story. It will be supportive to everyone who utilizes it, as well as myself. Keep up the good work – i will definitely read more posts.

December 3, 2020 at 08:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. detectives privados castilla de la mancha

detectives privados las rozas

December 10, 2020 at 08:20 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. detectives privados villaciosa de odon

detectives privados sitges

December 11, 2020 at 20:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Pianino.XMC.pl

Nie otrzymujemy krltkiego zycia, lecz je takim czynimy. Nie brakuje nam czasu, lecz trwonimy go. – Seneka

December 15, 2020 at 15:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. bitcoin to paypal

Transfer from bitcoin to paypal very fast and low cost.

December 15, 2020 at 19:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Petronila Fortson

I do not even know the way I stopped up right here, however I thought this put up was good. I don’t understand who you’re but certainly you are going to a famous blogger when you are not already Cheers!

December 20, 2020 at 15:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. MiRecygutt

community acquired pneumonia hospital acquired pneumonia environmental health examples , community project synonym. friends and strangers, community bonding synonym positive words for n?
    community definition tax http://ow.ly/z3Om30rpRfa# , community bridges scottsdale planning process fema? positive feedback define community college kansas city mo, positive quotes during covid community definition and example.
    positive words of encouragement, community loans of america zoominfo positive quotes good morning malcolm ratchford community action council.

December 23, 2020 at 19:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. make money online today

Earn 100 commissions of up to 900+ dollars DAILY. 90 Second Set Up- 100 Newbie Friendly – Fully Hosted "MonsterMode PRO Funnel" Included FREE – Fully Scalable $10K+ Per Month Income Potential More details: Click the link in profile

December 26, 2020 at 09:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. EAgish

community cast quiz: positive zen words, community first credit union eaton road. Related data: community bank definition, community action partnership trenton mo, community first credit union fl, community man synonym, the community bank near me positive reinforcement real life examples. community action agency iowa positive quotes calligraphy Meilleur prix Provera generique. OГ№ acheter Medroxyprogesterone 10 mg?#, community first credit union rates communityamerica times meilleur prix Retino-A cream# positive correlation in math. culture quizlet environments children's furniture, community action agency's vita program, community first credit union edgewood avenue west jacksonville fl, planning process bba.
    culture project , planning process of management community bible church waterford ca positive correlation graph equation.

December 27, 2020 at 21:23 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Web Technology

I was not sure about which website to confirm and then I saw your blog and it really proved to be helpful to me. The content is great and easy to apply. Please post some more topics related to it.

December 31, 2020 at 12:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. AJAX INfo

I am continually searching online for articles that can help me. Thx!

December 31, 2020 at 19:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Web Design

Hmmm, that was weird, my comment got eaten. Anyway I wanted to say that it's nice to know that someone else also mentioned this as I had trouble finding the same info elsewhere.

January 1, 2021 at 18:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Webmaster.m106.com

Its best to participate in a contest for probably the greatest blogs on the web. Ill suggest this website!

January 2, 2021 at 00:20 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. WebSites Center

Point received and well taken, when I disagree its not a reason to argue. No problem at all.

January 3, 2021 at 01:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Web Technology

Interesting approach towards this. Wondering what you think of its implication on society as a whole though? Sometimes people get a little upset with global expansion. Ill be around soon to check out your response.

January 5, 2021 at 16:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Domaining

Boa noite turma, provavelmente disparar um torpedo web gratuito está cada vez mais difícil devido a restrição das operadoras de telefone. Há ainda serviços de terceiros (sites) que prometem entregar meu SMS mas quase nunca chegam ao usuário final. Alguns como o Mundo oi e o Oi Torpedo funcionam mas e para as outras operadoras? E os que prometem que enviam e nada chega. Para onde está indo as meus SMS? E para a Tim, Vivo? Alguma Idéia? Ou significa ter de desembolsar?. É só um desabafo, realmente está difícil achar bons sites para enviar SMS de graça.

January 6, 2021 at 00:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Wm Coolbrith

I am so happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

January 6, 2021 at 21:20 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. WEB

Hello :-), quite wonderful weblog. Finally any person offers helpful details.

January 7, 2021 at 13:45 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. slots bonus

Best view i have ever seen !

January 10, 2021 at 14:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Gerry Skates

January 11, 2021 at 01:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Geraldo Westby

I was privileged to acquire a contact through my friend as he discovered quite tips discussed on the website. Experiencing your blog article is indeed a fantastic encounter. Appreciate thinking about viewers much like me, and that i desire to have you the greatest associated with good results being a expert surface.

January 11, 2021 at 21:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  50. 후불출장

These are genuinely impressive ideas in about blogging.
    You have touched some good factors here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

January 13, 2021 at 16:49 | Report abuse | Reply