home
RSS
September 25th, 2011

Sunday: After drama, Nyad resumes swim

Sunday update: After nighttime drama, Diana Nyad is still swimming Sunday morning.

She came out of the water just before 10 p.m. Saturday,  to receive medical treatment for more stings, this time to her face and eyes. She resumed the swim a couple of hours later, at the spot where she came out, her handlers reported.

Because of that, the International Swim Federation official accompanying Nyad told the team, if she completes the swim, it will be still be a  record, but  for a "staged" swim, meaning just as it sounds, it took place in stages rather than one uninterrupted effo

CNN journalists headed out from Key West, Florida, on Sunday morning and expect to reach Nyad around midday. Follow @MattCNN, And come back to CNN.com for updates.

We told the story of Diana Nyad's milestone August swim  in an  hourlong documentary, Diana Nyad: Xtreme Dream.

On that attempt she was pulled from the water after 29 hours. She began this swim just after 6 p.m. Friday in Havana, Cuba.

Follow @DianaNyad on Twitter. Her team is blogging at DianaNyad.com

Next entry »
  1. LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE

WELL GUESS SHE GAVE IT HER BEST SHOT WE SHOULD ALL CONGRADULATE HER

September 25, 2011 at 20:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Alejandra Garcia

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WE WISH THE BEST FROM MS.TORRES CLASS FROM SUMMEROUR MIDDLE SCHOOL 🙂

August 24, 2012 at 13:33 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. ha5kqXCir

437693 966187When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get four emails with exactly the same comment. Is there any manner you possibly can take away me from that service? Thanks! 608373

January 16, 2021 at 19:48 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Enriqueta Dehl

January 24, 2021 at 15:50 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. YesBet88

best i have ever seen !

January 30, 2021 at 14:34 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. ClarkTauts

w3nxb crdui 9agg

February 28, 2021 at 13:33 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Altamonte Springs roofer

695959 502310I dont agree with this specific post. However, I did researched in Google and Ive located out that you are correct and I had been thinking inside the incorrect way. Continue producing quality material related to this. 489850

March 13, 2021 at 13:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Rocky Mount Concrete Contractor

122345 102405so a lot wonderful info on here, : D. 279914

March 13, 2021 at 18:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. sex machineswomen thrusting automatic attachments

325881 656347You should take part in a contest for among the most effective blogs on the internet. I will suggest this internet website! 624594

March 31, 2021 at 20:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. White House Market

52701 159675if this post was likened to a flavor of yogurt, what flavor would it be? Banana, I think. 82945

May 2, 2021 at 07:51 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Son Biernacki

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You're wonderful! Thanks!

May 12, 2021 at 04:00 | Report abuse | Reply