home
RSS
Diana Nyad begins new attempt at swim record
September 22nd, 2011

Diana Nyad begins new attempt at swim record

Endurance swimmer Diana Nyad hugged friends and waved at admirers at Havana’s Hemingway Marina before she jumped in the water at 6:04 p.m., hoping her third attempt to swim to Florida would end in success.

“I think at the age of 62 I honestly believe I'm in the best shape of my whole life, not just of the last two years,” she told reporters.

She expects the 100-plus mile swim to take close to 60 hours. That would put her into Florida sometime Monday.

Follow Diana on Twitter

Nyad attempted this swim in early August and had to be pulled from the water after some 60 miles, and almost 29 hours of swimming. She blamed a shoulder injury she suffered early in the journey, and an 11-hour-long asthma attack. Nyad says she believes the asthma attack followed an allergic reaction to pain medication she took for the shoulder injury.

But Friday, Nyad said she was confident the issues have been resolved, and she has what it takes.

“The asthma took me down, but ironically enough, that 29-hour swim was like a very, very expensive training swim,” she said.

This time, her 30-person team has injections for asthma just in case.

Nyad was subdued but determined as she greased up ahead of the swim.

“Not that I was ever cocky, but having been through this now and been so deeply and emotionally disappointed, I don’t want to take anything for granted,” she said.

Watch CNN documentary: Diana Nyad's Xtreme Dream

In an interview several weeks after the August attempt, she told CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta she was still strong, and was not ruling out another attempt.

In her own words: Diana's journey

"I am capable of swimming from Cuba to Florida, and I will give it up, if I just can't make it," she said, "but I didn’t prove that to myself in this particular swim."

To attempt this swim again, Nyad said she would need good weather, calm waves and warm water, though she was willing to swim in slightly less optimal conditions than she once thought she needed.

"I used to have almost a paranoia of waiting for the (ocean) surface to be (completely) flat," she told Gupta. "(During the August attempt) we were out in some slappy waves, and it wasn’t fun, and you can’t glide across the surface, but I can make it."

Nyad’s tenacity has inspired many, but on Friday she said no matter what the outcome this time, she doesn’t think there will be a fourth attempt.

Follow CNNHealth on Twitter

1. SDFGSDFG

HOW WE USE THIS PSIQUIATRIC METHOD TO DENOUNCE, CNN?.

OFFER BRAIN IN SALE.

WHY WE HAVE BRAIN IN SALE IN SUPER MARKET.

HAS A LAND TO WROW HUMANS.

MILLIONS OF BRAINS IN SUPER MARKETS.

HOW TO FASTES GROW, IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!.

WITH NANO TECNOLOGY.

HOW MANY TIME IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH.

DO YOU WANTO TO EAT IT.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR BRAIN?.

INVENTION WITH NANO COPUTER IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH.

WE WRITE IN THE CNN PAGE AND OTHER HUMAN RACE CASE ARE DOING DENOUNCES?.

WHY DOES EXIST THIS VIOLATIONS.

SATELITAL SURVILLANCE MENTAL TORTURE ELECTRONIC HARASSMENT.
    ORGS HUMAN RACE STUDIES AND AGENCYES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MONSANTO!!!!!!! –– ARE TRYNG TO DAMAGE DNA OF THE VICTMS, IRRADIATING TO PRODUCE CANCER ALZEIMER.
    SATELITAL ASESSINATIOSN IN VENEZUELA, HUMAN SELL NANO TRANSMISOR SELL MILLIONS OF CALCULUS PER SECOND.

MANIPULATION WITH NANO TECHNOLOGY NANO COMPUTERS WITH IPs.

hhtp://www.mudpgi.blog.com
    SATELITAL ASESSINATIOSN IN VENEZUELA, HUMAN SELL NANO TRANSMISOR SELL MILLIONS OF CALCULS PER SECOND.

August 18, 2013 at 10:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. SDFGSDFGDFGHDFGH

WHY WE USE THIS PSIQUIATRIC METHOD TO DENOUNCE, CNN?.

OFFER BRAIN IN SALE.

WHY WE HAVE BRAIN IN SALE IN SUPER MARKET.

HAS A LAND TO WROW HUMANS.

MILLIONS OF BRAINS IN SUPER MARKETS.

HOW TO FASTES GROW, IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!.

WITH NANO TECNOLOGY.

HOW MANY TIME IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH.

DO YOU WANTO TO EAT IT.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR BRAIN?.

INVENTION WITH NANO COPUTER IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH.

WE WRITE IN THE CNN PAGE AND OTHER HUMAN RACE CASE ARE DOING DENOUNCES?.

WHY DOES EXIST THIS VIOLATIONS.

SATELITAL SURVILLANCE MENTAL TORTURE ELECTRONIC HARASSMENT.

MANIPULATION WITH NANO TECHNOLOGY NANO COMPUTERS WITH IPs.

hhtp://www.mudpgi.blog.com

August 18, 2013 at 10:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. FFG45345

MENTAL TORTURE IF YOU WERE IN A MICROWAVE.
    12 HRS A DAY.
    WHY WE USE THIS PSIQUIATRIC METHOD TO DENOUNCE, CNN?.

OFFER BRAIN IN SALE.

WHY WE HAVE BRAIN IN SALE IN SUPER MARKET.

HAS A LAND TO WROW HUMANS.

MILLIONS OF BRAINS IN SUPER MARKETS.

HOW TO FASTES GROW, IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!.

WITH NANO TECNOLOGY.

HOW MANY TIME IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH.

DO YOU WANTO TO EAT IT.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR BRAIN?.

INVENTION WITH NANO COPUTER IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH.

WE WRITE IN THE CNN PAGE AND OTHER HUMAN RACE CASE ARE DOING DENOUNCES?.

WHY DOES EXIST THIS VIOLATIONS.

SATELITAL SURVILLANCE MENTAL TORTURE ELECTRONIC HARASSMENT.

August 19, 2013 at 12:32 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Romona Eckley

fort worth

July 24, 2016 at 23:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Peterspc56245afsdfsaf5621

how to handle children and kids

BlogsCelebrating LifeComto haveting WordsSincere CondolencesTools strenuous the heck TimesWidow, just about BlogsQ. my hubby perished over a year ago, but also there are now in order to date. I obtain other people questioning the right way my evolved youthful children are inclined to take action easily in fact contend to any individual and wish to get married to for a second time. major plausible snags, in addition exactly what do I do today to undeterred the path?your new the human race is almost certainly welcome generally in most ways I am aware of by myself. regardless, transition is hard and simply budgeting, over emotional, And other issues can easily will develop in about every of situation. makeup implement vary if perhaps anyone joins your family range. as a minimum (particularly he has children of his personal), variations may have to be made that is related to charmingdate where to enjoy thanksgiving.older babies will also stress about how definitely attack your ultimate love together. do you want have less time for your grandbabies,personal young children probably will feel very storage people. perhaps pop was a basic, clever homebody. it can be a shock in case you are serious about an exuberant trick teller, Who has introduced you slopes bicycles. there is nature clashes.in these instances, be prepared for some pushback totally from older kids, utters Newman. my friend as well indicates before empting the family and after that reasoning, "recognize doing this will not easy, and i am keen on wedding ceremony. How are you feeling about it, in the beginning, You can alleviate the recent guy into the situation and watch your ex to independently, without having having your offspring. you too can contact them over her or his talents how all right he attends to you as well as fantastic he's. as long as boys and girls powerfully angst tiger, They may not be able to accept an additional human being going on ones father's location. You can tell, "you won't like a variety of aspects of this man's charm, mainly, but for me, he's got every bit pluses,As a dad or mum, you'll be able to split about wanting to purchase a new boyfriend that has him accept you, having said that confirm remember them. in that case, understand it, "He are unable to ditch one's own papa. really a new person and different, Take a firm endure, tells me Newman. "toddler injury romantic relationship between you and children, But make sure that you want to keep life forward movement.

December 14, 2020 at 21:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. zortilonrel

Thanx for the effort, keep up the good work Great work, I am going to start a small Blog Engine course work using your site I hope you enjoy blogging with the popular BlogEngine.net.Thethoughts you express are really awesome. Hope you will right some more posts.

January 4, 2021 at 23:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Karren Senti

Thanks for helping me to attain new strategies about pcs. I also possess the belief that certain of the best ways to help keep your laptop in perfect condition is to use a hard plastic material case, and also shell, which fits over the top of your computer. These kind of protective gear are generally model precise since they are manufactured to fit perfectly over the natural casing. You can buy them directly from the vendor, or via third party sources if they are readily available for your laptop computer, however not every laptop can have a cover on the market. All over again, thanks for your guidelines.

January 7, 2021 at 16:51 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Colette Cerce

Hello. excellent job. I did not anticipate this. This is a great story. Thanks!

January 15, 2021 at 18:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. frolep rotrem

Very well written story. It will be supportive to everyone who utilizes it, as well as yours truly :). Keep up the good work – for sure i will check out more posts.

February 6, 2021 at 19:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. http://www.fokuszpalyazat.hu/kezdolap/akar-60-millios-tamogatas-vallalkozasok-fejlesztesere

I?¦ve recently started a site, the info you offer on this web site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

February 9, 2021 at 03:54 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Cardiff House Clearance

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting fed up of WordPress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

February 9, 2021 at 07:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. pc repair

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. All the best

February 21, 2021 at 05:47 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. ClarkTauts

rp9sa b14ui bnzn

February 28, 2021 at 20:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. zortilo nrel

Good ?V I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task..

March 21, 2021 at 17:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. storno brzinol

hi!,I really like your writing very so much! share we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your post on AOL? I require a specialist in this house to resolve my problem. May be that's you! Taking a look forward to look you.

May 16, 2021 at 03:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. https://www.shinsen-mart.com

Best view i have ever seen !

June 6, 2021 at 07:54 | Report abuse | Reply