home
RSS
Leaving Hawaii positive, optimistic and determined
April 29th, 2011

Leaving Hawaii positive, optimistic and determined

Stasia Cirricione is one of six CNN viewers chosen to be a part of the 2011 Fit Nation Triathlon Challenge.

"Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time." (Unknown)

This quote summarizes my entire experience in Hawaii. There were many challenges along the way: Heat that I wasn't used to, wind while riding the legendary Queen K highway, a bike saddle that was less than comfortable, and new and frightening challenges like open water swimming in the ocean.

There were times when I'd have liked to have thrown in the towel, but I reminded myself how much stronger I am than when I started, how far I've come in such a short time and how many people are standing right behind me to see me across that finish line.

I've got an amazing support team, I've met so many wonderful people, I've been truly blessed with a once in a lifetime experience and I won't quit. I made it through painful workouts, I smiled through awesome workouts, I completed a mini tri right along side the rest of my 6-pack friends, and I put in all my chips, so to speak.

Coming back from Hawaii and from workouts that were seemingly too hard to accomplish has put many things in perspective and getting back into the pool and swimming was like a walk in the park, running was a breeze and cycling on my bike is a treat.

I'm back into the daily grind of workouts and I'm so grateful for the experience of seeing a beautiful island with so much triathlon history and training alongside some of the greats, Tim and Nicole DeBoom. I'm looking forward to pushing myself out of my comfort zone and being the best athlete I can be.

I am too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful and too determined to be defeated.

1. TriHardNina

Stasia, you are awesome!!! I'm so proud to be your team-mate–we have shared some amazing times already, and the best is yet to come!!! Happy training and I'll see you in August!!!

April 30, 2011 at 15:24 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Puglover

cool! I would like to try that one day

May 2, 2011 at 07:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Tony

Boston Man attempts Indoor Ironman Triathlon for Charity. Details here http://www.IronTony.com

May 6, 2011 at 09:51 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Audel

What\'s it take to become a sublime expodnuer of prose like yourself?

December 27, 2011 at 01:02 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. syaauwtoczy

cHGbuj amivtmyagipb

December 28, 2011 at 04:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. zortilonrel

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any methods to protect against hackers?

February 7, 2021 at 21:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. http://www.fokuszpalyazat.hu/kezdolap/akar-60-millios-tamogatas-vallalkozasok-fejlesztesere

I couldn’t resist commenting

February 9, 2021 at 05:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. zortilonrel

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in reality purchased me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If doable, as you turn out to be expertise, would you thoughts updating your blog with extra particulars? It is extremely useful for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog publish!

March 7, 2021 at 23:50 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. non-prescriptoin vardenafil

vardenafil prices https://vegavardenafil.com/ vilitra 60mg vardenafil

April 12, 2021 at 03:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. zithromax purchase

z pack indications https://zithromaxes.com/ zithromycin

April 12, 2021 at 16:40 | Report abuse | Reply