home
RSS
April 18th, 2011

What is this sudden weird, brown rash?

Every weekday, a CNNHealth expert doctor answers a viewer question. On Mondays, it's pediatrician Dr. Jennifer Shu.

Asked by Monique, Maryland

I have had a weird rash on my hands for about a week. It started out like blisters after I was outside one day but now is flat and brown. It does not hurt or itch but does seem to be getting a little lighter. I'm not on any medications and did not use any sunscreen or skin products that day. What could be causing this?
Expert answer

Thanks for your question! As the weather gets nicer and people spend more time in the sun, I hear this same story quite often. You may be experiencing what is called "phytophotodermatitis," or a reaction of the skin involving the sun and chemicals that can be found in items such as limes, lemons, parsnips, celery, parsley, figs, other plants and perfumes. A common scenario involves a person cutting or squeezing limes before going out to the pool or beach.

This type of skin rash can last for several weeks or even months but typically goes away on its own without any treatment. Sometimes the rash can be painful or feel like burning at first; oral nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines and corticosteroid creams may help. Oral steroids may be prescribed if the rash is severe. Washing the skin well and applying sunscreen before heading outdoors can prevent phytophotodermatitis from occurring.

Since your skin is already improving, it will most likely continue to do so without intervention. However, if you have any questions or new symptoms, be sure to contact your physician for further advice and treatment.

Good luck!

1. about

I have read so many articles concerning the blogger lovers however this paragraph is
    in fact a fastidious piece of writing, keep
    it up.

March 31, 2021 at 16:46 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Legxerciser

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

April 1, 2021 at 14:03 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. jokers casino

He losxt and who has regarding him offered that?
    He followed to do "Signs" and "The Village" with
    Meters. Good legend of William Wallace, this fiolm remains one particular oof my ie favorites.

Feel free to urf to my web-site; jokers casino

April 2, 2021 at 09:53 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. joker 123

I had undertaken a project that I'm beginning to feel was beyon individual resourcess to perform.
    I had asked a maate and colleague if I would organize a workshop the actual New England
    area he or she would develop. After many months of collecting information, There we were at the tme of choosing and investing a conference center.
    Next wouuld come thee advertising, invitations, mailings, registrations, and the like.

It happened many years ago inside the early stages of my new career, and
    I was beginning to feel when i was in over my head.
    I started too wish I had never started the project but
    wass afraid to say anything, because I didn'twant to
    let my friend down.

I learned an important lesson on that day from a gentle teacher.
    I aim to remember to live by iit – and yyes it still takes practice.
    Those who know me know we casll myself an "approval-seeking missile"- not too it'snecessarily a bad thing to want another's good opinion. But i am just able to notice if it is indeed my dominant motivation and to let
    my center guide my website. Sometimes I go ahead while project as the name indicated.
    I like to be liked after every bit of. And sometimes I stop and take a review of my grounds.
    Often there is a method to acknowledge and satisfy both my sales
    of appreciation as well as the call actually was to my inner knowledge.
    I have learned to in order to myself.

Michael are a wide flirt and will not mind developing a change of taste by cheating
    on his lovely and devoted wife, Meryl, if opportunity presents also.
    He not only ogles women for a distance, but tries
    to recognise if any of them is friendly. He hangs
    around women ignoring and hurtig Meryl.

Teachers, supervisors, colleagues, coaches, students, parents, children, and sisters aand brothers in faith, in church, have served in order
    to supply such rawness. It is possib a grain of sand that irritates an oyster and ventually produces a
    pearl. Which those persons and those experiences aan individual?Even iff irritatin individuals are nott intending your good, if end result of
    numerous is your growth, moving you to generate a a response for justice and growth,
    then be grateful. Have got blessed you beyond measure up.

Another idea to think about before venturing into online trading, usually know yourself.
    You simply have to know tthe type of person yoou would be.
    Then, yyou can find or create a trading system to satisfy your
    personality. It's like finding a mate. Exta compatible a person with your digestive system or mate, the simpler for which trrade or
    get along. Online trading takes more preparation annd decision making because an injdividual
    migt bbe virtually with your. This is one reason you probably should not buuy some automated trading online
    sytem off of the rack. Whether it doesn't fit tto your tradiing style, online trading will become your worse
    bad dream.

Go in overly aggressive and direct. Thhis is culturally-dependent, but
    in america most guys when they approach women tend to already bbe drunk and hony mainly because afraid
    to specific it. They confront the ladies with sleazy pick-up lines
    that are intended to express their sexual interest.
    If have to stay (relatively) sober, approach her with something intelligent
    such ass "Hey, I saw you the other side of area and I think you're fascinating. I want to discover out what you're like." you don'tensure tat it is look which includes only belief tat you're
    emailing her actuality that you in order
    to get laid, you go far.

Following basic dating tips will show you how
    to find the perfect person yoou are waiting for. Put in some effort and havve the relationship if you want it to last in size.

My homepae – joker 123

April 2, 2021 at 21:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. alprostadil 40mcg/cartridge inj system

muse injection https://alprostadildrugs.com/ what is alprostadil

April 4, 2021 at 18:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. vardenafil how to take

vardenafil tablets 20 mg https://vegavardenafil.com/ vardenafil 20mg india manufacturer

April 4, 2021 at 21:13 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. xemtuong net 2019

No sport stands a much better than football, end up being cast a spell among all, driver with everything.|So much of sports is played moving laterally, yet training method is ignored. More effortless the method to sell, the more sales occur. Our children and grandchildren will still think about the subject.|There are thousands of online autographs sites. This is could get faster for football. leave the parachutes for the paratroopers. Ultimataely the picks are what keeps him from being decent QB play.|Beer is optional, although recommended, but football shirts are certainly mandatory. The good news is that you just don't will have to spend this manner of dough. #2 is fairly easy to include.|In fact, I didn't have particular affinity with football itself. In this particular kind of sports, identifying where to put your bet is does not challenge. Instruct all visitors to wear their team's colors happily.|With a sandbag, you are literally wrestling the damn bag by rep two. Saying that you need to function hard and try to get stronger doesn't sell to the masses. You could select a solid color or reversible linen.|In fact, it the basic requirement for that professional also as amateur soccer the gamers. To begin to make football bets, you must put together some money. Each game likewise has a rule to adhere to.|Pop Warner Youth Football League offers probably mindful yourself . flag league in the particular. This bell sits in front of Bancroft Hall in Annapolis. Playing youth flag football reaps many benefits for experience ..|Football betting systems are certainly the best tool discovered that use. As a beginner, you should only bet heap that happen to be comfortable that has. Look for coordinating curtains to match the bedding.|There are many things additionally to those as listed above to choose gifts for football friends. The following films are a few of one of the most popular and highly regarded football movies of historical.|Is that the type of football they may play in future colonies? This number you "up" without becoming jittery or cranked out like Ephedrine used strive and do. However these gifts for him show minimal effort and thought.|Know when the announcers regarding a guy's "explosive action?" They're talking about starting high intensity. Are generally three basic a involving different designs, styles and patterns.|You can easily design a Navy football ring online and have it shipped straight away to the cadet at Baltimore. Hundreds of options within it are offered with online autographs stores.|Americans' love of football is cultural, additionally. This shows how much you aid the team in order to love. I will give you what I prefer in a forthcoming article.|Deadlifts the actual most underutilized speed exercise in everyone in your football training world. Purchase a broad storage bin and feel it together with footballs to your own son to play with.|Football coaching traits are helpful in providing a good resource children who are aiming for passion in football. These are those who tarnish the picture of the beautiful game. There's a large amount of life left for everyone at that age.|And you do not necessitate higher than 20 players or a football stadium or obtain the game in progress. May well key for building football speed and strength. Make a YouTube highlight video of your performance regarding the field.|But, very much like the positives there would be pitfalls associated too. There been recently much increment with your offspring going for that football matches. However key for building football speed and strength.|Get going, with implausible prospects of becoming well-known a world of football! Reading reviews written by other bettors may support you in finding a reliable handicapping company.|Various nations, clubs and schools compete in football matches to prove their expertise and establish their supremacy.

April 5, 2021 at 15:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. tadalis sx

tadalafil 30 mg https://elitadalafill.com/ order tadalafil

April 6, 2021 at 01:35 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. statepikemassager mystrikingly

Howdy! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

April 6, 2021 at 07:48 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. sildenafil 50mg buy

online sildenafil canada https://eunicesildenafilcitrate.com/ sildenafil 100 paypal

April 6, 2021 at 19:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Cheap Proxies Shop

Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Appreciate it

April 7, 2021 at 17:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Joker888 kiosk

I have fun with, lead to I discovered just what I used to be taking a look for.
    You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
    Bye

Also visit my page – Joker888 kiosk

April 8, 2021 at 18:11 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. watchmarquee com activate

Hello this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

April 8, 2021 at 19:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Joker123login

We're a group of volunteers and starting a brand
    new scheme in our community. Your site provided us
    with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable activity and our whole community might be thankful to you.

Also visit my web-site ... Joker123login

April 8, 2021 at 23:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. https://918kiss-m.com/

Greetings! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make
    your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when browsing from my
    iphone 4. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this
    issue. If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!

Look at my web site: joker888 apk download (https://918kiss-m.com/)

April 9, 2021 at 10:54 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Instant Proxies

Thanks for your useful article. Other thing is that mesothelioma cancer is generally caused by the breathing of fibres from mesothelioma, which is a very toxic material. It's commonly seen among employees in the structure industry who definitely have long exposure to asbestos. It's also caused by living in asbestos covered buildings for some time of time, Genetic makeup plays a crucial role, and some persons are more vulnerable to the risk compared to others.

April 9, 2021 at 13:44 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. vegas joker casino live chat

I think they may be able too eke in again as one woth the bottom seeds, it also will be tough.
    The special effects were nomionated for a VES accolade.

Are these claims the reaction serious drug mismanagement?

Feel free to surf to my web blog – vegas joker casino live chat

April 10, 2021 at 06:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. purchase vardenafil online

buy vardenafil over the counter online https://vegavardenafil.com/ vardenafil sublingual generic

April 11, 2021 at 17:56 | Report abuse | Reply