home
RSS
November 2nd, 2010

Changes coming to Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers in the United Kingdom has unveiled a new points system and American users can expect changes too.

Under the new U.K. program, the participants reportedly get "real living" points to treat themselves to occasional fast food treats or alcohol.  All fruits and most vegetables will carry zero points and dieters will be allowed 29 ProPoints, compared with the previous 18 points, according to the Grocer, a British news outlet that covers food, drink and the grocery retailing market.  The points have been rethought to consider protein, carbohydrate, fiber and fat content in the food, the industry website reported.

Weight Watchers in the U.K. "said it had decided to make the switch because 'science had moved on' and the previous style of calorie-counting had been proven inaccurate and 'outdated,'" the Grocer reported.  The British rethinking of the traditional point system will be called "ProPoints" launching in time for the new year, according to the Grocer.

Donna Fontana, a Weight Watchers spokeswoman, said  a new launch is planned in the United States, but the company is not ready to discuss it yet.The U.S. version will not be called ProPoints, Fontana said.

“As you can imagine, food is going to be different (for various countries),” she said.  “Our research is based on consumers based in the U.S.”

She declined to elaborate.

Weight Watchers assigns “points” to every food, based on its calories, fat and fiber. The points are on display in a  blue  logo on the packaging of  manufactured foods that partner with Weight Watchers. Dieters lose weight by limiting themselves to a specific number of total points consumed per day.

1. Jen

I think this is a good change for Weight Watchers. I have never done WW but have known many who have done so and their view on food wasn't the best. Just because you are on WW does not mean that you are eating healthy, and I think it is good that it will now be considering fat, protein, carbs, etc. and not be based solely on calories.

November 2, 2010 at 12:29 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ally

Actually, WW points formula includes much more than just calories. It looks like the changes are going to focus more on protein than they have before.

People can choose to eat junk all the time, but they wouldn't be following the program.

November 2, 2010 at 13:25 | Report abuse |
    • Deanna

Well if you know someone on ww and they are not eating healthy, Im sorry but they are not doing the plan correctly. they are all about healthy living and eating well. a good healthy balance and portion control. if you do the program the way you are supposed to you will lose weight and you will be healthier for those changes there is no way you cant be. and they also promote being active and moving more.

November 2, 2010 at 16:23 | Report abuse |
    • A. Goodwin

I would agree with Deanna on this. I have been on WW off and on for years – ever since they adopted the points system they have been doing something right as I have kept off my weight (previously 200 pounds) and 4 years after goal remaining a size 8. I think the reason why WW has become so successful is because they got away from telling you WHAT to eat, and basically tell you HOW to eat. I actually worry about those people on Nutrisystem (as my mother was on) who get sent these packaged foods. They loose a ton of weight, but never really get HOW to eat correctly. Since WW adopted the points system, their whole focus was on eating foods that were well rounded – high in fiber, low in fat, etc.

November 2, 2010 at 16:51 | Report abuse |
    • pat

WW has always used too much salt and sugar in their processed foods. And I think the WW desserts sold in markets are a bad influence on their members. You buy a bag of chocolate candy and are supposed to eat just one. Yeah, right. I must have belonged to WW 14 different times over the years and it has changed many times. Once you had to count ketchup and tomatoes – now most everything is okay. Weight Watcher meals at Applebee restaurants are not the most healthy foods – I had a WW salad that turned out to have 1300 grams of sodium. Calories are not the only things that need counting when you're talking healthy.

November 2, 2010 at 17:03 | Report abuse |
    • RogerBlatto

Does this mean a Big Mac is still 100 points or will this be reduced to a more attainable level?

November 2, 2010 at 17:10 | Report abuse |
    • Guest

WW worked wonders for me and it showed me how to eat healthy. It encourages you to eat lean meats, veggies, and the right amount of carbs. It also helps with portion control. As an American, I was over eating for my height and frame. BUT, I will say that you must exercise too and use the points you earn exercising so you don't under eat.

November 2, 2010 at 17:15 | Report abuse |
    • BILBO BOOMERBOTTOM

WW isn't based on just calories,but also fat and fiber.My wife has lost 30 pounds and our son 105 (so far)!!

November 2, 2010 at 17:19 | Report abuse |
    • Alex

Shoudn't it be eye opening, that their science hasn't been based on, well, science:

"Weight Watchers in the U.K. "said it had decided to make the switch because 'science had moved on' and the previous style of calorie-counting had been proven inaccurate and 'outdated,'"

It strongly appears to suggest that the science was never there. Nothing has changed in nutrition in the last 100 years. Their science has always been outdated and inaccurate, but they had no problem selling it to you before, and you will have no problem buying it again.

I can make you lose weight just by forcing you to eat square meals.

Truly sad that it takes you giving your fat pathetic dirty dollars to a massive company to get you to lose weight.

November 2, 2010 at 18:27 | Report abuse |
    • tabu19

Weight Watchers has NEVER been just about counting calories.

November 2, 2010 at 18:44 | Report abuse |
    • Donna

WW does not just count calories. It takes into account fat and fiber content of food when calculating points, so it encourages you to eat whole foods and avoid food with high fat or empty carbs. I find the current point system easy to follow and effective. I just hope the new one is as good.

November 2, 2010 at 19:42 | Report abuse |
    • Chubby Bill

@Alex: "I can make you lose weight just by forcing you to eat square meals."

Huh, how by waterboarding? Please define a "square meal" – and then whip up a breakfast, 7 lunches and 7 suppers that are all "square" – at WW you learn how to do that. You sound like one of those people who doesn't gain weight no matter what you eat, mazal tov! But stop dissing those of us who can't – and stop dissing WW who has helped many people!

November 2, 2010 at 20:15 | Report abuse |
    • Julie

Eating the WW brand "Smart Ones" is especially unhealthy as most of the products are made with partially-hydrogenated oils. I never choose Smart Ones microwave lunches or any of their desserts – all have partially-hydrogenated oils.

The UK does not have to worry about this as partially-hydrogenated oils is banned.

November 2, 2010 at 21:44 | Report abuse |
    • Janice

Weight Watchers was never "just calories", but total healthier lifestyle.

November 2, 2010 at 23:01 | Report abuse |
    • Daina

Without having ever been on a diet due to just being thin I consider the entire diet industry a scam; what other product rakes in billions every year with the mandatory caveat 'results not typical'? Would anyone buy a car, computer, television set ad infinitum brand if every ad stated 'results not typical'...a nice way of saying 'this product we are trying to sell you usually does not work but will you buy it anyway?'

November 2, 2010 at 23:36 | Report abuse |
    • Weight Watcher For Life

@ Alex – "Shoudn't [sic] it be eye opening, [sic] that their science hasn't been based on, well, science."

Weight Watchers has always had scientists and medical professionals on its staff doing research. The program is changed in accordance with information as it becomes available from these fine people's efforts. Changes to the program are always based on current science. The program has gotten easier and easier over the 20+ years that they helped me lose 40+ pounds and I have since been maintaining my weight. I've seen many people quit the program. When they regain some or all of what they lost, they come back to Weight Watchers and readily admit to having gone back to the way they used to behave before Weight Watchers. Therefore, it's no surprise that they gained back the weight. If one does not incorporate all aspects of the program, the fault does not belong to Weight Watchers. Some can lose on their own; most cannot. For the latter category of us, we are glad to have Weight Watchers in our corner.

November 3, 2010 at 00:32 | Report abuse |
    • Laura

SInce you havent been on the program you are showing you dont know how it works. I dont eat weight watchers foods. I have had success with the program and I dont think adding protein is the best way to go.

November 3, 2010 at 14:39 | Report abuse |
    • j

I wonder why they allow fruits as a free food – it has lots of sugar in it – diabetics are pushed towards protein and veggies but fruits are not as good for them.

November 3, 2010 at 15:16 | Report abuse |
    • laura

WW allows a good amount of room for error and some indulging (I am currently on WW and losing). I have never eaten healthier than now, lean proteins, whole grains, tons of fruits and veggies. Those who criticize ww obviously were not successful and now may be bitter about it. WW is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change, they offer those WW goodies, candies, frozen dinners, for those on the run who don't have time to cook every day. I was on WW and worked, used alot of lean cuisines, now I'm home with my kids and make all of my meals from scratch using fresh foods; WW is a realistic program that teaches balance and discipline; but also allows room for error. EX: my hubby brought home chocolate chunk cookies, I got weak and ate one, still lost wt that week.

November 3, 2010 at 16:20 | Report abuse |
    • Katri

Pat, you don't know what you are talking about. 1300 grams = 1,3 kg = 2,86 lbs. So if there's 1300 grams of sodium in a salad, who is the salad meant for, a stable of horses?

I think everyone should study physics, so they would know the metric system, which is the only system with sense.

November 3, 2010 at 18:15 | Report abuse |
    • Natural Food Finder

We've been saying counting calories doesn't work for a VERY LONG time: http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk/calorie-conundrum

Eat naturally produced seasonal food to feel healthy and look great!

November 4, 2010 at 14:07 | Report abuse |
    • Jane

I've done Weight Watchers, and with trying every diet there is – this one makes the most sense. http://www.suesueandsue.com This blog is inspiring and motivating – check it out.

November 5, 2010 at 09:28 | Report abuse |
  2. Pandora

Another misleading headline! The story informs us of changes going on in a foreign country, but will not say what will change in our own country. Another time draining article that promised news and did not deliver.

November 2, 2010 at 12:32 | Report abuse | Reply
    • PattiD68

CNN.com has readers all over the world. Just because the article focuses on changes taking place somewhere other than the US doesn't make the headline misleading.

November 2, 2010 at 13:09 | Report abuse |
    • navydoc

Did you even read the very first line???

November 2, 2010 at 17:03 | Report abuse |
    • guest

can you say persecution complex? sheesh.

November 2, 2010 at 17:09 | Report abuse |
    • Libbyg

I can tell you that we've been told in our WW meeting that the new plan will take effect the week beginning Nov 29th in the US. Not sure why CNN couldn't find out that fact for themselves.

November 2, 2010 at 18:17 | Report abuse |
    • Susan

I bet you can sneak and find out what the UK plan is and sneak and follow it in the U.S. Just sayin...

November 2, 2010 at 19:43 | Report abuse |
  3. Joe D

After years of being overweight, and trying numerous diets all of which failed, I joined WeightWatchers in March of this year. As of today, I am down 46.6 pounds and counting. I feel great and I have more energy which is important to me as my wife is due to give birth in six weeks. I love the changes that Weightwatchers has helped me make in my life and I would recommend the program to anyone that is serious about wanting to make a healthy lifestyle change. Joe, Minneapolis, MN

November 2, 2010 at 12:52 | Report abuse | Reply
    • brumbleb

Joe, I completely agree. I had lost about 50 pounds a few years ago and unfortunately put it back on. If a person is not eating healthy on the current system, that is their own fault. It is still a matter of eating a variety of foods (vegetables, fruits, grain, protein, etc). If a person eats only junk food to use up their daily points, of course they are not going to be eating healthy...and probably not successful.

I rejoined almost 2 months ago and am down about 17 pounds. Slow and steady. A person has to be in the right mind-set and ready to make the change. Kudos to you, Joe! 🙂

November 2, 2010 at 16:11 | Report abuse |
    • Deanna

Great Job!!! and keep it up, you willreach your goal with ww and they are the best plan around. I joined in Feb and have lost over 50 lbs and still going strong and now love to workout and crave healthy food. whatever the changes are i will embrace them and learn them. the people at ww know what they are doing and so many people have lost weight and kept if off with them.

November 2, 2010 at 16:26 | Report abuse |
    • Liz

I joined WW online in July 2009. I'm down almost 70lbs. The system as it is now works. I will be interested to see what changes they make to a system that already works and does help people make better lifestyle and food choice changes. Atkins works too but who can do/maintain Atkins when they're 60?

November 2, 2010 at 16:46 | Report abuse |
    • Ken

I totally agree Joe. I started WW just over a year ago and I have lost 107 pounds and am currently at my goal weight. I believe that WW is the best plan out there because it promotes not just dieting but, a total lifestyle change. You have to be ready in your heart to make the change. Until that happens all the diets in the world are only temporary fixes to your problem. Nice job Joe...keep up the good work!!

November 2, 2010 at 17:01 | Report abuse |
    • pat

I don't understand – if you know all this about nutrition and how to eat, why do you need WW?

November 2, 2010 at 17:06 | Report abuse |
    • brumbleb

Pat, a lot of us learned this stuff FROM Weight Watchers. It is also a terrific support group. Not everybody can do it on their own!

November 2, 2010 at 17:39 | Report abuse |
    • To Pat

People know cigarrettes kill, but still smoke them. WW is about providing the tools needed to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. These tools include forums (online and at meetings) for finding yourself a group of people you can share your story with, find motivation from, or get help from if you run in to situations you can't come up with a better idea for. While you can't calculate the points of a food item in your head, points are smaller numbers and easier to keep track of – and provide a way to balance calories, fat, fiber and excercise. No, it doesn't work for everyone because not everyone has the exact same nutritional needs, or the group setting isn't one that is comfortable enough for some people, or some people just don't feel that is the source of motivation they need. But it is true that the basic guidelines are adaptable, and can work for a wide range of people, should one choose to do it!

November 2, 2010 at 17:58 | Report abuse |
    • Nancy

Good for you Joe!!! I am a yoyo dieter. I have been on WW a few times, lost the weight, when I stopped going to the meetings I gained it all back. I joined WW online this past April. I have lost 34 lbs. Slow, but steady. WW teaches you to eat healthy. No you can not eat junk to fill up your points. I know NOW that this is a life change. After I reach my goal I know that is not my golden ticket to go eat anything I want. It is going to be hard. But Hey, I have been eating healthy for the past 6 months, I know I can continue. I even learned to love broccoli. I even crave it. LOL! Continue the good work Joe and work to keep it off.

November 2, 2010 at 20:56 | Report abuse |
    • Lise

I am so proud of you and I can tell it is not just for yourself but for your wife and new baby. Hang in there – it's an investment for your future and your family. Congatulations on your new baby!

November 8, 2010 at 00:54 | Report abuse |
  4. Leslie

Jen... WW has been considering calories, fat grams and fiber for years.

November 2, 2010 at 12:53 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mike

but having the program now also focus on 2 very important nutrient groups i.e. proteins and carb content makes it a much more robust program that focuses on healthy eating. And while fat and fiber content were involved in WW, they were not nearly as influential as total calorie count. The way WW is now, 50 cal = 1 pt but if you are somewhere inbetween points, the fat vs fiber content would push it up or down accordingly. The changes will definitely make the program better although I was able to lose weight doing the old way as well.

November 2, 2010 at 13:45 | Report abuse |
  5. Maria

I joined WW in February 2010, and have lost 25 lbs and can't believe how much better I feel!! As far as the food goes, I eat what I want....I haven't forbidden myself to eat something since joining WW. I am, however, much more conscious of what and how much I eat. I am glad I joined WW.

November 2, 2010 at 13:07 | Report abuse | Reply
    • guest

congrats! i just joined in august (lost 70 pounds several years ago and gained about 30 back), and am down 13. this program is excellent, and i'm sure the changes they make will only make it better.

November 2, 2010 at 17:12 | Report abuse |
    • brumbleb

'Guest', I'm so glad that you are focussing on the positive. I will be a little scared when the change happens, but it's not like it's going to be bad. I hate some of the comments on here from people thinking that they are making changes because what WW does now does not work and is bad. Argh! 🙂 P.S. You can tell that some of these people have either never had a weight issue or have never tried WW!

November 2, 2010 at 17:43 | Report abuse |
  6. kate

Good to hear success stories from a few people, but remember you don't need to be on WW to lose weight. WW basically just simplifies the calorie counting and makes it really easy to keep track of what you've eaten. WW has had so much success because they actually teach people to watch their calories and not just starve themselves. you can figure out how many calories you need at http://www.diet-myths.com and try it without WW. If it's working for you i guess i wouldn't change it though!

November 2, 2010 at 13:29 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ally

Very true, Kate. What made WW so great for me was that I didn't actually count calories. It teaches you to make better choices because healthier foods are less points. You can choose to spend all your points one day on a cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's but you'll likely be hungry the rest of the day. So you learn that to fill up you need to eat more of the healthy stuff.

And that's really what a healthy person does, isn't it? They can splurge on treats every now and then...but it's not the norm.

November 2, 2010 at 13:37 | Report abuse |
    • Deanna

Kate if you were able to do it on your own thats great, But please bare in mind alot of people cant and ww helps them learn how to do it the right and healthy way. I love ww and swear by thier program and would reccomend it to anyone trying to lose weight and learn how to keep it off for good. the meetings are great for support and for tips, the e-tools is easy and fast way to track your food and activity, and if your busy they have online support. and I agree that alot of people can lose weight without ww but not many learn how to keep it off.

November 2, 2010 at 16:31 | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Weight Watchers is so much more than a calorie counter program. The meetings provide a forum for people to voice their concerns, celebrate successes, and get support. Many people (like me) really need that human touch for both encouragement and accountability. The website also provides support and articles of interest on a variety of topics, not just nutrition. When I truly follow the program, I lose weight and improve my health.

November 3, 2010 at 11:50 | Report abuse |
  7. Colleen

WW did nothing for me – I didn't lose a pound. Just saying

November 2, 2010 at 13:30 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sophia Giatrakos

Colleen, I don't believe you sorry. There is NO way you were really on WW and followed the plan, and lost nothing. You were not following the plan. I never heard of anyone losing 0 on WW

November 2, 2010 at 15:10 | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

You actually have to work the program and follow it for it to work. Sorry unless you have a weird medical issue W/W works if you work it. But then again so does any weight loss plan, some may be healthy and others not healthy but all weight loss plans work if you follow them. The issue is if you can do the plan for life. W/W is plan that can be done for life.

November 2, 2010 at 15:20 | Report abuse |
    • Deanna

sorry it didnt work for you, but it has for millions of others. it has to be in your mind and heart to make the changes and stick with them. it is not a diet it is a lifestyle change and the change is forever. when your ready to make those changes it will work for you.

November 2, 2010 at 16:33 | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

Colleen, same here. I've tried it twice – lost a whopping total of 5 pounds (all gained back afterward, plus more), which could be attributed completely to water weight. Meetings were humiliating (with representatives who were not sensitive to privacy). I was shamed for asking for clarification or help so I could "work the program" as some people call it here. The online site was not much help either – particularly from some of the forum members who taunt or dismiss those having difficulty with the program as "not trying hard enough."

November 2, 2010 at 16:54 | Report abuse |
    • la otra

My experience was similar to Colleen's. I tried WW after the birth of my second child and didn't lose an ounce.I followed the points plan for nursing mothers, though, which may have allowed too many calories. The good news is that I pretty much lost the baby weight without even trying once my daughter was weaned. I suppose women's bodies react differently to pregnancy and nursing, and mine wen into "calorie conservation" mode. I take consolation in knowing that I would have been the cavewoman who survived the famine (along with her newborn).

November 2, 2010 at 16:55 | Report abuse |
    • WellReadGal

Colleen, if you lost nothing, you were likely not following the program even slightly close. I have had great success with it, and know many others who have as well. It is not unduly hard (challenging at times, and there is some discipline involved), but you do need to somewhat follow their advice/guidance to experience weight loss. It is a very healthy, well-rounded program and allows for treats and flexibility. I highly recommend it.

November 2, 2010 at 17:17 | Report abuse |
    • Arimathea

Colleen and Melissa, if you didn't feel comfortable in the meetings, then I'm not surprised you didn't lose. Not all leaders are the same, obviously. You might try going to another center if you can - a supportive leader is a big help. WW shouldn't be a shaming experience, it should be a learning process. Hope you can find a healthy eating plan that works for you.

November 2, 2010 at 18:55 | Report abuse |
    • Scrappy

I agree it is NOT possible to be on the plan and not lose any weight. You are not being honest with yourself.

November 2, 2010 at 19:49 | Report abuse |
    • Sally

Did you follow the plan properly? Most people who don't lose on the program either more than their points for the day or not enough points. If you don't eat your points your body thinks it's starving and holds on to the fat for protection. Think about it.

November 2, 2010 at 21:01 | Report abuse |
    • Bonnie

Well, let me just say that I joined WW last October and have lost 66 pounds and reached goal. I am in their maintenance period right now and am surprised at how quickly and easily the weight came off. I joined to lose weight for my daughter's wedding in 2 years because i didn't want to wear a plus size dress! I'm happy to report that I'll be wearing a size 10 (maybe even an 8) which I never in my wildest dreams thought would happen. I haven't been that size since before having children, maybe even since high school. Anyway, I believe in WW and the meetings and support from my group. Unlike some who've commented, my leader is fantastic. She is confidential with information but there for you to answer questions and give support. At first the meetings were tough for me because I'm not use to speaking up, but as I kept attending and listening to other's testimonies and struggles, I realized that everyone is there to help. I know I could not do this alone. I've tried so many times in the past to lose weight and tried many diets and exercise programs, but I'd hit a plateau and give up. Well, my leader didn't let me give up and neither did my meeting group friends. I hit a plateau with WW, but I kept going to meetings and journaling my points, and I lost another 15 pounds after the plateau. I'm thankful for WW showing me how to eat healthy and I hope to keep the weight off for life. I know I can do it now. Remaining positive is the key and being confident in yourself. Your mind and heart have to be in it and ready for anything that comes your way. There will be ups and downs, losses and gains, but it works – I'm proof of it! Good luck to all of you out there who are trying to lose weight. Don't give up on yourself. Keep motivated and you will lose too!!!

November 3, 2010 at 08:39 | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

Sally – that whole 'starvation mode' thing is a myth. Yeah, if you cut back to something ridiculous like 500 calories a day, your metabolism might slow a bit but you will still lose. However, if you don't eat all your daily points once in awhile you will not see this effect. And if you do not eat your Weeklies you WILL lose faster....UNLESS (and this is a huge 'unless') you decide that you are feeling deprived so then you go out and eat a ton of stuff. They want you to eat a certain amount of food so you won't be at risk of feeling deprived, because many people won't stay on the plan if they feel like they're starving. But if you eat all your daily points you won't be starving unless you routinely decide to consume them in the form of one Big Mac (which might be more than a whole day's allowance).

November 3, 2010 at 16:10 | Report abuse |
  8. Alyssa

WW works 100% of the time- BUT you have to WORK the program for it to work for you. If you are truly journaling, and truly counting all your points correctly and staying within your limits 100% of the time you'll lose weight. Losing weight is not easy- and while WW is a great tool for success-it still requires work and sacrifice.

November 2, 2010 at 13:50 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Saffron

True! Most of the time I've seen people not lose weight on WW, it's been because they find one food that they know one serving is only 1 point (due to fiber content) and they eat multiple servings not realizing that the second serving isn't one more point but rather 3 points more so they put down 2 pts and they really ate 4 points.

November 3, 2010 at 13:55 | Report abuse |
  9. Jon

Losing weight can be just as easy as substituting protein bars for snacks. (The right ones, i.e.- Cliff Bars) You feel full, you gain nutrition. Pretty simple concept.

For those who need something more natural though, I found an article on a great recipe for Roasted Chicken with Rosemary Butter. http://bit.ly/asdXSd

November 2, 2010 at 14:15 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Steve-O

Jon, I'd like to add that losing weight can be just as easy as taking the f'n fork out of your mouth too!

November 2, 2010 at 16:33 | Report abuse |
  10. Nicole

I made Lifetime almost 2 months ago!!!! It was VERY hard. I hate to adjust to a new point system, then again its hard to maintain and this may be the spark I need.

November 2, 2010 at 14:26 | Report abuse | Reply
    • brumbleb

Congrats!

November 2, 2010 at 16:17 | Report abuse |
  11. karen

I tried WW on 3 different occassions. It is true it works if you follow the program to the T.. Journal, Points, Excercise etc etc.. But, in the end I wanted to know exactly how many calories I ate, how often and details of how many calories I burned on a daily basis. WW Points made it idiot proof but not for the long hall. I quit this last time did it solo on my own with a friend and now use FITBIT.com and have lost 30lbs and going. What works for others may not work for you. You have to find your nitch.

November 2, 2010 at 14:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Margie

I tried both Richard Simmons and Weight Watchers. Both are very healthy as they stand and work if one follows them. With both, the exercise and water intake are critical. I'm partial to Richard Simmons myself, because I love his exercise workouts and food mover. He even has exercises for the elderly and people with disabilities. I lost 40# doing RS. But I think a lot of it is psychological, and for me, I think eating was a learned stress response as well as being a natural tendency due to humans evolving through experiencing famine and drought. I suspect it has to be treated like a lifetime addiction.

November 2, 2010 at 15:03 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. LG

In my first week at WW Online I lost 16lbs, I have to date lost over 76 lbs. WW definitely works but I hated the fact that fruit and plain veggies counted as 1 pt for a cup. Would definitely give it another go if they switched it up a bit. Also the online support groups on WW are great.

November 2, 2010 at 15:04 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Molly

You're in luck – from what I have researched, it looks like the new plan will not have any points attached to fruit at all. So come on back!

November 3, 2010 at 13:46 | Report abuse |
    • Saffron

Have to say I agree... it's hard to choose a veggie when two slices of lite bread is the same point value.

November 3, 2010 at 13:58 | Report abuse |
  14. sammy

this will be interesting – WW, for me, has been hands down, the easiest way to loose weight. And it is really focuses your mind on healthy food and great portion sizes, without being obsessed about calorie counting and meal planning.

November 2, 2010 at 15:26 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mikki

Based on the info at my last meeting and this article, my impression of the new plan is that it will steer you to the filling foods, be it fruit, veggies or protien, versus the same point value processed foods like the 100 calorie packs. Sounds like a great idea to me. I am 10 pounds from goal weight with WW and loving it.

November 4, 2010 at 14:52 | Report abuse |
  15. propointfan

This Pro Point Weight Watchers program has been used in France for a long time. I personally did both the old program and the new ProPoint program and can tell you that it works better and is easier to follow than the old one.

November 2, 2010 at 15:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Rita

I have been a Lifetime WW member for 5 years. We had our meeting today where our leader hinted at the changes coming just after Thanksgiving. She said it is an enhancement to the program that makes sense. You won't have to throw out the foods, you will still be able to use eTools and other pluses. As with anything, change is hard! But, stick with it! WW makes sense because it makes you think about what you are eating and how to live a healthy life. It's your choice!

November 2, 2010 at 15:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Rob

I'm happy that WW is making a change to take into account more recent advances in applied nutrition. While I like the general idea of WW for a "normal" person trying to "lose weight", it's not really a program designed at maximizing one's body, which I think should be a goal if you're going to bother putting in the effort. WW is simply not designed for athletes, or even weekend warrior type athletes. Muscle mass is important for everyone in order to maintain long-term health and physical ability, not simply weight loss. The emphasis in WW is put on the wrong target, I believe. There is more value in maximizing muscle mass maintenance and even development than there is in simply losing weight, especially for the growing aging population. A focus on protein, fiber, and blood sugar control will lead to the best results for a large majority of the population. I'm worried that WW, while trying to get away from the calorie counting ideas of old, is still going to be stuck in the "energy in/energy out" mindset for a long time to come. Unfortunately, it's not the optimal way to modify one's body composition. It will "work", but the results will not be as positive as they can be. Rational, effective nutrition for fat loss and long-term health: http://www.NutritionPerfected.com

November 2, 2010 at 16:12 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wade

Actually, Rob, the meeting topic this week is titled "Master the Metabolism" and explains that the only real way to speed it up is by building lean muscle and getting the heart pumping... and that these are things that will help keep the weight off. Activity is most definitely talked about at WW. Many members just aren't ready to jump right into it. I lost 65 pounds on WW, and I personally found that getting the eating under control while increasing my walking was the first step. Once I was ready, I amped up the exercise and am now being called "athletic" and "fit" for the first time in my life! I couldn't have done the exercise program I'm doing now if I hadn't lost some weight first. WW changed my life!

November 2, 2010 at 18:03 | Report abuse |
    • Bob

I agree. My wife and I started weight watchers about six months ago. She wanted to lose ten lbs and I wanted to lose about fifteen. I've been a weight lifter for years and she likes to compete in marathons and we both found that on this program there weren't enough calories to see us through our workouts. She runs at least six miles a day and this is simply not enough food on 19 points a day, not even with the extra points she earns for the exercise. Ditto for my lifting. I find that there isn't enough protein in the program to maintain the muscle mass I need in order to lose fat, but retain the muscle. I also do Crossfit training and I've bonked hard midway through some of these exercises.

I think WW is great for people who need to lose weight, but anybody involved in serious athletics should find a different plan that takes their activities into account or plan on having reduced performance.

November 3, 2010 at 13:08 | Report abuse |
  18. Sue

I've been a WW Leader for almost 4 years . . . I've had people come to the scale to weigh in, throw their book at me and tell me the plan doesn't work. When I start asking the questions, I find out that they really haven't been tracking their food or following the good health guidelines. When you follow the program, the program works! I'm super excited about the changes to the program coming this month! It definitely sets people up to be successful (if you want to be)!

November 2, 2010 at 16:25 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wade

"If you almost follow the program, you'll almost lose weight!" :o)

November 2, 2010 at 18:05 | Report abuse |
  19. Barb

This sounds like a great idea. I joined WW about 10 years ago and made lifetime, but as is all too typical I gained it all back and then some. For the past six months or so I've been using a free online diet tracking program, which while it may not have all the features of WW, is just as good. That may be because I'm a "professional dieter"–great at losing weight, lousy at keeping it off, although I'm having a lot more success this time for some reason. I tell myself I can eat whatever I want within my set range, but in order to feel full I really do have to eat lowfat and healthy for the most part. I do NOT worry too much about calories from fruits and vegetables, although I don't generally have more than one piece of fruit per day, I focus on the veggies.

WW definitely works, but I was always hungry. Now that I'm not paying out a certain amount of money every month or week I can take it more slowly and eat enough to feel satisfied.

November 2, 2010 at 16:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. WW @work

It will be called PointsPlus and should be coming out the week after Thanksgiving. My friend has been on it for the last couple weeks (she works at WW) and she got to goal last week. I've been goint to WW for over 2 years and I'm ready for a change!

November 2, 2010 at 16:33 | Report abuse | Reply
    • SAHM

I am sad to hear your friend told you about the program already after she was told not to. I hate to hear when people do stuff like that.

November 2, 2010 at 18:09 | Report abuse |
    • Sherry

You cannot work for WW until you become lifetime, and you said your frien that works for WW had just met her goal, and Sam I agree with you, WW employees had to sign a contract not to reveil anything, I know our leader hasn't.

November 23, 2010 at 07:38 | Report abuse |
  21. Deanna

So how will the people that no longer attend meetings but do it online or just use e-tools learn of the changes?? thats my only concern. I love ww and im glad I gave them a chance because they have givin me my life back.

November 2, 2010 at 16:37 | Report abuse | Reply
    • AJ

When WW makes a change, they do it across the board – meetings, online, and any other methods they do. (I have done WW in the past so speaking from previous experience.) Shouldn't be a big deal. 🙂

November 2, 2010 at 16:54 | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

@Deanna, I have only ever done WW online. I haven't attended a single meeting. And the program has worked spectacularly for me. 71 lbs since Christmas, and one to go to goal. I think the only thing you lose by not attending meetings is that you cannot get free lifetime membership because they have no way of knowing if you're lying about your weight, unless you weigh in with an 'official' WW person. But I don't care about that. I don't have time for meetings and the online support (it's kinda like FaceBook with groups, friends, blogs....) is all I need.

November 3, 2010 at 16:03 | Report abuse |
  22. Stephanie

I had some success with calorie counting and portion control type regimes when I first started losing weight, but long term I cannot think about things in those terms. I have lost about 70 pounds and counting, the first 50 were through calorie counting. But I started to backslide and gained 10 back until I went vegan and really started to focus on natural whole foods and eliminating both processed foods and animal products from my diet, which caused me to shed 30 pounds in the span of a couple months without really working at it. I have continued to lose weight at a much slower rate since then, a pound or two a month, but I feel so much better eating as much as I like and slowly whittling away at my excess body fat.

Finding activities that you enjoy are also key, it makes working out fun unlike going to the gym like it is a chore. I found that I really like cycling, yoga, and strength training (push-ups, weights, etc.) which keeps it interesting and keeps me working for different fitness goals.

November 2, 2010 at 16:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Jessica

I'm excited to see this change. I'm currently on a 12 WW program and am only allowed 21 points a day. I can't wait till my meeting this Friday to see how this is going to effect my allowance (my coach did say something at our last meeting about some changes coming up in November)!

November 2, 2010 at 16:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Roberta

I went to ww a couple of years ago – I lost 20 lbs. and nothing for six month. Our leader said I was not eating eough – so she took over my food diary and gues what - within 2 months I gained back the 20 lbs.

November 2, 2010 at 16:43 | Report abuse | Reply
    • AJ

Uh huh, and do you have any health conditions that tend to make it hard to get weight off, or are you taking meds that have weight gain side effects? Were you unable to exercise like you had been in those last 2 months? WW people are trained well, so I am finding it a little hard to believe that the leader tweaked things THAT much on you....

November 2, 2010 at 16:57 | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

@AJ, MOST people do NOT have any 'health conditions' that make it harder to lose weight, they just use it as an excuse. Yes, true, there are the rare few, but even these people probably would lose weight if they simply kept track of their food intake (both in what they eat and an accurate accounting of how much) because many of them are unaware of the calories they are packing in their bodies without realizing it. Even without consciously cutting back, just by seeing an honest accounting of everything you've eaten (and drunk, like soda, fruit juice....) can be a real eye-opener.

November 3, 2010 at 16:00 | Report abuse |
  25. Nancy

Weight Watchers often seems to tweak its basic plan, one way or another, in time for the New Year's 'rush' of well-intentioned self-improvers. I think it's a good way to keep current members interested in the program and attract new ones. I also think it's the most truly 'liveable' program out there!

November 2, 2010 at 16:44 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Melissa

The main problem I have with WW is that they are so focused on calories and points that the actual nutritional value of the food is seemingly of no importance. They recommend foods loaded with chemicals, trans-fats, and artificial sweeteners just for the sake of 'saving points'. Gross. I choose not to eat fake cheese with 2 dozen ingredients I can't pronounce, thank you very much. In the long run, choosing foods with high nutritional value and REAL ingredients will keep you healthier and more fit. That's why I stopped going to WW meetings.

November 2, 2010 at 16:45 | Report abuse | Reply
    • AJ

Interesting. The meetings I have attended in the past have always emphasized eating fresh fruits/veggies and all of that stuff. They also must not have discussed the "Core" program (now a new name that I can't remember) with your group – it focused on lean meats, lowfat dairy, fruits, veggies, and whole grains instead of processed stuff.

November 2, 2010 at 17:00 | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

I agree with you...to a point. I have lost 75+ lbs. on Weight Watchers. Natural and less processed food is important to me, and I agree that there isn't really any emphasis placed on these aspects of healthy living...especially if you read the ingredients of the products sold with the WW label. However, I still make the plan work with my personal food "values." Organic, naturally sweetened yogurt has more calories than the artificially sweetened stuff, but that is how I choose to "spend" my points. You can still eat plenty and avoid what you choose not to eat. Like most things in life, it comes down to making a choice that's right for you.

November 2, 2010 at 17:01 | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

LOL! Why would anyone want to sweeten their yogurt? It's so much tastier without any kind of sweetener, natural or fake. If I want mine sweet, I throw some fresh blueberries into it 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 15:57 | Report abuse |
  27. NEChick71

I made lifetime 4 years ago with a total weight loss of 100 pounds. WW taught me how to eat, how much to eat and the impotance of exercise. I haven't been on WW in 3 years and am still at goal. As others have said, the program works if you work the program.

November 2, 2010 at 16:47 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Rho

I was on WW for 2.5 years and lost about 12 pounds. I needed only 1 more pound for 10% but just couldn't do it! I may try again with the new program since I've gained back 5 of those hard fought pounds. I'm not sure it'll work for since I had so much trouble on 18 points.

November 2, 2010 at 16:47 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michele Heiderer

Rho, You must already be very short or very tiny to be only allowed 18 points a day! I've been a Lifetimer for almost 3 years and even I am at 19 points a day (at 5'2", 128 lbs)! Plus with exercise, I get to add a few points each day. Are you certain that you have calculated your daily points correctly? Something just doesn't sound right!

November 3, 2010 at 00:46 | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

Michelle, I am neither short NOR tiny – I'm between 5'7" and 5'8" and I weigh 129 lbs. I get only 18 pts/day. But this is enough, combined with the weekly 35 flex points. I'm still losing a little because I work out as well and I don't eat up all THOSE calories (that's too much food!). Once I switch to 'maintenance' I will get 21 pts / day plus the weeklies, which is plenty of food.

November 3, 2010 at 15:55 | Report abuse |
  29. Robert W.

I was on it a long time ago and it showed me just how many empty calaries I was eating. That helped me change my food (especially snack) choices. If I had not stopped the upward spiral in my weight gain I would now weight over three hundred pounds. When I was on it, I could not eat everything they told me to eat. I did not even feel hungry. I know that sounds like a commercial but it is true. It worked for me. I weigh 189 lbs and at six foot that is too much for my build but at least it isn't 300 lbs that I would have been.

November 2, 2010 at 16:54 | Report abuse | Reply
    • brumbleb

Robert, I am the same way. There are often days when I am full after dinner and still have 5 or more points left. I just say to myself, 'well, I'm full, so I guess I'm not going to use all of my points today!'.

November 2, 2010 at 17:53 | Report abuse |
  30. Ramona

But WW does say that a significant portion of your points should be on healthy oils, fruits, vegetables, dairy and whole grains. So it doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for points to spend on processed foods. The more unprocessed your foods are, the more you get to eat because the points value is low on those items.

November 2, 2010 at 16:56 | Report abuse | Reply
    • brumbleb

Exactly. A lot of people overlook the part about the majority of your food per day being healthy. Yeah, you can eat whatever you want, but I guarantee if you eat 2 burgers a day you are probably not going to be successful!

November 2, 2010 at 17:54 | Report abuse |
  31. Sheila

the program works if you do it correctly.. If it does not work for you, you are not following it correctly.. I had a friend tell me the same thing.."it doesn't work for me".. i told her right out.." i lost close to 15lbs on it..it works!!".. come to find out, she was not half-azzin it..
    too bad for her!!!

November 2, 2010 at 16:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Buddy

WW works, it's worked for my son, my wife and for me. It may still comes down to "walk more, eat less," but you will have success if you read, think and prepare. One critical key, one beer a week and one dessert a week, has made a huge difference for me.

November 2, 2010 at 16:58 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Charlotte

I've had great success and I have 2 glasses of wine every evening. Just work it into my daily points allowance.

November 3, 2010 at 15:52 | Report abuse |
  33. Sheila

i meant.. she WAS half azzin it.. no sympathy..

November 2, 2010 at 16:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Marie

A reply to Kate–above. I agree with you, it doesn't have to be WW. They have a great plan, but not every one can afford to put out that the weekly charge. And maybe they have reasons for not being able to get out to a meeting. WW is great but not the only way to lose.

November 2, 2010 at 17:12 | Report abuse | Reply
    • SAHM

You are right.....WW is not the only way to lose.....it is the right way to lose!!

November 2, 2010 at 18:12 | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

WW does not require meetings. I haven't been to a single meeting. I do it online. I think it's about $15 or $20 a month.

November 3, 2010 at 15:51 | Report abuse |
  35. john mclaren

I have been on ww since june and has lost 110 pounds, I was 500 pounds. The system works well!

November 2, 2010 at 17:18 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bob

Good for you!!!

November 2, 2010 at 22:11 | Report abuse |
  36. Jessica

I have been on weight watchers for 4 weeks and have lost 9.63 lbs I am very happy with the program I still eat my sweets in moderation of course

November 2, 2010 at 17:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Rob

Interesting note, WW is the only weight loss program strongly bouyed by empirical data. if I was fat, and desperately felt the need to drop my excess baggage I'd likely give it a shot.

November 2, 2010 at 17:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Sherry Wilk

Okay WW only worked for me years and years ago when I was overweight and didn't exercise. I am since become an endurance athlete who has 10 pounds to lose. IMPOSSIBLE ON WW! Even with the points allowance, I always felt that WW did not understand my nutritional needs. AND to allow so much chemical and processed foods is just bad medicine! AND all that animal protein ! I am doing better eating more unprocessed foods, cutting back on processed carbs like white pasta and breads in general and eating more vegetables, eggs, and even nuts and seeds...I am not a vegetarian but aspire to be one! I personally will choose mayonaisse that is made with canola oil or olive oil for the flavor, use much less of it, and know that I didn't ingest a bunch of processed chemicals...

November 2, 2010 at 17:30 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sally

WW does not push processed foods! Healthy fruits and vegtables, lean meats, whole grains. If your WW group is pushing the processed foods find a new group. Yes they have the dinners and the desserts, MODERATION people. They're nice in a pinch but not every meal every day.

November 2, 2010 at 21:16 | Report abuse |
  39. nailed

I lost 27lbs on the sex diet

November 2, 2010 at 17:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Melissa

I agree that they do strongly recommend fresh foods, like fruits and vegetables, but I've had 2 WW 'leaders' in the past who will get excited with a wry little smile on their face and tell you "secrets" like how they reduce points by using fake processed cheese, or "quick effortless lunches" by buying frozen meals. Read the ingredient label on ANY WW product, be it a dinner or those gross fake ice creams and tell me that any of those ingredients are things you would willingly want to put in your body. It's ridiculous. But they push that garbage as a way to "save points". It's disgusting, but the average consumer has no idea how to read a nutrition label so they gobble that crap up. "ooh, it's only 2 points!!" YUCK.

November 2, 2010 at 17:45 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Charlotte

Those are the people who are destined to gain back whatever weight they might lose, and those leaders should be replaced. There is an "Eat food – not too much – mostly vegetables" group within WW where those of us who disdain the fake stuff congregate, and there ARE group leaders who don't hawk the fake stuff. IMHO I won't consider eating that stuff because it doesn't taste good. If I want ice cream I will eat ice cream and will compensate elsewhere. Happily I don't like sweets 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 15:49 | Report abuse |
  41. eddie

my fathers on weight watchers and im not, we're both very active people and compete in triathlon. this year i lost 25 pounds and am now watching my diet carefully while my dad lost 6 pounds doesnt watch his diet untill october. im trying to get at dont waste your money if you arent serious about weight loss and even then you dont need these programs but they do help the ignorent become smart and live healthy.

November 2, 2010 at 17:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Norlene

I've lost 145 pounds on Weight Watchers and have been at goal for almost 6 years. I've been working for WW for 4 years and love the program. I'm very excited about the new changes to the program. Even maintaining has its struggles so I'm hoping this will reenergize my passion for the program. Remember it works if you work the program. Tracking is the best tool for success.

November 2, 2010 at 18:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Kim

Food already comes with a point system. You can find it on the packaging, under the title "Nutritional Information".

November 2, 2010 at 18:03 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jay

Right you are, Kim! Further, add 30-60 minutes of TOUGH aerobic exercise (weights too if you can) daily and STOP EATING AT NIGHT and you can forget all this stuff – I've lost 70 pounds in 7 months this way. I do count calories – about 2K per day max – Gota go, the Nordic Track is waiting!

November 2, 2010 at 20:20 | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

Sure, but the package labeling doesn't help people to change their eating habits or exercise habits. Gradual lifestyle changes and being constantly reminded to keep track of how much they are eating is what helps people with pathological eating and non-exercise habits to change. It's the habits that are important, if one is to maintain the healthy body after reaching one's goal.

November 3, 2010 at 15:46 | Report abuse |
  44. treasa

i've been a lifetime member and at goal for a year and a half. i will continue to eat my 18 points a day and continue to exercise and make sure i weigh and measure my intake. it works for me. i love being smaller. it's a much healthier way for me. what works for some does not work for others. my sil had the lap band surgery and is still as big as she was. it hasn't worked for her yet. people say i'm fanatical about what i eat and such, no, i just didn't like being in a size 22-24 and 207# at the age of 50. now i'm a size 6-8 and weight 124-126. i am not going back there , i was terribly unhappy with myself. ww helped me see this is the one thing i can control in my life.

November 2, 2010 at 18:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Matthew

I had tried Herbalife and South Beach and while losing I felt deprived of the foods I enjoyed. On 1-18-2010, my life changed forever! I joined WW and as of today I have lost 102 pounds. I count every point, but I jog and use my Bowflex every day. It has taught me to eat correctly, even when I'm out with my partner and daughter, I still watch what I consume. I no longer feel deprived but empowered. I'm happy with WW, I've made many WW friends and my leader is great and very caring! Without reservation, I can strongly suggest Weight Watchers.

November 2, 2010 at 18:13 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Bob

WW is so much more than a plan to count calories. It is about the support group. Having people to talk to about it. The number one thing you need before you do anything is an attitude. You have to be ready to change your eating habits for the rest of your life. You are the way you are because of the level of activity you have compared to the way you eat. I lost over 80 pounds, stopped going to meetings, stopped paying attention to what I was eating and how much. Went back to my old ways of eating and all the weight came right back. I am back in meetings and being accountable for what I eat and how much I eat. I am down 16 pounds and counting. I plan this to be a life style change this time.

November 2, 2010 at 18:28 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. kathy

Weight watchers does not work. have been on it three years. lost 80 lbs but have another 80 to go. If u are 100lbs over weight then it does not work for you. The information they provide is outdated and not useful. The instructors repeat same information year after year after year. The DVDs do not work. The instructor on them is annoying. The weight watchers food is good if u want to spend the day in the bathroom.

November 2, 2010 at 18:38 | Report abuse | Reply
    • rena

It does work if you have more than 100 pounds to lose. I started in February 2010 and have lost 75 pounds. I have lost weight EVERY week. It is slow and steady weight loss that works. I am half way to my ultimate goal, and it is still working. If you are getting sick from eating the foods, it is because you are eating too many pieces of their candy or desserts. They have sugar alcohols (artificial sweetners), and if you eat too many, it acts like a laxative. That is why there are warning labels on sugar free candy. If you follow the plan, you will lose. If you hit a plateau, you need to think about what you could change up; maybe your exercise routine is not enough any more. When your body becomes accustomed to one form of exercise, the exercise does not help you lose weight. You have to make it more rigorous than you did before. Maybe when the new plan comes out, you should go to a meeting to try it out. It may work better for you.

November 6, 2010 at 11:23 | Report abuse |
  48. Stuart

I remember what my old WW leader told me when they changed the program once before and I was worried/scared because I know had more points per day. She told me "if it isn't broken, don't fix it." Basically, if the current program is working for you, try the new way and see if you have better results. If you don't want to try the new program, keep doing it the old way!

November 2, 2010 at 18:46 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Christopher

For anyone with doubts about WW, wait until you are truly ready–not to lose weight, but to change your lifestyle. Lifestyle change is the only way to lose the pounds and keep them off. My mother started WW just before thanksgiving last year, she has lost over 75 pounds since! I myself have maintained a loss of 30 pounds for the past 6 months simply by following the basic concepts, combined with mild exercise. If you use the program honestly and correctly, you will see the loss you are looking for, trust me.

November 2, 2010 at 18:53 | Report abuse | Reply
    • CalTek

Agree 100% – the best thing about WW is that it teaches something that many, in this day and age, have lost track of or forget how to do – PORTION CONTROL. The biggest problem we have is not only WHAT we eat but HOW MUCH we eat. I have found, for myself, that WW has taught me portion control and I am never hungry.

I feel great and am hoping to drop another 10 lbs before the New Year – all because I am watching my portions and exercising.

Another thing I must say with this "Lifestyle Change" is that you have to want to do it. Too many people want a fast weight loss and get mad if they haven't dropped the weight in 1-2 weeks - just try to remember how many years it took you to pack on all those pounds. You can't lose them overnight – it is a commitment and I think people get too discouraged with it and give up – hence the failure rate.

November 3, 2010 at 09:13 | Report abuse |
  50. Marcia

Some of you are under the impression that you have to use the smart ones WW meals and you do not. I actually incorporate the 12 power foods from the abs diet alone with some healthy choice soups and meals that have WW points on them
    you just keep it simple .. Almonds and other nuts...whole grains.. fruits.. natural peanut butters.. cereals ...non fat dairy...
    etc etc and find fun recipes on Weight Watchers .com.. they have all the Etool, points and sort of like a food diary and point calculator and tracker.. very fun and IT WORKS IF YOU MAKE IT WORK...I am 5'6
    2006 I weighed 242.. size 24... 2010 .. 185 size 16 and I'm walking .. Pilate's.. and just living active life.......lots of dog walking too.......now I know if I need to lose 10 lbs its very easy to do.. but I'm maintaining and works for me .. and the hubby of 31 yrs isn't complaining too... Weight Watchers is amazing!!!! love it.......remember you do NOT Have to eat the smart ones.
    you can eat real , tasty healthy food...........and you can cheat.......just be aware........PEACE

November 2, 2010 at 18:59 | Report abuse | Reply