home
RSS
Teen girls still skipping HPV vaccine
July 25th, 2013

Teen girls still skipping HPV vaccine

Nearly half of all adolescent girls are still skipping the recommended HPV vaccine, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC report shows that the human papillomavirus vaccination rates for this group remained relatively unchanged for 2012, with 53.8% of teen girls receiving one dose of the vaccine and only 33.4% completing the three dose series. The numbers mirror percentages from 2011, when 53% of adolescent girls received one dose of the HPV vaccine and 34.8% completed the series.

The CDC previously attributed these low vaccination rates in part to the inadequate number of encounters with healthcare providers. However, new reports have shown that 84% of un-vaccinated girls have visited a doctor or other provider's office, where they have received other vaccinations but did not receive the HPV vaccine. The report suggests that coverage could be as high as 92.6% if the HPV vaccination had been initiated during these visits.

The HPV vaccine is currently recommended for both girls and boys at age 11 or 12 and is given over the course of six months. However, many parents choose not to vaccinate their children, citing a lack of sexual activity, among other reasons.

“Parents need reassurance that the HPV vaccine is recommended at 11 or 12 because it should be given well in advance of any sexual activity,” CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden has said in the past. “We don’t wait for exposure to occur before we vaccinate with any other routinely recommended vaccine.”

HPV rates down more than expected

Frieden also said that health care providers are not doing enough to promote vaccination and that physicians should recommend this vaccine just as they recommend others.

Nearly 26,200 HPV-related cancers occur in the United States every year, affecting both sexes, according to the CDC. Cervical cancer and oropharyngeal cancer account for the most prevalent HPV-related cancers in females and males, respectively. The HPV vaccine protects against the virus that causes 70% of cervical cancers.

The CDC is disappointed with the low number of girls getting vaccinated, as well as the relatively small percentage of girls who are completing the recommended three doses.

“Finishing the series is critical,” said Patsy Stinchfield, director of Infectious Disease and Immunology at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. “This vaccine is not fully effective unless you complete all three doses.”

1. sunflower2

These girls are so stupid to pass this up... I SOOOO wish they had this when I was a teen... I had to suffer the consequences of being infected with HPV in college.... Nothing funny about cervical cancer......

July 26, 2013 at 11:16 | Report abuse | Reply
    • ellid

Agreed. I had a cervical cancer scare a few years ago and would have loved to have had the peace of mind.

July 26, 2013 at 11:40 | Report abuse |
  2. Kerry

When my daughter was in college, she was virus free, but almost all the people she knew had HPV. My daughter then opted for the vaccine. It makes sense to protect your children. They won't thank you if they end up with cancer because of your fears of a vaccine.

July 26, 2013 at 11:26 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Mom of 3

For all of those quoting the VAERS stats, please read this article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2012/05/03/here-is-how-we-know-gardasil-has-not-killed-100-people/2/

It does an excellent job explaining why one can not simply read the VAERS data and assume that all adverse events reported are related to the vaccine since most are probably UNRELATED. Instead, you would need to compare the VAERS data for Gardasil and/or Cervarix to similar data for unvaccinated teens in the same age range for the same time period. Sadly, people die all the time. Some of the deaths can be linked to a specific event, but many are just coincidental in timing and unrelated to said event. Now, if someone can quote stats that in the general population of teens, X% of those vaccinated have died within a set amount of time after vaccination AND in the general population of teens, a statistically lower % of teens died during the same set amount of time, then we have something to investigate further (though again, that would not prove that it was related to the vaccine but would suggest that further investigation is necessary.)

July 26, 2013 at 11:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. thesaj

What do you expect?

The dumb !@#$% idiots at FDA/CDC have banned adults from getting the vaccine. And then are pushing for it to be mandatory.

If you tell a parent, THIS VACCINE IS NOT SAFE FOR YOU, but we WANT YOU TO GIVE IT TO YOUR CHILD. What do you think will happen.

The FDA needs to approve the vaccine for adults over 26. And the media should stop writing this same article every 2 months until the FDA approves the vaccine is safe for EVERYONE.

July 26, 2013 at 12:05 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Shelly

I was going to get my first HPV vaccine at the age of 27 but decided not to because I was thinking of conceiving. Three years later I wanted to start the HPV vaccine, being single. Because I was 30 then, my insurance would not cover the vaccination cost and I had to pay out of pocket. I was Ok with that, but not sure why a "stop" with a certain age. I had two of three vaccinations with my usual Planned Parenthood provider then moved states. When I went back to PP in a different state to receive my Third HPV vaccination, the clinic had to wait 2 hours so they could get 'Clearance" on giving my my third vaccination (even though I was 2 out of 3 into the series.) They at first said they could not give me my last one because of my age. AND I WAS PAYING OUT OF POCKET, ready for the last of the series. I had HPV in the past but cleared it as of my PAP in 2010. I got ALL 3 vaccinations starting Jan 2010...and am STILL CLEAR of the virus in my PAP tests as of June 2010. The FDA NEEDS to provide vaccinations for women 26 of age and above. Thank you for your voice!

July 29, 2013 at 15:36 | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

Clear Pap as of June 2013. (mistype) Every vaccination does carry it's own risks and benefits.

July 29, 2013 at 15:39 | Report abuse |
  5. Laura

Wish I had the opportunity to have had the vaccine before years of being sick.

July 26, 2013 at 12:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Beebee

I'm sure it's a great vaccine, wish they had it 30 years ago, before I got cervical cancer, but.....I suggested to my daughter that it was a good idea and she decided to get it and had a severe reaction to it! There are some things in life that are just not worth taking a risk of dying just so you can be protected! Now we struggle with the decision to get the meningitis vaccine...is it worth taking a risk of dying from a vaccine reaction? or getting the virus? If I tell her I don't think she should get it, does that make me a bad parent? If I insist she get it and she has a reaction and almost dies, does that make me a bad parent? She's an adult, over 21, it's now her decision to get or not get any vaccine. It should be each parent's choice to give their children vaccines.

July 26, 2013 at 12:26 | Report abuse | Reply
    • raven

That sounds like a reaction to carrier fluid, not the vaccine itself. She should talk to her doctor about it and see if the solutions are similar or if they used something different, not rule it out entirely. Even if they are similar, your daughter could be prepped with antihistamines to block the allergic reaction response.

July 26, 2013 at 12:44 | Report abuse |
    • jaana

unfortunately even if you had the vaccine you probably still would have gotten cancer as the vaccine only defends against a couple of strains and the ones that cause the worst cancer and not in that.. it's hard to believe anyone would knowling put out something that would intentionally harm people and lying by saying it will help but big pharma's job is to keep you sick so you keep being their customer.. they don't make money unless you buy into that philosophy that you must have these things and too many people are buying in without the proper controls in place (FDA works for big pharma.. there is no mistakign that so they are not looking out for anyone but their kronies)...

July 26, 2013 at 13:13 | Report abuse |
  7. jaana

it's not proven to prohibit anything more than doing nothing and just fills girls (and boys) with a huge dose of mercury, which is way worse...

July 26, 2013 at 13:06 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Debbie

There is no thimerosal or mercury in the vaccine. Don't spout nonsense and try to scare people.

July 26, 2013 at 13:43 | Report abuse |
  8. TJ

And let's not forget that Big Pharma has to get rich off us, so please, please get your kids vaccinated before the patents run out and it becomes available for a quarter of the price! Starving CEO's are counting on you.

July 26, 2013 at 14:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. mindanoiha

GARDASIL. HITHERTO UNANSWERED QUESTIONS.
    Whether Gardasil prevents cancer, necessity for boosters, whether it increases the risk of cancer due to the ingredients, whether there is increased risk of cancer due to the strains which are removed being replaced by more carcinogenic ones, whether there is increased risk of cancer due to the unexpected discovery by an independent laboratory of aluminium bound recombinant HPV DNA, whether Gardasil vaccinated may donate blood without the aluminium bound recombinant HPV DNA causing serious health consequences for the recipient, whether there is increased risk of autoimmune disorders due to the recombinant HPV DNA, if cervical cancer is caused by HPV or if there must be a necessary additional factor for this to occur, if HPV is necessarily an infection transmitted by sexual intercourse, whether the vaccine causes genotoxicity, whether it targets the relevant virus strains in different demographics, whether the strains change in the course of time, adverse events due to concomitant administration with other vaccines, the true numbers and extent of serious adverse events, long term serious side effects, what the results would be if a true placebo had been used in all the clinical trials, what the results of clinical trials would be if Merck had not used their own exclusion criteria, whether there is increased risk of blood clots with or without hormonal contraceptives, whether there is an increased risk of brain damage, consequences of “bridging” – the extrapolation of study results from one group to another, potentially serious consequences if the vaccine is not thoroughly shaken, whether the vaccine will increase the risk of infertility due to polysorbate, whether polysorbate is carcinogenic, health consequences due to the presence of the combination of polysorbate and l-histidine, whether aluminium adjuvant is safe, consequences due to the presence sodium borate (borax), whether the vaccine will increase the risk of miscarriages, stillbirths or babies born with anomalies, whether Gardasil is excreted in human milk, the complete list of ingredients, whether possible benefits outweigh the risks.

July 26, 2013 at 15:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. haley

When i was still in school, I received the vaccine because my doctor suggested it. The first round that i received HURT. It was worse than any shot/ Iv/ Blood test I've ever had. The bruising was bad and the next couple days, I was extremely lethargic. The second round hurt just as bad but I became even sicker. My parents and I decided it was best that I didn't receive the 3rd round since both myself and my step sister had similar experiences with this vaccine. I didn't see a point in receiving a vaccine that made me sick when i don't have cervical cancer in my family and when i don't sleep around.

July 26, 2013 at 15:38 | Report abuse | Reply
    • MJ

I got the first vaccination too just before leaving for college one year. The beginning of that fall I felt so awful some days, as if I was in a fog and couldn't fully wake up, extremely stiff joints, and other symptoms. I was keeping a log of how I felt each day, how much sleep I got, my activities, etc. since there was no reason for me to feel like that. It got to the point where I just wanted to cry some days because I just felt so off (I don't know how else to really describe it). One day I might feel like my normal self and the next day I would wake up and feel like total crap. My mom then saw a segment on some news shows about reactions to the vaccine. I decided then and there to not get any more of the shots. I was going to see my doctor about how I was feeling and take my notebook with me, but it eventually just disappeared (I went to school 8 hours from my home) and I went back to feeling normal. I don't know if how I felt was a reaction to the vaccine or if I had some type of virus, but I wasn't going to take the risk that it was and go through it all over again. I don't sleep around either so HPV isn't a concern for me either.

July 26, 2013 at 21:32 | Report abuse |
    • Mila

My doctor recomended it to me too before college. SO, it came highly recomended by my physician so I of course went through with the first round. Biggest mistake I could have ever done to myself. Not only did the site of vaccination leave horrible bruising and soreness in my entire body but the vaccine also caused my skin pigment to dissapear, into a autoimmune disorder called Vetiligo. Of course my doctors say that there were probably other variables taking part in my health issue, but I know my body better then anyone else. I was doing fine before the vaccine, and I am convinced that if I never went through with the vaccine then I would never be in this psition now. Five years later and I still have the disorder, I have been working with all types of doctors from regular MDs to acupunturists to Herballists and my pigment is slowly coming back (side note: After trying to figure out how to cure vetiligo, my mom and I stumbled upon a old 1950's medical book claiming that a women was cured who had vetiligo by eating raw liver for two weeks straight. raw liver was too much for me so I started talking desicated liver pills which suprisingly have helped substantially). These vaccies didn't sit right with me. Please consider this before you force your children to get these vaccines.

August 1, 2013 at 14:04 | Report abuse |
  11. skeptical

The medical community has a track record of pushing medications and procedures without fully knowing the consequences, they have increased substantially the recommended medicines, vaccines and procedures, and they're charging us exponentially more for all of it. And they're surprised people are turning this down? Something has to change–people are starting to not take ANY of it seriously anymore, and that will eventually trickle down to the ability to protect people from very lethal threats for which the patent has expired on the treatment.

July 26, 2013 at 15:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Jeffery

Daughter took shots in College, and has been plagued with problems known to be associated with the shots but rarely revealed or mentioned. Chronic yeast infections and bacterial infections associated with breakdown of immune system. I would never recommend these shots until further testing.

July 27, 2013 at 02:57 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lo

Pretty sure that's just your daughter getting other STDs.

July 29, 2013 at 20:02 | Report abuse |
  13. Me

I should have got it when I was under 23 because it was free for me then, but I just thought "Eh not right now, next time." Now it's what, $80 per shot? I just remember it being expensive when my gyno recommended it... :(

I'll have to shell out the cash eventually.

July 28, 2013 at 13:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Jeff

It is child abuse to not get your kids this vaccine. There is no wiggle room. You're kids should be taken away from you if you can't take the most basic steps you have to as a parent to protect your children.

July 28, 2013 at 15:04 | Report abuse | Reply
    • E

I agree it is child abuse to not vaccinate your kids however this particular vaccine has no proven track record, little non biased research but it does prevent a highly curable cancer (up to 98%) in females. When vaccines became a regular part of childhood it was to prevent dire diseases. This vaccine will not replace regular female checkups and will give some women a false sense of security that they don't need pap smears. Guess what? It is still recommended even with the HPV shot. Hmmm.

August 1, 2013 at 03:11 | Report abuse |
    • HH

Child abuse is too strong an accusation. No medical procedure should be mandatory.

I lost part of my hearing from a DPT vax.

August 1, 2013 at 11:08 | Report abuse |
  15. click here now

Suffer from kidney disease? improve your kidney health naturally
    click here now https://twitter.com/soniaw17/status/353268126143623168

July 28, 2013 at 22:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Angie

It is just another poison to put into our bodies that God never intended to have in there. As for child abuse if you choose to not have your children get it..HA. I choose to not have my girls get it because I am protecting them. It is bad enough that the food we eat the air we breathe is dangerous and unhealthy due to "speedy" fixes to make things last so this is one thing that I can choose to not put in there bodies. I didn't have this vaccine and I am fine and so is more that half the people I know. Research it and you will find there is way more bad then good with this vaccine..don't be a test dummie for the Pharm companys.

July 31, 2013 at 22:31 | Report abuse | Reply
    • protoguy

I didn't have the chance for this vaccine and I got cancer. Your logic is faulty.

July 31, 2013 at 22:47 | Report abuse |
  17. protoguy

It's for males too.

I'm tired of this being mentioned in passing like it doesn't matter. Men get cancer too.

July 31, 2013 at 22:46 | Report abuse | Reply
    • AmberF

Since there's no reliable test for men, men are typically the carriers. The statistics are so high that it seems everyone will be a carrier at some point, and the problems caused can kill both men and women. Vaccines should be mandatory.

August 16, 2013 at 09:32 | Report abuse |
  18. Nurse

Look up a pelvic exenteration surgery which is sometimes a needed procedure for cervical cancer patients and then decide if you don't want the vaccine. We should bring awareness to the fact that this can happen to people.

August 1, 2013 at 05:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Christy

When the pill came out, women were dropping like flies because the doses were too high and they hadn't properly tested it.
    When the 1970's IUD's came out, same thing, lots of problems, lots of women hurt.
    So when you're talking about a vaccination that is only recommended for girls and hasn't been around that long, I can see why some parents are a bit leary of making their daughters gunea pigs. Frankly, I'm thankful that my kids won't be old enough for this vaccine for another few years, because it's going to take several more years worth of data before I'm convinced it's safe.

August 1, 2013 at 16:56 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mike

Would it not be just as effective if they gave it to all the MALES? That way there is no risk for girls to get serious side effects.

August 15, 2013 at 04:15 | Report abuse |
  20. Spirit

I'm surprised at the number of comments on here that talk about experiencing horrible things after receiving the vaccine... four of my friends and I received it. Aside from the initial pain from the shot, there were no other symptoms. I think the typhoid vaccine hurt more than HPV.

August 2, 2013 at 17:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. JakeT

It's ironic that anyone who is remotely critical in any way of any type of vaccination – regardless of how reasonable their concerns may be – is automatically labeled as an irrational nut job, but those who subscribe to the Church of the Holy Vaccination – who treat all vaccinations as a holy gift from God – are instantly deemed Smarter than Everybody Else. Gardisil is a money maker. It costs $360 per treatment. It does not protect against all forms of HPV. No one knows how long the limited protection will last. Yet I am told that I must vaccinate my boys now with Gardisil to provide an unknown level of protection against cervical cancer to a hypothetical girlfriend sometime in the future. Stupid question: Shouldn't kids be using condoms anyhow, what with AIDS and all?

August 5, 2013 at 09:04 | Report abuse | Reply
    • momof2

HPV is present on the exterior of private areas and therefore can be transmitted without actually having sex. A condom will not help in this case.

August 9, 2013 at 16:03 | Report abuse |
    • AmberF

It can be transmitted by touch, and also carried in the mouth. This can spread to small children by sharing drinking straws.

August 16, 2013 at 09:34 | Report abuse |
  22. shawbrooke

Such notes are nothing but useless hand wringing until a bit of effort is spent to figure out the characteristics of those getting and not getting the vaccine. IF those not getting the vaccine are also those not having sex, then stop worrying. More than half of young women do not have sex while in high school. They know they have time. If not getting the vaccine is more common among those having sex, there's a problem.

The vaccine affects only 70% of the known strains of HPV in the first place, and data on the percentage of cancers caused by those strains is not frequently available. if at all. So chill people, or before you know it, it will be cool NOT to vaccinate.

August 13, 2013 at 02:13 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Arrow Durfee

this vaccine has proved to be life threatening and is now banned in some other countries. Tell Sanjay Gupta to get busy reporting on RSO, (Rick Simpson Oil) which can cure most cancer. If he intends to be truth sayer he should not leave behind the most important story of all regarding medical marijuana. Go to the website called phoenixtears which is a dot com and go to you tube and watch the films called Cannabis Cures Cancer, Run From The Cure and What If Cannabis Cured Cancer. Come on Sanjay! Dying people everywhere are waiting for you to speak the whole truth!

August 14, 2013 at 11:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Mike

I heard there could be serious side effects for girls getting this so an easy solution if it is just as effective is to give it to all the MALES! That way there is no risk for girls to get serious side effects.

August 15, 2013 at 04:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Kyra Draft

I like this web site very much, Its a real nice spot to read and obtain information. "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." by Saint Augustine.

August 20, 2013 at 10:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. C K

This vaccine is nothing but pharmaceutical companies, Merck to be specific. Trying to make as much money as they can. There is so much misinformation regarding Gardasil, including that it will protect you from cervical cancer. The vaccine only protects against 4 strains of HPV virus. None of which are linked to serious forms of cervical cancer. I think it's very stupid of people to actually trust that what they are doing to these young girls is safe, especially with the limited research. They've even admitted that it does just about nothing to protect you. It's a completely unnecessary risk. More people die from the flu then to cervical cancer every year.

August 20, 2013 at 21:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Lowell

Gardasil-The Real Truth

November 6, 2013 at 21:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Lowell

Gardasil-The Real Truth

SANE Vax Inc. Discovers Potential Biohazard Contaminant in Merck’s Gardasil™ HPV 4 Vaccine

November 6, 2013 at 21:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Blinds Johanessbug

We have amazing style of blinds,curtains,bed sheets,pillows,sofa setting and have great designs of interior designs so we have offered many colours for bed sheets and have sexy and hot blinds and curtains themes.

February 14, 2014 at 02:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Blinds Johanessbug

February 20, 2014 at 02:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Panel Beaters

your blog is very nice i really like this

February 22, 2014 at 08:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Top 10 Websites Companies

your post is very nice i really like this

March 13, 2014 at 03:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Blinds Johanessbug

March 18, 2014 at 00:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Sergey

What do people think would be a good blog hosting website for creating a blog on? There are a lot I think so I don't know which would be most useful and versatile..

May 4, 2014 at 23:45 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. School Wear

It’s a highly nice experience to visit your posting which has enhanced my knowledge about this point. And we are leading Manufacturers and Wholesalers of Quality School wear Garments in Johannesburg. Best Wishes by A-Wear.

July 22, 2014 at 11:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Alice

I won't be either.

July 25, 2013 at 20:32 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. mel

yeah, cause those two websites are sooooo not one sided. Please post factual scientific data (peer reviewed) to support arguments and not someone's oped piece they wrote for a politically one-sided website.

July 25, 2013 at 20:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. mel

I'm not saying there isn't validity to any claims, but it is really annoying when people can't do their own research and rely on those with a political slant to tell them what to think.....and then post those opinions as if they are fact.

July 25, 2013 at 20:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Alice

@ Me, honestly, what do you care if someone gets cancer other than someone in your own family? Unless you are a health care provider, seriously, mind your own business. It is not your business what people decide to do with their own bodies.

July 25, 2013 at 21:25 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Dennis Kaas

As parent you should only allow doctors/science to tell you about diseases and vaccins as well as their side effects or if they work or not, if anyone could proof scientificly those vaccins don't work or harm children the companies involved will be sued into bankrupcy and if it's done on purpose to make profits the people involved into jail.

If you chooce to listen to deniers , pastors , political arguements ect. ect. it can cost your child his life and your responsible imho as parent even worse your child could pass the disease to another

July 25, 2013 at 21:32 | Report abuse | Reply
  41. BeadlesAz

Alice – it is our business. First, because we all pay for the treatment. That is how insurance works. Shared risk. Insurance premiums are based on the cost of coverage. This of course assumes the person has insurance. if not, we pay the whole tab. Secondly, everyone has the potential to contribute to our society. It is sad when that life is cut short for no reason.'any man's death diminishes me....', John Donne.

July 25, 2013 at 21:35 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. theala

Those sites are twisting the actual truth of the matter. Gardasil only vaccinations against a few specific forms of the HPV virus, but it vaccinates against ones KNOWN to cause cervical cancer, and ones known to cause genital warts, which in some cases can cause obstruction of the urethra or the anus. It greatly reduces risk of STD transmission and development of this disease.

There is no reason not to vaccinate against HPV, and plenty of reasons to want to.

July 25, 2013 at 22:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  43. An epidemiologist

It sure as heck is when my insurance rates go up, if we have the same insurer. Unless you plan on paying all cash, which unfortunately in this day and age nearly impossible due to medical costs (another different subject), the costs of treatment for your family will come from he general pool of those also insured by your company. The company can't then make any profits until the pool is replenished, meaning we all have to pay. For your personal choices. So before you take off that seatbelt and stop those vaccines, let me make sureI'm not insured by the same company as you.

July 26, 2013 at 00:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Seriously

You are kidding, right? "What do you care if someone gets cancer other than someone in your own family?" Well aside from the fact that I don't like seeing a fellow human being suffering, how about the fact that I have to pay for their cancer care? That's right. Either through my medicare taxes, or through increased insurance premiums, I pay more when someone else gets cancer rather than take a cheap vaccine. And if they're uninsured – well I still pay – since hospitals make up for the uninsured by charging the rest of us more. But seriously, you can't be asking if I care if someone I don't know suffers a needless, senseless, miserable disease / death. I care and you should to.

July 26, 2013 at 12:11 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. JohnC

by that logic, why do you even care if they ARE in your own family? Why is family the magic dividing line for caring?

July 26, 2013 at 12:26 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. ivy

History goes to show the legalized drug pushers don't go to jail when unsafe vaccines are put out in the market. Check out some reports the federal govt had to give to NVIC National Vaccine Information Center. The drug pushers buddy at the FDA years ago knew a vaccine was infected monkey virus in 1960. Instead of jail time FDA workers have been known to get hired on with the very same drug companies they "regulated". http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Polio-SV40/BLFTestimonySV40.aspx

July 26, 2013 at 03:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Jasmine

There is a moral issue with this and I applaude any teen who decides to not get vaccine and to not have sex and to wait until they are married. I know thre are alot of parents and teens who feel the same way. Just because everyone else it doing it doesn't make it right. This study is not scientific fact, and sometimes vaccines can do more harm than good.

July 26, 2013 at 13:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  48. bankrupt due to student loans

"peer reviewed" isn't much to get excited about either.

July 26, 2013 at 03:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Parent

As an epidemiologist, would you vaccine your children? just curious since the doctors seem to promote the vaccine with the same fears as an epidemic

July 26, 2013 at 06:03 | Report abuse | Reply