home
RSS
Lance Armstrong: 'It's time to move forward'
Lance Armstrong during the 2005 Tour de France
August 30th, 2012

Lance Armstrong: 'It's time to move forward'

A new video from Lance Armstrong doesn’t mention the word “doping,” but reinforces the cyclist’s commitment to the fight against cancer amid the latest chapter in a saga of allegations.

“It’s time to move forward,” he says in a video posted on the Livestrong website. “It’s time to talk about a different fight.”

Livestrong is the popular brand name of the Lance Armstrong Foundation, which Armstrong founded in 1997 to promote cancer awareness.

A testicular cancer survivor, Armstrong gave the keynote speech for the UICC World Cancer Congress in Montreal Wednesday. He reiterated a sentiment from the speech in the video: “I refuse to be distracted. This organization refuses to be distracted.”

Armstrong has repeatedly denied allegations of illegal doping, but announced last week he would give up his fight against these charges. He could lose the seven Tour de France titles he’s racked up if the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has its way, although other groups are questioning the agency’s authority.

Livestrong was flooded with supportive messages and calls in the wake of these developments, president and CEO Doug Ulman told CNN.

“Ultimately we have to go on down the road and continue to fight this disease with all of our passion, all of our hard work, and all of our partners, and that includes you,” Armstrong said in the video.

1. Sly

Looks like this roider's head grew about 5 sizes.

Lance, no one wants to hear a cheater. You were caught red-handed, now just fess up.

Slimebucket. Just like Roger Clemons.

August 30, 2012 at 16:58 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chuck

Show me where his positive tests are and I might believe you.

August 30, 2012 at 17:10 | Report abuse |
    • DGS

UUHHH ... Sly. he wasn't caught redhanded. He passed every test given him durign all seven of his TDF victorys which numbered in the hundreds

August 30, 2012 at 17:30 | Report abuse |
    • DMoney

Sly has downs, doesn't know how to read/research. Never tested positive, haters gonna hate.

August 30, 2012 at 17:37 | Report abuse |
    • Yawn

Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantel, Ty Cobb, Kirby Pucket, Kent Hrbek, Greg Lemond, Derek Jeter, Cy Young the list goes on – all dopers. Some are caught, some – there was no test, some are smart. Look at the women and men in the Olympics. Do you think all of them having acne breakouts is a coincidence? Who cares as long as they entertain. Calling someone a cheater is hypocritical – you've never taken a shortcut? On anything? I'll continue to support Lance regardless – he is still the greatest cyclist ever and Babe Ruth is the best baseball player ever.

August 30, 2012 at 17:45 | Report abuse |
    • ComeOnMan9

well can I be a hater and a medical technologist and trust me I knows how to beat any kinds of drug tests. Get with my vernacular and get schooled prilgrims. Lance is guilty as home made sin.

August 30, 2012 at 18:14 | Report abuse |
    • Ron77

who cares?

August 30, 2012 at 18:18 | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

It is true he took hundreds of drug tests but don’t think it is true he passed them all. He came up with an after-the-fact therapeutic use exemption on one occasion and in the 1999 Tour he tested positive, but they didn’t find it until 2003 because they didn’t have the test for it. The lab saved the urine samples and I think six of his samples were positive for EPO.

August 30, 2012 at 19:27 | Report abuse |
    • pockets

Now he is involved in the CANCER BUSINESS, and its BIG business. Billions of dollars are raised and more money spent on "Advertising" and Raising Money than on Research itself. They cannot Afford to find a cure for this disease, there is to much money to be made.

August 30, 2012 at 19:29 | Report abuse |
    • Taylor

I am a testicular cancer survivor. I am also a cyclist, and fortunate enough in this life to have 4 great kids, a wife I adore and my own business that has made me more money than I ever thought possible. I have watched over the years my share of big Euro races, and stood in awe as the great ones made it look too easy. So easy that I have always believed that they were all doped up. As my business grew and did better I gave money back in various ways, cancer; as a guy with only one ball left, got it's fair share, but I could never give to Livestrong because I believed Armstrong was a doper. One of the better feelings in life is confirmation that you went with your gut and it was the right call. You can give plenty of money to all kinds of charities and all kinds of cancer related charities in an effort to help, but I would ask you all to think twice about giving to Livestrong. My gut told me he was a doper and know I feel that I was right. If the front man is a cheat and a liar, than I find it difficult to believe in the organization. Fight cancer always, it will effect all of us in one way or another, but why trust your money to Livestrong when there are other places that were not founded by a liar and a cheat.

I am full of hope that cancer will become a disease that was cured and I ask everyone to give to cancer in an effort to rid the world of this disease, but take off your stupid yellow wrist band and send the money to a charity that does not have a face man with huge speaking fees, pedaling you his latest book or his limited edition bike or for that matter, yellow anything.

August 30, 2012 at 21:08 | Report abuse |
    • Margeaux

Sly, absolutely right. People have very short memories. Remember Marion Jones? Do your homework people – millions more are spent on cheating the system than cleaning it up. I guess people want a hero so badly that they are willing to overlook a cheater. Lance knew they had something on him so he backed off. Lance could have sent his lawyers to deal with this, but he knows they have enough to prove him a cheater. Typical spin guy, what he has done is backed off so no "official", "public" proof is out there. Now his comments will switch from " I never tested positive" to "They never proved anything." Of course they can't publicly prove anything because he has pulled the plug on any investigation under the guise of he is tired of defending himself. Wow, got to hand it to him. Well played, but still a cheater and liar. Oh, and the truth will come out whether there is a public investigation or not.

August 30, 2012 at 21:26 | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Every single test they gave him, he passed. He was tested so much more than any other cyclist, period. So explain to me, if he was tested so much and never found "dirty" how they justify taking away his wins based on heresay? In that case, EVERY single tour win for the last 20 years would have to be taken away from the winner because we cannot rely on the validity of their testing.

August 30, 2012 at 21:45 | Report abuse |
    • Margeaux

Mark, But he WAS found dirty and thus the charges against him. Just because they are not revealed because he has shut down the investigation doesn't mean that the doping didn't exist. Look, as an athlete myself, I want to believe the guy, but I'm afraid I can't. He's been busted and knows he has. As I said, well played on his part. Instead of submitting to the investigation, he has opted out of that and has allowed public opinion to be his judge and jury. He knows there are people simple enough to accept that nothing official means nothing is there. Some of us our better educated than that.

August 30, 2012 at 21:56 | Report abuse |
    • EUMIR

It's ok folks... Sly was referring to Lance's dick head. He's secretly attracted to Mr. Armstrong.

August 30, 2012 at 22:09 | Report abuse |
    • Ty

Yeah, those 500+ clean tests with no failed test were as good as a smoking gun.

August 30, 2012 at 22:30 | Report abuse |
    • Lone wolf

Get real hater! The man has not failed one test. What have you accomplished in your life? You couldn't even carry his jock strap.

August 30, 2012 at 22:43 | Report abuse |
    • Leo

That's the problem... he was NOT caught. They never had a positive test. They've been TRYING to catch him for years (jealous much?), and failing. He was tired of being constantly hassled. There's only so much fighting a person can do.

August 31, 2012 at 07:48 | Report abuse |
    • Leroy

"They" had undeniable evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I find the accusers of Lance as credible.

October 17, 2012 at 15:29 | Report abuse |
  2. GAK

Let's take to word of caught and admitted cheaters who will take anyone down with them over a someone who has NEVER tested positive by the USADA's OWN tests.. Who will label a man a lier annd cheat but can't porduce one positive blood test in the 500+ bolld tests Lance has been given. And like Clemmons was never proven by Congress to have lied or cheated in front of them, who was tried several times and never convicted. We are to take at face value one of his teammates who caught re-handed is trying to take with him everyone on the team??? I don't think so,desparate peolpe trry to blame everyone but themselves to move attention elsewhere. I think Lance has said enough is enough with the USADA, He won't get a fair hearing and their minds are made up, So he has siad you(the USADA) is not worth my time anymore..

August 30, 2012 at 17:15 | Report abuse | Reply
    • P.Moore

GAK,

Your argument might hold weight if it were readable.

August 30, 2012 at 17:49 | Report abuse |
    • Lancefan1000

Folks. If you want to support Lance on the weight of his accomplishments I take no issue. But if you are drinking the kool-aid of a USADA witchhunt with no credible evidence then you are deluded. Lance was represented by the legal team equivalent of the USPS and Radioshack time trial team. If they thought they had a legitimate legal card to play to beat these allegations then rest assured it would have been played. He was lucky to avoid federal indictment but believe me after careful consideration his legal team concluded that a trial/arbitration would result in conclusive and irrefutable evidence that Lance doped. Listen, by all means and passion you can support him as a remarkable human but as a human, fallible. But please don't do it on the misguided and uninformed belief that there was not credible and admissible evidence of his doping. That is a fiction.

August 30, 2012 at 23:18 | Report abuse |
  3. Tony

Until there is a positive test by the USADA, there is NO PROOF. It's all heresay.

August 30, 2012 at 17:28 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lancefan1000

The word is hearsay and not heresay. And the evidence is, in fact and law, not hearsay. It is eye witness testimony of personal observations and entirely admissible evidence in Court or an arbitration. Lance played his card in federal court in TX, the most friendly forum he would ever find, and he lost. He didn't give up because the USADA is corrupt or improperly motivated he gave up because he was facing overwhelming testimony from former teammates, perhaps even friends, who said they saw him take blood transfusions, EPO, and steroids. It is fine to support the man. He has accomplished a lot. But people are convicted of crimes everyday in this country on exactly the type of evidence Lance was facing. If you want to look to the future and give him a pass on the past you won't get an argument from me but you have to call a spade a spade. I think people would have been more supportive of a fess up than a cover up but when someone has lived a lie so long it is a lot to expect a fess up. Simply a character issue.

August 30, 2012 at 22:56 | Report abuse |
  4. Skibo112

Of course he was juicing! How else could he have ridden his bike from France to the moon?

August 30, 2012 at 17:37 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Peacefulguy

I thought that was his brother Neil?

August 30, 2012 at 17:43 | Report abuse |
    • 5 O'Clock

No, that was his cousin Louis

August 30, 2012 at 17:57 | Report abuse |
  5. Sly

When Jose Canseco said 75% of MLB players used PED's, EVERYONE laughed and denied it. Now we all know. Yes, Hank Aaron did speed/meth, Ryan Braun did PED's, so did Roger Clemens. I suspect Barry Bonds did also, although never proven. And yes, so did Melky and so did Lance Armstrong.

I'm sure there are Clemens and Braun and Armstrong fans that want to be in denial ... but sorry, I think old Joser was right about the 75%, and I think the dozens testifying againest Armstrong are right as well.

Braun/Clemens/Armstrong/Melky=CHEATERS. Yes, sometimes the CHEATERS are nice guys.

What's all the cr-p about the tests? As we know, the drugs that Braun took will cause a huge spike for a day (from normal 6% to over 25% in his case) and then are almost undetectable the next day.

August 30, 2012 at 17:40 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Greg

So what you're saying, is that since there's no proof, he must be guilty.

August 30, 2012 at 17:54 | Report abuse |
    • Sly

Looks like there is a lot of proof. Almost all of his ex-teamates, confiscated drug tests.

The guy Roided. So did Bonds, and we all know there was no proof there either. So did Clemens, and he got off as well.

Lance did it. Now, let's move on.

August 30, 2012 at 18:18 | Report abuse |
  6. gnlgrl

So one of the drugs they mentioned was erythropoetin. This is a drug that is given for anemia. I work with dialysis patients and this is very common as they have low iron stores. It is also given to people with cancer. Lance Armstrong had cancer and that makes perfect sense to me. Since he also had cancer that affected his reproductive organs he most likely would have had to supplement with something such as testosterone. This, yes I know, would technically be considered a 'performance enhancing drug' to people who OVERUSE it, but what about those that truly need it? Should all athletes disregard their health because they might get popped by the USADA? They should really be looking at people optimal levels of hormones and such to get an idea of who is abusing what.

August 30, 2012 at 17:40 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Juls1314

It makes perfect sense if Armstrong tested positive for EOP in 1996 and 1997 while he was undergoing treatment for cancer.
      It does not make sense that 6 of his urine samples tested positive for EOP in 1999, nor does it make sense that his urine sample tested positive for EPO in 2001 during the Tour de Suisse.

August 30, 2012 at 20:27 | Report abuse |
  7. BPM

He's dirty in the dirtiest of all sports. The biggest fraud in the history of sports. He quit the fight. Mr. never quit. Why? Because 10 former teammates including his rt hand man were lined up ready to testify Lance is a fraud! So now they can't go after his cash cow charity which barely a dime has gone to cancer research but to cancer awareness! which is another term for Lance awareness. He's a fraud and you are foolish to believe anything else

August 30, 2012 at 17:42 | Report abuse | Reply
    • akismet-e6748cca3a16ea6e8283008d25583adc

And your proof that he's dirty is.... what? That OTHER cyclists who actually did test positive said he was dirty? That's reliable. 600 career tests, which works out to about one every 5 days or so while he was riding professionally. And not one positive test. Think he beat the tests? Then how is it that he alone was beating tests while HUNDREDS of other professional cyclists were being caught.

Just because I stand among criminals does not make me a criminal. Don't lump Armstrong in with other cheaters until you get me some actual proof.

August 30, 2012 at 18:18 | Report abuse |
    • daexion

The USADA cannot go after his finances or any charity he started no matter what they do. Also, the USADA turned the whole thing into a "he said, she said" debacle that Lance decided wasn't worth his time, and he had every right to do so. Hell, they wouldn't even tell him what they had against him or who was going to testify.

The USADA's intent had nothing to do with Lance Armstrong anyway, he was simply a convenient target in this case. What they wanted to do was prove that they could "catch the cheaters", and what they ultimately proved was they would go to any lengths to win and that they were just as bad as the people they want to catch. Now they want other organizations to bow to them and submit to their demands. "We believe person X is a cheater, do what we tell you to do to them."

I hope the UCI ignores the USADA's demand and sends them packing.

The irony is that no one knows if the person Lance beat was doping, so if the wins are taken away they end up going to someone who, most likely, doped, but the USADA doesn't actually care because it's all about who can call the shots with them and making people do what they want when they want, not about who's been doping.

October 11, 2012 at 20:02 | Report abuse |
  8. Dynamic

The USADA is a scam outfit run by a crook with a grudge. The ability to retest blood samples for evidence of doping YEARS AFTER THE ORIGINAL TESTS – is not possible.

August 30, 2012 at 17:44 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dr.Cole

I personally want to know of the safe guards that are in place that would ensure the sample was not tampered with, nor that it was mixed up. Personally knowing one of Lance's team physicians, I can tell you that Lance was subject to various doping agencies coming to his house at all times of the day and night to get sample tests. Lance has had a bullseye on him for years, all because some scientists say that his performance is beyond physical capacity. Funny thing about this is that scientists used to also say that man couldn't run a mile faster than 4 minutes. Sports psychologists know that what Lance did in races is a potential. We also know that various rehabilitation techniques allowed for substantially shortened healing times. The scientific community needs to re-evaluate the "limitations of man", since this is where much of the witch hunt has stemmed from. As a physician, coach and scientist, I know that there is far more to human performance than we currently know along with potentially never know. We can not claim that a human can't perform beyond a specific level, since we are discovering more of the brain's potential every day.

August 30, 2012 at 19:34 | Report abuse |
    • Olaf Big

Yes, that's the biggest problem with this story. It's a mess that won't be resolved. And that's bad for a wonderful sport that bicycle road racing is. On one side, a guy who does not want to fight for his legacy, which alone, is pretty much an admission of guilt. On the other – a shady agency with ill-defined powers that nobody trusts. That being said, retesting urine samples years or decades after they were taken is undoubtedly possible and the results are reliable if the samples were stored frozen, as I understand they were.

August 30, 2012 at 23:28 | Report abuse |
  9. rhum bum

Lance is one of my hero's.

But there is no doubt he cheated, as did the rest of the peloton in the 90's. The race is a 3 week race that ends up being decided by a minute or two or less than 0.1%. Epogen, testosterone and GH work, maybe by up to 10%. It is not humanly possible for a rider to compete against a comparable rider who is taking these drugs, let alone consistently beat them. And it was not one team mate who testified against him, it was virtually all of them, as well as his mechanic. It is comical to think that Lance, clean, could have competed against 200 cyclists on Epogen, juice and GH and consistently beaten them all.

That said, who cares. They were nearly all cheating, so I would like to think it was as level of a playing field as possible. I believe he would have won if they were all clean, but that was not the decade.

August 30, 2012 at 17:54 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dr. Edward C. Holmes, Chiropractor

It is possible; read this: Appl Physiol 98: 2191–2196, 2005

August 30, 2012 at 18:17 | Report abuse |
    • rhum bum

Interesting article, but that happens to every elite athlete in a cardio sport. That is why you see 30 year olds winning the tour, not 20 year olds (as well as the psychological aspect).

I ride and I doped. A elite clean cyclist cannot beat another elite cyclist who is using Epo, juice and GH. Impossible. Can't be done. And the majority, if not all, of peloton was dirty at that time. If I recall correctly, Jan was more gifted physiologically, had a higher VO2 max and was doping. And Lance whooped him.

August 30, 2012 at 20:31 | Report abuse |
    • KM

Disappointing, but obvious. Some people are ignorant about doping (marion jones, prime example) and all it comes down to is $ and entertainment. Being prominent in the bodybuilding community, there are "tested" and "untested" shows, where the "untested shows" are just as unclean as the former. But anyways, to my point, there was a level playing field since they all did. he was still the best of the dopers – lol – so turn it into bodybuilding and say "whatever" to it, no testing, and let these people openly go at it.

October 22, 2012 at 13:35 | Report abuse |
  10. Rob

Bless your heart Lance. We are with you man. You are still our seven time champ and hero!

August 30, 2012 at 18:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. giveupmedalswhenyouwinthemwhywait

If I were to win a race, I would give the trophy back immediately. Smashing it on the ground and sending the pieces to the asses who took away Lances winnings. Why wait for 500 blood tests?

I think all winners of upcoming races should do that.

August 30, 2012 at 18:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. MJSouth

I don't care. He won 7 tours!

August 30, 2012 at 18:08 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sly

Fair enough, he did. And Bonds hit more homers than Aaron.

I guess the playing fields were pretty level though, as the other bikers and all the pitchers were also PED.

August 30, 2012 at 18:20 | Report abuse |
  13. SLC

Non-news. He has moved on, so should we.

August 30, 2012 at 18:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Joe

Leaders Lead. Don't look back!

August 30, 2012 at 18:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. more2bits

They should rename the old adage 'Liar Liar Pants of Fire' to 'Lance Lance Pants of Fire'. Means the same thing.

August 30, 2012 at 18:37 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Blondie

Can we give it rest already? REI, c'mon and pull down all those oversized posters of him on his bike zooming accross mount everest already.

August 30, 2012 at 19:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Brian

The issue is that Lance Armstrong passed every test and the only evidence USADA has is to say that a couple tests that he passed were also consistent with someone who cheats. Think about that. If we used that logic in the legal system we would put away a lot of innocent people. Taking trading stocks. Let's lock up people who make over 500% profit in a stock. I can't prove they are trading on insider information but it's consistent with the returns of people who do. That's good enough for USADA.

August 30, 2012 at 19:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Brian

USADA is also relying on witness testimony but the problem is that they are offering benefits if they do. Police get in trouble for this but USADA's not held to these standards. It goes like this. I catch you cheating but if you happen to know anything about Lance I will make this worth your while. Then the person makes up something on Lance. What's the downside. From a game theory stand point it's worth it for the person to try to get away with providing false information if it benefits them.

August 30, 2012 at 19:32 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Junky

The sport that it is most prevalent in is football. I played college and a little pro and guarantee that about 75% of the lineman take it. You know why? Because it makes you so much bigger, stronger, faster and more aggressive, all of the things that you need at that level to make the team and feed your family. This is the 800 pound gorilla in the room. I played with guys that were 225 and bench pressing 350lbs turn into solid 245 lbs and benching 425 in just a few months. It's all over the NFL.

August 30, 2012 at 19:34 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. john f

Funny how everyone calls him a cheat but he passed the tests.... yet the very people he beat that finished second, third etc... failed their tests... if they were all doping then it was fair and the wins should stay... but again... Lance passed his tests... he has moved on... so should they.

August 30, 2012 at 19:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. dogonabone

YEA! MOVIN' ON! The USADA's witch hunt of Lance Armstrong was only to legitimize their reason to exist. USADA; your tax dollars at work.

August 30, 2012 at 19:54 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. the_dude

This should be fairly simple......have your undenyable proof.....show it to the world.....case closed....

August 30, 2012 at 19:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Joe

everybody thinks he is a hero because he beat cancer and won the tour de france. Did everybody forget greg lemond? the guy got shot and had pellets within an inch of his heart AND still won the tour de france...and he doesn't go around whining about it. Lance is an ordinary guy who had a bad disease and won some bicycle races...that's all. If we are going to raise the bar to athletes who are hero, lets consider all the Olympians in the paralympics. They are the real heroes. One of them even ran in the Olympics and Paralympics. Lance pales in comparison to them.

August 30, 2012 at 21:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Joe

This is enough to make me questions his credibility.

August 30, 2012 at 21:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  25. bikeboy2ya

He promotes the use of Chanca Piedra on his site. It is used to clean blood and urine of chemicals and normal body fluids.

Chanca Piedra does indeed clean blood of performance enhancing drugs.

Google it. Read about Chanca Piedra.

He also use Chanca Piedra for cancer! Google that one.

Chanca Piedra has been use for decades by pilots, police and others to eliminate drug signs from the urine.

I use Chanca Piedra for prostrate cancer. It has been recommended for decades to soften the tissues and block against cancer cells. Google it.

He is probably guilty but, prove it.

August 30, 2012 at 21:23 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Olaf Big

Google it? How about get education and read a book. Much of what you can find on Google is not even remotely true.

August 30, 2012 at 23:49 | Report abuse |
  26. Jim

This is all funny he passed all test but yet burned, we have drug addits in all sports and even some go to Jail and come back, in good countries once this happens the names are removed forver and the person is never allowed to play again. Lance was never busted. Paralympics does have heroes but that was from WAR no need to compare they are all winners for just getting out.

August 30, 2012 at 21:24 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Skeptic

LiveStrong raised $500 million last year. Even if Lance Armstrong allocates only 10% of that to himself, he's among the highest paid CEO in America.

August 30, 2012 at 21:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Chris R

Armstrong was victorious over hundreds of other cheaters/ The cyclist who finished 23rd at the Tour de France is one of the few guys who is proven clean. 2nd – 22nd are proven cheaters. 1st place, not a cheater? Ignorance is bliss.

August 30, 2012 at 21:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. That's Dope!

"Raise the cancer shields! Set the propaganda guns to kill."

August 30, 2012 at 21:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. escher7

Face it, even if Lance did dope he still beat the number two guys all of whom were also doping. So if he was clean, he beat the dopers. If he was not, he was just playing the game like everyone else. I don't believe a little blood doping can turn a smuck into a world champion. Armstrong is the best cyclist ever, period.

August 30, 2012 at 21:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Mickie McWilliams

As a renal cell carcinoma survivor and having lost the love of my life to pancreatic cancer, I am thankful for all the work Mr. Armstrong has done for the cancer cause. However, I feel as if he has pulled the wool over the world's eyes when it comes to his cycling career. I'm not sure I trust his intentions any longer.

August 30, 2012 at 22:04 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. noteaparty4me

I wonder how "testimony from a questionable character" can wreak so much havoc upon a man's life. I too was flabbergasted that testimony alone could cause so much trouble. Maybe I missed the positive drug tests part.

August 30, 2012 at 23:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. sbmorrison

Still LYING STRONG, I read. Your embarrassing. Please stop talking. Your doping days are done.

Go Peddle your Denials in Area 51.

August 30, 2012 at 23:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Bike girl

@taylor I'm a biker I'm a breast cancer survivor I have two great kids and all the money I need. (whatever that last bit was supposed to mean.)I could care less about whether he doped or not. I care a hell of a lot about what he did for people who have cancer. Like maybe making people more AWARE of cancer then just about any other organization I can think of. The MILLIONS of stupid yellow wrist bands you want people to throw away prove the impact of livestrong Think with you brain not with your gut when you are talking cancer buddy

August 30, 2012 at 23:28 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Olaf Big

According to some estimates, half of us is going to get cancer some time during our lives. You still think we need an organization to raise our awareness of cancer???

August 30, 2012 at 23:42 | Report abuse |
    • Bike girl

All the more reason. Just because you and I know that half of all men and one third of all women are going to get some form of cancer in their lifetime doesn't mean most people do. Educating people about their risks and the choices they have for screening and treatment doesn't seem to have much of a downside in my opinion. Knowledge is power.

August 31, 2012 at 00:43 | Report abuse |
  35. TomN

While it may be technically accurate to say that LanceA never tested positive, I get the distinct feeling that he's probably shading the truth to some extent, maybe quite a lot. The same for Bill Clinton who was technically accurate in saying he "never had sex" with Monica, but as we learned, that also was shading the truth–no sexual intercourse perhaps, but a lot of stuff was going on nevertheless.

August 31, 2012 at 00:03 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Barry Todd

Hi TomN: Great points but I have to say 500 tests and not even 1 positive- I rest my case,,, Be careful driving tonight!

August 31, 2012 at 03:34 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Evidence

Let me refer you to this page https://www.facebook.com/EvidenceAgainstLanceArmstrong

September 1, 2012 at 09:46 | Report abuse |
  37. Agrav8td

Is (or why isn't) the US Anti-Doping Agency going after MLB players?? OMG, they would have a field day there.

September 1, 2012 at 13:03 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. tdsd

Move forward after you have served time.

September 2, 2012 at 07:47 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. obat jantung

Useful info. Fortunate me I found your website accidentally, and I'm surprised why this twist of fate did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

September 5, 2012 at 14:20 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Opinion10112012

If Lance did all he is accused of doing he would have been guilty just by the needle tracks that would have had to be all over his body. Ridiculous. We can't accept that there is really a guy that good. And we have a bureaucrat justifying his job. Blah, blah, blah.

October 11, 2012 at 15:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  41. David Cook

People who still believe Lance Armstrong is innocent still believe in Santa Claus. Take an hour of your time and read part of the "Reasoned Decision" and/or affidavits and who signed them. You don't have to read all of it, but I guarantee you, you will not stop reading. Lance can accuse two or three people of hating him or have an axe to grind, but he cannot accuse the other 24 people/witnesses of hating him – about half are former teammates and best friends (George Hincapie et al.) and a massage therapist. Face it, Lance Armstrong is guilty and there is NO Santa Claus. Lance backed out of arbitration because the evidence is overwhelming and he cannot face his ex-teammates and friends who wrote what they knew and saw.

October 12, 2012 at 19:48 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Davidjones022

Since, EVERYONE is sooooooo smart, and seem to know something about the limits of human performance and capabilities , then how come there isn't a cure for cancer? There is NOT any drug that takes the place of HEART. Do you honestly believe IF IF IF Armstrong was doping he was the only 1 out of an entire field of roughly 180 riders for seven years? If you conclude no, then how come those people didn't win? ANSWER: THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE DISCIPLINE OR THE HEART!. People who feel threatened by another's performance will always look for a reason to quantify what they believe is their own failure. They usually point the finger at someone else as this is truly the easiest escape. JUST because you didn't win doesn't mean you lost. Learn to live with it and be happy, or get used to disappointment!!

October 17, 2012 at 11:54 | Report abuse | Reply
    • niallpatrick

well put Davidjones022 – ditto

October 17, 2012 at 12:15 | Report abuse |
  43. how can make money,money from internet,money with internet,how can earn money,money from the internet,money and internet,money by internet,how to own a business,on line money,internet marketing website,website internet marketing,how earn money online,earn

Check this out on how can i make money review.

October 17, 2012 at 15:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Magic8Ball

1) I wonder what % of the pro cyclists dope, or did so, during the 7 tour wins? If a large %, then who cares, and why "strip the wins." Even if they "strip" the wins...does anyone remember who came in 2nd (that wasn't doping)?
    2) One day he'll admit he did it; can't believe so many would testify against him and all be lying; doesn't seem logical.
    3) Does it make THAT big of a difference?
    4) Why not make it legal and save all the surveillance $ and let the best team (including the team pharmacist) win! You already strive for the best technology in those exotic bikes, why not extend the use of technology to biochemistry?! (only half kidding here)

October 18, 2012 at 10:23 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. herb

"It's time to move forward" has become standard code for "I want to change the conversation about this because I'm in deep trouble,"

October 22, 2012 at 07:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. GP

Interesting... even though the very authorities that we pay for from our tax dollars have done their jobs and have worked to keep the world safe and free from murderers and thieves, their are some who would belittle that work and continue to blindly support these so-called heroes, perhaps simply because they've invested so much of their admiration and are afraid to be wrong.

There are also some out there who still believe Hitler and OJ were not guilty. Sad.

October 22, 2012 at 11:23 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Young Highley

Most people typically work from their company's central location, a physical space where everyone from that organization gathers to exchange ideas and organize their efforts. But a few lucky souls have found ways to make money within the comfort of their own home. With the Internet, an ever-changing arena for businesses, some people looking to earn money are finding ways to do so. Some forms are best for part-time endeavors for those looking to make a little extra money on the side, while others can lead to full-time jobs and Internet success stories.'"^,

http://www.caramoan.phOur very own web-site

May 20, 2013 at 16:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Sheffer

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this issue, it might not be a taboo subject but typically folks don't speak about such subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!

October 19, 2014 at 15:32 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Garth

This paragraph provides clear idea in support of the new people of blogging, that actually how to do blogging.

October 19, 2014 at 15:52 | Report abuse | Reply