home
RSS
These parties go way beyond Tupperware
May 10th, 2012

These parties go way beyond Tupperware

Picture this: A group of female friends lounge around a living room, noshing on snacks and sipping wine. At the center of the circle, a woman gives a presentation on her wares, sharing bits of knowledge with the hope that some of the women will choose to purchase her products.

I’ve just described a typical “party plan," a marketing technique that melds a social event with direct product sales. Party plans are nothing new - Tupperware, Pampered Chef and Mary Kay have been around for decades.

What makes this scenario different is that the consultant isn’t hawking egg slicers or lipstick. Instead, she’s sharing the buzz on the latest vibrators, lubricants and other bedroom accessories.

It’s a creative, blush-free way to bring these products to women who may be squeamish or shy. But are the attendees walking away with more than just a bag of sex toys?

Sex toy parties have been around since the 1970s, although they didn’t truly begin to gain popularity until the ’80s and ’90s. These days, such get-togethers have gone mainstream, and most women I know have attended at least one, often at bachelorette parties.

It’s estimated that there are tens of thousands of consultants in this country, working for Pure Romance, Passion Parties, Intimate Expressions or one of the many other franchises.

As with other party plans, consultants give product presentations, with the host typically receiving merchandise or a discount in return. But that may be where the similarities between sex toy parties and, say, Tupperware parties end.

Sex toy parties go beyond simple commercialism and can teach women about their sexuality, according to Patty Brisben, founder of Pure Romance.

“We are not about the sale of a product - we are about the education behind it,” she says. “Our mission is to provide a very safe environment for women to learn about and discuss sex and sexuality. The bottom line is that people will not use their products if they don’t know how to use them or are intimidated.”

In fact, party-goers may rely on consultants to expand their knowledge about sexuality in general: A 2009 study by researcher Debby Herbenick and others at Indiana University’s Center for Sexual Health Promotion found that sex toy party consultants are often asked for accurate sex advice and may even have backgrounds in health or sexual education.

Similar research by the same authors, published in the November 2009 issue of Sexual Health, suggests that such parties allow women to learn more about specific topics, including increasing desire/arousal, orgasm, erection and ejaculation, and vaginal dryness and lubrication.

“Female in-home sex toy party facilitators have the potential to provide a diverse group of women with opportunities to access sexuality information, products, and communication,” they write.

While other party plans might involve testing out a recipe or demonstrating a makeover, sex toy parties tend to have greater goals. Passion Parties, for example, are primarily geared to women in couples; their mission involves fostering “passionate monogamy." Surprise Parties seeks to help women achieve sexual fulfillment. And Pure Romance focuses on female empowerment.

“Sex toy parties should be a platform for women who want to be responsible for their own sexuality,” says Brisben. “We are the place for women to start getting a better understanding of their needs, their wants, and their desires. And when you understand the mechanics of what makes you feel good and why, it allows you to know what to ask for.”

Whether you’re easily embarrassed or totally comfortable talking about your sex life, sex toy parties can be a great opportunity to chat with your girlfriends, learn something new, and become a little - or a lot - more in tune with your sexuality.

Who knows - you might even leave with a few new treats. Above all, have fun. Isn’t that what parties are all about?

1. FiveLiters

I don't get what the buzz is all about.

(see what I did there) lol

May 10, 2012 at 10:40 | Report abuse | Reply
    • ssc

LMAO

May 10, 2012 at 12:18 | Report abuse |
    • NoSoapRadio

witty....very witty

May 10, 2012 at 16:53 | Report abuse |
    • Geoff

Are you talking about that muffled buzz sound?

May 10, 2012 at 22:02 | Report abuse |
    • Beelzebub_Lord_of_Flies

It doesn't count when the original poster asks if we see what he did there. But yes, I do enjoy the sound of buzzing in the morning. Millions of transparent wings beating in harmony to ME!

May 12, 2012 at 00:34 | Report abuse |
    • Richard

"What's that buzz? Tell me what's happening? What's that buzz? Tell me what's happening?"

May 12, 2012 at 03:01 | Report abuse |
    • JCSS

Richard, you just outed our age:)

May 14, 2012 at 08:49 | Report abuse |
  2. tatatoothy

I would give anything to be able to attend one of these presentations...

May 10, 2012 at 10:51 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fantasia Re Re

Why not have one yourself? : )

May 10, 2012 at 11:53 | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Handke

It's easy to book one! Let me help you find a consultant in your area... I'm a Team Leader for Passion Parties.

May 10, 2012 at 13:23 | Report abuse |
    • NJMama

I as well but know that's not possible in my small town. I suggest you check out edenfantasys.com. They have a wide selection, detailed reviews and even staff that will answer any questions and guide you to the toy for your needs. Has brought joy to my home.

May 10, 2012 at 13:43 | Report abuse |
    • Brittany

It is the goal of Pure Romance consultants – like me – to make every woman in the room comfortable enough to enjoy herself at one of these parties. "Who says women won't be squeamish?" Any reputable consultant does. I look around the room and find which woman is shrinking into the background and carefully and tastefully empower her to take charge of her sex lives. To better her relationship with herself and her partner. Do I sell some of the hottest products on the market? Absolutely! And I do it with class. Pure Romance Parties are for every woman 🙂

May 10, 2012 at 21:35 | Report abuse |
    • Theresa N

Where are you located?! Im sure we can find a consultant in your area?!

May 11, 2012 at 11:10 | Report abuse |
    • tatatoothy

I guess I forgot to mention... I'm a dude. Although I will gladly share your information with my wife (who, yes, would be into this kind of party).

May 11, 2012 at 11:22 | Report abuse |
    • Athena's by Heidi-rose

You can attend one, even as a guy! Athena's Home Novelties offers parties for women, men, couples, and co-ed! We want to be sure that everyone has the sexual experience they deserve and gets the education they want. Go to the website http://www.athenashn.com/5439.

May 11, 2012 at 12:35 | Report abuse |
    • Beelzebub_Lord_of_Flies

As an otherwordly devil of some nobility, I am intrigued.

May 12, 2012 at 00:36 | Report abuse |
    • Dennis

Perhaps you could be on the receiving end of one of their party products.

May 12, 2012 at 14:56 | Report abuse |
    • wow

Passion Parties is a disgrace to humanity.

May 13, 2012 at 07:20 | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Well.. Why don't you? If you want, You can email me. I am an UnderCoverWear Agent and when you have an average party you get $300 in free products. With the other guys you get 10% in total sales, so with a $500 party you only get $50.00 and some 50% off items. I used to sell for Passion Parties and i switched to UCW because they offer more to the agent,the hostess and have lingerie made in the usa in sizes 6-28,we also have shape wear,day wear,jewelry,toys,spa,and bedroom enhancers. Our products come with a warranty. 30 days to 3 years. And were the only company that uses human phermones, the other guys use animal phermones and genetically altered phermones which dont even work on humans. Yea, Not very fun! We did these parties first in 1977 and still going strong. We do them right! Ask me about it, 😉 My email is UnderCoverWearMom@yahoo.com ..You can find me on Google or YouTube by looking up UnderCoverWear by Jennifer

August 4, 2012 at 16:07 | Report abuse |
  3. nwtiki

Time to buy stock in Energizer.

May 10, 2012 at 10:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Fantasia Re Re

I am a "Sex Toy" Romance Specialist. I have learned from working in this industry, it's better if you can teach women how to get the enjoyment they deserve and help them feel Fabulous and Sexy!! The toys are just the icing on the cake!! Great that romance parties are getting their dues!!

May 10, 2012 at 11:52 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Elizabeth

Exactly!!!!

May 10, 2012 at 13:12 | Report abuse |
    • Larry

"teach women to get the pleasure they deserve"? Maybe toys wouldnt be required as much if more women simply said i want this i dont want that, i wnat it this way instead of just complainig when they dont get it. I found that to be a huge problem when i was single, when i met my wife i said tell me what you want and how im not psychic and men gte next to no info compared to what women get about sex. If somenoe say i want us to use such and such toy fine but speak up and tell us any decent man will try it, within reason

May 11, 2012 at 05:48 | Report abuse |
    • Athena's by Heidi-rose

Larry, part of the point of these parties to help people comunicate their needs and desires better. It can be fun to add an extra buzz to your romantic encounters- for women or men.

May 11, 2012 at 12:37 | Report abuse |
    • mesohorni

My wife finds that pounding me in the butt gets her off.

May 11, 2012 at 12:55 | Report abuse |
  5. henne

Well now, all you need is a partner who would appreciate this stuff – any mention of that?

May 10, 2012 at 12:06 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fifi

@henne–a lot of that stuff is for the solo traveller...so to speak.

May 10, 2012 at 14:04 | Report abuse |
    • Raylene

Pure Romance (and the other's, I'm sure) are used to enhance your intimate life by yourself or with a partner.

If you already have a partner and s/he isn't 'into' toys, flip through a catalog with them and see what they WOULD be interested in!

May 10, 2012 at 14:31 | Report abuse |
    • NoSoapRadio

if we had the right partner we wouldn't need the toys. – Sex Education should be exatly that – taught to have sex. You have no idea how many people would be happy.

May 10, 2012 at 16:55 | Report abuse |
    • Athena's by Heidi-rose

Like others said, some of this is about teaching how to enjoy items together. There are some things a body just can't reach at just the right way. Some toys are designed to help with both stimulating and enhancing. Who wouldn't want to give their partner(s) the greatest experience possible, even with a toy added in?

May 11, 2012 at 12:39 | Report abuse |
    • ThatDude

NoSoapRadio,

Even with the right partner, some women still have issues about letting loose and trying new things. Most times women go to those parties just to see what's there. I'm a firm believer if you buy it then use it. You must have had a reason of buying it or just let me know that you bought it for your own personal pleasure.

May 15, 2012 at 08:10 | Report abuse |
  6. palintwit

Remember when Bristol Palin was on DWTS and her buttplug popped out? And the janitor picked it up because he thought it was a chew toy?

May 10, 2012 at 12:08 | Report abuse | Reply
    • blam

I lol'd. Please tell that really happened.

May 10, 2012 at 12:57 | Report abuse |
  7. JustaGuy

I'm holding a sex toy party at my place, no Hefers allowed.

May 10, 2012 at 13:21 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bristoltwit Palin... America's favorite dancing cow

How about me? I'm not that fat.

May 10, 2012 at 13:58 | Report abuse |
  8. Stockwoodie

Question: How long does it take for a woman to have an orgasm?

Answer: Who cares.

May 10, 2012 at 13:30 | Report abuse | Reply
    • janie

I'm betting your single! 🙂

May 10, 2012 at 15:51 | Report abuse |
    • NoSoapRadio

Question: what's the worst thing a woman can say to a guy during sex?

Answer: Is it in?

May 10, 2012 at 16:56 | Report abuse |
    • Michael

You must be lonely. ....A man who isn't selfish about sex (and that's rare) would ask."how long does it take a woman to hit her 20th orgasm?" It varies, but an average range is about 40 to 60 minutes if the guy knows what hes doing. Lubricant is recommended as most women get a bit dry dry at about 40 minutes of continuous activity. I haven't experienced any that didn't get dry after an hour and a half. No I didn't get this from a book. This is a real life actual average from about the 150 or so women II have been with. By the way dude... don't be selfish...Whats good fro the goose is good for the gander and if you don't get the bird analogy...I suppose you will just have to keep choking the chicken.

May 10, 2012 at 18:05 | Report abuse |
    • Marketing Expert

@Michael,

So, after 40 minutes to an hour and a half, you have failed to provide enough sexual stimulation to help your female partner achieve ejaculation over 150 times? No wonder you need lube.

But you are getting 20 orgasms an hour, though. Like a machine you are. I bet they all sound *just* like Jenna Jameson, right? And your prowess is so formidable that you've completely blown through an variation in a woman's sexual desires. Who needs hormone levels and emotional cues when you can just dictate orgasms at will?

After all, women certainly aren't intuitive creatures who will fake 20 orgasms to satisfy her partner's colossal inferiority complex. They're also not subtle or considerate animals, they who wouldn't fake an orgasm to signal you to cease your incessant sawing away, even after she has lost all desire for your attentions and long since dried up.

My work here is done.

May 11, 2012 at 00:19 | Report abuse |
    • Southerner01

Michael,

You do know that those women you pay for sex aren't really having orgasms, and they would much prefer that you hurried up and finished.

May 11, 2012 at 07:25 | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Here's a little tip for you (um, no pun intended)... The less time it takes and the more she has, the more you'll have. When you get your sexual relationship to a point that it doesn't REQUIRE 30 minutes of foreplay every time (how much you choose to spend may be another topic), there are fewer thoughts of "I'm too tired", "I don't have the time", etc. So, the more often she'll want it. Assuming of course, you aren't constnatly acting like an @$$.... Maybe you should work on that part first.

May 11, 2012 at 10:30 | Report abuse |
    • quackyduck

The first one, or the 15th one? I wish that girl had married me...

May 12, 2012 at 12:44 | Report abuse |
    • quackyduck

@marketing Expert
      150 times? Janice, is that you? How you been all these years?

I've experienced that. It was truly a beautiful thing, like watching waves crash on the beach.

May 12, 2012 at 12:51 | Report abuse |
    • Mahna Mahna

It takes me 8 minutes - 5 if I'm warmed up. I usually like to get it over with quickly. Heck, I don't even use toys and when I'm really lazy I just use my mind. Also, I've had a few dream orgasms. The brain is the only sexual organ a woman needs.

May 12, 2012 at 18:13 | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

It takes a man 7 minutes to have an orgasm and a woman 14 minutes. But with the right items you can get on the same level! Feel free to ask me more. UnderCoverWearMom@yahoo.com

August 4, 2012 at 16:09 | Report abuse |
  9. JR

Women need so much darn pampering. Just lemme stick it in there and wiggle around a bit.

May 10, 2012 at 13:56 | Report abuse | Reply
    • NoSoapRadio

You're definitely single.

May 10, 2012 at 16:51 | Report abuse |
  10. Fifi

All those women immediately go home and tell their husbands or partners what the other women bought (or took interest in, if the purchases aren't public) and then go to work and have lunch with a friend...who wants to know who played with what. And so any privacy goes right out the door. I wouldn't go near a sales party like this, no matter how much wine was served. I wouldn't trust any of the other women.

May 10, 2012 at 14:02 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dee

Can we say "trust issues", you must have had bad experiences with friends to be so convinced.

May 10, 2012 at 14:07 | Report abuse |
    • Stacey

As a consultant for one of these party plans, we do confidential ordering. The only people who know what was ordered and by who are the guest and me. Unless you choose to go out there and tell everyone at the party what you bought, they won't know. I don't know about all the companies, but I know Pure Romance is all about confidentiality and we require a separate room for ordering.

May 10, 2012 at 14:20 | Report abuse |
    • NoSoapRadio

lol, really?

Ok, so in my world, I buy some toys, go home to the hubby and we get it on all night. that's how it works. Open your eyes.

May 10, 2012 at 16:57 | Report abuse |
    • Fifi

Dee, of you believe all of your secrets are safe with your awesome and amazing friends, you must believe in unicorns. I have very good hearing and have been in situations where I've overheard men and women both - but, surprisingly, more men - talking very frankly, intrusively and presumptuously about the intimate lives of their (supposedly) best friends. I have no reason to believe that my friends and associates are any better. Nor are yours. Unless they aren't human.

May 10, 2012 at 17:42 | Report abuse |
    • Garden Lobster

Fifi, at the parties I do, everyone takes interest. Even the most squeamish need to pass it on to the next person. You laugh, you giggle, and you enter the consultation room ALONE. We're not allowed to let friends in together. Anything purchased is totally confidential. If the guy in your life is having locker room talk, and you'd rather he didn't – you'd learn at a party how to SPEAK UP! Make yourself heard in a loving, non-confrontational way. Understand, though, when the talking happens, it's usually because the partner (typically a guy) is bragging – he's happy with his sex life and proud of his wife. So it's really a compliment. But if it bothers you, maybe you should go to one anyway, so you learn some communication skills. Obviously if that's such a touchy topic, there's something more going on. Some of us are professional sex educators and even counselors in our 9-5 jobs. Maybe you'll meet one who can help you talk out what's really going on. That kind of paranoia just isn't normal, and it's probably pretty obvious to those around you that someone hurt you when you were young. You'd be surprised how you'd shatter those perceptions if you actually went to a party. I've done parties for the most private and prudish of friends, not showing a single toy, but sharing communication skills and spa products. 2 of the 4 starter kits with my company are actually toy-free. So, don't knock it till you try it.

May 10, 2012 at 20:55 | Report abuse |
    • Mahna Mahna

My supervisor invited me to one of these and I had no trouble telling my coworkers the next day what I planned on buying (but didn't since I didn't have a checkbook). Who cares?

May 12, 2012 at 18:15 | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

That is NOT how it works. All ordering is done in PRIVATE! No exceptions!

August 4, 2012 at 16:11 | Report abuse |
  11. Chris

These f*erware parties not new I went to one in the '80's given by my hair stylist. Great fun!

May 10, 2012 at 14:19 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. palintwit

That black chick in the pic is kind of hot. I wonder if she needs my help with any of her toys?

May 10, 2012 at 14:23 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Stewart

I think the Mexican gal is hotter.

May 10, 2012 at 16:54 | Report abuse |
    • tatatoothy

I wouldn't kick any of the girls in that photo out of my bed...

May 11, 2012 at 11:27 | Report abuse |
  13. rufus

Obama approves of these parties. Sasha is having one on her next birthday. The sooner she can learn to be gay, the better.

May 10, 2012 at 15:12 | Report abuse | Reply
    • palintwit

Don't look now rufus, but someone is trying to hotwire your tractor.

May 10, 2012 at 15:15 | Report abuse |
    • NoSoapRadio

...and tip your cow over.

May 10, 2012 at 16:52 | Report abuse |
  14. Jayne

the men who are posting on here are just gross.... I am betting the ones that don't want to take the time to "pamper" his woman (if there is one) doesn't receive any type of pampering himself.... As a consultant it is so important AS A COUPLE to discuss what each other needs, and yes women do require more attention because we are sensitive, it takes a certain amount of time to get our body ready for intercourse, as well as having open trust and communication with our partner. I try to teach my clients this, and men with y'alls mentality just destroys it... I hope a woman with some sense will set you straight one day. You can't just RAM it in there and expect it to be enjoyable... and if you are thinking its all about you... Boy are you wrong... I hope yall see that one day. Cause these responses are crazy selfish...

May 10, 2012 at 15:56 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fifi

Good for you, Jayne! I think the men who post on stories like this are turned on by the subject but have no real partners to work that out with. They ge their jollies insulting women online. From damp, dark rooms. Very sad.

May 10, 2012 at 17:37 | Report abuse |
    • PumpNDump

Please, S T F U, no man wants to be with a fat woman.

May 14, 2012 at 12:56 | Report abuse |
    • Brian

The men are gross? You're the one who wants to have sex with a battery operated machine...LOL!

May 21, 2012 at 14:31 | Report abuse |
  15. sharonie

who says women won't be sqeamish? I hate hearing about other peoples sex lives, and sex problems.
    That is why civilized folks close their bedroom doors.....and don't go to these"parties".

May 10, 2012 at 16:15 | Report abuse | Reply
    • NoSoapRadio

You're not having sex.....we get it.

May 10, 2012 at 16:53 | Report abuse |
    • PartyGalAnne

It's not all toys. I suppose if you've never used lotion, perfume or body wash, you may be horrified to see how they work. No one shares any information about their sex lives at these parties. As consultants, we share information about the products, and how they can solve common bedroom complaints. As a guest, you sit and listen, and I guarantee learn a thing or two, all in a fun, sex-positive environment.
      It's the people who have never BEEN to a party who truly NEED our parties.

May 11, 2012 at 00:04 | Report abuse |
    • Been There

Great response PartyGalAnne! I've been to several of these type of parties and each time I've learned something new that I can take back and share with my partner. It enhances our sex life and brings us even closer together. It doesn't take anything away from our relationship. In fact, my partner appreciates that I make the effort to keep our sex life fresh, new, and exciting.

May 11, 2012 at 10:42 | Report abuse |
    • Brad

The Victorian Age is long over.

May 11, 2012 at 13:00 | Report abuse |
  16. palintwit

Woo hoo, you are just so "civilized" aren't you. Prude.

May 10, 2012 at 16:28 | Report abuse | Reply
    • sharonie

so what if I am??? Why don't you go find a stranger to fellate???

May 10, 2012 at 16:36 | Report abuse |
    • TheSchmaltz

Wait, she's comfortable talking about sex so that means she fellates strangers? There is a middle ground you know, where we just aren't afraid of our own bodies.

May 11, 2012 at 08:54 | Report abuse |
  17. Dante Hicks

Women, as lovers, are all basically the same: they just have to be there. Making a male climax is not all that challenging: insert somewhere close and preferably moist; thrust; repeat.

May 10, 2012 at 16:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Mark

I think they should have lots of parties in Utah. I am sure the mormons would want lots of these sex parties. lol

May 10, 2012 at 17:16 | Report abuse | Reply
    • PartyGalAnne

I do those parties for PartyGals. Our Queen is from Utah, as are a few of our past Queens!

May 10, 2012 at 23:52 | Report abuse |
  19. Geoff

I have friends who are afraid of their wives having toys... My wife sells them... and they don't know what fun they are missing out on, a sexually liberated woman is a fabulous thing. I also seem to complain at lot less about the frequency of getting laid than my stick in the mud counterparts.

May 10, 2012 at 22:04 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jennifer

LOL Geoff!!!!!! I Love to see husbands into it. That is amazing! UnderCoverWearMom@yahoo.com

August 4, 2012 at 16:13 | Report abuse |
  20. happy

MAKE MONEY MAKE MONEY

May 10, 2012 at 23:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. PartyGalAnne

I do those parties!!
    I love to educate, entertain, and empower women and couples in the bedroom!

May 10, 2012 at 23:55 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kani

I also do those parties in MD-Pure Romance!

May 11, 2012 at 16:50 | Report abuse |
  22. steve

yeah, because women need to be even more selfish and self-indulgent these days...

May 10, 2012 at 23:55 | Report abuse | Reply
    • PartyGalAnne

Yes, learning tips and tricks on how to please their men is incredibly selfish....

May 10, 2012 at 23:57 | Report abuse |
    • Larry

@Party Gal tips and tricks how to please their man? Toys dont please most men i know. Ive only met a few that have any interest in them, so the toys arent for us. How about if women want more pleasure in the bedroom the tell their partner what they want instead of complaining worked great for my marriage. For example if my wife says id like us to use this then we buy it and use it. Also women get 10 times more info etc about sex than men do if women want men to have more and more accurate info about sex someone needs to tell them some how. OH and i hated it when i was single when women relied on that crap in cosmo, stop that a lot of it is made up anyhow

May 11, 2012 at 05:42 | Report abuse |
    • Mahna Mahna

I've never met a man that wasn't ecstatic about using toys on a woman. Then again, the incidence of male virginity well into their 30s has skyrocketed. I'm guessing you two are part of that group.

May 12, 2012 at 18:18 | Report abuse |
    • vikkk

Not everyone is in a sexual relationship, while these products are great for couples (especially couples married for a long time) they are also great for single women

May 17, 2012 at 04:04 | Report abuse |
  23. Marketing Expert

Nice advertisement.

I can't find myself either for or against these sex parties. It's just a marketing ploy. It seems shy or squeamish women could get a lot more anonymity ordering from one of the 100 billion sex toy companies on the internet. Of course, that would preclude the opportunity to act all shy about sex and have yourself open up in a social setting, thereby satisfying your exhibitionist and psychological bondage fantasies.

May 11, 2012 at 00:05 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Athena's by Heidi-rose

But then where would they learn about the items? Instead they just buy them having no clue how to use them best. Pampered Chef teaches you the best way to use the items to get the most out of them, and how to care for them. Same with Tupperware and all the other direct sales companies. All of us in the adult toy business want to be sure you LEARN at the same time as getting fun products!

May 11, 2012 at 12:48 | Report abuse |
  24. CJH

There's nothing new about this. Since this concept has been around since the '80s, this subject is about as newsworthy as shoulderpads and big hair.

May 11, 2012 at 08:11 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jennifer

It's been around since 1977 to be exact. My company Started it FIRST and is still going strong! UnderCoverWearMom@yahoo.com

August 4, 2012 at 16:14 | Report abuse |
  25. Alyssa

These parties are extremely popular in middle class america and most women I know have been to at least one of them. I've been to 4 myself over the past 6 or 7 years- some for bachelorette parties and some just b/c a friend of mine was hosting. They are honestly a TON of fun and more exciting than candles or tupperware 🙂 Plus- our husbands are ALL for it!

May 11, 2012 at 09:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. jenna

Sex toys ruined my marriage, I thought my husband was good enough..now im on my 3rd Sybian..I keep wearing them out

May 11, 2012 at 11:11 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. loveloveparties

Are they drinking Olive Oil?? LOL

May 11, 2012 at 17:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. da'tripper

Please tell me that CNN is NOT just discovering these parties?? Just too funny! LOL

May 11, 2012 at 21:02 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. SokrMom

So the sex-toy party industry reports that sex-toy parties can be educational? That's really convincing. I'm surprised they don't also recommend that everyone should host and/or attend such parties for purposes of female bonding, staying young at heart, learning cause and effect, lowering cholesterol...

May 11, 2012 at 21:29 | Report abuse | Reply
    • vikkk

My 20 yr old daughter hosted one at my home, great way to keep an open discussion about sex and relationships with my adult daughter. She is in a monogamous relatioship and she and I have and always will have, a very close relationship. She will always be able to come to me about anything. Can you say the same?

May 17, 2012 at 04:01 | Report abuse |
  30. moiraesfate

These parties are not a way to show the items without embarrassment. That's what the anonymous internet is for, not a party with your friends.

May 12, 2012 at 00:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Fri G

These parties are fun and are not just for women. Me and my significant other attend co-ed parties and they are a blast. We both get to see the products and find whats best for us.

May 12, 2012 at 04:46 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. quackyduck

"Schtupper-ware" parties! Fun!

May 12, 2012 at 12:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Douglas Quaid

Shame! Shame! These parties are heinous and dirty! Sexual activity is shameful and should not be permitted! ...Just kidding I just wanted to attention to bring the party girls to my place...

May 12, 2012 at 13:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. d's nuts

these partys are same old same old..generation after and so on. get a better story cnn

May 12, 2012 at 19:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Some Dude in Atlanta

I have a standing bet with any attractive woman. I'll bet $20 that I can out perform this product in 2 out of three tries.
    Any takers?
    Warning, I have never lost.

May 13, 2012 at 02:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Jim

Open another door to intrusion, share your deepest, darkest, and most lurid sexual desires with a drunken friend. Lay your cards on the party table, alongside the cheap wine and foreign-made rubber gadgets. Lose dem inhibitions. No worries, because it's all about personal satisfaction, right? AWESOME!

As the three primary colors in this tasteless photo get ready for the artificial ride of their lives, it's comforting to know that in such times as the present, there's still one thing that can make an American woman smile.

May 13, 2012 at 08:43 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Paritesbychelsea

As a consultant i would know, we do not sit around and talk about our personal stories or any other thing you are assuming.The consultant at these parties educates people on how to use our products and how to enhance thier sex lives. not all of our products are personal, actually giving you a rough estimate, about 75% of the products i sell are focused and deisgned for couples to use together, or for one to attract the other. another thing i want to point out is that all ordering is CONFIDENTIAL, unless someone wants to tell everyone, that is up to them. Please, the next time you start rambling about a subject, do your research, because you're not doing these parties or yourself any true justice.

May 15, 2012 at 13:05 | Report abuse |
  37. Jim

"If you build it, they will come." Several times over, in fact.

May 13, 2012 at 08:45 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. PumpNDump

99% of the women having these parties are overweight, unattractive and/or old and no one wants to be with them anyway.

May 13, 2012 at 10:19 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. killallthewhiteman

Yet if it was a bunch of guys it would be perverted or disgusting.

May 13, 2012 at 10:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. brad

It is illegal to have these in TX. A woman I work with was almost arrested for holding one.

May 13, 2012 at 13:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  41. crcka11

Wanna try out this but7 plug? Keep on working up and you'll fit a coke bottle up there! Nothing like a bunch of fat chicks with giant 4nal beads stuffed in them. A.T.M. anyone?

May 13, 2012 at 14:23 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. PumpNDump

Nothing makes me more excited than the thought of some pasty white, overweight/corpulent, middle-aged, unattractive haus fraus at a "toy" party. Lol Gag, vomit, convulse, pass out.

May 13, 2012 at 16:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  43. tomfromva

This story reads like an advertisement. This is not news, these parties (and this business model) have been going on for close to 20 years. Several years ago there was new about a locality trying to arrest people at a such a party because the items were called "lewd." How about an update on that, any trouble with the parties in Mississppi or Utah? As to the post, I see a lot of immaturity, but then no surprise.

May 13, 2012 at 19:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Lindsey Fleshman

I'm a senior consultant for pure romance, and I couldn't be happier to sell a product that allows me to entertain women while educating them which gives them more empowerment about their sex life!!

May 16, 2012 at 11:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. vikkk

My 20 yr. old daughter wanted to host a passion party, had it at my home with her friends and some of their moms. Sounds strange but we had a great time and it really opened up communication about sex and relationships.

May 17, 2012 at 03:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. ajoseph1234

If someone approaches you with an invitation to attend one of these parties, run (don't walk) the other way. Somehow we have made this disconnect between sexual immorality and self gratification. But if any act would bring upon shame if accidentally witnessed by those you respect, it is not an act you would want to do in private either.

June 18, 2012 at 16:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Jennifer

UnderCoverWear has been doing these for 35 years now. Since 1977. We allow men as others DO NOT. I am an UnderCoverWear Agent and when you have an average party you get $300 in free products. With the other guys you get 10% in total sales, so with a $500 party you only get $50.00 and some 50% off items. I used to sell for Passion Parties and i switched to UnderCoverWear because they offer more to the agent,the hostess and have lingerie made in the usa in sizes 6-28,we also have shape wear,day wear,jewelry,toys,spa,and bedroom enhancers. Our products come with a warranty. 30 days to 3 years. And were the only company that uses human phermones, the other guys use animal phermones and genetically altered phermones which dont even work on humans. Yea, Not very fun! We did these parties first in 1977 and still going strong. We do them right! Ask me about it, My email is UnderCoverWearMom@yahoo.com ..You can find me on Google or YouTube by looking up UnderCoverWear by Jennifer

August 4, 2012 at 16:21 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jennifer

We also give our Hostesses Travel packages.. Cant get that anywhere else no matter how hard you look 😉

August 4, 2012 at 16:22 | Report abuse |
  48. Cloud 9 Parties by Pascale

Aw – how did they not include Cloud 9 Parties? http://www.cloud9bypascale.com We have the lotions, potions and toys – but also pinup jewelry, shoes, wigs, lashes, nail foils.

August 31, 2012 at 15:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. PillTablets

http://www.pilltablets.com The more safe, secure and reliable pharmacy online. Offering you outstanding prices for any of your medical needs. At pilltablets.com you'll receive discreet, no cost medical consultations with state licensed doctors and pharmacists. We have Tramadol, Fioricet, Rozerem Sold without prescription. 100% US Medicines, FDA approved and best of all COD payments accepted. Satisfaction Guaranteed!

September 8, 2012 at 14:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Adventurous

Sex toys have transformed my marriage! My wife and I read 50 Shades of Grey together...and it opened our minds up beyond the vanilla sex routine that our marriage had turned into after 15 years. I went to http://www.poshallure.com and purchased our first toy to reenact some of what we read about...and it has made an amazing difference in our sex life. If you to to http://www.poshallure.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a banner that takes you to items that directly relate to the book. Check it out, and share it with your friends!

September 11, 2012 at 01:05 | Report abuse | Reply