home
RSS
Lupus 'attacking my kidneys,' Cannon says
Nick Cannon and wife Mariah Carey attend the 2010 People's Choice Awards.
March 5th, 2012

Lupus 'attacking my kidneys,' Cannon says

Celebrity Nick Cannon revealed Monday that he has an autoimmune disease called lupus nephritis.

“It’s a rare form of lupus that’s just attacking my kidneys,” Cannon told ABC’s "Good Morning America."  “They thought it was just kidney disease, and then they were trying to figure out why my immune system was attacking my kidneys, and that was sort of the root of it all.”

Like many autoimmune diseases, lupus is a mystifying condition. It's often hard to diagnose because of its vague and varying symptoms. It can affect any part of your body such as joints, skin, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood or brain.

Cannon, husband to singer Mariah Carey, has been hospitalized twice this year, once for kidney issues and a second time when doctors found blood clots in his lungs. His physicians have warned him to slow down, and Cannon announced he was stepping down from his morning radio show to prioritize his health in February.

Doctors have told the multi-tasking media personality that the blood clots were connected to his kidney problems. The majority of lupus patients have other symptoms such as arthritis, skin rash, hair loss or mouth ulcers.

Lupus nephritis causes inflammation in the kidneys, which makes them unable to properly remove waste from the blood or control the amount of fluids, according to the Lupus Foundation.

About 50 to 60% of lupus patients develop kidney problems, said Dr. Gary S. Gilkeson, associate dean and professor of medicine in microbiology and immunology at the Medical University of South Carolina. He is not involved in Cannon’s care. The kidney problems can range from mild to severe to end-stage renal disease.

African Americans as a whole develop more lupus nephritis than Caucasians and they’re more likely to develop end stage renal disease given the same treatment as people who are not African American.

Doctors believe lupus has a genetic component.

What makes Cannon’s case unusual is lupus tends to affect predominantly women. When men get lupus, it tends to be more severe, said Gilkeson, chair of the Lupus Foundation of America’s Medical-Scientific Advisory Council.

Science has no clear answers to why male cases of lupus are more difficult to treat. “It may have something to do with hormones for a man to get lupus,” he said.  “There’s a thought that it must have more of a genetic risk.”

Cannon told ABC that he “can’t have any fast food anymore.”

“Anytime you have a kidney disease, you have to watch your salt intake and your protein intake, so fast foods are very high in both of those,” Gilkeson said.  “Like anyone else, it’s better to eat healthy. You have to be more careful when you have renal involvement.”

Patients with lupus can expect to have a normal lifespan as long as they continue to receive proper treatment. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a drug Benlysta (belimumab) for lupus last year.

"We hate it that someone developed the disease but appreciate him being open about it so other people can learn about it," Gilkeson said.

1. MIT

Such a shame. Sometimes I wonder why God lets terrible things happen to good people.

Then I play the sims and I understand completely

March 5, 2012 at 13:39 | Report abuse | Reply
    • atheism

There is no god, the SIMs also sucks, go buy a real game.

March 5, 2012 at 13:50 | Report abuse |
    • Jeepers

When I figured out the cheat to add a Sim to your active family, I made a creepy clown and had him go around stealing children. I reasoned that it was for their own good since they usually didn't even have a bed to sleep in at their own houses and I would make sure they grew up to have good traits. But it still felt wrong...delightfully wrong. Mwahahaha!

March 5, 2012 at 13:57 | Report abuse |
    • MIT

I made characters of everyone I hated, then locked them up in a 1×1 square with transparent walls as displays in the hallway of my house. Trapped there for all to see, defecating on themselves.

March 5, 2012 at 14:00 | Report abuse |
    • Jeepers

Well I guess that's better than doing it to the actual people. I made a serial killer once who killed his mailman and a few others but then the ghosts just got too annoying and I got bored with it. Now the haunted insane asylum turned orphanage I built...that was fun. But also extra challenging with all the ghosts. They won't let you sleep.

March 5, 2012 at 14:06 | Report abuse |
    • LinSea

MIT (ok, I'm paraphrasing the following quote), the sun rises on both good and evil people, and rain falls on the just and the unjust.

What matters is how we deal with bad things that happen to us and if we help others who are having bad times. I wish Mr. Cannon the best. I have a family member with lupus and it is a nasty thing.

March 5, 2012 at 15:31 | Report abuse |
    • DJCowboy

All this talk of murdering the neighbors makes me want to play The Sims again, might have to re-install it

March 5, 2012 at 15:44 | Report abuse |
  2. Allison Tysinger

God bless you, Nick. Your AGT fans will keep you in our prayers.

March 5, 2012 at 13:46 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. ThePROFESS10NAL

Oh you know him personally do you? He is better than anyone else to get the disease?

March 5, 2012 at 13:46 | Report abuse | Reply
    • BOOB

Chill Grandma. No need for that.

March 5, 2012 at 14:23 | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

At least Nick didn't pronounce it "KiTney"......
      Yeah chill out grandma!

March 5, 2012 at 14:30 | Report abuse |
  4. Jeepers

Mariah finally meets a nice guy, has a family...and then this happens to them. Life really isn't fair, is it?

March 5, 2012 at 13:48 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Brenda

Oh yes, lets all shed a tear for the incredibly rich and famous Nick Cannon.....the poor guy, suffering in the limosine and lear jet he rides in as he is shuttled from VIP hospital to VIP hospital, how will he ever afford the treatment/health insurance...>WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? Lets focus on the ball for a change, maybe on children without health insurance, maybe children who are starving...save a little pity for them, not a megamillionaire.

March 5, 2012 at 14:11 | Report abuse |
    • Jeepers

Wow, Brenda...what is wrong with YOU? Perhaps you could say..."Well, on the bright side...at least he has money for the best treatments, which not everyone can say." That would have been much nicer.

March 5, 2012 at 14:20 | Report abuse |
    • tluv00

Brenda is what some people would call jealous. This person is famous and has lots of money but Brenda seems to not think that they are a person too. She also kills puppies for fun.

March 5, 2012 at 14:30 | Report abuse |
    • Tony

Brenda, bitter much? What a hateful thing to say.

March 5, 2012 at 14:45 | Report abuse |
    • Claire

Brenda has anger issues. Brenda, please find a good therapist and have a nice day

March 5, 2012 at 15:32 | Report abuse |
    • Mark of Tennessee

Brenda a Rush Limbaugh fan obviously... SMDH!!!!

March 5, 2012 at 15:33 | Report abuse |
    • autopilot

@ Brenda.....Can we not focus on both ?

March 5, 2012 at 15:52 | Report abuse |
  5. alewatcher

It's never lupus, just ask House.

March 5, 2012 at 13:54 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Larry

Of course it's not lupus. It's neurosyphilis. Duh!

March 5, 2012 at 14:07 | Report abuse |
    • Dr. House

It's amyloidosis, you idiots!

March 5, 2012 at 14:22 | Report abuse |
    • Cobra

Roadhouse.

March 5, 2012 at 14:41 | Report abuse |
    • d

Apparenty he had his shoes tied too tight! problem solved.

March 7, 2012 at 07:33 | Report abuse |
  6. Dave

If you ever need a kidney Nick, I'll donate one of mine to you with nothing in return. You make this world a better place.

March 5, 2012 at 13:58 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mir

Call him and tell that to him instead of trolling on the forums.

March 5, 2012 at 14:26 | Report abuse |
  7. Howard

I wish bot he and his family well in managing this disease and a prosperous future...

March 5, 2012 at 13:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. fritz

Don't want autoimmune problems later in life? Don't drink oxygen rich surface water. Drink deoxygenated water from a well drilled deep into the rock. Yeah, the water's hard for sure with disolved inorganic salts but with no disolved oxygen to corrode your immune system, your body will love you for it.

March 5, 2012 at 14:00 | Report abuse | Reply
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

You left out make sure you wear your tinfoil hat. That keeps all the demons away.

March 5, 2012 at 14:32 | Report abuse |
    • oussu

Citing a clinical study or two would be a novel way to legitamize your looney-tune claims.

March 5, 2012 at 15:09 | Report abuse |
    • David B.

Thank you "Doctor" fritz. Now answer this. Did you even graduate from high school?

March 5, 2012 at 15:48 | Report abuse |
    • DC

Bzzt. Wrong answer. I was brought up on hard well water. Now, in my 40's, I've developed Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and psoriasis – both auto-immune diseases. So, explain that one for me please.

March 5, 2012 at 23:48 | Report abuse |
    • checi

Makes you wonder how cave man ever survived, what with drinking surface water and all...Never mind all those high fat meats he used to eat and fruit he grabbed off trees without washing them first....

March 6, 2012 at 10:49 | Report abuse |
  9. AMA

Maybe now the many others that suffer with Lupus and similar auto-immune diseases might have some money go to studies to help the rest of us who fight and suffer with loss of organ functions daily. Funny how when someone famous gets sick suddenly there is an outpouring, but the rest of us just have to find a way to live with it without attention brought to our struggles.

March 5, 2012 at 14:01 | Report abuse | Reply
    • duh

Of course people pay attention to celebrities...that's why they are celebrities...if you do something that catches people's attention and keep it there..you too will become a celebrity....Celebrity can be a good thing because they have the power to bring attention to things...important things....so instead of looking for something negative, look for the positives...this may be a good thing for awareness of Lupus.

March 5, 2012 at 14:37 | Report abuse |
    • Lindalou

Hopefully he takes on the fight for awareness and gets the dollars for research rolling in. It's such a debilitating disease. My sister has it and every minor cold turns into a major health event for her.

March 5, 2012 at 14:47 | Report abuse |
    • OvernOut

I'd been told that only women get lupus, look how wrong that info was. If they can't raise money for research, they can at least make more persons aware of the issues with this condition.

March 5, 2012 at 16:45 | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

While I might agree that celebrity spokespeople make some difference, it also makes a difference if everybody who has this disease speaks out about it too. And the power of prayer... My grandmother went blind after cataract surgery, and a few years later died. A few years later, the only robotic surgery commonly practiced was to remove cataracts. It's true that people wanted that operation, but the prayers didn't hurt either. For those who do not believe in prayer, I'm not trying to argue; this is only for those that do. Or, if you don't believe in prayer, at least believe in organizing research and funding, and spend some effort at it.

March 5, 2012 at 23:26 | Report abuse |
    • Tammy

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure how this is any more tragic than a mother of four working 2 jobs who has lupus, but it does suck nonetheless. At least he will have the means of receiving the best medical care available.

March 6, 2012 at 15:39 | Report abuse |
  10. Pete

My mother had Lupus with severe kideny disease. I know firsthand the toll it takes on a person. Stay strong and hope you only the best in your daily activities.

March 5, 2012 at 14:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. ForGoodOfAll

So sad that Nick is suffering so much, rather than fully enjoying the joys of parenthood. I hope that with rest and the best medical care, Nick will manage his illness and still enjoy his sweet little babies. I wish Nick & Mariah and their beautiful family all the best.

March 5, 2012 at 14:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Smith

People who can comprehend the meanings of words and symbols still eat fast food? We humans have a long way to go.. and people talking about "Sims" or whatever, get a life, live a life.

March 5, 2012 at 14:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. veasna Khyom

I wish him the best. My aunt died from Lupus 6 months ago after a long 11 years battle with it. RIP aunty. We'll always remembered you.

March 5, 2012 at 14:33 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Baygood

BRENDA, big sigh! So he has money, that did not stop him from becoming sick, your such an bitter ass for your comment. Ask his wife, if the money matters, between life and or possible death. Im sure she would choose everyday living instead. Have a heart and pray your never in a situation of possibly losing a loved one.

March 5, 2012 at 14:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. cali818

Lupus is a very difficult disease. You never know when some medical issue is going to come after you. In my case Lupus attacked my liver, took two years to get it under control. I wish anyone with this baffling disease the best.

March 5, 2012 at 14:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. RA Chicky

I feel for him. I have RA and Lupus and any autoimmune disease is no picnic...

March 5, 2012 at 15:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. guitarharry

Sorry to hear this man is sick, but why this is being put out as "news?" He's married to an aging pop diva. So?

March 5, 2012 at 15:06 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Nicole

I know there is god an when thing happen to people good or bad god is there. My prayers r with u an your family nick. People who write or say dum ass comment get a life. Brenda ur hated the they have money so on that note people suck when they hate on others

March 5, 2012 at 15:08 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Claire

Please learn to spell and form a complete sentence.

March 5, 2012 at 15:30 | Report abuse |
    • checi

A perfect example of where the home schooling industry is going to take us.

March 6, 2012 at 10:52 | Report abuse |
  19. luckyponytoo

My husband was diagnosed with the the exact same condition this past summer. It started out as what appeared to be a leg infection that would not go away after a couple of rounds of antibiotics. He convinced his doctor to admit him to the hospital, and after a week or two of tests and talking to dozens of specialists he was diagnosed with lupus nephritis. We were very lucky to have been at a good hospital and got a great doctor who did a fantastic job pulling together the experts necessary.

Even so, it's been a tough few months. He was hospitalized again soon after his original stay with pneumonia, developed a blood clot in his leg this winter. That alone will take months to completely go away, and there is still a chance that it could break loose and go to his lungs. Of course, just being on corticosteroids and immuno-suppressants has taken its toll. He hasn't been able to work since his initial hospitalization. Of course, as soon as he starts feeling well enough to work, something new seems to go awry related to his condition.

March 5, 2012 at 15:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Nadine

Praying for you Nick Cannon. Keep the faith, Jesus is a healer.

March 5, 2012 at 15:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Nancy Bosch

Dear Nick,
    I hope you will learn that going on a vegan diet will help you tremendously. Many auto immune diseases are caused by our too rich American diet of animal fats, salt, dairy and oils tipping the scale to set off any genetic tendancies we have inherited. Get completely off these things and become a vegan. It will help you recover, possibly fully. No white flour either.

Good luck and God Bless,
    Nancy

March 5, 2012 at 15:12 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Someone

I've seen posts about going to a vegetarian diet. That diet is not an automatic cure-all.

Blood clot treatment often requires anticoagulants, such as Warfarin. That also requires keeping a steady INR, usually between 2.0 and 3.0 but can also vary from person to person based on their condition and their doctor. Usually, this means not eating a lot of foods containing a high amount of Vitamin K. However, many vegetables in a pure vegetarian diet have relatively high amounts of vitamin K per 1 cup serving (or per 100 grams serving). Therefore, vegetables need to chosen carefully and then the portion sizes of those vegetables, whether or not one has a diet with meat or a pure vegetarian diet. Too much vitamin K can result in a lower INR.

Now, too low of an INR, increases the risk of additional blood clotting. (Above 5.0 there is also a risk of internal bleeding.)

March 6, 2012 at 14:56 | Report abuse |
  22. Mara

God Bless Nick and Mariah and may they find Peace at this difficult time. At least he will he able to get the treatment he needs and spend time with his children. Take Care

March 5, 2012 at 15:28 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. srv2963

yea all ten of his fans..............

March 5, 2012 at 15:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Meab

I also have lupus, I know what this is like. It's not fun and extremely painful. No one deserves this!!

March 5, 2012 at 15:34 | Report abuse | Reply
  25. me

You read the article, as long as Nick takes care of himself he'll live a long life.

March 5, 2012 at 15:37 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Rachel

This just serves as a reminder that no one is exempt from lifes challenges. Stay strong Nick and Mariah. Know that your faith in God and love for one another can help you through any of lifes storms.

March 5, 2012 at 15:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Joel

I worked with a woman 20+ years ago who was diagnosed with lupus. She was black, but it's not a black disease. Beautiful girl - she had the 2 worst outward symptoms: Hair loss and skin rash. All of a sudden, she quit and moved from Los Angeles to Atlanta to be with family (mother and sister). Never heard from her again - Angela, if you're out there, I hope you're OK.

March 5, 2012 at 16:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. laptop

Brenda...what difference does it make if a person is rich or poor. The article is talking about the man's illness, not the fact that he can afford health care. You really need so slow down and read the article. Appreciate the fact that he is sharing so others can learn.

March 5, 2012 at 16:02 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. blue

I love Nick Cannon... I love Mariah Carey... I was so excited when they got together... now, they have to live a life that revolves around a truly dreadful disease... we can hope that they take excellent care of him.. their babies need daddy and daddy needs to live to raise those babies.. i also hope that they make it through as a couple.. it would be very refreshing if they do..

March 5, 2012 at 16:07 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Manx

There isn't any way to know for sure if a person has Alzheimers daisese because the only test that exists can only be done after death. The diagnosis is usually made based on symptoms. One of the earliest symptoms of Alzheimers is memory problems. It's normal for anyone to be forgetful from time to time, but memory problems in a person with Alzheimers are worse and interfere significantly with daily life. For example, it's normal to forget where you put your car keys. But if you forget what your car keys are for, this could be a sign of Alzheimers. One way of distinguishing normal memory loss from Alzheimer's is that in Alzheimer's, the person's older memories are intact, but they are not able to retain any new information. They may remember every detail about their childhood, but can't tell you what they had for breakfast that morning. A person with Alzheimer's will typically ask the same questions over and over again, such as What day is this? because they can't remember the answer you gave them five minutes ago. They might also have false memories. A friend of mine whose mother had Alzheimer's took her to the drug store one afternoon. Her mother kept insisting that they had already been there that day even though my friend knew it wasn't true. Another characteristic of Alzheimer's is that the memory problems will be progressive. In other words, the person's memory gets worse over time, although they might occasionally have a good days when they seem almost normal. Eventually the bad days outnumbers the good days. As the daisese progresses, someone with Alzheimer's who can't remember your name will eventually forget that they even know you, which can be distressing for close friends and family members. They also will have problems with reasoning and judgment. They may be unable to carry out normal everyday tasks like paying bills or keeping a checkbook. As Alzheimer's progresses, the person may experience confusion and disorientation. This will cause them to lose track of where they are. If they go for a walk, they might not be able to find their way home again. Eventually there will also be personality changes. For example, a person who is normally easygoing might experience spells of anger and paranoia. Or a person who is usually confident might start acting fearful for no reason. In the later stages of Alzheimer's, the person might become agitated, shout or become physically violent. If you would like to know more about Alzheimer's, there is an excellent website run by the Alzheimer's Association with lots of information, resources and helpful tips for caregivers. It's www. alz. org

May 23, 2012 at 21:33 | Report abuse |
  30. Norma Tyler

Here we go again hateful people Nick i hope you get better may god bless you and your family pray there is nothing impossible with the Lord.For the person that said it no god i wonder who you thank is keeping you alive!!!! and do you think that these star dont work hard for there money think again nobody gives them nothing.

March 5, 2012 at 16:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Idris

There is nothing impossible with prayers. Nick has such a good spirit and I really wish him the best, speedy recovery and most of all I will say a prayer for him as often as I can. All Nick / Mariah fans out there, the best you could do is pray for this gentleman and his family. Life can be tough for anyone...I pray God gives us all good health and heal those who are sick.

For ignorant people like Breda above who commented negatively earlier on his hard earned wealth, I'll pray for you too because clearly you live a life of misery already that's why you have so much hate in your heart. Keep it up and this hatred just might ruin you!

March 5, 2012 at 17:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. sturner

get well soon. No one rich or poor deserves to be ill with Lupus. And if his kidneys fail this means dialysis, anyone who wishes this on a person is sick. Just take real good care and take it easy. Also always get second opinions, always.\
    You have a great family to depend on, do that. God speed

March 5, 2012 at 18:40 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Elizabeth

I have known kidney patients on dialysis. Get a book on diet and recipes for it; some foods contain things that are harder for the kidneys to get rid of. For example: if you eat potatoes, you must soak and rinse them, and even then use sparingly. Prevent further damage to the kidneys if possible; eat what is better for you.

March 5, 2012 at 23:34 | Report abuse |
  33. FromNyc

I have lupus nephritis too and have been in remission for 9 yrs. I underwent chemotherapy for this and it helped me go into remission. Stay positive !

March 5, 2012 at 19:19 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Elizabeth

My husband had a co-worker who died of lupus: a man. His doctors refused to give a real diagnosis, but the co-workers looked at his swollen knees, and told him to get medical help immediately because it looked like lupus. He died just a few weeks later. There are many diseases that affect mostly women, but remember the word "mostly;" there are men who die of breast cancer, etc. And the worst disease affecting women is heart disease, even though up to a few years ago doctors assumed that heart disease only affects men, and women have different symptoms than men. Some doctors are less informed than ordinary citizens, and that is not right.

March 5, 2012 at 23:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Canopy

Lady gaga has lupus. Venus Williams as an autoimmune disorder...I have to wonder how many average citizens have similar conditions but they aren't detected because of the costs of testing and doctors are so quick these days to just give a prescription. I wonder if the individuals in Germany that had kidney issues from sprouts (supposedly) had the same thing.

March 6, 2012 at 08:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. TRACK

People be easy, Cannon didn't steal his money, he worked for it!
    Nick take good care and love your family. Thank GOD you can afford health insurance.
    Look around people, in your neigborhood, there are people there with "the disease", what are you doing to help them...
    Don't be angry cause some folks have alot of money, some folk earned it.

March 6, 2012 at 08:44 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. checi

I never even heard of this guy and you say he's a big celebrity? He looks just like the guy I saw this morning. He was running across the street with his little lunch box to go to work at the gas station on the corner.

March 6, 2012 at 10:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. M. Di Julio

My prayers go out to Nick. I hope he can bring more awareness to the terrible disease of Lupus. There are 1.5 million people in America that have some form of Lupus. And even more people that have Lupus, but don't know it, thinking it is the flu. It does not get the media attention that cancer or m.s. get during the year. This disease cause is unknown, and there
    is no cure. If not treated, it can kill you, as it attacks your organs, heart liver, kidney and even your brain. I also have Nephritis Lupus and Systemic Lupus. Good Luck Nick.

March 6, 2012 at 11:23 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Fan from GA

My prayers are with you and others facing this horrible disease! I try hard to look at the bright side...at least he has the money to pay for the best care as well as the ability to develop an organization to help others with the disease obtain app

March 6, 2012 at 14:50 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Danielle M

M Di Julio, I too am living with Systemic Lupis/Lupus Nephritis. My prayers to ALL of us who suffer from this disease, we are all part of some strange brotherhood. Some day there will be a cure!

March 6, 2012 at 17:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  41. T

Nick Cannon needs to get his facts straight. If 50-60% of people with Lupus develop kidney problems, then Lupus Nephritis is NOT " a rare form of lupus". I also have SLE and Lupus Nephritis. At least half the people I know who have a Lupus diagnosis have also been diagnosed with Lupus Nephritis.

That said, even though I'm not a fan, I hope that Cannon and his doctors are able to get things under control. I've been through acute renal failure once due to Lupus Nephritis, and wouldn't wish it (or the treatments) on anybody–even my enemies.

March 7, 2012 at 12:20 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. shorebird

Y'all need to get your hands on a 2003 book from 2 Australian doctors: "Dangerous Grains".
    It seems they presented their work from 1980's and 1990's in the US and no US doctor believed them: They had over (500) lupus patients in remission! Their solutions have been known for the past 20 years. There is a list of about 50 chronic ailments at the back of the book, including several autoimmune diseases.
    See which one(s) may resonate with you! If so, then find a doctor specializing in Functional Medicine, as this is outside the realm of standard US medicine. And good luck to you!

March 7, 2012 at 17:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  43. phyllis

Nick I has lupus,I have the dermotological and the joints and muscle pain.I am in pain now as I type this,it is very.painful and.I continue taking the meds and praying for.a cure or should I say a healing. Because when I have a flare up it seems to get worse everytime. I pray for you.and.your family. Pray everyday and it will help with the depression from the pain. Be strong

March 7, 2012 at 21:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Q

I am a lupus nephritis survivor. I've been battling this disease for all of my 20s. I am now 28 and received a kidney transplant 6 months go! I am sadden Nick Cannon is suffering from this harsh disease, but I am glad that someone well known and with financial statue is speaking out about disease. Nick Cannon is a voice for many us who are over powered by fame and fortune. Thank You Nick Cannon for spreading awareness!

Recently I posted:

What a beautiful day today! And, I don't just mean the sunshine. Today, marks 6 months from the evening I was called in to receive my kidney transplant. I was in the grocery store with my family when I saw that 415 area code I'd been waiting for, for over a year. My heart drop, hands shaking, & my knees nearly buckled. I couldn't even answer the phone. I managed to answer & before the nurse on the line could finish saying " I'm calling for Crystal Runner ....This is CPMC. We would like to offer you a Type O kidney from a deceased donor. Do you want to..." And, before she could finish I said "YES YES YES..." Immediately we packed our bags and headed to San Fran. And, 7 am sharp, as they promised I was in a surgery room watching Surgeons preparing my kidney on ice in reaching distance from me. (the feeling, the anxiety, and closeness to Christ at that moment, I have no words to describe).Few hours later I woke up to my mother, my lover, my cousin, and friends!!! And, a successful operation!!!

This is only a piece of my 7 year journey. Many people would say they are sorry to hear what I've been through, throughout my entire 20s. But, I am not! I wouldn't change anything. God had and has a plan. All-in-all, I am truly blessed and continuously praying for the family that lost their young child, but set their hearts on saving another life. Til this day I am speechless. But, my faith isn't!!!

I will forever remember Sept. 4 & 5. esp 5th (Labor Day).

My operation was on Labor Day. God's way of telling me that that situation, at that moment, his work is done. (FOR NOW, bc he is always working).

March 7, 2012 at 23:26 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. bubble hash

Hi there very nice website!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your site and take the feeds also?I'm glad to seek out so many useful information here within the put up, we need develop extra techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

April 10, 2012 at 10:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Find out about fat loss 4 idiots

Good day very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?I am satisfied to seek out numerous helpful info right here within the publish, we'd like work out extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

June 10, 2012 at 01:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Lupus Diagnosis

nice article... i found another site for more information about lupus... http://www.systemiclupus.com/lupus-treatments/lupus-diagnosis

July 23, 2012 at 09:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Elyssaq Keem

Truly itis called Search engine optimisation that when i search for this article I found this web page at the top of all web pages in search engine.

July 29, 2012 at 23:45 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. paris hotel deal

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I may I want to counsel you few interesting issues or suggestions. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I wish to learn even more things approximately it!

August 3, 2012 at 14:24 | Report abuse | Reply
  50. moving london

Magnificent issues altogether, you just won a new reader. What may you suggest in regards to your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?

August 7, 2012 at 18:15 | Report abuse | Reply