home
RSS
What the Yuck: Scented soap 'down there'?
September 30th, 2011

What the Yuck: Scented soap 'down there'?

Q: Is it OK to use scented shower gel "down there"?

Nope. The rest of your body may be very happy smelling like passion-fruit-verbena-berry raindrops, but the delicate skin in your genital area can’t take it.

Much like douches, scented bath products contain chemicals that can be irritating to the urethra and vagina and can increase your risk of urinary tract and yeast infections.

Stick to plain, unscented soap and water, and wash the outer part of the vulva only.

Copyright Health Magazine 2011

1. fernace

This Extremist post is on all the blogs & it's annoying, but posting on a thread about soap safe for washing genital area, is going too far! I'm on my Sprint cell so can't report abuse, but those who can, feel free!!

October 2, 2011 at 21:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. @outalimit

Just leave it as is!

October 3, 2011 at 18:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Lisa

My gastrointrenologist recently told me the same thing. So, NO this post is not Extremist. It is a health issue and people need to be informed. I wish I was informed before I had to go see the doctor, could have saved discomfort and money. Prude, I mean fernace, grow up.

October 3, 2011 at 18:17 | Report abuse | Reply
    • you

to be honest I think Fernace is talking about a post that has already been reported and removed. not this article

October 3, 2011 at 23:59 | Report abuse |
  4. kFocused56

Da things we women go thru tryna protect our va jay jays

October 5, 2011 at 00:51 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. ShaneB

That sure seems like it would complicate using the fancy body soaps a lot of women get. I mean its bound to run down your body to there..

October 11, 2011 at 13:46 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. mahdeealoo

Fancy soap can actually make your 'scent' smell like something that crawled out of a trash bin. Use an unscented, Castile soap to avoid that, daily. It's not worth the irritation to smell like something you are not. I am not a banana / chamomile / coconut / vanilla / cocoa whatchamacallit. If you want to smell like something other than human, use perfume, not perfumed soap. Your body will thank you for it.

October 12, 2011 at 16:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Friendly neighborhood Swede

Ohhh. Down there?!? When I saw the headline, I thougth it was presenting the case for Australians to use deodorant soaps.

October 14, 2011 at 15:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Muff Diva

Perfume sounds like a VERY bad idea depending on alcohol content. Ouch. I scrub my taint with brillo pads but then I'm a guy. I understand she has to be more careful yet I don't want a late night round of tuna salad so we usually incorporate tasty play with a dose of spray can whipped cream or slathering on some fruit preserves.

October 27, 2011 at 14:23 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Albert

i suggest if you really want "down there" to be fresh, healthy and smell so good. Look for a feminine wash that contains Flavosterone, Tormentil and menthol. believe me, its so good. kegel exercise for women

January 3, 2012 at 05:40 | Report abuse |