home
RSS
Young athletes in the heat: Doctors revise guidelines
August 8th, 2011

Young athletes in the heat: Doctors revise guidelines

Because of recent reports of serious, even catastrophic heat-related events with school athletics, the American Academy of Pediatrics has revised its guidelines on heat and school athletes. They're published in this week's edition of the journal Pediatrics.

The recommendations focus on coaches and parents as well as kids. Authors of the statement believe heat-related illness can be prevented if school officials and adults are taught the risks of working out in high temperatures.

Football and heat: Who's at risk?

"Athletic directors, coaches, teachers and other adults who are overseeing children exercising in the heat should make themselves aware of ways to reduce the risk of heat illness, and they should develop an emergency action plan," said Dr. Cynthia Devore, co-author of the statement and chairperson of the AAP Council on School Health. "This is especially important as we head into high school preseason football."

The authors also recommend a trained staff member be available on site to keep an eye on anyone who might show signs of  heat illness. But the new statement, unlike the previous one, does not give precise rules about whether games or practices should be canceled if temperatures reach a certain level. They just suggest it. The statement does however, emphasize the need for coaches to provide adequate rest, at least two hours between major events, during practices and game day.

"Most healthy children and athletes can safely participate in outdoor sports and activities in a wide range of warm to hot weather, but adults sometimes create situations that are potentially dangerous," said Dr. Stephen G. Rice, co-author of the policy statement and a former member of the executive committee of the AAP Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness.

In the statement, authors said it was important to educate kids on how to prevent heat illness, such as ways to dress and ways to stay hydrated, as well as gradually getting them used to being in the heat. And they stressed that coaches or adult supervisors, should assess each child on whether he or she can handle the heat, because each child handles heat differently.

"While coaches should make on-the-field decisions to improve safety for a team or event as a whole, individual participants may require more or less concern based on their health status and conditioning," said co-author Michael F. Bergeron, director of the National Institute for Athletic Health & Performance at Sanford USD Medical Center, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

The most notable change in AAP policy is the recognition that children can tolerate and adapt to exercise in heat as well as similarly fit adults, when adequate water is made available. The previous AAP policy, issued 11 years ago, suggested that children were less able to tolerate and adapt to heat stress compared with adults, but recent research has found youngsters and adults have similar physiological responses when exercising under the same conditions.

And see a doctor. The authors stressed it was very important that all young athletes see their pediatricians before starting any physical conditioning for fall sports,

Good advice, says the AAP, to beat the heat, while trying to beat the competition.

1. almxx

I would think that a blanket rule of NO EXHAUSTING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY

August 8, 2011 at 03:51 | Report abuse | Reply
    • greg

what kind of a rule would that be, that means no sports for the kids. That is smart in a country that already has a problem with obesity in children. Yes, lets not let the kids work to hard that would be awful.

August 8, 2011 at 08:17 | Report abuse |
    • Christopher

Greg, with all due respect, there is a point where it is JUST TOO HOT to be outside and doing strenuous physical activity (except swimming). 100+ degree temperatures is that point.

August 8, 2011 at 08:36 | Report abuse |
    • You Dumb

Kids need to exercise, not to death, of course, but banning it will also lead to their demise. Ask all the people with diabetes.

August 8, 2011 at 09:11 | Report abuse |
    • jem morgue

I work out in the sun all day, my two boys, 3 and 7 play outside all day long. teach them about water and shade and everything will be fine. Down in SE texas, haven't seen below 100 heat index in at least a month. But, we have been surviving on this planet for eons with changing heats, just let your damn kids play outside. Or keep them inside and turn em into a troll.

August 8, 2011 at 09:24 | Report abuse |
    • Marc

Must be a slow day at CNN....

August 8, 2011 at 11:30 | Report abuse |
    • mkjp

jem morgue is right. get your kids playing outside safely in all kinds of weather at a young age, and they will be able to handle it later. no one should be worked to death covered in football pads when the heat index is 120 or something insane like that, but it's also foolish to keep kids inside and not let them move an inch because it's hotter than 80 degrees. get them used to being active in the heat and they will be able to handle it later.

August 8, 2011 at 11:40 | Report abuse |
    • anna

Greg
      What an idiot you are!
      I hope you go out in extreme heat and excercise till you collapse.

August 8, 2011 at 14:29 | Report abuse |
    • Melina

Christopher – If 100 + were the standard then kids in AZ would never get to play sports. Our kids practice in 110 + and with propper hydration, water breaks and rest the seem to do just fine.

August 8, 2011 at 15:16 | Report abuse |
    • LaLa

Jem Morgue is correct. I work ina greenhouse where temps are well over 100 every day for months. You ahve to adjust. KIDS....I have a daughter that plays softball....NOT JUST PRACTICE...National tournaments....in this heat and we commonly play 8-10 games a weekend.....Even the parents are outside in it watching. YES: YOU HAVE TO TAKE SPECIAL MEASURES and it still can be dangerous. We experienced heat related issues this summer with our daughter, BUT WE WERE AWARE AND CAUGHT IT EARLY so it didn't become severe.
      We cannot afford to keep making excuses for children to not work hard,push themselves and keep making excuses as to why our little ones cannot endure any kind of stress/difficulty. IF WE DO we will become even more of an obese, and certainly unhealthier society!

August 8, 2011 at 15:48 | Report abuse |
    • MRN32

When I was in intermediate school I watch one of my class mates die of a heat stroke. It was nearing summer, very hot and the coach wanted us to take two laps around the field. I was watching this kid coming towards us, the look on his face. If you've never seen a kid stroke out and die count yourself lucky. I've lived with that look for over 30 years now. I can still close my eyes and see him coming towards me. We were told to go back to the gym, shower and go on to class. I've refused to allow my sons to practice during really hot days, and when they do practice I'm there watching them.

August 8, 2011 at 16:43 | Report abuse |
  2. almxx

When the temperature is above 87 degrees would be a practical, sensible rule of thumb.

August 8, 2011 at 03:53 | Report abuse | Reply
    • mrrogers

Um, so people in Phoenix shouldn't ever participate in exhaustive physical activity? No, people should just be educated and careful.

August 8, 2011 at 06:38 | Report abuse |
    • Robert

It depends a lot on the humidity, wind, sun... it's a very different situation if it's 80% humidity at midday with a cloudless sky and no wind than if it's 20% with a good breeze late in the afternoon or evening.

August 8, 2011 at 08:14 | Report abuse |
    • greg

I live in Florida, our kids would never be allowed outside if that was the rule. 5 to 6 months of the year the temperature is above 90 during the day with high humidity. October through march are the only relatively cool months. Even those months we have seen temparatures reach 90 during the day. We have to play sports in the heat and high humidity, kids just need to make sure they drink lots of fluids and coaches and parents need to be aware that when it is extremely hot as it has been that there needs to be more breaks.

August 8, 2011 at 08:15 | Report abuse |
    • SRC

Humans have been living in hot climates for aeons. But they have also adapted their behavior according to the temperature, not tried to charge on regardless. There is a reason why really hot countries (the Meditteranean, etc) have the tradition of the siesta. All physically exhausting work is done really early in the morning (yes, sometimes before 9;00, that means athletes sometimes get up at 4:30 to train and farmers tend to their fields at the crack of dawn) or after 6:00 PM. In-between it's time to take it slow and rest – preferably indoors or under a shady tree if you're outdoors.

August 8, 2011 at 10:25 | Report abuse |
    • Leo

When I lived in New Hampshire, I thought anything over 87 degrees was outrageously hot. I would sweat and feel like I was going to collapse.

Then I joined the Army and trained in 115 degree heat indexes while wearing full chemical protective gear.

And now, I live in Kansas City, where we had almost a month of 100+ degree heat. It was over 110 for a week, too. Right now, it's 91 degrees, and it feels incredibly cool. I'm going running later, but if I wasn't still at the office, the temperatures would be fine now.

The rules are simple: HYDRATE. Add some extra salt to your diet if you don't have hypertension. Take breaks. Exercise later in the afternoon when the sun is lower, because the direct sun is almost as bad as the actual temperature. HYDRATE MORE. Wear clothes that breathe.

See? That's not so hard, is it? If a staunch New Englander like me, who couldn't tolerate temps above 80 F, can acclimatize to 100+ F... then anyone can.

Oh, and I can still handle -40 F wind chills, too. HOOAH.

August 9, 2011 at 17:06 | Report abuse |
  3. xrashaan

I livedin az moving from new york played 2 years of highschool ball and the weather never botherd me...so n that case stop being punks and play through it....

August 8, 2011 at 07:20 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kraznodar

I would very much like to see you play through a bout of death. I always thought that death was fatal. How did you manage to get around the whole death being permanent thing?

August 8, 2011 at 14:55 | Report abuse |
  4. MannyHM

Common sense ! As a rule, kids now would rather play video games than play outdoors walking and running. The same kids will be subjected to episodic strenuous activity on a poorly conditioned body in an extreme environment under pressure from coaches and parents (and some peers) and you have a dangerous situation ! Minimize the danger by allowing the kids more rests allowing the body to adopt. Give proper hydration. Kids don't want to rest as a rule but they'll rest when tired and continue playing, Under pressure though from coaches, parents, and peers, they'll exceed their limits and that's when trouble comes.

August 8, 2011 at 08:53 | Report abuse | Reply
    • toomuchstupid

that was exactly my thought.

August 8, 2011 at 11:02 | Report abuse |
    • Kraznodar

Put limits on the video game playing and make them actually do something real. Then they will have the bodily reserves to handle more activity. Teach them about hydration and heat regulation. Charge the coaches with manslaughter. These are all pretty basic concepts that would fix the problem.

August 8, 2011 at 14:59 | Report abuse |
  5. Josh

Why can't they practice in the air conditioned "gym" in our new $58M high school?

August 8, 2011 at 09:17 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mac11

If they only practice inside, they will never develop a tolerance to the heat and when they have their first game in the heat, the health issues will only be worse.

August 8, 2011 at 10:06 | Report abuse |
  6. Bobby B.

I think cities should invest more into indoor practice facilities especially in areas where outdoor temperatures constantly exceed the high 80's and 90's..or as a alternative scheduled more late and evening practices especially in those sports such as football with the equipment that has to be worn.

Its sad to read about the number of players falling victim to heat these days, on the school level these kids aren't paid to perform they do it for enjoyment and our (fans) entertainment

Money generated from high school sports games and concessions that could help offset the cost of the facilities

August 8, 2011 at 09:41 | Report abuse | Reply
    • toomuchstupid

no its sad that the kids are in poor enough shape for this to happen in the first place. With proper acclimation to climate, hydration and physical conditioning, a heat injury is almost a non issue, unless your really pushing yourself to the limit in 80% humidity on a 110 degree day no able bodied human has an excuse for having a heat injury. As long as children are allowed to play video games hours on end instead of running around outside (couldnt tell ya the last time i saw kids playing outside) these kinds of stories are just going to appear more, and through our coddling further restrictions on childrens exercise will be enacted.

there was an article on here from a while ago, with a bunch of military generals giving their input on the fact that a pretty high percentage of American youths would not even qualify to enlist do to poor physical condition. http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/20/military.fat.fight/index.html

August 8, 2011 at 11:11 | Report abuse |
  7. Brian

Aside from the fact that kids spend all their time during the summer insude playing Xbox and getting fat, has anyone given thought to the fact that more and more young athletes go to school in climate controlled schools and live in climate controlled homes. I live in Ohio, near Lake Erie. We get stretches in Late July thru August of temps in the 90s w/ high humidity.
    My schools didn't have A/C, neither did my home. NOW, I have A/C at home & work, and all the new schools in our community are air conditioned. When I played Pee Wee through high school football, 2 a day football practices with temps in the 90s never bothered me. I had no problem riding my bike all over town to friends' houses or the beach in that kind heat either. Today, I walk out the door from work and the heat/humidity hits me right in the face. It takes forever for my body to adjust to the heat and humidity; and I'm still in fantastic shape. Just a thought.

August 8, 2011 at 09:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Curmodgeon

To all those who advocate strict curtailing of sports in 'high heat' conditions:

In the 50's, we went two-a-day with full pads in Western Nebraska when the temperature was 90 or higher. In those days, a coaching truism meant no water during practice in the belief that you would be in better condition quicker.

Read Jim Dent's "The Junction Boys" to get the feel of how a coach in that era prepared a team. Our coach, a few years out of the University of Nebraska, was a disciple of the Bear and although not quite as brutal, either made you or broke you.

No one ever suffered a heat-related problem. Why, I am not sure, but because we were either farm boys or the sons of working men and had spent our summers at hard physical labor, I suspect we were somewhat inured to the stresses of Art's kind attentions.

I would guess that if today's youngsters would push back from the keyboard and spend a good deal of their summers outside, running, riding a bike or playing sandlot ball that they would better survive a few weeks of hard activity in the late summer.

August 8, 2011 at 10:33 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ken

I would bet that there were deaths back in that era, but that they were not publicized to today's extent (hardly surprising given the effect of the internet). So while the overall conditioning of the younger generation may play a part, the deaths due to heat exhaustion mixed with underlying disease like sickle cell trait and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy would still have been happening back then – just like today.

August 8, 2011 at 11:33 | Report abuse |
    • nitr0j0e

I played sports from the early 70's until graduation in 83. Outdoors in the heat of Alabama but we always had the humidity to add a little extra. We had 2 a days with one drink of water; no more than a 5 count and a salt tablet. Nobody passed out or died....some did throw up. We practiced in the gym when it rained. The gym was not air conditioned. The kids today do not have the same safe neighborhoods that we did and cannot play outside as freely as we did. They still need to have some outdoor activity or they will never be able to survive having a job when they graduate if it involves being outdoors for long periods of time. We need more physical activity for our kids and less computer, video game, and phone time. All of my daughters play or have played softball at higher levels than school and we are out in the heat and cold all year long. You learn to adapt. My 2 younger daughters are both catchers and have to wear the equipment for several games a day during the weekends. Common sense and conditioning go hand in hand with the ability to adapt to the environment. It is not rocket science......

August 9, 2011 at 12:14 | Report abuse |
  9. bill

How many children have to die before hey stop this nonsense?

August 8, 2011 at 10:40 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jimbo

As many as is takes to have a winning season says the coatch.

August 8, 2011 at 10:49 | Report abuse |
    • Leo

How many wimpy parents are going to teach their kids to be sedentary and lazy?

Proper diet, proper HYDRATION, and acclimatization are all you need to hold a sports practice in all but the very worst heat. That is, unless your kid is lazy and out of shape, and has the constant luxury of air conditioning. You know, humans survived for thousands of years without AC, and life required a lot of physical work. What's your excuse?

August 9, 2011 at 17:15 | Report abuse |
  10. Pdfsmail

Life is more important than fun.. some of you sports enthusiasts need to understand that... I am all for sports but I am not goint to risk having heat stroke in the process. (Sports isn't everything, I feel sorry for you if you think that).

on the other hand, I lived in Florida for 15 years in hot extremely humid summer temps,
    heat does not affect everyone exactly the same way at any given temp... some people take longer to overheat, and have less resistance to heat.

There are other issues, such as:
    1. Not drinking enough WATER not (in these conditions I mean NO) soda, coffee, alcohol or other drinks... water water water water.. water yourself to death if you have to.. well that would defeat the point but I think you get the message.

2. Take FREQUENT breaks in a cooler location if possible (though it is not always)

3. Sweat... if you are not sweating when its hot you have a problem.. (drink more WATER!!!) ya you may stink too but it is necessary to help your body cool off.

4. Clothing... this is a hard one... some people say shorts and tshirt.. BUT the direct sunlight may cause more harm than good... I use to wear a shirt and pants...pants that blocked the sun but did not hold heat... just use sense here I guess. Don't wear black clothing, lighter clothes adsorb less heat.

5. Don't push yourself to the limit. Don't act like Mr Macho.. you will be next...

August 8, 2011 at 10:50 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jimbo

That's all good but it's not up to you. You get water and a break when you are told or you will be sitting the benches.

August 8, 2011 at 10:55 | Report abuse |
    • Pdfsmail

And that is an issue that should be addressed. To me that would be the same as neglect.
      Coaches are responsible for their teams, if you can not have water and break when you need it, then there should be no practice until the coach learns how to apropriately handle hot situations

August 8, 2011 at 11:03 | Report abuse |
  11. HPNIII

This whole subject is ridiculous, I'm in Ga. the temps are between 95 and 100 in early August every year. You can't change the weather, just change the starting date for games and practice. Will this mean having to change basket ball and base ball ? Well yea, probably, but we have been playing this game of Russian Roulette with our kids long enough, every year kids are dying from football related heat stroke, is the life of your child worth the inconvenience of changing all these starting dates, mine is.

August 8, 2011 at 11:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Moe

it is not that kids shouldn't play in the heat. It is that coaches and staff push them too hard. The ADULTS need to use some common sense

August 8, 2011 at 12:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. jgunt

The problem starts when kids are made to feel that they need to win at all costs and not practicing at 100% is unacceptable. It ia always the coaches responsibility to make sure conditions are safe but let's face it there are certainly coaches out there that put the win before all else. As a parent if you are not advocating for your child and aware of what is going on at practices you are just as much to blame.

August 8, 2011 at 12:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. lhh

I wonder how hot it is in Kenya, home to many world-class marathon runners.

August 8, 2011 at 12:25 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Glaird

I was a medium distance runner for 40+ years, in all kinds of conditions. I was raised in the desert. Here are a two easy common sense rules:

1) If you feel thirsty, no matter what the ambient conditions are, stop. You have already gone too far. Drink a common sense mixture of water, fruit/juices, and simple energy snacks until your body catches up.

2) If you are consuming a balance of water and electrolytes (fruit), are perspiring with ease, and 'also' making regular trips to the restroom, then you are hydrated sufficiently for the activity and conditions you are in.

This worked for me for my 60 years. It worked for the additional 30 years for my father, a heavy construction worker in desert climates.

August 8, 2011 at 12:44 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Burbank

Very good, common sense advice from someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Thank you.

August 8, 2011 at 13:26 | Report abuse |
  16. rod

It is simple have all the coaching staff and I mean all exercise with the kids and do everything they do.There would be more breaks then. Unfortunately then we would hear about some dead coaches because too many of them are fat as-es

August 8, 2011 at 13:28 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. J.R. Midwest

Why are we having such a problem in the Good Ole U. S. of A.??????

1. Kid's are staying inside more and playing the games on the play station or computer and not going out for physical activity.

2. Kid's are not told to go out and mow the yard with the push mower.. God no, that would make them sweat and would be considered abusive....

3. Work at home has become political and,,,, well you all get the point.

Our kiddo's are not ready for the heat and activity as they should be because they have been allowed by today's society to become lazy. Then to top it off, some coach didn't use good common sense and realize this and continued to push, push, push these tired little fellas further than they should have. They didn't use everything that they had been taught about heat related issues to consider the fact that the ones that they were coaching were not Supermen and couldn't take the brutal heat that caused the issues and even death.

So why don't we just cut to the chase. Exercise a little at a time in the heat. Take frequent brakes and then exercise some more working the way towards longer hotter sessions. Build up that tolerance! Slow but sure.

August 8, 2011 at 13:37 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. KF

Something my parents always thought me was 'everything in moderation' and also 'educate yourself'. I don't get along with the heat to be honest so all my running in the summer is done pretty much at 5 a.m. when it's cool but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to go outside once the mecury rises. I make sure to stick as much to shade as possible, dress accordingly, always wear sunscreen, I always carry a water bottle or even a gatorade/powerade (for adults) especially if I'm going to do some physical activities in the heat and I keep a close eye (monitoring) on my son. This way everyone gets to enjoy the great days of summers.

August 8, 2011 at 13:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. RealAthlete

It's heat. Yes, everyone handles it differently. Equally, not everyone can be an athlete. If little Timmy doesn't like sweating and wearing football pads, maybe he should be playing soccer. Athletes can handle any condition. If you can't (at any age), stay inside and get fat.

August 8, 2011 at 14:06 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Leo

Trust me, soccer players sweat. They run a lot more than football players. They crash into each other and run all-out for 90 minutes with barely a break. And they do it all without pads.

Football is a fat man's game (why else can "professional" football players can be fat and still get drafted?), which is why they sweat so much for so little activity. Too much fat and too much padding.

Soccer is a real man's (and woman's!) game. You run fast and you run constantly or you lose.

Chew on that... along with your potato chips.

August 9, 2011 at 17:23 | Report abuse |
  20. mark in nyc

if someone collapses and dies while practicing in this heat, the coach and school system should be charged with homicide, if not murder.

August 8, 2011 at 14:19 | Report abuse | Reply
    • UCFKnightman

Completely dumb especially when you have no benchmark for what is tolerable and kids could have unknown or undiagnosed conditions that could take only minutes to set in. Anyone can drop dead at anytime for any reason even in perfect weather.

August 8, 2011 at 15:31 | Report abuse |
  21. Boddie

Good article!

August 8, 2011 at 14:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. KM

Despite telling kids to stay hydrated, many kids are just too young to know their bodies well enough to realize what their limits are. My 5 yr. old is in football this year for the first time. They've been practicing for 3 weeks in 95+ degree heat in full gear and helmet. At one practice after an hour on the field he said he was feeling sick. He felt very hot and I asked the coach if he could sit out for a few minutes to see if he improved. I got a cold shoulder and it was suggested that if he sat out, then other kids might follow. It was eye-opening to think that the coach was more concerned with getting in a good practice than whether or not a kid might be in some kind of distress. The coach never even looked at him. HE'S 5 YEARS OLD! There are tons of fantastic coaches in this country, but unfortunately, some need to have direct supervision to make them do the right thing.

August 8, 2011 at 14:28 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Bobby, Austin Texas

getrdone

August 8, 2011 at 14:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Gotta love all the old folks passing the blame off on those dagnabbit computer games.

Why back in your day, you had to hike 15 miles to school, uphill both ways, in a heatwave, with 3 feet of snow on the ground, right?!

August 8, 2011 at 16:11 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ankit

With havin so much subject maaiterl and articles do you actually operate into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My website provides a lot of exclusive content I've possibly authored myself or outsourced however it seems like loads of it truly is popping it up all over the internet devoid of my permission. Are you aware any approaches to aid reduce maaiterl from currently being stolen? I'd unquestionably appreciate it.

October 11, 2012 at 08:00 | Report abuse |
  25. biggzad

My son is 9 and going on his second year of playing pee wee football his team has won the Championship 2 times in a row. We live in Kansas the temperature here has been over a 100 degrees for at least a month. A 8th grader had recently collapsed after running a pass play. He fell face forward in the grass right in front of me it was scary to see the young man go through this. I recently talked to my son and he basically does not want to play anymore because of the heat. I myself played football and I know how hard it is to practice in the heat. But my son isn't making millions of dollars now or college scouts aren't out there looking at his skills. His health is more important to me. I'd rather him playing at the local YMCA or GYM than in a heat wave that is unbearable.

August 8, 2011 at 17:19 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Coach Heath

There are a lot of good points of view here.From cut back on the video games to practicing inside,but as a high school football coach i would like to share my point of view.During hot summer practice i watch my players and i also talk to them.I know when the kids are tired,i know when the kids need a break.Water is the key folks!My boys walk around school with a gallon water jug and hydrate all day.A player can't expect to take a couple sips of water before practice and be ready for conditioning drills.I love to win but i love my players more than winning.For you parents with kids playing summer sports i beg you to make them drink more water than they want to.Talk with your kids about the importance of making sure their body is ready for the weather conditions they are going to play in.I love winning as much as the next coach but i love watching my players grow up more than i love winning football games.

August 8, 2011 at 17:40 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Melina

Great remark Coach Heath. I'd like to say you echo the sentiment of my son's HS coach and of my husband who has been coaching youth football for years. In AZ we deal with the heat from May until almost November. Water is key. On the teams I have been associated with a kid has never been told they can't have any water. Here most schools and youth teams have water at every station and take frequent water breaks.

August 8, 2011 at 18:04 | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Ma infatti io non pravalo di 360 o ps3, ho dettto piattforme, non console. Mi riferivo proprio al pc dove campeggia il mio amato crysis che attualmente imbattuto graficamente da qualsiasi altro gioco console Poi non che mi interessi pi di tanto aver sta grafica spettacolare sul wii, per quello mi sono assemblato un pc apposta, l'importante che i controlli vengano implementati bene senza far rimpiangere il caro vecchio mouse Per dirne una Onslaught diventato uno dei miei giochi preferiti (in generale non solo per wii) in quanto nonostante graficamente sia da primi giochi gamecube, i controlli sono perfetti e costa poco.

April 8, 2012 at 21:10 | Report abuse |
    • Jani

Review by Grady Harp for Rating: The August 2010 issue of POETS AND ARTISTS is yet another seusccs for this progressive magazine. There are many fine artists and poets contained in this beautifully designed issue, but one slight variation deserves note: there is a fourteen page excerpt from poet Laura McCullough's collection PENETRATION DANDELION. Not only are the excerpted poems of the highest quality, but the layout of this presentation of one poet's books is an art form in and of itself. Another pleasant aspect is Didi Menendez' decision to continue the Past Contributors' section, an opportunity for regular readers to watch the progress of their favorite painters displayed in previous issues. For instnace, young Jose9 Parra is represented by four new paintings completed since his last year's feature article and review. By including such information and visuals, Menendez encourages the reader to become visual collectors, appreciating the progression of the artists of today.As with every issue of this journal, this is a fine collection to own. Grady Harp, July10

April 14, 2012 at 14:31 | Report abuse |
  27. cross-country runner

Im a high school cc runner, and starting 2moro i am going to practice in the early afternoon heat every day. i love the heat and can deal with it pretty well. some of my other teammates, on the other hand, find it difficult to run when it is really hot. is heat-stroke an issue? totally. is that an excuse for people to stop excersising when it is hot? not at all. i am fairly able-bodied. however, being a runner i run about 8 miles per day sometimes 10. that coupled with the heat can present some problems.take it from me.

August 8, 2011 at 18:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. velocitie

Burbank is spot on. I'm an amateur triathlete and what he says is true. The Kenyans, best runners in the world, also say the same. The people who recommend evening workouts aren't considering the fact that the body needs rest even more so at night after a hot day, and working out at night does not give the body sufficient time to get the heart rate back down and keep it down. The key is the "keeping it down" part to ensure one's functions and metabolism return to normal.

August 9, 2011 at 00:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. melina

Morning sports practices are best in the heat. The guy who said anything above 87 is too hot, must live at the north pole. Here in the south... Smart coaches and trainers like myself utilize the morning cool. I can't say that I believe that grueling 2-a-days are necessary. They are overkill and don't give the body adequate rest. Good coaches educate their players on staying hydrated. Teens who go out and drink and party then attend practice dehydrated the next day are the ones who get sick. Practicing while dehydrated will make you sick. For afternoons here in texas, some coaches do an hour or so indoors followed by 30 minutes or so of outdoor practice. Its a good method. And somewhat safer. When its 110, and its going to remain 110, you just have to use your brain. Not keep your children inside. It gets hot in the summer, this isn't new science, people. Take appropriate measures.

August 9, 2011 at 10:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. seniorsliving

A lot of useful information in those links, thanks. I feel that it might even be too much for me to “digest” in just one week.
    adult day care

August 11, 2011 at 05:44 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Igor

Fidatevi sono screen della vsneiore Wii. Questo gioco sfrutta il motore grafico di Spyborgs che (anche se non lo sa nessuno perch Spyborgs non se lo filato di striscio nessuno) tra i migliori mai fatti per Wii.

April 8, 2012 at 11:44 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Siefkamal

Not staged, it was a re-enactment of somtiheng that really did happen. They figured it was so funny they needed to recreate it. They did a good job, but yes it would be cool if the first time it actually happened they had been recording their match. But just as good, same difference.

October 11, 2012 at 09:41 | Report abuse |
  32. skytmiycp

As far as I concerned, Louis Vuitton always use leather material as its handles.

Girls with outrageous outfits prance down catwalks bedecked withmau frills and bows and colours that clash.http://www.bagslouisvuittonsale.org Choose a bag that flatters your personality..Aldo's son Paolo got his father convicted by the IRS and later Uberto allied with his cousin Maurizio to outsource talent to save the company from ruin..
    8 thousand thousand, or simply forty four pennies a good publish, each year early.

September 13, 2012 at 15:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. parentswithkidsinsport

My brother recommended I would possibly like this website. He was totally right. This submit truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

September 27, 2012 at 08:47 | Report abuse | Reply