home
RSS
August 1st, 2011

What is that metallic body odor?

Every weekday, a CNNHealth expert doctor answers a viewer question. On Mondays, it's pediatrician Dr. Jennifer Shu.

Question asked by Laurie from Florida
Is it normal for a 12-year-old girl who has started her menstrual cycle for the first time, within the last six months to have a pungent, almost metallic, body odor? She gets teased for her smell all the time and we have tried everything to fix it.

Expert answer
Thanks for your question and I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's issue.

Adolescents definitely go through many changes during puberty. Body odors in particular may be caused by an increase in skin oils or sweat coming into contact with dirt, bacteria or dried blood.

Soap, laundry detergent, makeup, lotions and other products can also create pungent smells.

Sometimes such smells can be caused by certain medications or handling or wearing metallic objects. In addition, eating foods such as onions, garlic and strong spices may produce odors not previously noticed prior to puberty.

Is it possible to tell whether the odor is coming from a certain part of the body (nose, mouth, hands, feet, or armpits for example) or from the skin in general? Could it be related to her menstrual cycles?

Does she have any dental appliances in her mouth? Is she wearing certain sports articles regularly (shin guards, etc.) that may be the culprit?

Rarely odors may be a sign of a metabolic disorder or other imbalance, in which case blood or urine tests may be needed. It may be helpful to have your daughter checked out by her pediatrician to rule out a medical cause for the odor.

The doctor may recommend certain antibacterial cleansers or antiperspirants in addition to regular bathing and laundering clothes as well as any medical treatment if necessary.

Follow Dr. Shu on Twitter

1. Jorge

Folks in this country are too queasy and waaaay too easily annoyed, they forget that you have to take as well as you dish out. Recently a coworker complained to me about how folks of my ethnicity smelled like garlic or cilantro when we perspired in the hot sun, I retorted that the phenomenon was not exclusive to my ethnicity, because his smelled like sour milk...

August 1, 2011 at 08:30 | Report abuse | Reply
    • dragon8me

For a nation that considers it's self Christian, maybe they should at least follow the most important teaching of Jesus, which was the golden rule, treat others the way you want to be treated. It's not exclusively Christian teaching. Even us non religious types understands that it makes sence. We've become a selfish and greedy people.

August 1, 2011 at 10:23 | Report abuse |
    • Troy

@ dragon8me, do you really expect Christians to actually follow the example of Christ? Never gonna happen.

August 1, 2011 at 10:35 | Report abuse |
    • Celia

C'mon Troy, not fair. Not all Christians are the same, just like everyone in the world is not the same. Some Christians try our best to be a good person and repent when we're not. We're not perfect but neither are you or anyone else. Sometimes I am embarrased of how some Christians act, sometimes I'm embarrased about how I act. It's all a learning experience to be a better person, or in a Christian's case, to be like Christ. Grouping us all into one category is silly. I guess because we are Christians we are under more scrutiny than the athiest, because we are given certain rules that we're supposed to live by and when we do not adhere, there's always someone like you ready to point it out. Personally I like to read in my spare time, but to each their own.

August 1, 2011 at 12:49 | Report abuse |
    • Sean

@Celia
      “C'mon Troy, not fair. Not all Christians are the same, just like everyone in the world is not the same”
      I agree and this would support Troy’s comment. Just because you try your best doesn’t mean everyone does. Come on now wake up.

August 1, 2011 at 16:25 | Report abuse |
    • Critical Thinker

Notice how none of these replies have anything to do with the post? Something about Christianity bla bla bla.

Anyways, Jorge, that is so true. Some white people have a sour milk smell. Black people smell like something burning. Asians smell like their meals. I think it's just nature's way of helping us stay within our tribe. Mixed race couples must really love each other to put up with the smell.

August 1, 2011 at 18:20 | Report abuse |
    • reggie schaffer

Lupus

August 1, 2011 at 22:45 | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

Certain deodorant does that for me – I cannot use Degree brand at all!

August 1, 2011 at 09:08 | Report abuse | Reply
    • iamthefredman

Most major brands of deodorant/anti-perspirant contain large amounts of powdered aluminum. Some people are allergic to it and get skin reactions. Some people are allergic and get the metallic smell coming from their pores or sweat. My daughter had the same thing. We switched her to TOMs Of Maine All Natural Deodorant and no more odor and she smells like a little flower. Try it.

August 1, 2011 at 13:02 | Report abuse |
    • ho-de-do

"We switched her to TOMs Of Maine All Natural Deodorant and no more odor and she smells like a little flower."

Yeah – probably one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpse_flower

August 1, 2011 at 21:50 | Report abuse |
  3. ac

I suffered from the same thing at that age when I started my period. I don't think anyone else could smell it but I could and it drove me crazy. I still get a metallic taste in my mouth every now and then during my period. My doctor never could give me a reason. I've always had a problem with red meat and chalked it up to an iron deficiency or over production in my blood.

August 1, 2011 at 09:12 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Seth

Maybe hemochromatosis? Might be worth checking into – can cause liver damage in the long run.

August 1, 2011 at 12:48 | Report abuse |
    • DNADEB

me too. It seemed like an iron smell. nothing seemed to get rid of it

August 23, 2011 at 21:29 | Report abuse |
  4. Mom in Villa Rica

A blind man once said he could tell when a woman was having her menstrual cycle due to the metallic smell of her skin. Get your daughter some clinical strength deodorant. It costs a lot more but will do away with the awful smell teenagers tend to get. Insist she shower daily and changes pads or tampons very often. This too shall pass.

August 1, 2011 at 09:32 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Duh

The metallic smell is from her blood. Is she wearing tampons? or changing them often? If she's wearing pads the smell is worse b/c the blood just sits there and ferments...ewwwww. Get her tampons, tell her to change them often. Maybe she can try powder down there?

August 1, 2011 at 11:32 | Report abuse |
    • Er

Women should NEVER use powder "down there". It can cause cancer.
      Also cancer-causing: clinical strength deodorant. WAY too much aluminium.

Why are people dispensing medical advice as if they are doctors?

August 1, 2011 at 11:42 | Report abuse |
    • Antebellum

@ER

I'd like to see a link to the study concluding that powder causes ovarian cancer.

Furthermore, why do doctors think they know everything? If they did, they wouldn't be so quick to prescribe medicines like Accutane, Redux, Vioxx, ect. Let's me honest, there's a reason it's called "practicing" medicine.

August 1, 2011 at 14:15 | Report abuse |
    • steve

"Why are people dispensing medical advice as if they are doctors?" -Er
      "I hope readers will share their advice for dealing with this type of situation in the comment area below. Good luck!" -Dr. Shu

Maybe because the author of the article, a doctor, asked them to?

August 1, 2011 at 14:18 | Report abuse |
    • Jon

Hannibal Lecter had a nose for that sort of thing. He had a terrific sniffer.

August 1, 2011 at 14:42 | Report abuse |
    • Sean

@Antebellum
      “Furthermore, why do doctors think they know everything?”

What a random question. I don’t see a comment from a doctor or suggesting what you say. Unless you are responding to the article and not the person you hit ‘reply’ to, in this case I pose a question for you. In regards to a medical question who would you defer to instead of a doctor? If you think you know more than a doctor (in regards to medicine) you are likely a complete simpleton. Do you know more about space travel than a NASA aeronautics engineer? I have my doubts

But I’ll attempt to answer your question. In short.. they don’t. I have a few doctors in the family. They are the first to tell you in many cases they DON’T know. Much of medicine as with all science is trial and error. Some doctors can be arrogant. This however is a human trait not something limited to doctors.

August 1, 2011 at 16:40 | Report abuse |
    • DNADEB

BTW some of us have PhDs in Biochemistry and TAUGHT mds. for what that was worth.
      We have a good idea of what they really know.

August 23, 2011 at 21:31 | Report abuse |
  5. XaVIER

I believe it may be adamantium,

August 1, 2011 at 09:48 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Striker

Yes, I'd know that smell anywhere.

August 1, 2011 at 17:01 | Report abuse |
  6. calico

Metallic odor may be how she is describing the iron-rich menstrual blood. Assuming she's not having an abnormally large flow, it may come down to a hygiene issue. She's a teen. Teen girls need to be taught how to use feminine products - we're not born knowing this. Is she changing the pad every few hours, even when it doesn't seem very wet? Is she changing the tampon often enough? Does she shower daily during her period, rising her private areas well?

If she is having abnormally long or larger flow periods, she should talk to her doctor. A real doctor, not the internet dingbat who thinks shin guards cause menstrual period-only odor (??)

August 1, 2011 at 09:55 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Er

Seriously. I laughed at the shin guard part. Is this person really a dr.???

August 1, 2011 at 11:43 | Report abuse |
    • steve

In order to answer a question with any certainty one must know all the details. It could come down to something obvious or it could be a combination of things. The timing of her period could be coincidental. The only stupid question is the one unasked.

August 1, 2011 at 14:22 | Report abuse |
    • Sean

“Does she shower daily during her period, rising her private areas well?”

I would hope everyone is doing this daily REGARDLESS if you are having a M-cycle

August 1, 2011 at 16:43 | Report abuse |
  7. Chris

Prescribe some Summer's Eve for that girl.

August 1, 2011 at 10:00 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Randy

Is that what worked for you?

August 1, 2011 at 10:46 | Report abuse |
    • Er

Douching is bad for you.

August 1, 2011 at 11:42 | Report abuse |
  8. Mindy

I think the doctor's response is very odd here. Metallic smells are not unusual to people, and not likely because of dental appliances or jewelry. I have a highly sensitive sense of smell and very often in the winter while standing in line I can smell a "metallic" smell in a person who may be sick or in family members directly before they get sick. Which is why I'm surprised to see here the doctor just passing the odor off. I'm not saying your daughter may have an infection, but that there is a variety of reasons her body chemistry is producing an new odor just as new things are happening to her body. I'm inclined to agree with Mom in Villa Rica, that this will pass and just to make sure your daughter practices good hygiene. Teenagers go through a range of pungent odors as their body makes changes and everyone smells differently.

August 1, 2011 at 10:02 | Report abuse | Reply
    • ac

I agree. I smell metallic breath or body odor on people frequently. If they are becoming ill, their breath can smell like pennies. Menstruating women smell pungently meaty, not metallic. I smell iron sweat on older men, and I suspect that's connected to their blood pressure since when my dad started taking diovan, his body odor changed to become more normal. I get a lot of information from scents, and I'd suspect some sort of health issue since I've known other people with "off" body odors who were later diagnosed with problems.

August 23, 2011 at 13:26 | Report abuse |
  9. TryThis

It could just be a hormonal reaction with the sweat glands. I didn't read the question as saying it only happens during her period, but rather, it started when her period started and is ongoing. My recommendation for ANY skin issue is Hibicleans. This is an anti-microbial sterile solution you can purchase at any pharmacy (first aid area). Use it in the shower each morning, it won't lather, just bathe up and rinse off. It's also great for helping clear up acne. My amazing dermatologist turned me on to this many many years ago and it is amazing. Good luck!

August 1, 2011 at 11:55 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fiona

That product has a high concentration of chlorhexidine, and should not be used unless necessary. It can be harmful.

August 1, 2011 at 17:27 | Report abuse |
  10. Skynyrd

A girl who sat next to me in elementary school suddenly started having this overwhelming bad smell that was with her all the time. It was a really odd scent, more hormonal than sweaty/dirty. She'd been such a well-liked confident, fun, charismatic, tom-boy. After that she became very reserved and shy. She must have gotten teased a lot, or at least got some weird looks. I never ran into her for long in jr. high, but hopefully she outgrew it or came up with some solution.

August 1, 2011 at 12:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. DathJuthThtupid

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

August 1, 2011 at 12:28 | Report abuse | Reply
    • iamthefredman

Don't feed the cat ever again.

August 1, 2011 at 13:03 | Report abuse |
    • Bart

I bent my wookie

August 1, 2011 at 17:44 | Report abuse |
    • joe

My dog's breath smells like the bowles of hell.

August 2, 2011 at 11:33 | Report abuse |
  12. Brad8888

How about changing from vitamin tablets that contain iron to some other ones that don't, assuming that, like many children, she is taking vitamin supplements?

August 1, 2011 at 12:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Kate

There is a rare symptom of PCOS, which shows up at puberty that causes a bad body odor that only some people can detect. It is caused by the body emitting a steroid hormone. Spironolactone (a drug) can suppress it. You can also use rubbing alcohol on a pad under your arms to cut it down immediately. PCOS stands for polycystic ovary syndrome. Other symptoms are irregular periods, weight gain around the middle, acne and more uncommonly facial hair. Get your daughter to a knowledgeable gynecologist for diagnosis.

August 1, 2011 at 12:41 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kate

More specifically, use the pad to wipe off the underarms. (I reread it and it wasn't clear).

August 1, 2011 at 12:44 | Report abuse |
  14. BestWishes

I remember an episode of Mystery Diagnosis that had a female with a very similar set of symptoms. It started out with menstruation. The girl developed a strong oder she couldn't get rid of. The poor girl and her mother went from doctor to doctor always getting prescribed different deodorants or being told there was nothing wrong. I can't remember the name of the disease, but because it took so long to find a doctor that could help the disease caused the girl intellectual impairments. I hope this girl and her family keep pushing till she can find a doctor that will help.

August 1, 2011 at 12:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. BeenThere

Guys give off strong odors also as they approach puberty. Mine was metallic in nature also, sweat, not blood was the issue. Multiple baths per day was the only thing that helped. Finally I peeked and after a few nights of wet dreams it all stopped. Be nice to the kids, they can't help it.

August 1, 2011 at 13:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. CJ

This might sound crazy....but does she wear a self-tanner? Most self-tanners have such a bad odor, and they do remind me of a metallic smell.

August 1, 2011 at 13:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Jon

Right you are koko. That is some funky stuff, too. Must be the mix of goat and curry.

August 1, 2011 at 14:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Charles Gilman

AKA- we don't know. Good job, CNN.

August 1, 2011 at 15:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Monica

I had the same problem but my doctor found that I was anemic. You may want to have a blood test run to check your daughters iron count.

August 1, 2011 at 15:26 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Dan

I've heard of having a metallic or amonia-like "taste" in your mouth...but as far as a smell, not too sure. However, if it were me...or if I had a child with this problem, I'd bring this up with my physician and/or a skin doctor (forgot the term for this profession). There's nothing wrong with being over-cautious for your daughter's sake. Good luck.

August 1, 2011 at 15:35 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Burbank

Maybe she is an alien-human hybrid.

August 1, 2011 at 16:25 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. T3chsupport

Um... blood smells metallic....? (does to me, anyway)
    2+2=?

August 1, 2011 at 16:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Aarcade

Is she taking vitamins? Some like One A Day Plus Iron will come out your pores as an odd smell.

August 1, 2011 at 16:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Poppy

Often when I pass gas there is an odd smell.....should I go to the Dr?

August 1, 2011 at 16:48 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Susan G.

I think the doctor's appointment that you need to schedule is psychiatric in nature.

August 8, 2011 at 16:13 | Report abuse |
  25. JW

Perhaps it is the body cleaning itself out, and for some reason there is an abundance of metals in the body?

August 1, 2011 at 16:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. sweetlysmart

I would have sworn that I clicked on CNN Health. How'd I end up at CNN Politics?

August 1, 2011 at 17:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Mary

It is not uncommon for girls nearing/reaching puberty to have a strange odor about them (not specific to any body area or mensration). I had not known this myself until I helped chaperone a slumber party for 12 girls about 9 years old. One other parent commented about knowing which girls were closer to puberty than the others by their smell. At first I thought she was nuts, but after hugging my daughter and several other of the girls, I too noticed that there was an odor common to some of them. It was stronger on some than others, but for the girls at this party it was not noticable on any unless they were litterally right under your nose. I've now had 2 daughters and one Girl Scout troop go through this stage. I use the term stage because that is what it is/was.

August 1, 2011 at 17:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Fiona

Why anyone who is concerned about a child's health would write to the online doc, I cannot understand. Take her to the doctor, for heaven's sake. I wonder whether the daughter, being a teen who has just gone through puberty, is dieting excessively. Ketones on the breath (your body consuming its own muscle protein) can occur with extreme dieting. It smells like acetone. It could even be a sign of something quite serious, such as kidney damage, or diabetes. She could be doing drugs you don't know about. On the more practical side, has she ever been taught how to cleanse herself properly? It sounds funny, but a lot off off smells can reside in one's navel. Are her clothes being washed regularly - including her bras? Does she have pierced ears, and if so does she keep the piercings clean? Is she reacting to the metal in jewelry she wears daily - the chemistry of the skin changes with puberty? Does she know how to maintain a healthy mouth (brushing, flossing, and tongue scraping) and does she go to the dentist regularly?

August 1, 2011 at 17:18 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Andrea Sadat

I have never seen this discussed before I'm very excited. My former husband was able to tell when I was close to menstrauting because of a slight metallic breath. He liked the smell and sometimes it was just nice knowing I was about to have a period.

That's what I know about the smell.

August 1, 2011 at 17:28 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. J

My neice had the same problem and it turned out to be childhood diabetes. She was also really sick, however.

August 1, 2011 at 18:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Helen

I used to work with a woman that had a "stench" that was very peculiar. No one wanted to sit by her or use the restroom after her. Her doctor could not help. She ended up going to a Naturopath, even though she did not believe in them because he was not an MD and her insurance would not pay. Her parents advised her not to go because they thought he was a "snake oil" con-artist. She went anyway because she was so desperate and her boyfriend could not even stand her smell. The Naturopath told her to stop using anything with any form of aluminum such as powdered coffee creamers and certain deoderants. He told her to stop using a protein supplement to "beef her up" because it was chemically suited for males. And he told her to cut back or cut out processed food and dairy. Also, he told her that women who followed the Adkins diet, high in meat with too much protein smelled metallic. Many of us overdose on protein. The AMA says only the size of a deck of cards, yet we all think we need tons of protein. No one in the US has EVER had a protein deficiency! Within DAYS her smell completely disappeared. After years of suffering, she was cured!

August 1, 2011 at 18:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. nalukea

Maybe an OB/GYN might be able to help (since the smell coincides with the beginning of her period). After eliminating any health reason for the smell, I've found the supplement called Body Mint to be pretty effective in reducing the not-so-pleasant smells that my body sometimes emits.

August 1, 2011 at 18:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Aluminum?

August 1, 2011 at 22:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Amy

How much sugar products does she eat? I had a terrible smell as a teen because of sugar and corn syrup. When I cut it way back the smell left, but it started at puberty.

August 1, 2011 at 22:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. squirk

The Palins? Who are the Palins? Are they important people? Are they people I should care for?

August 1, 2011 at 23:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. LibertyBelle

I think we are regressing because we pretty much have the answer. So maybe the doc was right in inviting comments. Menstrual cycle means blood and blood contains iron-thus the metallic smell. I suspect the reason the smell is stronger than others is because her blood is high in iron. It would be pretty easy for her to have this checked by her physician.

August 1, 2011 at 23:45 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. svann

Wilsons disease. Its always wilsons disease on house.

August 1, 2011 at 23:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. svann

If you stink there's either something wrong or you arent taking care of yourself. Ive been around enough ethnicities to know that races dont stink, only some individuals do.

August 2, 2011 at 00:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. chris

Sometimes a lack of zinc will cause excessive body odor in teen.

August 2, 2011 at 02:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Cory

Ya know, everytime I get my blood drawn there is a metallic odor in the air. And the people there said it was normal cuz it was the iron in the blood. Which I can believe cuz whenever I am on my M-period I do smell a metallic odor. It doesn't smell foul or pungent just... like a hint of metal.

Now if it is so strong that kids are making fun of her cuz of it, then she just may need to change her tampons/ pads more often. Maybe take 2 showers a day during that time? Change her under garments more often, etc. Maybe eat less Iron during that time? Idk I'm not a doctor but I am simply saying what works for me. As we all know, everyone is different in reactions to body functions. My sisters M-period immobilizes her for a few hours due to the unbearable pain. Mine, yea there's pain but I can manage. So...She just has to find what works for her, exploring every possibility.

August 2, 2011 at 03:26 | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Avser Bastian

GOVERNMENT "AFTERLIFE" FLASH MOB OR REAL SHOOTING IN UTOYA, NORWAY !!? stateofterror.blogspot.com/ or stateofterror.wordpress.com/ TEARS OF SORROW AND PAIN ON FACES OF MOURNERS OR TEAR GAS AND THEATER/HYPOCRISY ON FACES OF MULTICULTURALISM MANIACS !!? NORWEGIAN OSLO POLICE or COMMUNIST/LIBERAL CRIMINALS IN BLUE UNIFORMS WHO WERE PREPARING FOR TERROR AGAINST NORWAY ALREADY HALF DECADE AHEAD !!? No doubt about bombing in Oslo, but what about shooting in Utoya which was no different from the one in Arizona !!!? WILL THERE BE OBAMINATOR MORALES'S APOCALYPSE NOW OR TOTAL WAR AGAINST NEW WORLD ORDER(multiculturalism) !!? STOLTENBERG = BREIVIK(90 minutes vs 30 and for government vehicles or police even 20 minutes the most) !!!

DICTATOR OBAMA = STALIN = BUSH or USA = SOVIET UNION http://avsecbostjan.blogspot.com/ or http://avsecbostjan.wordpress.com/

COMMUNISM(Slowenien/Slovenia) IN CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE TODAY(2011) !!! http://sloveniatoday.blogspot.com or http://easterneuropetoday.wordpress.com/

August 2, 2011 at 04:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Canopy

Must everything become a medical problem requiring diagnosis. Get that girl some Summer's Eve!

August 2, 2011 at 05:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  43. riprap

Do a web search for Innermint. It deodorizes the body from the inside.
    It really works.

August 2, 2011 at 05:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  44. she

perhaps the child has too much iron in her system. She should be tested for that. It can be dangerous, except that for females it is fortunate that they do menstruate and are able to release excess iron. I am surprised the Dr didn't think of that

August 2, 2011 at 06:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. joe

I knew a girl in grammer school who smelled like chicken soup. I fell hopelessly in love with her because I really love chicken noodle soup.

August 2, 2011 at 11:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Kaka Bweha

The smell is from the iron in the blood from the menstrual cycle. The girl needs to use a natural deodrant like Tom's and also get check out for Anemia. When some girls have this smell they also tend to become anemic. I had sisters and cousins who had the same. Not a big deal, as with anything, manage it, dot worry it will come to pass.

August 2, 2011 at 12:02 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Patrice

The family should try Nullo....it rids your body of unwanted body odors, with no side effects.

August 2, 2011 at 16:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Frank

I was always taught the GOLDEN RULE was "He with the most money made the rules"

August 8, 2011 at 15:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Momof5

My oldest stinks worse than I ever did as a teen. We've tried everything we could think of too. She'd shower twice a day, changed deodorant to the clinical strength, etc, and it wouldn't help. We may try the all natural stuff too! Hoping it helps (have 3 of them that are starting the stinky stage.

August 18, 2011 at 18:19 | Report abuse | Reply
  50. oh please

in case youre a total idiot......BLOOD contains IRON and it has a VERY liquid metallic scent to it.

August 20, 2011 at 23:44 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cleidimilson

that the whole solar technology field is still fluid as sciettisns look at different ways of capturing and converting solar energy. In this post he describes efforts to use concentrated solar to heat compressed air rather than water,Was the air compressed to a liquid? Very best wishes are offered on your surgery. I'm not into metaphysics, but on this occasion I wish I could make an exception and contribute emotionally to your speedy recovery.

November 16, 2012 at 03:23 | Report abuse |