home
RSS
What the Yuck: Hot yoga or hot mess?
May 27th, 2011

What the Yuck: Hot yoga or hot mess?

Q: My friend keeps trying to drag me to her hot yoga class, but could it be hazardous?

It could be. Bikram yoga, also known as hot yoga, takes place in a room that is 100 to 105 degrees with 40 percent humidity. Exercising in such a warm room can cause dehydration or heat stroke, so be sure to drink plenty of water (at least 16 ounces) before and during hot yoga.

Also, these conditions can be stressful on your heart, so if you have heart disease, stay away. Others who should steer clear of Bikram: children, the elderly, and pregnant women.

If you decide to give hot yoga a whirl but start to feel dizzy, faint, nauseous, or sick in any way, stop right away because you could be heading toward heat stroke. Also, if you take any prescription medication or have a serious health condition of any kind, talk to your doctor first before taking this kind of class.

Copyright Health Magazine 2011

1. David

I had back problems for years from Scoliosis. Debilitating back problems. I tried everything and saw ten doctors over a span of 20 years. Not one of them was helpful. All they could do is observe me, offer me pain killers, or recommend a surgery that wasn't necessarily going to stop my pain.

I tried Bikram Yoga for the first time almost 7 years ago. I have never looked back. It is hard. It is no joke. But it worked. I went for a physical about two years after starting Bikram and I have no scoliosis. My doctor's jaw dropped. He had never even heard of anyone having corrected their own scoliosis before.

If you are afraid of pain, then Bikram is not for you. But if you put in the time, the results are beyond anything I could have imagined. Before Bikram I looked down on yoga, but it's the only thing that has given me my life back.

May 28, 2011 at 19:07 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lynn

Power yoga and pilates did the same thing for me-I've been problem free for years now. My S curve was not severe but it was enough to cause back pain/problems. Congratulations on finding a surgery and drug free solution!

May 29, 2011 at 07:31 | Report abuse |
    • Inigo

I don't think this was a fair article because it only presented the negatives without mentioning th positives. In my case, I started Bikram yoga due to bad back health and nothing I have tried before or since has been as helpful for me. I have wondered about potential negatives from Bikram but aftere going numerous times, I've never seen anyone harmed. I agree that someone with a bad heart should probably get the heart working better before they try Bikram

May 29, 2011 at 15:16 | Report abuse |
  2. Thomas McElroy

I have been doing Bikrams for several years and when I go I have no heart problems at all. when I do not go my health falls apart.. so now I am going all the time.. I have 21 stents and I always feel better and my health is stronger and more robust when I go. My doctors said to me 16 weeks ago "you need open heart surgery." I said no way... went back to yoga. now I can walk again...

May 28, 2011 at 20:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Olivia

The person who wrote this article should have possibly done their research on bikram yoga. In studies done with NASA bikram cured aging people with osteoporosis. Western medicine WILL NOT acknowledge the healing powers of bikram. Walk into any bikram or hot yoga studio in the world and you will hear ENDLESS stories of curing scoliosis, back pain of all sorts, and countless diseases. It is an INCREDIBLE gift and if your friend would like to take you to a class he/or she is trying to open your world up to something truly priceless. The author of this article should have also done research on the HISTORY of yoga, whileit does connect the mind, body, and spirit (Yoga actually MEANS unity) yoga is in NO WAY meant to be easy. The idea that yoga is supposed to be this easy meditative experience is a western myth. The idea that we gain anything in life without hard work, discipline, and intensity is farce. While bikram is not a walk in the park, it will not only take you to the optimal level of health ,but to new spiritual horizons. To add, Bikram s NEVER about pain ,but intensity... The results speak for themselves! Clearly, I am a passionate follower and believer in the POWER of bikram yoga!

May 28, 2011 at 21:14 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark

I dont think everyone has to be defensive that is NOT what the author is saying. The article did not put down yoga, only the heat and humidity that can indeed a problem for those with heart or breathing issues? are you saying they should not be more cautious? perhaps a light form of yoga might be better suited to them.

May 29, 2011 at 19:25 | Report abuse |
    • recipesbychuck

That's because Western medicine relies on things like facts and repeatable results, not subjective anecdotes. The author did nothing more than state the obvious – that this type of yoga is strenuous and not for people who have a hard time with hot and humid conditions. It is very telling how quickly people want to argue that it is horribly biased.

May 29, 2011 at 20:42 | Report abuse |
    • shannon Ellis

Well, actually Bikram Yoga does rely on facts and research. I and many other women I know practiced Bikram Yoga throughout pregnancy and it made my pregnancy and labor go very well. If this author actually did some research, he might see what I see as a teacher, which is that people learn to listen to their bodies and that they heal their bodies with this practice. I have taught hundreds of classes and practiced for many years and very rarely see injuries sustained or health problems occurring due to this yoga. And what good is a yoga practice that only teaches you to relax under perfect conditions? Due to my practice, I can relax anywhere, anytime, no matter what kind of stressful situation I am in...

May 29, 2011 at 21:02 | Report abuse |
    • shannon Ellis

And in addition to my anecdotal evidence, there have been studies done on the benefits of Bikram yoga by various scientists associated with very prestigious universities...

May 29, 2011 at 21:04 | Report abuse |
    • Marie

I would also read this particular article before jumping to the defense of hot yoga. if this sport is done properly, it can have many benefits like any kind of good exercies. yoga in particular looks into the realignment of the body. I would never recommend hot yoga to someone who is trying to better their flexibility. i would first introduce them to a yoga class in a normal environment.
      Hot yoga kinda stands doesnt quite fit in with the yoga world for reasons explained in the link im posting. it feels more like a stretching and pilates challenge in a ridiculously hot environment that goes beyond the human bodys actual natural tempature. also be sceptical of anything whether its the little pink pill or the homeopathic herbs in your tea. look into things and make an educated decision for yourself but not for others.

here is a link that supports this

October 29, 2012 at 16:47 | Report abuse |
  4. Bob Schmidt

I was sort of taking Dr. Raj seriously until he revealed his complete ignorance of "yoga" by telling us what yoga is meant to be, i.e., a relaxing meditative activity. That is not actually what "yoga" is meant to be. Thanks for the ignorant remarks Dr. Raj; maybe you should stick to commenting on something you might know a little bit more about.

May 28, 2011 at 21:20 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. agreed

Bikram is great. It is definitely more vigourous than standard yoga for the heart, however –despite what it may appear to be. It is a fantastic experience. I am easily bored at standard yoga but feel bikram is invigorating and refreshing. I love the way I feel afterwards, and feel cleansed. All the water is great...bring two bottles and enjoy! Silly article though!

May 28, 2011 at 21:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Wayne95

another clueless hack writing crap on a subject they know nothing of. I expect better of CNN, but I guess this outlet has gone past its' prime as well...

May 28, 2011 at 22:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. grinder

Everyone responding here has missed the point. Yoga is spposed to be meditative and your mind and body are supposed to be in a relaxed state. Apparently everyone here secretly enjoys S&M and tells their friends its yoga. You silly Americans will buy a box of pandapoo if you think it makes you cool.

May 28, 2011 at 23:55 | Report abuse | Reply
    • lawn lizard

yoga means union, however not the materialistic union, the union that yoga speaks of is selflessness, something you prolly will never understand, because you sound greedy and jealous of people that feel good and respond to the healing power of Bikram.

May 29, 2011 at 08:36 | Report abuse |
    • CT

No, *some* asana practices can be meditative and relaxing. Some asana practices can be strength based. Yoga as a spiritual philosophy encompasses eight limbs, of which one is meditation, and asana is a second. But the asana practices do not all have to be a relaxing walk in the park to be "yoga." Asana should involve focus and balance, yes, but poses like Eka Pada Koundiyanasana aren't necessarily "relaxing," yet these are poses that weren't invented by a modern style of yoga like Bikram.

May 29, 2011 at 10:23 | Report abuse |
  8. ag

Yoga is not meant to punish your body. The people who are saying that they benefited from "hot yoga" , probably did not try normal yoga. They would have got the same health benefits. Shows how ignorant can people be.

May 29, 2011 at 00:09 | Report abuse | Reply
    • LEB

You're calling other people ignorant, yet you assume that they've never tried any other type of yoga? For your information, I tried several "regular" yoga classes and never got into it, but when I tried a beginner yoga class I was hooked. The warmth is comfortable, and it feels good to sweat. Plus, the power/vinyasa style classes have a wonderful aerobic element that the typical slow-stretching style yoga does not have.

So, have YOU ever tried hot yoga? How many times? At how many studios? How can you say you don't like it if you've never given it a fair shot?

May 30, 2011 at 02:56 | Report abuse |
    • Liza

Agreed! And Hot yoga is an Americanized yoga. Any hatha yoga guru will tell you this. No hot yoga for me. Thank you very much.

June 21, 2011 at 13:21 | Report abuse |
  9. mike

Tried hot yoga once, Ended up leaving in an ambulance. Sticking with regular yoga custom designed to be something I can do.

May 29, 2011 at 00:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. William

S&ex is 1000% better after hot yoga ....

May 29, 2011 at 05:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. L

I don't even like hot weather, but the studio didn't seem that hot the couple of times I tried it. It seemed soothing somehow – like sauna or a hot bath. Vigorous exercise outside in the summer is much harder for me. It does seem like Dr. Raj has never been in a bikram class.

May 29, 2011 at 06:54 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Beth

I love hot yoga but passed out way too many times and the last time I practiced it I ended up in the ER with heat stroke. The class was overcrowded and too hot. The doctor who treated me said he sees this too many times and wonders why anyone would put themselves at such a risk!

May 29, 2011 at 07:36 | Report abuse | Reply
    • LEB

Beginners shouldn't take the classes where the room is heated to the full 105 degrees. It takes time to build up the tolerance for that kind of heat. Only a dedicated cyclist would bike a 10K in Arizona summer... for a beginner it would be insane. Same goes with hot yoga.

Not all studios offer beginner classes with a cooler room, but a lot do. The beginner class I started with heated the room around 88 degrees. Trust me, you can still work up a good sweat! These days, some yoga studios that are not specifically hot yoga also heat the room up some, so if you hunt around you might find a studio with classes more to your liking.

May 30, 2011 at 03:01 | Report abuse |
  13. Jonah

I have practiced BIKRUM yoga for years. In many cases when a studio offers a "hot yoga" class it is NOT Bikrum. That said, in all of my years of practice I have never seen someone fall ill or faint (or worse) from the heat plus strenuousness of the exercise. You are instructed to drink plenty of water before your practice begins (someone you should do anyway) and if you are new to the practice, the instructor can offer you a "cooler" spot on the floor. Further, I have had all ages of people in my class... I am 35 and have 2 children and continued my practice throughout both of my pregnancies. My suggestion to the author is to do some research before discouraging people from trying something new by mocking/criticizing a beautiful and health returning art. People who do become ill during their Bikrum session most likely are in poor health and or are dehydrated prior to their practice. One wouldn't downhill ski without the proper equipment or preparation, so why try any other sport without knowledge or preparation.

May 29, 2011 at 08:48 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark

Why attack the person rather than the position? I am not for or against Yoga, but since you mentioned it, I did teach high performance skiing on the glaciers in the summer out in Oregon; and we ALWAYS were on the watch for anyone that seemed faint or weak due to the sun.

May 29, 2011 at 19:28 | Report abuse |
    • celmira9

"'BIKRAM"

June 3, 2011 at 12:28 | Report abuse |
  14. rosaura

I have never been very found of any sport or physical activity and profoundly hate sweating, so I wasn't expecting to enjoy my first Bikram class at all, by the way I have never done Yoga before but have always wanted to. Turns out I LOVED IT! if you go to a certified Bikran studio, the instructors will be knowledagable and will encourage you to go at you own pace, they will help you. Bikram is challenging so if you don't like challenges don't go, while you are doing Bikram your body and mind are being trained to breathe and work under unconfortable situations and I found out that it is helping me in my every day live. I sometimes go to reagular Yoga classes and I like them but I really feel passionate about Bikram. A very important tip its is extremely important to hydrate yourself before a Bikram class, if you don't drink at least 16oz of water before the class you are going to regret it big time, and I won't be Bikram's fault...

May 29, 2011 at 08:54 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. fred

Uh, the guy is a medical doctor. He knows what he is talking about. Its no wonder this country is in such poor health.

May 29, 2011 at 10:12 | Report abuse | Reply
    • CT

So doctors are flawless and never, ever wrong or underinformed? Yeah, agreed, no wonder this country is in such poor health. Ever hear of a second opinion?

May 29, 2011 at 10:25 | Report abuse |
    • fred

CT – ever hear of James Ray's sweat lodge retreat? Or do you believe the "poisonous rock" theory.

May 29, 2011 at 10:40 | Report abuse |
    • CT

@fred: Off topic. Yes, I've heard of the sweat lodge retreat; however, I didn't say that I believe Bikram yoga is healthy - I avidly practice other styles of yoga, but find Bikram distasteful for other reasons.

None of this changes the fact that this particular doctor is underinformed about his subject matter. Doctors can be wrong, rather often, in fact. So just because this guy is a doctor doesn't mean I'm going to swallow what he says as immediate fact, no more than I would swallow everything a "spiritual guru" says. This guy knows no more about yoga than I know about spinal column surgery.

May 29, 2011 at 11:32 | Report abuse |
    • blessedgeek

Anyone who is incapable of doing elementary calculus and correlating basic statistics to physics of statics cannot be trusted as a technical expert. Medical doctor, or otherwise.

May 29, 2011 at 22:10 | Report abuse |
    • LEB

Of course he does... but then he pointlessly interjected his *personal* opinion about hot yoga, which is just his opinion and not sound medical advice. Yes, it is possible to get heat stroke or faint or suffer some other health issue from a hot yoga class if you're not sensible to drink enough water and rest when you need to. But thousands and thousands of people are practicing hot yoga, and are benefiting from it tremendously. Hot yoga itself is not dangerous. Pushing yourself beyond your fitness level is what is dangerous, and ANY form of exercise can result in a trip to the ER if an individual does not respect their body's limitations.

May 30, 2011 at 03:07 | Report abuse |
    • fred

Fine. Oh, and don't forget to head over to the tanning salon to reinforce that heat exhaustion induced healthy glow.

May 30, 2011 at 11:08 | Report abuse |
    • CT

No thanks, Fred, I don't tan. Not sure what you think that has to do with anything here since, as I said earlier, I don't practice Bikram, either. Nor do i take part in sweat lodges, fad diets, or master cleanses. Deductive reasoning isn't one of your stronger traits, huh?

Just because I found this doctor underinformed and pointed that out doesn't mean I'm on some new age personal crash course to death. This doctor didn't do his research and made a number of incorrect generalizations, which is irresponsible and unfortunate because, as you've demonstrated, there are people out there who swallow every word a "professional" says as fact.

It wouldn't have taken much more time and research for this doctor to learn more about the various forms of yoga, the various forms of hot yoga, and the differences, benefits, and appropriate cautions relative to each. He could have written a great and truly helpful and informative article. Instead he jumped on a personal soapbox and failed to teach anyone anything.

May 30, 2011 at 13:57 | Report abuse |
    • fred

How much more "yoga research" is required to determine that doing it in a 110 degree high humidity room for 90 minutes puts you in danger of heat stroke?

May 30, 2011 at 16:23 | Report abuse |
    • CT

Doing anything for 90 minutes in 105 degree heat and high humidity without proper hydration (WAY more than 16 ounces of water) puts anyone at risk of heat stroke.

I'd also wager, in my non-medical opinion, that running a half-marathon barefoot over broken bottles through the streets of NYC might lead to injury. I'd even bet that running a half-marathon without any prior training or conditioning and without taking a bottle of water along the way might also lead to injury.

So does that mean that all half-marathons are bad? Of course not. Because no one actually RUNS a half marathon under those conditions.

Similarly, the "conditions" that you cited for hot yoga are just that - the extreme, not the norm. Anyone who cites those conditions as the norm for "hot yoga" is underinformed and is making unfounded generalizations based on an extreme example. That's the research I'm talking about.

The assertion that hot yoga = Bikram is an oversimplification. Bikram is one of many, many forms of hot yoga - it's a "brand name" form, and one that, as I have said, I personally do not find desirable. Yet there are many, many other styles of yoga, and of hot yoga, performed for different lengths of time, under different conditions, and in different atmospheres. (Besides, I live in the Southeast. For me, pretty much ANY yoga is "hot yoga.") Rather than explore a few available options and give a constructive suggestion that could offer very healthy and pleasant fitness experiences for people, this doctor would rather just state the incorrect generalization that yoga is supposed to be relaxing and be done with the whole "informing people" part of the equation.

Fred, if that's good enough for you, then more power to you. But remember that everything - even healthy things like exercise, diets, and even drinking water - can be dangerous when overused or taken to the extreme.

May 31, 2011 at 15:02 | Report abuse |
    • fred

You must be referring to "tepid" yoga. Or "luke warm" yoga. But the person was asking about "hot" yoga.

June 4, 2011 at 12:19 | Report abuse |
  16. Agha Ata (USA)

No, Thank you. I am pretty hot already.

May 29, 2011 at 18:48 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Jene

I LOVE Bikram yoga! You have to stay hydrated and don't ever try to keep up with anyone else, if you're feeling too hot, simply lay down for a bit. Yoga is NOT supposed to be relaxing. It is by far (next to pilates) the hardest workout I've done. He's right, if someone has heart conditions, they may not want to do bikram, but I've seen some older people in classes, and they love it too. If someone is pregnant, I would recommend they pay extra close attention to their hydration levels and to listen to their body. If they feel light headed, too hot, etc, lay down and maybe take a sabbatical from it until after their baby is born. I plan on doing bikram as far into my pregnancy as I feel ok about it.

May 29, 2011 at 20:02 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Kirsten

This is such a dumb article. Of course if you have heart problems, etc. you should be cautious. And the statement: "Yoga is meant to be a relaxing, meditative activity, so my personal feeling is why do it in uncomfortable, potentially dangerous conditions?" is truly ignorant. Some types of yoga are akin to going for a nice long meditative walk in the woods, and others are like going for a long challenging run uphill. No one is the right way - it's about what you need and want at that particular time. I literally had a prescription in hand for physical therapy for my back, and a friend of mine encouraged me to check out her hot yoga class. Within a class or two, and I had absolutely no back pain. I'm a runner and felt strong in a way that I never had before. It's a very challenging type of yoga, so you get an incredible workout (like the long hard run up hill). The twisting and core development poses really move the energy through your entire body and prevented me from tweaking/traumatizing my back like I seem to do every winter. My body feels in balance strength-wise. I feel so amazing after each class. There's a reason why people are addicted to this stuff. BTW - not all "hot yoga" is bikram yoga. I practice hot yoga (Baptiste Power Vinyasa yoga) , and they set the thermostat at 96 degrees, which is warm but still comfortable.

May 29, 2011 at 22:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Bob The Builder

Hot yoga is slang for doing it in the rear.

May 29, 2011 at 22:35 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. lou uchikawa

What a shallow article. I've been doing hot yoga (Bikram) for over five years and it's done miracles for me. As Bikram says, "You're never too old, ..." and it's true!

May 29, 2011 at 23:08 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ramazan

A must read weight loss arltices for anyone who is looking to lose weight or has gone thru the frustrating process of looking for weight loss help. This article helps people in their decisions when looking into weight loss product.

October 14, 2012 at 00:41 | Report abuse |
  21. Katie K

I really hate to quibble, but if you "start to feel... nauseous...," that means you are making other people sick, and that's a different issue... ; – )

I'm thinking the writer meant "nauseated"...

May 29, 2011 at 23:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Anthony P.

This is the biggest piece of senseless crap that I have ever read. I feel sorry for the editor. Bikram Yoga is a balance between the body and mind. I started doing Bikram Yoga two years ago and it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have never felt better nor have been in better shape than I am now. Don't get me wrong, Bikram Yoga is no joke. It is hard, but the benefits and the way you feel afterwards are priceless. It seems to me the editor has a bad first class and didn't listen to the instructors advice to take a break or drink sips of water. Oh yeah! What she did leave out was that you can take a break whenever you want to, the instructors open the doors, and you can drink water whenever you like. People are encouraged to take break there first couple of times to learn and adapt. The results people see from Bikram Yoga are everywhere you look. If your a fat ass, it will be hard at first. But I guarantee you your heart disease along with many other diseases can and could be very well cured. CNN should really read the stuff their editors put out before it is published. Yikes!

May 29, 2011 at 23:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. princess

Bikram yoga saved my life. Bikram is a genius and the person that wrote this article probably can't fit into their costume

May 30, 2011 at 01:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. CONFUSED

In reference to Olivia's remarks made earlier

" In studies done with NASA bikram cured aging people with osteoporosis. "

Do people believe anything they read on the internet?

May 30, 2011 at 07:02 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sir1geto

Osteoporosis is the lessening of bone density leading to a very high risk of fractures. When one spends long amounts of time in space there are adverse side effects like muscles weakening, bones thinning, and a few others I don/t want to spend time looking up. NASA was probably trying to find a way to strengthen the bones of some astronauts during their time in space.

May 31, 2011 at 14:38 | Report abuse |
  25. carol

Hatha yoga originated several thousand years ago in India. It's really really hot in parts of India and they didn't have air conditioning back then. A major purpose of hatha (physical) yoga was to strengthen and condition the body to enable one to spend long periods of time in meditaion. So yoga was originally practiced in a hot environment and was intended to be physically challenging.. So whatever one's opinion about Bikram yoga, it is closer to true hatha yoga than the "relaxing" stretching that the author and many others in the West call "yoga."

May 30, 2011 at 09:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. lux

I have tried hot yoga and let me tell me, I felt very uncomfortable. I dislike the idea of doing yoga, which is suppose to be peaceful and relaxing, in a steaming hot room. Not only do I feel the normal sweat of a workout, but I was dripping sweat the entire time! To me, that is NOT enjoyable. Thank you for showing the public that there are in fact medical reasons as to why hot yoga is not necessarily good for you. I'd rather opt for "normal" yoga. It's stress-free and ACTUALLY relaxing! I found this article online, which discusses some yoga poses (I loved them!)...

May 30, 2011 at 11:41 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. mjbI

This doctor has no idea what he is talking about. I absolutely love Bikram yoga and have been doing it for about 5 years. I've experienced many health benefits i.e. relief from chronic sinusitis, no menstrual cramping, improved sleep, weight loss and more.
    It takes time (1 or 2 classes) to adjust to the heat. You need to stay hydrated and shouldn't eat right before class. Like all exercise, don't over do it. People in the class are at different levels, listen to your body and lay down when you need to

May 30, 2011 at 12:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Alec

I wouldn't risk it...

June 15, 2011 at 03:26 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. George

Has this so-called NASA study report on the effect of hot yoga on osteoporosis been found yet?
    " In studies done with NASA bikram cured aging people with osteoporosis. " Why would the Space agency be conducting medical studies on cures for aging people? The NIH maybe, but NASA??!! I have been unable to find any evidence of this study purportedly conducted by NASA. I only found the same unsubstantiated claim in articles by Birkam enthusiasts. If a study was truly performed by NASA then a report was published and it has a number and a date. Anyone want to provide this report number so I can be enlightened? Do people believe anything they read on the internet?"

July 5, 2011 at 17:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Karissa Kuehnert

Very nice blog and useful! I will bookmark and pass your site on to my friends. You might want to list your site at http://www.wholisticuniverse.com so other holistically minded people can find you. Aloha, Karissa

July 12, 2011 at 18:54 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. jenna

In order to try and answer a question like this, you must first be educated on the subject. First off bikram yoga does not have to be hot and hot yoga does not have to be bikram. I understand there are very rare disorders that may conflict with the heat, but most likly if your having a hard time, you either werent hydrated enough before the practice began or you arent breathing right. Also dizziness and nausea are normal feelings for a beginner yogi even without the head. just because your body is not used to a posture doesnt mean its bad for you.

October 3, 2011 at 18:24 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Holly

Well obviously this article is written by the same people that think a little pill will cure and fix it all... How ignorant. It is sad that such regenerative practice (liked and practiced daily by millions in the US alone) is talked bad upon only because it promotes good health. Good health brings no business / money to the western "medicine" doctors. We promote hydration as the most important supplement to a healthy lifestyle period. You most likely won't die from the hot and sweaty classes at Hot Yoga, you'll just realize how unhealthy and disruptive a bad diet can be to your body. There is thousands of reported deaths caused by doctors prescribed pharmaceuticals monthly! There has been no deaths directly related to a hot yoga class. It's good to know what health problems you may have

May 5, 2012 at 12:11 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. yoga hemma

Hi there, I found your blog by the use of Google even as looking for a related matter, your site got here up, it appears to be like good. I've added to favourites|added to my bookmarks.

May 13, 2012 at 14:27 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. buffalobirdie

I hate humidity and any sweating caused from humidity. Oh, and I hate yoga. So I guess this isn't for me.

December 8, 2012 at 10:24 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. rock12

This is the most relaxing thing ever.... all should try it.

March 27, 2013 at 12:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. many thanks for this cjtxtmvuot click here :|] mmzsbwywjjytnkn, B| drjzkbzxdu [url="http://www.pryjkdimfgpm.net"]or here[/url]

siwmeinoganj

April 24, 2013 at 14:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Dominique

This article is the equivalent of saying "Blueberries can be good for you but they could pose a choking hazard if you eat them you can choke and DIE."

November 6, 2013 at 11:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Rona Crivelli

United States Press Release Distribution

August 10, 2016 at 23:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. perlengkapan bayi murah samarinda

Along with the whole thing which appears to be developing throughout this specific subject matter, all your opinions happen to be somewhat stimulating. However, I beg your pardon, because I do not subscribe to your whole plan, all be it stimulating none the less. It looks to me that your remarks are actually not totally validated and in actuality you are yourself not really thoroughly certain of the argument. In any event I did enjoy looking at it.

August 18, 2016 at 15:09 | Report abuse | Reply