home
RSS
May 20th, 2011

Human Factor: After the tumor, raising the cell phone issue

In the Human Factor, we profile survivors who have overcome the odds. Confronting a life obstacle – injury, illness or other hardship –- they tapped their inner strength and found resilience they didn’t know they possessed.   This week Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta introduces us to real estate agent Alan Marks. He's a man  whose determination helped him to overcome his deficits from brain cancer and become one of the leading advocates for cell phone safety. Here is his story in his own words.

In the summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor after suffering a grand mal seizure in the middle of the night.  I had a craniotomy and a golf ball sized tumor was removed.

Of course I was angry but I also needed to know why.  Why did this happen to me?  My medical records were sent to doctors and scientists around the world and they said they believed my brain tumor was directly attributable to my long -term extensive use of my cellular phone.  I then heard stories of many brain tumor patients who were in the same situation as me, many much younger and many no longer alive.

I am in real estate development and sales, and I used a cell phone for over 20 years for about 10,000 lifetime hours.  I always held my phone to my right ear and the tumor was on the right side of my brain, slightly in front of my ear. Ironically, the very same thing that I used to aid me in my business destroyed my business.  I had always been a top producer in my company and it all came to a halt once the tumor was diagnosed.  Then, the long recovery period started.

Once I had the surgery, my family and I were in a financial and emotional crisis.  I had no choice but to get back to work.  I guess it is just in my makeup to be a fighter.  When I run into a wall in life, I always bounce off and then go in another direction.  Two days after being home from the hospital I was out walking in the neighborhood.  I haven’t stopped moving forward since then.

After two long years of cognitive rehabilitation and learning ways to cope with my deficits, I feel I am back.  However, I live with the fear that my cancer will return, but I will fight that battle when it comes.

I will never hold another cell phone to my head, and I encourage others to take the necessary precautions.  Ellie, my wife of over 30 years, has turned her hurt and anger over my illness into advocacy. We have worked closely with Dr. Devra Davis, president of the Environmental Health Trust, since my diagnosis and she is an incredible leader in this critical health issue and crusade.

Any cell phone user is blessed to have her fighting this battle. Ellie and my oldest son, Zack, have created the California Brain Tumor Association in an effort to inform others of the potential dangers of cell phone radiation.

Post by:
Filed under: Brain • Cell Phones • Human Factor

1. Steven

I believe my large life threatening malignant brain tumor was caused by my cell phone use. It was so large the surgery to save my life in 1997 left me paralyzed much like a stroke. cell phones radiation was much stronger back then. I applaud those who are reopening the controversy. At 40, I was much to young have this happen.

May 20, 2011 at 11:08 | Report abuse | Reply
    • april

I was 42. Had my surgery on my birthday in 2008. I remember when the cell phones used to get soooo hot, you couldn't hold them to your ear.. If we could just get a class action suit rolling, maybe we could get safer phones.

May 22, 2011 at 03:54 | Report abuse |
    • Kathlene

Steven, I have almost the exact story as yourself, with the same questions regarding " does cell phones cause brain cancer.

I am a 46 year old monther of two teens, I can get them to listen and go to an ear piece and keep their cell phones away from their head. I have always had very successful careers in sales and marketing traveling all over Ontario and the US with my cell phone attached to my head more than in my purse. Nature of the career, my kids would complain the phone was glued to my head from 6am till 11pm with key account customers.

I was taken to hospital after a seizure which the paramedics claimed was my heart – after 14 hours and trying to explain to emergency something serious is wrong in my head, the lights were causing my eyes to trigger a nurve which my head would get stuck to the left which scared me. Nobody listened, I was told to go home, rest and call my family doctor in the morning. My family doctor rushed me in, whent over the systems which kept offuring all night and the drive to see her the next day, I knew something serious was wrong.

After my MRI I was given the news I had a tumor the simze of a small orange, my speech was getting worse and now I could not get the seizurers to stop, my walking was declining. I met with the surgeon and decided not to wait and get me in as soon as possible for surgery, they would test the tumor once removed to see if it was cancer. I was so scared, how was I going to explain this to my work i Was so dedicated to, kids heading off to colledge and Im a single parent.

When I woke up from surgery, the worst was not expected, but did, I pannicked. The left side of my body was paralized, I could not walk or use my left arm. It upset me to see my daughter visit for two, three hours and talk on her phone the whole time. I was in hospital for Christmas and New Years and started treatment right after which changed me more than I can explain. Losing, my hair, weight gain from steriods, my kids thought I went in smart and now mom sounds dumb was like a slap in the face. My daughter complains of headakes and I ask her if she thinks it may be from talking to much on her phone.

Looking back, I have always bounced back I had an illness, this has been a true challange for kids, boyfriend and I. I don't know how he deals with this maybe it is traing as a police officer and eleder abuse. After he listed to this persons story and I asked so many if they believe my cell phone use over the past 20 years may have did this, I feel their should be more studies done or warnings. I have disabilities since surgery and radation, I can forget what I did for half a day and not understany why. My kids are imbarrassed to have their friends, over because I have a hard time concentrating and understanding and cant find words, my short term momory has gone and the pain I still have on the right side where the tumor was removed is overwelming. I wish their was more answers and help for brain injury after cancer treatment.

August 25, 2011 at 09:00 | Report abuse |
  2. Lisa Williams

Excellent Story! I really need to get in contact with Mr. Marks. I fight cell TOWERS (which is the base station for RF) near childrens schools. This is real and the wireless industry is a Machine that needs to start telling the TRUTH. I have reports that show opposite from what the industry replied.

May 20, 2011 at 14:06 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ellie marks

I am his wife. please contact me. thanks

May 25, 2011 at 19:17 | Report abuse |
  3. Nicole

I lost a friend last year due to a brain tumor and he was ALWAYS on his cell phone since cell phones first came out. he was only 44 years old. everyone at the funeral knew his brain tumor had something to do with that cell phone always on his ear.

May 20, 2011 at 17:17 | Report abuse | Reply
    • maizieellen

I lost my son at 44 also, 2 years ago. He had used only a cell phone since 1992, and his drs. agreed that the cell phone was the probable cause. His tumor was just above the ear where he used the cell. He died after 10 months of grand mal seizures, gaining 100# from steroids to keep his brain from swelling, a terrible skin condition from steroids, finally blindness and a state of confusion. It was a terrible way to die.

May 31, 2011 at 18:33 | Report abuse |
  4. Elizabeth Roberts

Many thanks for this great series on the risks of cell phone use. My concern about the potential negative impact of technology, namely radio waves and electromagnetic frequencies, lead me to create a women's outerwear company, http://www.WRAPHABILLEMENT.com launching Fall 2011.

Using myself – my needs as an active woman in my community and mom on the go – I wanted to be able to use my cell phone headset and put my phone into my pocket and be safe.

WRAPHABILLEMENT offers women stylish and performance oriented breakfast-to-dinner jacket while wrapping her in warmth, protecting her from wind, rain and UV rays, as well as the invisible but real dangers of Electromagnetic Frequencies (EMF) from her cell phone..

WRAPHABILLEMENT is pioneering embedded protection from harmful EMF and microwaves by reducing cell phone Specific Absorption Rates (SAR) by over 95% through the SMARTSHIELD™ pocket system (patent pending).

I hope to help better protect the thoughtful, engaged woman on the go... Men’s & children’s coming soon!

Respectfully yours,
    Elizabeth Roberts
    e@wraphabillement.com

May 20, 2011 at 19:41 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Barb Toronto

Hi Elizabeth. If the phone is in a special protective pocket of clothing, won't the phone be wanting to pump out extra radiation in its quest to remain connected to the network (because its standard emissions are being stifled/reduced, similar to when experiencing a low signal indicator)?

May 26, 2011 at 00:32 | Report abuse |
  5. Curt Cole

Thats quite of a stretch. Who are these doctors that contributed cell phone use to the tumor? Just assuming that cell phone is the cause for a tumor is a joke. Then the media takes and blows it up, people eat it up. Maybe look at pollution and diet for your problems. There is mutiple 20 year studies done that show no evidence. You should look at the real facts before you buy into someone's idea of what happened or when someone says" they told me that it was cell phones". Yeah right. Who are their names? Somebody trying to get published, somebody trying to get attention, somebody trying to get DONATIONS.

May 20, 2011 at 23:44 | Report abuse | Reply
    • april

Well Curt, you don't know what you're talking about. Key words to this are RISK FACTOR! I was also diagnosed on 2008. My tumor is on the side I held my phone, angled slightly above and behind my ear, at the angle I held my phone. There are studies which prove it's a risk factor and easily found in pdf form on the net.. Why don't you give it try??

May 21, 2011 at 12:25 | Report abuse |
    • april

Actually Curt, my neuro thought I was crazy when I suggested it. It came to me while I was still in the hospital recovering and brought up again to him when I went back for a recheck. I have brain cancer. I have approximately 10 year life span and I'm only 45 now. I am unable to work as I have balance issues and vertigo. Nobody told me how they thought i got brain cancer. It's kind of obvious... Would you like a picture of my brain scan??

May 21, 2011 at 12:29 | Report abuse |
    • april

I keep finding tidbits in your rant. Again, the studies by interphone were for 5 years and showed cells to be completely safe. Independent studies went for 10 years and showed a massive increase. Do your homework dude. You must work for a cell phone company lol.

May 21, 2011 at 12:32 | Report abuse |
    • Steven

I understand your point and I expected an answer like that, but IMO still better to be safe than sorry. You act as if science has never gotten something wrong or were thrown for a loop with new findings. I just say a report that linked acetaminophen to blood cancer...

May 21, 2011 at 15:02 | Report abuse |
    • april

the media has actually been really quiet on the subject. My own neurosurgeon told me I was wrong. I know too many people that this has happened to, including me. Do your research..

May 22, 2011 at 03:55 | Report abuse |
  6. Betty Berentson

If you'll Google "World Health Organization" and search for cell phone info you'll find that even that organization has said they believe cell phone usage may cause health issues! Some astonishing and scary facts have come to light around the world. . For instance, in New Zealand, cell phone towers were placed across a valley where a small village is located. After several years it was discovered that an unusually high percentage of the children of the community.were being stricken with brain tumors. It is felt that cell phone tower radiation was the cause. Children's skulls are thinner and less protective to the brain than in adults. This is why the public should be aware and really care about where cell phone towers are located and also need to know how to protect themselves from cell phone radiation.

May 21, 2011 at 03:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Zack Marks

Great job Sanjay Gupta and Anderson Cooper. You are helping us raise awareness about this potential global health epidemic. Just use your speakerphone, text, or use a headset. It's easy. Please urge your CA state senator to vote yes on SB 932. San Francisco is currently being frivolously sued by the CTIA. Thank you Keith Black!

May 21, 2011 at 14:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Keith

What a great story. What I don't understand is why we are not doing the studies that need to take place to definitively answer the questions that are being raised. More importantly, why are the cell phone companies and manufactures fighting the people who are asking for the research studies. Is it not better for everyone to know how to safely use their products????

May 21, 2011 at 17:25 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Zack Marks

The cell phone manufacturers don't want to get sued by everyone. They have already lost their insurance and have to self-insure. Shame on the CTIA for suing the city and county of San Francisco. The CTIA is currently buying off California State Senators to stop Mark Leno's SB 932. Cell phones have NEVER been tested for use by children. Why not just use a speakerphone or text? It's easy. We are not saying you have to throw away your cell phone.

May 23, 2011 at 21:36 | Report abuse |
  9. Bernie

This refers to a CNN report on Cellphone use with Mr. Alain Pinel.
    Mr. Pinel had a handset attached to his cellphone. Would greatly appreciate more info as to the handset.
    Bernie

May 22, 2011 at 11:46 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Zack Marks

First of all his name is Alan Marks and he works at Alain Pinel Realtors. The retro headset phone is only $20 including the shipping and can be found on my website, The California Brain Tumor Association (cabta.org).

May 23, 2011 at 21:37 | Report abuse |
  10. Terry

Has anyone ever considered, or researched a possible link between breast cancer and the wearing of cell phone "necklaces" by "text-maniacs" while they are working their hands-on jobs (a practice I saw a lot of in the airline industry with tarmac workers), or even frequent texting while holding the set close to the chest. Cell phones are now in frequent if not almost constant communication with towers (and GPS ?) even when at rest and also will emit a strong "here-I-am" signal pulse (that we hear radiate to our computers up to 10 feet away) just before link-up to an incoming call, or text. Frequent texting...frequent emission. I have a friend who is 32, Hispanic (low risk group), mother of 2 breast fed babies (lowering risk even more) non-smoker, light drinker, always health conscious and athletic who was just diagnosed with breast cancer and had both breasts removed. She would be one of the last people on the planet this should have happened to. She texted a lot and I believe she wore her cell around her neck. Feedback please..........

May 22, 2011 at 14:49 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ellie

YES YES!! Dr. John West of Newport Beach, a breast cancer specialist and surgeon has seen unusual breast tumors in young women and they all had one thing in common- they kept their cell phone in their bra! He happened to see Devra and me on Larry king Live and contacted us. A study is underway now.
      Do not keep them on the body period. Turn off if in pocket – do not sleep with it near your head. And for goodness sakes children should use them only in an emergency. Thanks for bringing this up. And Curt, I am insutled by you thinking this is a joke. Not only do you not understand the issue, but you are insensitive.

May 25, 2011 at 21:47 | Report abuse |
    • Elle Jay

There are cases of breast cancer that are being linked to cell phone use. While the studies are being developed KEEP THE PHONE AWAY FROM YOUR BODY. Simple precaution. Why not do it?

May 26, 2011 at 11:42 | Report abuse |
  11. Terry

....and I forgot to mention in the above that no genetic markers were found.

May 22, 2011 at 15:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. terry barton

My 49 year old brother was perfectly healthy until he suffered a seizure and underwent a craniotomy to remove 2 of 6 tumors in his brain. He was diagnosed with glioblastoma on Oct. 22,2010 and died April 22, 2011-exactly 6 mos. to the day of his diagnosis. He was a chronic cell phone user for over 10 years. He not only used his cell phone for business, but got rid of his home land line as well. He frequently used his cell phone while driving-which reportedly amps up the radiation as you move around and away from your cell phone tower. I have no doubt his brain cancer was due to his cell phone use. His tumors were on the left side of the brain-where he held his cell phone. When is the world going to be informed of this cancer connection? I believe the cell phone companies and lobbyists will do all they can to suppress information and pay off scientists to say studies that are being done and have been done in the past are "inconclusive" to evade the truth. Thank you to Alan Mark for coming forward and telling the world via CNN about his brain cancer caused by his cell phone usage. Please let us know how we can all help. Glioblastoma is a "monster" and I do not want another person to suffer its aggressive, damaging effects nor have another family, like mine, suffer as they watch helplessly as their loved one deteriorates before their eyes. This brain cancer is a merciless disease and it breaks my heart and it is continued suffering on my family's part knowing this could have been prevented.

May 22, 2011 at 23:10 | Report abuse | Reply
    • John

There is no way cell phone radiation causes cancer. There are no scientific peer reviewed studies to prove it either. I have studied physics and quantum mechanics in college and the microwave radiation from cell phones cannot cause cancer.
      Let me explain..... cancer is a mutation of the DNA of our cells. The mutation happens when bonds are broken in the DNA strand and recombind the wrong way. First lets talk about RADIATION. there are many different forms.
      ALL ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES ARE CALLED RADIATION. There are gamma, x-ray, u-v, visible, infrared and radio waves or radiation. vise versa. The only ones that can break a molecular bond are gama, x-ray and some u-v. There is no way a cell phone radio wave, aka radiation, aka microwave can break molecular bonds to cause cancer. Visible light is about a factor of 1000 times more powerful than microwaves from a cellphone. If light doesent cause cancer then there is no way microwaves can either.
      point closed

May 23, 2011 at 04:50 | Report abuse |
    • Zack Marks

Thank you for your comments Terry. You can help by supporting State Senator Mark Leno's SB 932. We are trying to pass a disclosure law throughout all of California. We testified to congress in DC and Kucinich told Alan Marks he would not forget him and continue to fight for this issue. San Francisco is also having trouble implementing the new SF right to know ordinance because they are getting sued by the CTIA and manufacturers. Please support people like Gavin Newsom, Leland Yee, and Mark Leno. Thanks. Check us out at cabta.org

May 23, 2011 at 21:41 | Report abuse |
    • Ellie

I am so sorry – please contact me at emarks@apr.com

May 25, 2011 at 21:49 | Report abuse |
  13. Terry

John
    Who are you trying to fool. Quantum mechanics addresses physics on a subatomic level. Also let me introduce you to a a very scientific term: COOKING! Conventional and microwave ovens not only heat, but denature proteins to make our food more paletable by doing just that...breaking molecular bonds. I am old enough to remember the first microwave ovens (aka radar ranges). Though shielded, there were also warnings issued about standing in very close proximity to the ovens on a regular basis when operating. No one is certain what this weak RF can do during mitosis. A lot of very smart people including neurosurgeons have raised the question for a long time.

May 23, 2011 at 09:21 | Report abuse | Reply
    • John

microwaves use microwave radiation the same as a cell phone. However the power out put is diffenent (300 watts for oven vs 0.4 watts for cellphone). Also, radiation has both intensity and frequency. Frequency is the type of radiation ie gamma x-ray uv, ir, visible, radio ( aka microwave). Intensity is the signal strength (wattage). To break a molecular bond the frequency of the electromagnetic radiation (EM) much reach a certian threshold not the intensity. In a microwave oven the radiation causes the molecules to vibrate faster (aka heat up). this heat causes the cooking (155+ F). A cell phone at 0.4 watts or less cannot heat any body part much less to 155 F. Our brains would cook before we get cancer. I dont see a mass brain cooking pandemic out there. These neurosurgeons need to read the photoelectric effect by A. Einstein.

May 23, 2011 at 20:17 | Report abuse |
  14. Zack Marks

I trust neurosurgeons like Keith Black of Cedar Sinai more than I believe your comments John. Cell phones have never been tested on children. The cell phone industry itself does not claim cell phones are safe. Other countries including Israel have issued warnings. San Francisco recently employed the precautionary principle. I just can't stand when people think they know all the science and that they are smarter than nobel laureate Dr. Devra Davis or Dr. Mitchell Berger at USCF. No studies prove cell phones are completely safe. That is a fact. This is all about LONG TERM use. We are not saying you will get a tumor after one phone call. The latency period is 20 years. You need to realize we are facing a potential global health epidemic and all we need to do is take simple precautions like text more or use the speakerphone. Maybe you should watch Sanjay Gupta again or Dr. Oz. The Journal of the american medical association recently published a study showing that cell phones do alter the brain. How can you trust something that has never been safety tested for children? The burden of proof should be to prove they are safe... not that they are dangerous.

May 23, 2011 at 21:33 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Nic

Cell phone radiation is non-ionizing energy. As mentioned earlier, the amount of photons is only important if the frequency is high enough. Red light, no matter what intensity, does not cause cancer, it is not able to denature molecules. The human body produces infra-red radiation, which is much more dangerous than the cell phone waves produced. The question is, what is causing the cancer? If it is the cell phone radiation (aka a part of the em specturm known as radio wave), then cell phones are actually safer to use than to stand next to your friend, who is producing wavelengths of light which are much more dangerous.
    To summarize, cell phones don't cause genetic mutations. Not enough energy to break a molecular bond.

May 24, 2011 at 00:13 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Terry

Nic, Thanks for your elaboration. I replied but it did not post....I'll try to repeat briefly. Both you and John are thinking in terms of insufficient interaction of weak RF with molecular bonds. We are not talking about breaking the bonds of molecules just sitting there in a steady state. We are talking about weak emission at ground zero interaction with a helical shaped super-macro molecule that is already in the midst of splitting it's bonds. Mitosis is the birthplace of cancerous mutations, not when a cell is just sitting there (in genetic terms) and why tissues with greater frequency of mitosis such as brain and breast are most vulnerable. Rethink what you know but in terms of DNA/RNA interactions while in the midst of division. Enough wave energy at those mitotic moments for possible disturbance of a supermacro molecule? I would love your feedback.

May 24, 2011 at 13:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. virginia farver

Everyone, especially non-believers. I've been working on this issue for a few years now. My Son was involved with a brain cancer cluster on the SDSU campus. There is a cell tower that is referred to as a," Sprint," tower on campus. I started to look into this so called sprint tower. It is a HPWREN, high performance wireless research and educational network. It is also a GWEN or ground wave emergency network, with emissions known to hug the ground! It is also HAARP! These are connected to a Tera-Lambda Grid across the U.S., and located on many college campuses. Beware My friends! EMF's – cause Non-Ionizing Radiation. Type in,' Does Non-Ionizing Radiation Damage Living Tissues or Cells,' and there is your answer. SDSU San Diego is what's called a backbone node to the UCSD Supercomputer in san diego. " Supercomputer," is a term that we all need to be concerned about. These towers can be used for,' Through Wall Surveillance, Crowd Control, and for Mind Control Experiments. This is ALL AGENDA 21. Ronald Herberman from Pittsburgh University is the first person I contacted about this brain cancer cluster. After a while his e-mails stopped. Ronald and Devra Davis from the,( Environmental Health Trust ), were both," Let GO," by the University because the University was at risk of losing 15 million in Telecom Funds. The Interphone Study released last year still showed a 40% risk increase for glioma for a regular cell phone user. Canada's portion of this study was 100% Industry funded! IF you ever see a study saying cell phones are safe, follow the money or who funded the study! The FCC and the CTIA do not care about you or your health! Any scientific study that is NON industry funded is finding dangerous results, and if they do, money somewhere is involved. This is a 4 Trillion Dollar Industry, remember Lung cancer and Tobacco? There was Never biological proof between the two proven, and the same will be for cell phones. Heads UP:
    1 hour of wifi is equal to 20 minutes of cell phone use. Cindy Sages,'BioInitiative Group,' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZDor-_co0
    Girls and Boys – Ovaries being removed and testicular cancer and lowered sperm counts in men and girls depending on the side they put cell phones in pant pockets!
    Cell Phones on Belts- increases for liver and kidney cancers
    Faraday Cage – anyone using a cell phone inside of a vehicle is exposing everyone inside that same vehicle to the same amount of radiation
    IF you live or work within a quarter of a mile from a cell tower – WORRY!
    Baby Monitors- should Never be near an infant
    Kids between the ages of 20-29 with > 5 years of cell phone use, NOW have a 700% risk increase for brain tumor development. Lloyd Morgan and Sam Milham from the," International EMF Collaborative," released," Cell Phones and Brain Tumors, 15 Reasons for Concern." Also, BOYS, you are more susceptible than girls! Girls brains develope much quicker! A childs brain is not fully developed until your mid 20's and these Scientists are predicting a pandemic of brain tumors.
    Girls – doctors are reporting that breast cancers in the SHAPES of your cell phones are being seen. Also, do not wear an underwire bra around cell phones, towers, wifi, or smart meters
    NO To SMART METERS – The," Seletun Statement," is asking the U.S. Government to reduce the EMF Standards within the States DRASTICALLY. Wifi killing trees in Norway!
    Bee Colonies are collapsing from the Proliferation of this wireless technology. If bees disappear, there will be no life!
    Never put a cell phone on a night stand at night – Especially if you have a wired mattress, these attract radiation!
    TEXTING- kids are putting cell phones under pillows at night in order to text back and forth, putting their developing brains in GRAVE harm! Please read," Disconnect,' from Devra Davis of the," Environmental Health Trust."
    CORDLESS PHONES ARE NO BETTER THAN A CELL PHONE – CORDED LANDLINES ONLY!
    CELL PHONES WERE NEVER PRE-MARKET TESTED!!!!!
    SDSU brain cancer cluster, and," Supercomputer," is a new word to be weary of, especially if you are on a college campus. Find out what is REALLY on every tower and dish you see on campus. Remember, SDSU says," Sprint," and I found out other wise! CELL PHONES, WIFI, CELL TOWERS, SMART METERS, are all dangerous and harmful to our Health and Enviroment! This is why we have SO much CANCER in our Society. Even the American Cancer Society takes lavish golfing tournament trips and money from the Telecom Industry. Why would they want to cure cancer? GREED and POWER! The SDSU ADMINISTRATION has NEVER contacted me! I've requested a toxicology study several times last year, never getting a response! Dr. Thomas Mack an Epidemiologist, wrote a report for the school and in his report he mentions that he has no known knowledge of chemical or radiation concerns, and therefore are none. I e-mailed him and he called me at home. I asked him specifically about this cell tower which he brushed off and then I told him of everyones concerns and he said," They should be concerned." SDSU will not conduct a tox study because of his report. There was a breast cancer cluster on the UCSD campus as well. These Schools are brining in their own experts which all NEVER find a problem! BEWARE if you have kids on a college campus! This is about our Health and about Losing our Rights! What happened to a search warrant or consent? Check out Agenda 21! Your new cell phone can track you anywhere and everywhere, even if it is off! The camera inside of these can also take a picture of you ( even while off ), without your knowledge! Big Brother is at your Door Step!
    Sincerely,
    Virginia
    SDSU:

May 26, 2011 at 11:24 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Elle Jay

It is good that there is debate on this. Why not keep the cell phones away from our bodies and our children's brains. Let's think about it another way. What do these people have to gain by linking the cell phone to their tumors – nothing. What do the cell phone companies have to lose if it becomes well-known that there have never been ANY TESTS assuring us they are safe. EVERYTHING. Motives mean a lot.

May 26, 2011 at 11:44 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Enes

mbloie phones work on mbloie towers. A mbloie service provider can immediately tell which area you are in, he just has to look up the user register to see under which mbloie tower oyu are currently registered. To pinpoint its a lot tougher. I think its only possible when a call is being placed. When a call is being made the mbloie will communicate on a certain frequency. You have to remember that mbloie towers of other service providers can also pick up this call but they dont bother interfering. So if the police wants to trace you they will get the strength of the signal from all these towers and triangulate you position.

March 5, 2012 at 22:30 | Report abuse |
  19. Cindy Licht

What a great piece, so many people are not even aware of the dangers. I know someone who said after watching they will never hold a cell phone to their head again. So proud of you!

May 27, 2011 at 21:13 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. HollyAnnG

Thank you for this frightening, informative article - and thanks to everybody who's dealt with cancer for tellling us about your experiences. I appreciated every comment.

May 31, 2011 at 15:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. nandkumar raut

sir, sir my babe is 4 days raet hand is vere short he is handicap pls help ....

July 10, 2011 at 15:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. syed khalid jamil shah

required information for cell phone receiving towers harmful,dangerous for health need reports in 2012

March 26, 2012 at 13:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. garmin nuvi 1300

Thanks , I've recently been searching for information about this subject for a while and yours is the best I've discovered till now. However, what about the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?|What i do not understood is in reality how you are now not really much more smartly-favored than you might be right now. You're so intelligent.

April 6, 2012 at 06:43 | Report abuse | Reply