home
RSS
On Thanksgiving, save some room for sex
November 25th, 2010

On Thanksgiving, save some room for sex

Happy Thanksgiving! My advice for today, folks, is to go easy on the turkey and save a little room for sex. Of course, by the time you read this, it may already be too late. If you’re anything like me, you’re probably well on your way to putting yourself into a food coma and any unbuttoning of the trousers is going to be to make room to breathe, not to get it on.

At Good in Bed we believe that your sexual health and your overall health are intimately connected, and that even if you’ve lost today’s battle of the bulge, it’s not too late to put “sexual fitness” front and center.

In his book on male sexual health, "The Hardness Factor," Dr. Steven Lamm cites a British study in which men who reported having three or more orgasms per week experienced 50 percent fewer heart attacks and strokes, compared with those who had less frequent orgasms.

Lamm’s book was inspired by the correlations he made in his own practice between the diminished erectile quality of his male patients and conditions such as obesity, high cholesterol, hypertension, depression, sleep disorders, diabetes, and heart disease.

According to Lamm, “On the surface, it looks as though the principal message of this study is that having sex reduces the incidence of heart attack and stroke and lets you live longer. In fact, just the opposite is true: being healthy allows you to have as much sex as you want.”

And there’s more evidence of the sex–health link: A recent study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology found that erectile dysfunction is often an early indicator of poor cardiovascular health. Researchers followed more than 2,300 men for an average of four years and found that men with ED had a 58 percent greater risk of coronary heart disease.

Whether you’re a man or a woman, not only is sex healthy, it also requires being healthy. So with that in mind:

Get moving to get busy. Whether you’re walking off the turkey or hitting the treadmill, regular aerobic workouts help to keep the blood flowing and the arteries producing nitric oxide, the life blood of sexual arousal. Men who don't exercise are much more likely to experience bouts of erectile disorder than those who do; women who don't exercise are more likely to experience arousal issues. And exercise also plays a major role in generating positive self-esteem, which is perhaps the most powerful sexual enhancer.

Eat to your heart’s content. A poor diet is a major contributor to problems such as high cholesterol, arterial plaque, high blood pressure, and heart disease, all of which inhibit blood flow to the genitals and affect both desire and arousal. Eat for the heart, and you're eating for your sex life, too. The omega-3 fatty acids found in certain fish oils help reduce artery-clogging plaque, therefore increasing levels of sexual arousal and response. Vitamins C and E are powerful antioxidant supplements that protect against free radicals and reduce fatty deposits in the blood.

Watch the wine. A drink or two before sex may help you relax and eases your inhibitions. But high alcohol consumption can also result in sexual dysfunction. From causing the loss of erections to preventing your ability to get or stay aroused, alcohol disables the natural sexual response of the autonomic nervous system.

And, finally, keep in mind that sex itself is healthy. Even a sexy kiss with your partner increases your heart rate, which enables you to more efficiently burn calories. A good sweaty session of sex can burn a couple of hundred calories.

So even if you’re feeling like Homer Simpson tonight, it’s not too late to make like Casanova tomorrow. Put Turkey Day behind you and get sexually fit.

1. White meat

so...to decrease the risk of stroke you should increase the frequency of it ?

November 26, 2010 at 03:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. helenhess

Just found that "123 Get Samples" is promoting a wide variety of major brands by providing free samples. You’ll have to fill in your zip code to see if you can qualify to receive them. You can get all samples from one place. I think it is available for most of the zip codes and it worked for me.

November 26, 2010 at 03:03 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. gennethel fuqua

Well I must be super healthly cause my man is always on me twice a day in the mornings before we go to work in before we go to sleep :)

November 26, 2010 at 05:46 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Brian

Giggity giggity.

November 26, 2010 at 07:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. vp

American Male is close behind Stringer for the Fool Medal....

November 26, 2010 at 09:33 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Widom

shea August 3, 2010 ayoko na sa'yo bad ka.. hehe.. joke lang ok lang yan.. atleast naabsi mo sa kanya yung dapat mong sabihin atpangonsensya ginagawa niya lang trabaho niya ano ka ba? bigyan mo siya ng chocolate at kausapin ng mahinahon at say sorry.. hehe..lam ko na kung san ka nakatira nyahaha wag ka mag alala di kita haharangin para itanong kung nasan ang id mo at anong room no. tatanong ko na lang kay manong guard.. nyahaha

October 13, 2012 at 22:03 | Report abuse |
  6. MMDD

Three or more orgasms per week, eh? In a typical week my partner and I (we're both guys) usually get it on about four or five times, so I guess we're in good shape. We were too tired (and stuffed!) to mess around on Thanksgiving night though, but hopefully tonight will be a different story. ;-)

November 26, 2010 at 09:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Lefty Indiana

....Is that Obama......?

November 26, 2010 at 13:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. freakey toney

i agree totally. i doen ate such much butt in the last two days that i done missed all the sales. and trust me when i tell you. i done ate almost every race but the black females butt are the best tasting

November 26, 2010 at 14:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Teresa

News you can use.

November 26, 2010 at 19:51 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. james

Yeah–Someone needs to tell the wives about this article and follow the healthy advice.

November 26, 2010 at 20:47 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Thomas C

Yep, too late (hahaha...I guess I can laugh about it now!!!)

November 26, 2010 at 22:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Sherry

Raw-Nation's Hot Rawks will get you in the mood over the Holidays! Organic raw aphrodisiac for men and women. Life is better on Hot Rawks!!

November 27, 2010 at 15:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. CBilancia

Me and my fiance know for a fact that after a get-together with friends or family, we use subtle teasing to get eacho ther in the mood for once we are alone. We did in fact have intercourse before and after Thanksgiving day. Needless to say, we are happy and healthy in our relationship and with our eating habits during the holiday season.

November 27, 2010 at 15:35 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. james hotz

Guess who's coming to dinner? That isn't Sidney Portier

November 28, 2010 at 16:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. james hotz

Guess who's coming to dinner? Is that Tiger Woods ?.

November 28, 2010 at 16:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Phil

@ Roger Blatto. Their kids are gonna turn out ugly then. Black-asian kids are some of the worst looking...see Tiger Woods.

November 29, 2010 at 11:13 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Mary

What a stupid article!

November 30, 2010 at 16:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  18. lushy

"tur-dick-in"

November 30, 2010 at 23:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. kerry

I'm in shape. I mountain bike 12,000 footers every summer, kayak, ski, hike and backpack, and I work out with weights. But I will always look like a dork with glasses. Girls don't go for that. Sucks for me, but kinda sucks for them too.

December 1, 2010 at 07:17 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. MyStomachIz2Big

Hard to love with that gut in the way.

December 16, 2010 at 01:28 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Danic

ang cheeeeeeeesy! hehe..pero kinddig aside, this is soooooooooooooooooooo SWEET!you're one damn lucky guy, este, gay? haha..i hope i'd find the one for me rin and have something beyond hormones, beyond physiology (my subject actually this sem) and beyond science Congrats yoshke.I am so happy for you!^-^

October 11, 2012 at 12:31 | Report abuse |
  21. Farh

i l o v e

May 20, 2011 at 15:51 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Jake

cinderella story lmfao that is so funny haha....racisiams bad, dont be like that, but yeah FUNNY!!!!!!!!

October 5, 2011 at 17:46 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Websites To Watch TV Shows Online Reviews

You're in point of fact a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a great job in this subject!

April 20, 2012 at 14:02 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Baow Eugeniek

Great post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Bless you!

July 9, 2012 at 14:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Amran

finya May 14, 2010 don't drop anything if I were you.. hahhaa.. every single cent that you will spend is I think will be worthwhile because it's not only the trip itself, its the culture there and your bonding with your friends and the feeling of being free from stressful manila that you are exchanging with your money!! Just enjoy being a traveler for a month! go aja!

October 11, 2012 at 11:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. ganatuxq

п»ї
    Click the above photograph to watch a quick, not-so-great high quality video of the Quick in Kiwi/Steel. (That's our Quality Assurance professional Aravelia holding the Speedy.) Good quality pictures that actually show the beauty of the Kiwi fabric are coming soon.
    There were a couple stuff that have been holding me personally back from purchasing a swift, but We have just discovered I used to be delaying getting one never ever. First, I thought I want to longer straps. Which i like to carry my personal bags with the tie across my body – I dislike fighting to keep quick straps on my http://bestonlines.webs.com/louis-vuitton-alma-m91445 shoulder. The Swift‘s quick straps are different although, I think something in regards to the size and the cushioning keep them in place perfectly. Second, I don't similar to bags that have too big of an opening with out a zipper because I feel as if it's just inviting the pick pocket. The opening on this bag closes up very perfectly once you pick up the straps, and the single option closure also helps. Third, I though it didn't have enough structure. I believed once I put stuff in the attached pouches it would all just collapse. So I got the ballistic nylon as an alternative to cordura and I don't have this dilemma it all. The carrier fits all the stuff I had in my old tote, PLUS the XL size jumper I am currently creating my husband. I already had some Jeff Bihn organizer pouches, also it all works great with each other. I am sorry I overdue getting one this extended because this is a fantastic bag and knitting tote. – Agnes

May 12, 2013 at 04:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  27. the reaper

why are so many losers on this website?

August 5, 2013 at 20:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. escortinistanbul

Offering you Istanbul’s premium escorts at the lowest prices is our bread and butter, but we want to take it a step further to give you even more.

January 21, 2014 at 14:06 | Report abuse | Reply