home
RSS
September 8th, 2010

Angelina Jolie: Help people in Pakistan

Angelina Jolie is urging the world to remember the people in Pakistan.

The victims of the devastating floods are resilient but they need additional help, the actress and humanitarian told CNN"s Chief Medical Correspondent Sanjay Gupta in an interview from Islamabad on Wednesday.

"They deserve dignity and assistance and we have to treat them with respect and try to preserve what we can of their livelihood and their future."

Jolie is in Pakistan as the personal envoy of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres.

Watch the entire Jolie interview by clicking on the video window above.

Filed under: Global Health

1. SKY

IF WE ARE CHRISTIANS, THEN LET'S ACT LIKE ONE. JOLIE IS NOT FIT TO GO ANYWHERE FOR GOOD WILL.
    SHE NEEDS TO CLEAN UP HER LIFE. REMEMBER WHAT HAPPEN TO JEZEBEL, REMEMBER.

September 8, 2010 at 23:21 | Report abuse | Reply
    • sandee Bishop

Why aren't you there? A person can change and become a great individual.......SHE PUTS HER HEART AND MONEY INTO
      THE CAUSES SHE BELIEVES IN.....You should spend more time doing christian work instead of judging others.

September 10, 2010 at 16:04 | Report abuse |
    • Can

Talk no action...If one does what he/she think is right and that he/she can sleep soundness at nights. He/she has done something good without any doubts of others. There is always two sides of a story. Which side to choose is up to the individual. There is always gonna be problems and issues to deal with, no matter where the troubles are. We are all human being. Each of us has one heart. Please be nice to each other. The world will be a much better place to live in.

September 21, 2010 at 22:39 | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Sky – you are an idiot and it's people like you who are absolutely killing this country. Killing it. Can you tell me what kind of attention you have brought to the suffering of other's in this world? Your bigotry says nothing about anyone but you. I am assuming you are American. I am ashamed to be in the same group as you. I believe they have many societies all over the globe who suppress women. Perhaps you should seek refuge there. Maybe get fitted for a burka.

November 30, 2010 at 13:15 | Report abuse |
  2. SKY

TREAT PEOPLE WITH DIGNITY , TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT, THESE ARE THINGS JOLIE DOES NOT STAND FOR,
    LOOK AT HER RECORD....IF WE WANT BLESSING FROM GOD WE GOT TO USE THOSE WHO RESPECT ALL PERSONS.
    YOU CAN PERFORM GREAT WORKS, BUT IN THE END JESUS CHRIST WILL SAY, I NEVER KNEW YOU............
    WE JUST GOT TO WAKE UP, WAKE UP......

September 8, 2010 at 23:32 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. SKY MEDICAL EMERGENCY!!

SKY.....SEEK MENTAL HELP!....IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 9, 2010 at 06:00 | Report abuse | Reply
  4. tryingtosurvive

Let's try not to forget the people in the United States who are out of work. Out of money and out of hope. Let's not forget the fishermen and their families in the gulf. The ones who have committed suicide for fear of nowhere to turn and pure desperation. Angelina – you have the million$ – you take care of your "pets" while the rest of us here in the USA starve and live on the streets. New Orleans is still unbuilt after five years. Get real Angelina. Take a look at home..

September 9, 2010 at 08:31 | Report abuse | Reply
    • sandee Bishop

Once again.....stay current with the news. Angelina and Brad are famously involved in rebuilding New Orleans.....
      READ UP ON THIS!

September 10, 2010 at 16:06 | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Seriously???? How much of their own money have they dumped into New Orleans? Again, idiot!

November 30, 2010 at 13:16 | Report abuse |
  5. UNHCR Canada

Canadians get your tax receipt – Donate NOW to United Nations Refugee Agency relief efforts in Pakistan – Visit us @ http://www.unhcr.ca/emergency Thank you!

September 9, 2010 at 14:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. isarya

Angelina's so real and educated about everything she does. She sounds smart. Love her!

September 9, 2010 at 23:10 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. SKY

A.J. NEEDS TO BE HOME WITH ALL KIDS, THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENTS PERSONALITY..AND THEY NEED THEIR MOTHER.
    AND ONLY ONE OF HER CHILDREN HAS A FATHER.
    NOW ABOUT HER IN PAKISTAN, I GUESS I WILL SAVE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY UNTIL SHE IS SAFELY BACK ON THE
    SOIL OF U.S.A.

September 10, 2010 at 00:33 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kerry

I am an adopted child and again, your ignorance is just amazing. All of her children has a father. I think you might be evil. Doesn't that come with so much hate?

November 30, 2010 at 13:17 | Report abuse |
  8. Caring Kate

Our loving God is so wise when He tells us simply, "Do not judge." Yes, Angelina is a misguided soul when it comes to allowing her daughte Shiloh to represent something seriiously beyond her helpless understanding and yes it's sad that no one seems to form a team "reality" so that Shiloh can be gently led to be successful in her assinged gender, BUT Angelina Jolie is trying to do what is good and right. Not only does she talk, she walks the talk. I admire her for that and I pray for her parental areas of serious confusion.

September 10, 2010 at 04:39 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Tlicho Guy

how can we help others if we can't help ourselves

September 10, 2010 at 11:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Young American

Some of the people watching this video are saying that she should help America. But don't you guys understand? What? Should we only care about America? Should everyone else suffer while we only help America? We should try and help everyone! Yes, America is in a tough time financially. But other countries have that too, and more.

September 10, 2010 at 16:26 | Report abuse | Reply
    • HarshReality

America should take care of it's own first, with anything left over to be divided among the needful nations or causes we vote on.

November 30, 2010 at 12:25 | Report abuse |
    • karim khan

plz help me for my childs education

December 11, 2012 at 23:42 | Report abuse |
  11. SKY

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET MARRIED? HAS GOD CHANGED?

September 11, 2010 at 04:15 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kerry

No he hasn't. Judge not..... Perhaps you should pray for yourself.

November 30, 2010 at 13:19 | Report abuse |
  12. haji

hellow im haji mahmod and im from iraq i wanted to thank ms.angelena joly to help the pepole in pakestan and i hope u pot her helps more on the news thanks

September 15, 2010 at 11:04 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. HarshReality

And how many humanitarian aid workers have been murdered brutally for the crime of being from a well off country and thinking Pakastani's need help? And they wonder why we don't go there now. Same to be said for Somalia. . .

November 30, 2010 at 12:22 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Fateh Mubeen Babi

Assalam O ALlaikum,,

My name is Fateh Mubeen Babi i am living in Karachi Pakistan my spinal cord is damaged by an accident my medical treatment is in Australia this centers http://www.hypermed.com.au and http://www.scia.org.au i contact to the centers he say that you will come to Australia and treatment now.

I am very poor my medical treatment is stop from about 3 years because i have no money. my both legs is paralyze in accident i request you medical treatment money provide me please i & my parents both are in trouble so you help and corporate me please my contact number is 00923222964972 call anytime Okay.

Please replay me as soon as possible

Thanks,Regards

July 3, 2011 at 05:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. maryam

hi my name is maryam i have no enough money to done my unrelaed transplant in usa ..becouse unfortunatly i am in pakistani citizen and in pakistan their is no factuality for unrelated bonemarrow transplant i am young 21 year old girls i wana live plzz do something for me save my life..save humanity ..

March 31, 2012 at 07:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. maryam

my contact # is +9203122500309 plzz help me i am waiting help..

March 31, 2012 at 07:33 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. maryam

my email address is balochhumza@rocketmail.com..

March 31, 2012 at 07:34 | Report abuse | Reply
    • iffe

Ok! we would like to help you Maryam!
      your cell ph. is off!

September 4, 2012 at 16:44 | Report abuse |
  18. Moazzam Mirza

I am old poor man I have no money to buy any thing to eat and I have no money to pay my house rent for the month of October 2012,kindly help me or guide me how to get help from your side.

October 21, 2012 at 14:09 | Report abuse | Reply