home
RSS
July 27th, 2010

Toddler impaled by pressure washer

A 17-month old North Carolina boy slipped off a chair and was impaled by a rod that lodged two to three inches into his head.

The L-shaped rod, which was attached to a pressure washer, was stuck next to the biggest vein in the toddler’s brain, according to CNN affiliate WRAL in Raleigh, North Carolina. Injury to the vein could have resulted in instant death or a massive stroke or the boy could’ve bled to death when the rod was pulled out. Read more on WRAL.

On Monday, Jessiah Jackson sat on the lap of his family members as he stared bright-eyed into the camera and cooed.  His family, who live in Leland, North Carolina, call him their "blessed baby," according to CNN affiliate WTVD.  Read more on WTVD.

The only sign of the accident was a pink wound on the back of his head.

After Jessiah fell on the rod on July 17, his family reacted immediately and a neighbor who is a rescue squad volunteer sawed off the power washer, according to the affiliates' reports. Jessiah received treatment at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill where doctors removed the rod after a two-hour surgery.

1. Ariel

KID FALLS AND GETS HURT

Is this seriously a front page story?

July 27, 2010 at 17:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  2. bogart

your ignorance blinds you, religious freak. hitler actually had a good set of ideas for the advancement of HUMANITY, but unfortunately those who are for the advancement of the INDIVIDUAL apparently had issues with the removing of genetic inferiority.

July 27, 2010 at 17:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Andrea

What's with some of the people on this site? People jumping all over each other and adding snarky comments for no reason. If someone missed something in the story, simply point it out and move on. No need to be an a** about it. IIf someone seems religious and you're not, let it go; they have their beliefs and you have yours. It doesn't make you mortal enemies. Jeesh...

July 27, 2010 at 17:47 | Report abuse | Reply
    • bogart

religion is the mortal enemy of mankind, there's no two ways about it.

July 27, 2010 at 17:56 | Report abuse |
    • bogart

john mccain and sarah palin were right, religion is holding us back from what we can be and it should be abolished everywhere on the planet

July 27, 2010 at 17:58 | Report abuse |
  4. Tom

Good luck with the recovery. However, I would not go as far as involve God, and call that toddler "blessed". First of all, if he really was blessed, he would not have slipped off that chair in the first place. Also, leaving that alone, if he is blessed, let's see if he can do it again ?.. and then again ? ... Do you really believe he was blessed or was it just pure good old luck ?

July 27, 2010 at 17:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  5. nicole

aww what an adorable little boy! so glad he overcame such injury! this gives us more awareness..sometimes no matter how diligent we are w our children, tragic things happen. and toddlers are so active u sit them down, and they try to climb..it reminds me when I am dealing with my own..so this will give us awareness ...

July 27, 2010 at 17:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Idiots!

Yes, all you people that IMMEDIATELY try to figure out who to blame every time there is an accident. Perhaps you should look up the word accident??

July 27, 2010 at 18:05 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. merecat

What a cute little boy.. So glad for the great outcome and the medical technology and Doctors training that made it happen!

July 27, 2010 at 18:12 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Dorothy

I was afraid to read the article, thank God he is ok!

July 27, 2010 at 18:25 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Tard

Your responses to the troll are very funny - are you 12 years old?

July 27, 2010 at 18:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Edwin

Amazing! I would not have believed it... I am going to guess he makes a full recovery (at that age, any damage to one part of the brain simply results in a little rewiring, so to speak...).

July 27, 2010 at 18:58 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. apecageer

To bad could of been one less future future criminal.

July 27, 2010 at 18:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Whatever

I'm glad this kid is OK. I'm glad there are people in the US that love God. I'm glad there are people who hate people who love God; it makes things interesting. I'm glad people think a black baby is cute. I'm glad some people don't get humor. I decided to waste my time and yours in writing this ridiculous comment.

July 27, 2010 at 19:08 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. M

OMG this kid is beyond adorable. Awww so glad he is ok.

July 27, 2010 at 19:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. don

Ok let me see I was one of the nice guys that cut the pressure washer and everyone of the people that are talking crap can kiss my you know what and for all the non believer fill free to contact me at donherzig@yahoo.com and I will tell u the hole story

July 31, 2010 at 13:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. AR North America ar383

this post has inspired me very much high five dude thank you for this awsome topic

May 13, 2011 at 04:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Harris

sir, send me more information on toddler impaled by pressure washer....
    thanks in advance...