home
RSS
Torn ACL may not always mean surgery
July 22nd, 2010

Torn ACL may not always mean surgery

Tearing an ACL doesn't always mean a trip to the operating room, especially if you're young and active, researchers  report in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The knee's ACL, or anterior cruciate ligament, acts like a rubber band that connects your thigh bone to your leg bone. It provides stability to the knee especially when playing sports such as soccer, basketball or tennis that call for stopping, planting and pivoting. When it pops or tears it requires a trip to your doctor.

Researchers at Lund University in Lund, Sweden wanted to find out whether recovery and use of the knee were more successful depending on when or whether you had surgery.

The experts asked 120 young, active adults who had torn an ACL to undergo one of two different treatments. The first group had surgery shortly after the injury while the other patients received rehabilitation with the option of later ACL surgery if needed. Physical therapists supervised rehabilitation sessions for the second group and often advised patients to use a knee brace when playing sports.

At the end of two years less than half those in the rehab group had opted for ACL knee surgery. And when patients were asked about how satisfied they were with their knee – measured by function, pain levels, and the ability to return to pre-injury activities – the answers were about the same between patients who had gotten surgery shortly after injury and those who had not.

But delaying surgery is not without risks. Elite athletes who plan to continue playing sports requiring quick changes in direction and lots of twisting need a healthy ACL and are usually advised to undergo surgery soon after their injury. Also, the likelihood of developing arthritis increases if an unstable knee gives way leading to a fall. A torn ACL may mean more wear and tear on other knee structures which may mean a trip to your surgeon for a different type of knee operation.

Orthopedic Surgeon Bruce Levy with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, says no one treatment strategy is right for all patients.

"It's important that every patient discuss the pros and cons of surgical management and non surgical management with their doctor and that a treatment strategy be individually tailored to the specific knee injury and the specific knee of the patient," says Levy.

1. tom

Connects your thigh bone to your leg bone? Who wrote this, Dr Seuss?

July 22, 2010 at 18:23 | Report abuse | Reply
    • bri

I laughed for a good 10 minutes at that.

February 1, 2012 at 03:43 | Report abuse |
  2. Keith

Hahaha.. love it

July 22, 2010 at 18:36 | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Bill L - California

I tore an ACL in 2000 at age 48 in motorcycle accident. Doctor recommended a replacement surgery. When I watched videos of how they do this I freaked out and refused surgery.

Now, 10 years later, my ACL has finally healed. I am pain free after so long I can't believe the relief. I can run up stairs again and get in and out of the car without struggle. I am not athletic but I do believe in physical rehabilitation. I had no formal treatment or rehab and that's likely a contributor in my long healing period. I made a conscious effort to 'work out' my knee every day.

I am so happy now that I didn't have the surgery but it was a painful 10 years and I never expected to fully recover.

July 22, 2010 at 18:43 | Report abuse | Reply
    • yep

Your ACL didn't heal....muscles around your knee just pick up the slack

July 22, 2010 at 23:39 | Report abuse |
    • Liana

Bill, I'm glad it's all better now, but 10 years of pain? You should have had the surgery. I tore my ACL last year and had the surgery. I was only in pain from the surgery maybe a 1 week after and then did 3 months of physical therepy which was not bad. By month 2 I felt great. Now 10 months later I don't feel like anything has ever happened. You may have problems with arthritis later on, but I guess if you are not too active it should be okay.

This is just some information for those that are questioning the surgery. I would recommend it, especially for younger and active individuals like myself. Take care of it now, so that you can continue having an active life and not have bigger problems later on.

July 23, 2010 at 16:44 | Report abuse |
    • MVJ

Pl. communicate what activities/exrecises you performed because of which your ACL could heal.

November 15, 2011 at 03:44 | Report abuse |
    • mike

bill,
      i suspect i have torn ligaments.
      doctor took x-rays no fracture.
      recommended mri.
      just set up an appt this morning, scheduled for wed next week 23rd.
      am really worried. i live by myself. surgery scars me.
      help me to understand what it is going to be like and how to handle the situation.

May 16, 2012 at 09:51 | Report abuse |
  4. Mike

I hope you don't tear your meniscus with an unstable knee....

July 22, 2010 at 18:49 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bammer

Yep, thats what happened to me 1.5 years after the ACL tear, blew out 75% of the edge of my meniscus.
      I'm destined for arthritis for sure now.
      Come on stem cell research!

July 23, 2010 at 01:42 | Report abuse |
  5. Ava

Your ACL is within your joint capsule. There is little if any blood flow within that capsule. This is why ACL surgeries are typically performed because this ligament lacks the ability to repair itself. Without blood, tissues have no way of healing. To say that surgery is not always needed is true, but at what cost to other structures in the knee? Just sounds like a more extensive surgery further down the road!

July 22, 2010 at 20:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Carmen

I completely ruptured my ACL and tore my meniscus disk in college while competing as an athelete. My trainers and the team physician all recommended the surgery which I had a month or so after the initial injury. Several years later, I am functional. I walk and run without pain, and lead an active lifestyle. I have developed Arthritis in that knee but its hard to say for sure that the two are directly related. I never felt the same after the suregery as before the injury, but I think it was the best choice for me given the extent of my injuries.

July 22, 2010 at 21:56 | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Martin

ACL surgery now or a Total Knee Replacement in the future if you keep shredding your meniscus and/or cartilage....

July 22, 2010 at 22:49 | Report abuse | Reply
  8. nv

Two years is NOT adequate follow up to draw this conclusion. Not to say that they are ultimately right or wrong, but with two years follow up they simply can't make the statement. Many of the potential (emphasize: potential) downsides of a chronic ACL tear may be 10 or more years down the road. To be fair, the authors never intended their findings to lead to the type of generalizations portrayed here.
    Maybe a useful study as a point of departure for further investigation. NOT a good study from which to draw major, long-term conclusions, and should NOT be dragged out in the mainstream media as though they know what they are talking about. As presented here, harmfully incomplete information.

July 22, 2010 at 22:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  9. ED

I tore my ACL completely 3 1/2 years ago while skiing. I'm now 46 years old - I opted not to have reconstructive surgery for a myriad of reasons - I went to two orthopedic surgeons in two different states and both said the same thing - no damage to the meniscus, leg is healthy and strong and is compensating well, I'm relatively young, in good physical shape, healthy weight - risks of surgery not justified. I did get a custom brace like those given to professional athletes, 2 months of PT three times a week and took a year off skiing. I'm now back skiing (wearing a brace and I ski very conservatively now) and doing all my previous activities with no pain, instability or swelling. I heartily recommend getting a second opinion and don't rush into anything. BTW Bill L...both of my orthopedic surgeons said the ACL doesn't heal without surgery, your leg just compensates.

July 22, 2010 at 23:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  10. cehavens

At age 14, I tore my left ACL. No money for surgery so I continued to play sports on it. It was always coming "out of joint". At age 18, I finally got the surgery and 75% of my cartilage was damaged... some had to be removed. No amount of rehab helped make my leg stronger so that I wouldn't need the surgery. Then, 5 years ago, I was playing ball on the beach and tore my ACL in my right leg. Without hesitation, I had the surgery. I've never regretted either surgery and I'm 41 now. So, I've done both...tried rehab/therapy for 4 yrs. first. Then had surgery. And, no rehab the 2nd time, straight to the operating room. I'd recommend the latter.

July 23, 2010 at 02:37 | Report abuse | Reply
  11. cehavens

P.S. I do have degenerative arthritis in my left knee, but not my right. I attribute that to the years of torture before having the surgery.

July 23, 2010 at 03:09 | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Joe

I have torn my ACL in both knees. Had the patellar graft in the left knee 1998 and hamstring graft in the right 2000. I waited two years to have the sugery on my left knee and it is the one that occasionaly hurts. It was always "popping out of joint" until I had the sugery. I had the right knee done within six months of injury and it does not hurt. If I hadn't had the sugery I would not be able to run or play sports as I was always falling down anytime I turned. I don't know if it was waiting or the patellar graft that causes the pain now but if I would have had sugery earlier at least I would know. I run at least 10 miles a week now and play basketball and football.

July 23, 2010 at 07:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Dimitrios Kostopoulos, PT, PhD, DSc, ECS

In my practice we see frequently patients with torn ACL who can do very well with conservative physical therapy care without the need of surgery.
    Of course some individuals who play sports with extremely high demand on their needs may have to go through a surgical reconstruction. For others who do not have such high demads from their knees the key is to do consistent good quality therapy to improve the stability and strength of the knee and to also increase proprioception.
    For more information on ACL problems look at the medical online library at http://www.handsonpt.org

July 23, 2010 at 09:01 | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Diana

During a soccer game my freshman year of HS, I tore my ACL completely in half and had a small fracture in my leg bone plus awful bruising all on the back on my knee and thigh which made the healing process even slower apparently. I had the surgery less than 2 months later and it took 6 months of physical therapy to get me back on the field. My knee still gets a little stiff now and then and I have that stupid scar but I can't imagine not having the surgery. My cousin tore hers too and didn't have the surgery and she still has to wear a brace when playing plus she can't bend her knee all the way or straighten her leg all the way... Who wants that!!

July 23, 2010 at 09:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  15. gwb

I tore both ACLs, six years apart, playing soccer – the last in 2002. I had surgery after each tear, with a 4-6 month recovery each time. I stopped playing soccer after the second tear and started running in 2004. I've since done two marathons, two half-marathons and many, many shorter races. I try to keep a 15 mile/week base, and for the long races my training peaks in the high 30s low 40s. I've had no knee problems to speak of, but I can tell when my shoes are getting worn out...

In the period of time between my second tear and the resulting surgery, my knee "popped out" a few times just from walking. I can't imagine having to constantly worry about that.

July 23, 2010 at 10:18 | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Kansascity53

I tore my left ACL and left MCL ten years ago at age 36 and my dr. recommended that I not have surgery. After rehabing on my own I can play pick-up lacrosse, soccer and basketball and I just make sure I dont go crazy with the side to side cutting. I also am an avid runner who runs 10 – 15 miles per week and just ran my first half-marathon. All with no knee issues (other than some occassional soreness). I just wonder what the future brings as I get older. I guess time will tell.

July 23, 2010 at 12:30 | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Geri Spear

Leslie this is a great piece that highlights the importance of knowing your options and rehabilitation. Have you ever heard of the AlterG treadmill? Professional athletes from the LA Lakers and Baltimore Ravens use it to recover from injuries. It would be interesting to see if this technology will hit mainstream anytime soon.

July 23, 2010 at 13:13 | Report abuse | Reply
    • rafi

The Alter G runs about $75,000.00 as I understand it. Can't imagine that most PT facilities have one of those.

July 26, 2010 at 11:54 | Report abuse |
  18. steph

Tore ACL in 92, doctors couldn't diagnose it until 2 years later after my daughter was born. Even after therapy and strengthening exercises knee kept popping out of joint. Since surgery was delayed so long, waited until daughter could walk then had surgery. After extensive rehab and complications (including blood clots) it works MUCH better now. My fear was it popping out while I was carrying the baby downstairs. Also had cartilege surgery about 72, MCL repaired about 82. Sometimes knees are not one of our Creator's better inventions! Knee works fine now – the other one, however, is popping out but not like ACL – will eventually have to have it looked at.

July 23, 2010 at 13:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Taylor

Tore my left ACL in 2001 and opted for rehab and limited sports (running and biking only) finally had surgery in 2008 and had significant arthritis. Back to basketball and tore my right ACL in April, opted for surgery within 2 months there was little to no arthritis in that knee. Currently in rehab for right knee but glad I had the surgery right away. The risk of arthritis is too significant.

July 23, 2010 at 13:57 | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Lynne

Just be a big boy or girl and have the surgery. I did in February, the pain is gone, and I'm feeling great.

July 23, 2010 at 14:34 | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Jay

I tore the ACLs in both knees playing hockey in 88 and then again in 01. I was able to recover and continue to play at a competitive level until 3 years ago. Now I can only play on beer leagues and pick-up sessions because the pain got worse and worse. I have arthritis in both knees which causes pain sometimes and definitely can't play hockey on a rainy day or do much else. I shouldn't be playing hockey at all, but I'm in great shape and still love the sport too much to stop. I'll say this, I'll take a repaired functional ACL over no ACL at all.

July 23, 2010 at 15:34 | Report abuse | Reply
  22. BJSMD

had micro fracture surgery through an arthroscope for this. I play very competitive tennis. Rehab was quick. ACL healed wonderfully with this minimally invasive approach

July 23, 2010 at 16:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Kara

Oh my gosh!! GET the surgery!!! 2.5 YEARS after they were ok.... with arthroscopic ACL surgery you can be back playing in 4-6 MONTHS with no pain or risk of secondary injuries!

Just DON'T get cut (older surgery before arthroscopic)... no use tearing through all the muscles, those never heal right again.

This used to be a career ending injury, and now it can be fixed with minimal invasion. Waste of a study. Fix yourself!!!

July 23, 2010 at 18:38 | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Ben

Tore my ACL senior year of HS during a football game. I sat out the rest of the game and practiced for the next four days until it was too swollen to fit a brace over. Doctor diagnosed torn ACL, possible MCL and PCL damage as well. Had an MRI and surgery once the swelling was under control (about 2 months after initial injury). Dr. used the patellar tendon graft method. I then underwent six months of intensive PT to regain full function of the knee. I'm very happy with the results, 99% of the time my knee feels way better than it did pre-injury. There are days when my knee cap is sore, it's because of some scar tissue that formed where they took the graft from. TL;DR version: Get the surgery, it will prevent all kinds of problems 5+ years down the road.

July 26, 2010 at 13:47 | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Sandy

I tore my acl in Nov. last year and dr. said surgery was for younger, more active people. I did rehab for a short time. I'm finally getting back to the track now, though, and as I'm slowly increasing my walking/running distance the pain is increasing. (Although it doesn't hurt WHILE I'm running.) Lateral movement is particularly painful. I'm feeling so good about finally exercising again but I'm not sure how to go forward.

August 5, 2010 at 15:37 | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Bill

Our son just tore his left ACL and it's his senior year. He's a basketball player in HS. Season starts in 4 weeks. He finally gets to start and is one of the team captains. The doctor is discussing the option of rehab / prehab and wearing a knee brace and trying to play BUT... then after the season ends in 4 months, then have surgery. Does this make sense? Or are we really risking further damage?

November 18, 2010 at 17:31 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Margie

Hi Bill we are in the same situation our son torn his left acl playing football he also a senior in high school we are thinking about doing the same thing just let him finish the season out and then schedule his surgery. He's the starting QB and we want him to play his last year of high school so we are going to order one of those Donjoy knee brace to help protect his acl.

September 30, 2014 at 22:32 | Report abuse |
  27. marty hansen

First of all. I an no superman and second,I have RSD, no called CRPS which is the most condition known to man, is incurable
    and it is 24/7. If diagnosed very early, remission is possible but even then, it usually raises it's ugy head again. The most widely
    accepted severe–and /or chronic pain scale worldwide is th McGill Pain scale. RSD (originally called causalgia when disc.
    during Civil war )tops the chart as ait odes all other charts. Applying numbers, the highest pain level fro any fro cancer comes in around 24, the very worst moment of ntl childbirth is 37-38, self amputatiion (no anesthetic) 39-40 nd RSD at it's lowest is 42 amd again. i constant. As a qtrback, I broke my neck, left shouder 3 times (had recon sgy)-haf tommy john sgy rt elbow beforeTJ did-have broken total of 9 vetebrae (broke neck again at ranch–fused neck ma have saved life!)==
    c4.6.7--T4.5.6 --L4–5-sacrum (which is 9 fused vert)--have lived in pain, played in pain entire life, think it is reason I possiblydeal (nothing prepared me for RSD as is so much worse) with pain better than other rsd pts. Docs were amzed 2 yrs ago when examining looseness in knees–led to mris scscans etc–and I had torn both acls and both mcls in half, yet I walk===will say I wobble standing still but pain wise, RSD pain is so overwhelming, I rarely feel knee pain–and had knee sgys when playing ball yrs ago also. Last 6 times under anesthetic, I came to early into procedures around my spinal cord-and laid still for remaining 1 to 1 1/12 hrs. I often go 3-4 days unable to sleep bc of pain–went 6 fulll days last spring. In final stages, I now have other disases that are part of this --but while docs wonder how I walk--I owe it to RSD (no sgys allowed as it spreads disease further) -if ever made it to remission of RSD–impossible forme-too many yrs, too far along, I would prob not be able to walk!!

December 25, 2011 at 21:48 | Report abuse | Reply
  28. marty hansen

sorry about obvious typos/ommissions above. my hands, fingers are affected by this disease of hhe sympathetic nervous system. someties. do not hit keys hard enough as hurts. yesterday twice -and I still look athletic, people do not understand–clerk had to come around and enter my pin etc. ieven with pen, could not press hard enough to put in numbers.

the body will compensate however as someone mentioned above, mscles taking over. I have developed muscles rarely developed (or had) in left shoulder after i tore apart recon sgy within month of rarely done suregery (my chronic dis. was to posterior -i blve 1/400 diloctae to rear–much more difficult to repair. for yrs,

December 25, 2011 at 21:59 | Report abuse | Reply
  29. ipad

hello!,I like your writing so a lot! share we be in contact more approximately your article on AOL? I need an expert on this space to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look ahead to peer you.

April 29, 2012 at 04:07 | Report abuse | Reply
  30. xSkySoft

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you actually know what you're speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally seek advice from my site =). We could have a link change arrangement among us

April 29, 2012 at 07:43 | Report abuse | Reply
  31. hong kong massage

Thanks for the good writeup. It in fact was a enjoyment account it. Glance complicated to more introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how can we keep up a correspondence?

April 29, 2012 at 13:31 | Report abuse | Reply
  32. pet rabbit

this is a wonderful blog post, among the most effective from these which i've come across so far. i'm adding your rss to my reader, see you each week

April 29, 2012 at 13:53 | Report abuse | Reply
  33. BetaGiveaways

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He used to be entirely right. This put up actually made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

April 29, 2012 at 17:42 | Report abuse | Reply
  34. servicio tecnico informatico

Tremendous things here. I am very satisfied to look your article. Thank you a lot and I am looking forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

April 29, 2012 at 20:15 | Report abuse | Reply
  35. rekla,ma opole

Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your site by accident, and I am stunned why this accident did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

April 29, 2012 at 20:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  36. danby Beverage Refrigerators

Woah this weblog is great i love studying your posts. Keep up the great work! You recognize, a lot of individuals are hunting around for this info, you can aid them greatly.

April 30, 2012 at 01:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Young strip

Generally I don't read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite great article.

April 30, 2012 at 05:40 | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Nasrinf Bertusf

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon. Thanks

July 15, 2012 at 05:19 | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Krishnan Thyagaraj

Sharing my personal story on the ACL:

I am now 74 years old, completely tore my right knee ACL, damaging the medial mensicus too, as the MRI showed, this was 42 years ago, playing a game of cricket. Was advised by a no of surgeons to undergo reconstructive surgery. I di not choose this option, instead focussed on strengthening the entire structural strength of the knee. Have been running long distance last 42 years without serious issues. Have done the full marathon, the half marathon & the 10k distances – won the Gold Medal at the Sunfeast World 10k held in my city, for my age group. Have maintained all along a very active running & Gym work outs, doing around 300 kms a month. No serious issues, have taken care however to avoid sports involving twisting & turning.

October 9, 2012 at 08:52 | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Katrina Johnson

I have an ACL tear in my knee that I've had for a few years now. I've been getting through my daily activities with my knee injury as long as I wear a brace to keep my knee secure to avoid re-injury. Researching other ways for treatment besides surgery. I normally dont read blogs or posts either, but this website actually caught my attention. Its been very helpful, information is hard to come across. And I was starting to feel as if I was the only one with this problem. I have the same symptoms; tender knee, cracks, pops, excuciating pain before it swells. I am researching therapy treatments out there before I decide to go for the surgery. I have been researching stem-cell treatment and ultrasound therapy(www.mendmyknee.com). I believe for athletes surgery is required. But, for someone like me who is somewhat active but not as active as an athlete long-term therapy could work. Thanks again for the stories and comments.

October 23, 2012 at 16:21 | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Barbara Bakutis

Acar ran over my left knee and torn off the ACL can't be restored.I'm going to have orth surgery to clean up everything,It can't be repaired. Has this happpened to anyone in my age group ,I'm69.Can I live an active life style without my ACL?

January 1, 2013 at 18:16 | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Jacquie Minnes

Return to Sport after ACL Reconstruction

Had your ACL reconstructed? I'm doing a Master's research project on ACL reconstruction and want to know about your experiences about rehabilitation, and getting back in the game.

Please visit http://fluidsurveys.com/s/returntosport/ to participate in a short web survey. Participation involves answering 19 on-line questions about your activity level, your experience surrounding the process of rehabilitation after ACL reconstruction, and your decisions surrounding returning to sport. The questionnaire will take 5-10 minutes to complete, is completely anonymous, and will have no influence on your medical care.

Jacquie Minnes PT
    School of Rehabilitation Science
    McMaster University

May 19, 2013 at 21:33 | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Rick

I tore my ACL in my left knee at age 17 playing soccer. I had it replaced w/ my patellar tendon. ! year later playing college soccer i now tore my ACL in my R knee. MRI says, bone bruising, MCL sprain and ACL in need of reconstruction. I heard and felt the pop, had swelling for a week or so, but now, 4 weeks later, my knee feels pretty darn good....Surgery is scheduled for xmas break.
    Question is, do I get a 2nd opinion? Is it possible that my ACL was also just sprained? Do I go to another Orthopedist or get a different Radiologist to read the MRI disc that I have? Is it black and white to read an MRI if it's torn or not?
    Appreciate any feed back.

October 20, 2013 at 07:55 | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Jerry john

hey guys,
    am only 17 years old and I had a ACL TORN or nearly 4 years , but these it has been 4 monts that I am not feeling much pain, but still got prob with standing, I saw the surgery in youtube , and I begged to my parents to not to let me have it .......now I am much more comfortable and less pain and even feeling strong with my legs ........sorry to know that there are guys like me suffering ........I know some time pain killers don't even work .......but faith is a important factor...all the best guys

December 17, 2013 at 14:04 | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Torn Meniscus Pain

when i {get to work or even when im no longer working on my shoulder grinds , iv gone to the physician and all they are able to think it is karpèl tunnel and I understand for a fact that it generally does not because my arm generally is women 'll stack and its own made ??my arms very weak, i cant do a push up and out of my arm feels like it'll hand out under great pressure, I want to get back in the gym and begin up but im afraid that arm I crushed my or my worst||I just try to get better shoulder movement exercise to minimize or eliminate that pop . liked it. sick just like the front area of the shoulder is developed. I really like how it looks on many of these football players||Whenever I'm doing pullups or chin up slots left sleeve elbow me every time and today I can crack it at will . Also it hurts sometimes when I do it.||Sew I'll click when I work out – please help ! pain & discomfort||I occasionaly get this popping sensation with a brief sharp pain when im doing tricep pull downs . F `t always happen but it prevented me from finishing my series as I don` t want to risk injury .||You're very informative , and I appreciate the clarity of one's message. Nevertheless, you repeat yourself again and again and again and again . I think everyone in the video could possibly be 75% sure that you have right now as you just said a similar thing more often than once or twice , but five or six times . Please contemplate less duplication.||joints I crack plenty of that's bad, but I mean a lot||remaining slots knees every time I run , so what can I do? is actually annoying||Stop watching it once he said slinovial .||Both my hips crack ... I can walk , and if I lift my side, they are able to crack ... in addition they crack when I sit at the table and I moved in either left or right and they will crack ... My parents say that it is made ??with pockets of heaven within my hips ... I need to know how to stop it and ways to get rid of it ...||Can you please make a video showing ways to get gone the joints cracked ! I'll appreciate it. Thank you!||Whenever I really do curls slots left sleeve elbow me nd it dont hurt its just very uncomfortable||cracks sleeve my right elbow when I bend it around 10 times . It does not hurt also it only cracks when I flex the wrist or workout. My doctor said there was something to do with cartilage and told me not to workout for a while but I do not know if it's serious. I sort of worry that it cracks many times, with minor cracks and type of like||This technique Exercise Almost – Magic average guy gets built up with little effort . Just go with Google Morsch Madness muscle for more information .||He kinda appears like Tim Curry||Kaka this bothers me . When I walk , my ankles and knees crack. When I do push-ups and pull – ups my arms crack. Hell, if I just got my arm my shoulder will crack. It's like I'm dying.||crack my shoulders and painful it : (||Knees crack & locks||elbows crack when I do push ups diamond||My left ankle joint still pops whenever I pronate (moving my feet outwards ) . Sometimes during exercise have mild discomfort in the joint . The problem that I've a scarcity of fluids in sinovyal ankle orthopedic or is it a problem?||Hi everyone . Exceptional movie . My pal was once a fatty . He went from 284 pounds of fat at 203lbs in genuine muscle tissue. I could not believe it ! I simply signed personally coz I plan to get heftier muscle tissue. He used muscle mass building Bible ( Search on Google ) ...||Lee my right knee pops and cracks and creaks each and every time on a regular basis. I had given him before but I started physical therapy because of this and finished physical therapy. It continues to pop , but not as painful because the physical therapy. Now, he'll be back the medial side that hurts. I can do dancing again , I can not squat for an extended period of time without waking up and feel a great crack in my own knee and sometimes a sense than catchy . I've gotten an MRI done before , however they said that it's normal.||I am grateful for the film. Really Love You tube due to this type of thing ! My family used to bully . He explained he was about to grow muscle mass. I laugh ... Right up suddenly it became 40lbs of pure muscle . He used muscle mass building Bible – try Google. It does not get intimidated nowadays. I actually signed a few days ago. Not forgetting this guy emails are excellent ...||whenever your joints crack (any joint ) nitrogen bubbles its exploading not do any damage at all, unless if it hurts it could be split so sontin are almost harmless , but just dont start doing it like crazy or Els it might lead to ( make it like 800 times each day that stop) or you may get arthritis, igroma , or tandinit||The best advice I could give you would be to get it tested by your doctor.||In the event that you feel pain then , obtain it tested by a physiotherapist .||The truth that you're only 17 and just started working about 14 days ago and already feel pain, my guess is that you are doing too much too soon . How often do you trained your chest in 2 weeks ago?||My mother says it 's more work from fewer knees him pop when it works out. What do you think about this?||Wht happens should they never crack near Ur and Ur no longer working out but will sit 2||Sorry for the many comments . I was even yet in phisiotherapist and he thought it had been a muscle imbalance . But she herself was wrong and told me to visit the physician if exercise does not work . After that, my doctor is really a piece of s**t . He said that he has nothing .||hi this is emy I've something on knee me everytime im tired of doing might work dont know if this is actually the vein that becomes larger nonetheless it gets off when I take a break for a long time I simply want to know if the bag that thing is really a one vein or neck ? and I felt that almost a year already||I could do something that may pop out of my skull on my back and my shoulders which is very creepy and my eyes can shake realer fast can someone tell me why I can do it very creepy when I show it to my friends found disgust||Illiopsoas is primary flechiseur your hip . Maybe , somehow , tendons are pulling your leg high and out a bit since it attaches on trokanter at the very least in your femoral . If it certainly bothers you work on your external rotators / internal for stability .||Hi I have a question, when I gave sternum me. Pops is that normal?||wow . Many thanks. I was just so cerious , because the other day I did so exersize on a thing that looks like a factory threading but where ur foot forward to the along ( forget the name ) . In any event , a day coming , somewhere throughout the day I was walking with my left knee just popped . Then he felt better . No pain , nothing . Reached a bone pops everytime u tell me , I felt strangely relieved. Exactly like it feels good. Now, is that a bad thing .||"And my doctor is really a piece of s**t . " As they all are . ;-)||I dont have pain , I simply have discomfort when I strech my left arm , it bothers my shoulder but I dont know if I can go heavy anthem pair pooppiiin||rednut416|Sat, 03 Feb 2013 04:51:36 +0000|I crack all the time I simply move it and cracks||Only once I started, it needs to crack once. after that first crack do Personally i think ml again. the knees and elbows||Yes , smoking weed minimises your testosterone levels . An individual joint will suppress testosterone for 3 days. So if you smoke up 2 or even more times per week you will be in a chronic state with low testosterone levels .||Hi I have a question, when I gave sternum me. Pops is that normal?||wow . Many thanks. I was just so cerious , because the other day I did so exersize on something that looks like a factory threading but where ur foot forward to the up and down ( your investment name ) . The point is , a day coming , somewhere during the day I was walking with my left knee just popped . He then felt better . No pain , nothing . Reached a bone pops everytime u tell me , I felt strangely relieved. Exactly like it feels good. Now, is a bad thing .||I dont have pain , I just have discomfort when I strech my left arm , it bothers my shoulder but I dont know if I can go heavy anthem pair pooppiiin||I crack on a regular basis I simply move it and cracks||Only when I started, it needs to crack once. after that first crack do Personally i think ml again. the knees and elbows||Me too just pop bending arm pain but not too much discomfort all the time in||When I face – pulled me hand – joints crack or pop. In addition, it kinda hurting me . For what? I believe maybe I have weak wrists . How can I strengthen them? Many thanks!||The main thing is that there surely is no pain. Just check out the links that I posted in the video description .||In doing sontin as simple as once you lift up leading I have a strange popping in my hips aswell overtime was my own body became a / feminine figure strangely large torso / Pécs / glutes & small arms / never / sale . I really believe its from sitting continuously , using the pc, insufficient playing outside , bad posture , bad pick of high- fat foods & processed food items , plus an anterior pelvic tilt, I appear to lean forward when I stand when I try mounting myself in the center of gravity i cant,||Are you currently in pain isn't normal, so you should get it checked out .|||hi, please answer ! Im workout out with freestyle soccer, so I have to use my hips a lot , and everytime I lift my feet , and make a circle to make a trick , it pops ! and painfull for a few seconds , and , it goes away completely after abour 1 day roughly, even hours. I dont know why that is happening ... what but my question is, Must i go check a health care provider ? cause it pops and I have a pain only following the winter it popped like 20-30 times ... despite having my fingers when I pop them they hurt a whole lot , so I should worrie or not?||its not painful or difcomorting but anoying and I needed to fix it ? how? additionally it is tempormary and went away a while longer?||Handles elbow I actually worries me though .. there's no pain but I think it really is my tendons popping out of place . When I do a pushup , he pops in about 80 degree bend .. I watched the video, but it appears like I might have nerve subluxing kubital I|||Beginning of training each muscle group once per week . You can examine out 3 day bodybuilding split routine that I've posted on the main channel me.||I've a question ! Weed smoking makes muscles get harder ? even if you have an excellent workout plan and an eating plan good?||when I really do scissors ( ab exercise ) my backbone crack's why?}

March 1, 2014 at 08:35 | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Britney

Im 12 years old and i tore my acl and had surgery!! Really painful stuff!!

May 13, 2014 at 13:29 | Report abuse | Reply
  47. CC

I just read my operative report & read my knee surgeon sacrificed my ACL & PCL for the pleasure of me getting a total knee replacement. I'm very active own my own snow skis ride a horse which you mount from the left and use your left leg to pull yourself up into the saddle. He never discussed this with me and I'm very concerned ???? Am I know a life long cripple ?

June 17, 2014 at 16:14 | Report abuse | Reply
  48. internet marketing

Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one
    and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any assistance is
    very much appreciated.

July 10, 2014 at 10:24 | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Chris

Hi. I am a 16 year old teen that have snappet/poopt both acl :/ this is all becouse of football/soccer.
    It started last year when i had a bad warmup and fell on the field messing my acl and meniscus. I got the operation and after 9 moths my right leg felt better, but when i started again it didn't take long before my other acl poopt and it may becouse of the long break i gained some weight ( I have very thick bones and not fat but kinda chubby ) and thats why i am so afraid that i wont be able to play anymore. I am not slow on the field i am really one of the fastest despite my bigger body. I started this feb training mucle and got alot of the fat to be mucle ( gained 7kg and 3cm shoulder increase ) i also trained the leg i damaged and now that i have damaged another one i dont know what to do 😦
    Plz give me some sugestions i am very stressed. Should i take a break and start in maybe some years ?

July 22, 2014 at 15:06 | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chris

I will get a surgery this aug or sep just to let you know !

July 22, 2014 at 15:13 | Report abuse |
  50. hospitalkhoj

Top Gynecology Hospitals in India will take a decision on whether surrogacy is a deadly need or is there any other cheaper option for parenthood. It is most indispensable to put double thought as it is expensive. The conclusion making depends upon laboratory a test that includes uterine state, general health state.

July 28, 2014 at 03:06 | Report abuse | Reply